The Official Wii U Thread: Nintendo Direct Incoming

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#501 Posted by super600 (32404 posts) -

Mobile glitch strikes agian.Let's hope none of the score =s end up being true.

#502 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2207 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Huh. That's pretty damning. Isn't that breaking embargo though? I thought ZombiU reviews go live on 11/18? In which case, it might still be a mistake. [spoiler] Desperately wanting this to be good... [/spoiler] bobbetybob

The reviews aren't officially out yet. For whatever reason, the mobile site sometimes shows scores/reviews before they actually go up. It happened before with Resident Evil 6.

edit so I don't triple post:

The text for the ZombiU review is here.

Damn that's pretty rough about ZombiU. Seems like pretty much what I thought would lower the score, there just not being enough stuff to do. It's shame the melee combat had to be boring on top of that.

That NSMBU review sounds very positive though, must be at the very least an 8.5

Wii U gamepad adds little and hurts immersion. Hm, always looked like the contrary to me. Was planning to get it eventually if it got good reviews... Now, not so much.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#503 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

How is zombie u graphically, is it a step ahead of what the HD twins have been offering?

Because it honestly didn't look like it.

Serious question.

#505 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33514 posts) -
Hey Slash, know if there are other reviews for other launch games, like Tekken Tag 2, Mass Effect 3, etc?
#506 Posted by AAllxxjjnn (19992 posts) -
So basically the features that supposedly made Zombi U "perfect for the Wii U" are just dumb gimmicks like everyone knew they would be.
Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#508 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

Video reviews:

Nintendo Land

ZombiU

I'll post others as I find them.

Slashkice
God ZombU looks terrible, such a shame. It literally looks like a poor attempt at condemned with some shoddy touch screen features thrown in.
Avatar image for Da_Koolio_Gamer
#509 Posted by Da_Koolio_Gamer (202 posts) -

Video reviews:

Nintendo Land

ZombiU

edit: Or not. Found the NG3/NSMBU pages but the videos aren't uploaded yet.

Slashkice

Zombie U 4.5d

Nintendoland 8

#510 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (29576 posts) -

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Video reviews:

Nintendo Land

ZombiU

edit: Or not. Found the NG3/NSMBU pages but the videos aren't uploaded yet.

Da_Koolio_Gamer

Zombie U 4.5d

Nintendoland 8

So ZombiU Red Steel'd after all.

Well I guess the only good Zombie Game for 2012 is now Day-Z.

Also If People played Resident Evil 6 and be ok with it, I'm sure people will like ZombiU .

#511 Posted by GD1551 (9645 posts) -

So ZombiU is dead island?

#513 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2207 posts) -

8.5 Nintendo Cap strikes again!

#514 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26428 posts) -

2z4he36.jpg.

#515 Posted by Willy105 (24745 posts) -
Ah ha! I knew ZombiU was the the Wii U's Red Steel! Ubisoft never changes!
#516 Posted by T3H_1337_N1NJ4 (2207 posts) -
Batch of Edge reviews. Left the others there for comparisons sake. Assassin's Creed III [8] Hitman: Absolution [7] Halo 4 [8] New Super Mario Bros U [8] ZombiU [7] Nintendo Land [7] Hotline Miami [9] Medal of Honour: Warfighter [3] Paper Mario: Sticker Star [8] Assassin's Creed III: Liberation [7]
#517 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -

2z4he36.jpg.

ChubbyGuy40
I lol'd.
#518 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

How is zombie u graphically, is it a step ahead of what the HD twins have been offering?

Because it honestly didn't look like it.

Serious question.

ReadingRainbow4

The Wii U is more powerful than PS3, according to developers such as 5th Cell's Jeremiah

However, not many games on Wii U will look better than western AAA offerings on PS3/360.

Nintendo's games will be 720p 60 fps, as opposed to 30/sub-30 fps which allows devs to squeeze more of the hardware. It's also a matter of cost, game sales on Nintendo consoles are not proportional to their marketing/development budget, i.e. there's not enough demand for "rich graphics" as Iwata put it.

That said, we might see something from Retro Studios for example that it technically superior to the best looking PS3 games.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#519 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

ZombiiU seemed like a very interesting game for the WiiU. Seems like it fell wayyyy short

Avatar image for deactivated-586249e1b64ba
#520 Posted by deactivated-586249e1b64ba (7629 posts) -

@All ZombiU Red Steel'd comments
To be fair, Ubisoft didn't release a buggy and ugly mess this time around. >.>

Anyways, it sounded like the reviewer pretty much melee'd his way through the entire game.
That's kind of like going through Resident Evil with only a knife or farming in Demon's/Dark Souls.
Maybe ammo's really, really scarce, but it sounded like an issue with playstyle rather than the game.

