The Official Project Cafe Thread: CONFIRMED BY NINTENDO!!! (Specs Leaked?)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1701 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

71 votes for "The third party support will make or break this one". Who buys a Nintendo system for 3rd party? It's all about the Nintendo properties. I want more 1st party and could care less about 3rd party. 3rd party can be played on any system. I already own a PS3. Why would I waste my money on another platform for 3rd party?

jdc6305

Normally I have 2 systems in a generation (cause I rather eat less and never go out than not have 2 platforms in a generation) soooooo I don't see why I should care about 3rd party support either. Though I wouldn't mind if they did get some good support. They definitely earned it after so much time of being ridiculed.
I suppose most people on here aren't into gaming as much as I am.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1702 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

71 votes for "The third party support will make or break this one". Who buys a Nintendo system for 3rd party? It's all about the Nintendo properties. I want more 1st party and could care less about 3rd party. 3rd party can be played on any system. I already own a PS3. Why would I waste my money on another platform for 3rd party?

jdc6305
Well, if it has proper third party support in addition to all the first party exclusives, then it can be the go to console of next generation, like the PS2 was in its era.
Olimar_the_Min

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1703 Olimar_the_Min
Member since 2008 • 513 Posts
I LOVE SQUIRTLE
khoofia_pika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1705 khoofia_pika
Member since 2006 • 16761 Posts
I LOVE SQUIRTLEOlimar_the_Min
I LOVE CHARMANDER.
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1706 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

I can't wait for E3 :D

It's gonna be the most epic show ever or the most disappointing farce of epic proportions, There is no middle ground :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1707 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

It's gonna be the most epic show ever or the most disappointing farce of epic proportions, There is no middle ground :P

Jesus_on_fire
Isn't that how it always is for Nintendo's E3 showings? :P
Jesus_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1708 Jesus_on_fire
Member since 2008 • 2022 Posts

[QUOTE="Jesus_on_fire"]

charizard1605

Totally :P, But that list of games has made it seem like this could potentially be one of the biggest showings at E3 ever.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#1709 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts
specs seem decent, price is higher than I was expecting but doable, think the custom BR disc was expected as Nintendo uses proprietary formats to avoid paying royalties and to cut down on piracy, I could care less how it'll compare to the next MS and Sony consoles as I'll probably get the next Nintendo console along with the others anyways, and this should make for some impressive first party games, I hope this revives Japanese developers by giving them a console to make games on, they seemed less interested since the Wii didn't have favorable 3rd party support from consumers and the PS3 was too complicated and costly for smaller studios to make games for, maybe this will change some things... but I hope Nintendo commits to making games for it, I felt they ignored the Wii often to make DS games, and my worry with the Wii now is