#521 Posted by Pikminmaniac (11194 posts) -

What are youlooking forward to most when you get your hands on the Wii U tomorrow? Personally, I'm extremely interested in using the Miiverse functionality. I can't wait to see how the community grows from day one and the messages we all come up with.

#522 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

Scribblenauts got 8.8/10 at IGN

#523 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -
"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha
#524 Posted by RyanShazam (6498 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha

Good thing we can also play with a Pro controller.
#525 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -
[QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the machine. Don't you think? You take away the controller and your left with a current gen console.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#526 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

ZombiiU review was removed

#527 Posted by Animal-Mother (27350 posts) -

I'm looking forward to finishing my ten page paper THEN buying the wii-u round closing time.

#528 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha

Awesome, you're getting what you want.
#529 Posted by Chutebox (43129 posts) -

So....any Blops2 reviews for Wii U yet?

#530 Posted by Chutebox (43129 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="RyanShazam"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha

Kinda defeats the whole purpose of the machine. Don't you think? You take away the controller and your left with a current gen console.

Nah. I can only speak for myself, but I just wanted a more powerful Nintendo system.
#531 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" MuhahahahaMichael0134567

Well, I did say that devs are going to throw a bunch of ideas on the wall and only a few would stick. We'll see a couple of games that use it very well but the rest will just have menu settings, maps and other insignificant data on the second. I would rather have the gamepad's budget put back into the machine(better hardware etc.). So far it seems to excel at minigames like the wii-mote.

#532 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33514 posts) -
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" Muhahahaha

Well, I did say that devs are going to throw a bunch of ideas on the wall and only a few would stick. We'll see a couple of games that use it very well but the rest will just have menu settings, maps and other insignificant data. I would rather have the gamepad's budget put back into the machine(better hardware etc.).

Even if they did add "better hardware", you'd still be flanking on Nintendo even then.
#533 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="Michael0134567"] Awesome, you're getting what you want.nintendoboy16
Well, I did say that devs are going to throw a bunch of ideas on the wall and only a few would stick. We'll see a couple of games that use it very well but the rest will just have menu settings, maps and other insignificant data. I would rather have the gamepad's budget put back into the machine(better hardware etc.).

Even if they did add "better hardware", you'd still be flanking on Nintendo even then.

Hear we go again with your constant "still would hate it" BS. How about you prove it, nintendoboy. instead of posting a bunch of baseless claims.

#534 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -
Damn shame about Zombiu, it looked really promising. Good to hear that NSMBU is great though.
#535 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33514 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"] Well, I did say that devs are going to throw a bunch of ideas on the wall and only a few would stick. We'll see a couple of games that use it very well but the rest will just have menu settings, maps and other insignificant data. I would rather have the gamepad's budget put back into the machine(better hardware etc.).MFDOOM1983

Hear we go again with your constant "still would hate it" BS. How about you prove it, nintendoboy. instead of posting a bunch of baseless claims.

Baseless? ANYTHING you have posted about Nintendo has been nothing BUT negative. You go out of your way to call the Wii U bad just because certain games have issues.

Call me a fanboy all you want (must I remind you that I have criticized Nintendo on a few occasions?), but that's what you do. Not fooling me.

#536 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" MuhahahahaMFDOOM1983

What game are you talking about ?

#537 Posted by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

So, ZombiU is the Wii U's Red Steel :P

#538 Posted by TilxWLOC (1164 posts) -

Wii U and Zombi U have taught me something: people jump to conclusions entirely too quickly.

#540 Posted by SuperFlakeman (7411 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]"Other functions are simply better handled through traditional controller inputs" MuhahahahaSuperFlakeman

What game are you talking about ?

Nvm, I googled it, it's from Gamespot's review of Zombi U.

It's a launch game from Ubisoft

Yeah this proves you where right all along:roll:

Meanwhile Scribblenauts, NSMB U and Nintendo Land, the three launch day games I've been championing, turned out preeetty good xD

What a joke account this guy is. It's like basing Vita's hardware capabilities and future lineup on Declassified.

#541 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Even if they did add "better hardware", you'd still be flanking on Nintendo even then.nintendoboy16

Baseless? ANYTHING you have posted about Nintendo has been nothing BUT negative. You go out of your way to call the Wii U bad just because certain games have issues.

Call me a fanboy all you want (must I remind you that I have criticized Nintendo on a few occasions?), but that's what you do. Not fooling me.

There are a few corrections to your assumptions i'd like to make. First off I'm critical of nintendo's last two consoles(wii and wii-u). I've had nothing but praise for 3ds after the price drop and subsequent great software releases. Outside of the lack of dual analog in the revision but I'll save that for another time.

The entire marketing of wii-u has been based around the controller, so if "traditional" genres prove to be better off without the controller I'll tut that horn. Just like with the wii I feel that the wii-u would have been better off with more competitive hardware. This is coming from a gamer standpoint so don't bother bringing up the casual crowd nintnedo managed to trick because I'll just point to the now nintendo trademarked game droughts and poor 3rd party support that wii suffered from. I'm fairly certain most of those droughts could have been avoided if wii could handle ports from 360/ps3. And I wouldn't be surprised if gamers are back to waiting 4-6 months for the latest ninteno release because 3rd parties can't downport their games to wii-u.

You can go right ahead talk about some 6 year old wii launch mishaps to paint yourself as anything but a rabid fanboy. I'm no going to stop you.

#542 Posted by King_Dodongo (3755 posts) -
Is this the lowest ZombiU review? After Skyward Sword, one does not simply take GS reviews seriously. Will play to judge it instead.
#543 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22928 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Hear we go again with your constant "still would hate it" BS. How about you prove it, nintendoboy. instead of posting a bunch of baseless claims.

MFDOOM1983

There are a few corrections to your assumptions i'd like to make. First off I'm critical of nintendo's last two consoles(wii and wii-u). I've had nothing but praise for 3ds after the price drop and subsequent great software releases.

strange how I've never heard any of this praise from you until now :|

#544 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33514 posts) -

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]Hear we go again with your constant "still would hate it" BS. How about you prove it, nintendoboy. instead of posting a bunch of baseless claims.

MFDOOM1983

There are a few corrections to your assumptions i'd like to make. First off I'm critical of nintendo's last two consoles(wii and wii-u). I've had nothing but praise for 3ds after the price drop and subsequent great software releases. Outside of the lack of dual analog in the revision but I'll save that for another time.

The entire marketing of wii-u has been based around the controller, so if "traditional" genres prove to be better off without the controller I'll tut that horn. Just like with the wii I feel that the wii-u would have been better off with more competitive hardware. This is coming from a gamer standpoint so don't bother bringing up the casual crowd nintnedo managed to trick because I'll just point to the now nintendo trademarked game droughts and poor 3rd party support that wii suffered from. I'm fairly certain most of those droughts could have been avoided if wii could handle ports from 360/ps3. And I wouldn't be surprised if gamers are back to waiting 4-6 months for the latest ninteno release because 3rd parties can't downport their games to wii-u.

You can go right ahead talk about some 6 year old wii launch mishaps to paint yourself as anything but a rabid fanboy. I'm no going to stop you.

Alright, well here are the mistakes from the Wii's life cycle I can acknowledge:

-Third party support could have been a lot better (though there is a bit yin-yang situation here), no doubt about that.

-Online management was terrible with the amount of friend codes (despite that, I found quite a few online games on the Wii to be quite fun)

-Nintendo was quite resistant to lower down the prices of their games (granted, there IS an understandable business practice here, but quite inconvenient for gamers with a strict budget, funny because Wii is the cheapest console) and whatever they DID peg down under Nintendo Selects ended up being a lacking selection (most recent addition: a GameCube port of Pikmin 2).

Most other things, I just manage through with it no problem.

#545 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"] Baseless? ANYTHING you have posted about Nintendo has been nothing BUT negative. You go out of your way to call the Wii U bad just because certain games have issues.

Shinobishyguy

There are a few corrections to your assumptions i'd like to make. First off I'm critical of nintendo's last two consoles(wii and wii-u). I've had nothing but praise for 3ds after the price drop and subsequent great software releases.

strange how I've never heard any of this praise from you until now :|

You can probably ask last rambo or charizard. I've been pretty consistent with my list of improvements nintendo needed to make with 3ds from the very beginning. 1. price 2.software 3. Improve battery life, ergonomics and add 2nd analog stick
#546 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

This was easier to find than I thought it would be.

#547 Posted by MFDOOM1983 (8465 posts) -

On a side-note all of my preoreders are ready to be picked up from BB.

#548 Posted by King_Dodongo (3755 posts) -

On a side-note all of my preoreders are ready to be picked up from BB.

MFDOOM1983
What did U preorder? :P
#549 Posted by nintendoboy16 (33514 posts) -

This was easier to find than I thought it would be.

MFDOOM1983

Alrighty, I'll except the fact that I as wrong and I apologize.

Avatar image for todd2r_Partdeux
#550 Posted by todd2r_Partdeux (762 posts) -
Not that reviews matter to me all that much, but the Zombi U review hurts. This was THE game I was looking forward to on my new WiiU. Now the "launch window" games don't look so hot. Mario is always good and Nintendoland will be good but after that I'm stumped. Wonderful 101 looks neat but is it worth the 350 price tag? Today is very stressful for me lol. I'm just going back and forth between selling it and keeping it. Decisions, decisions.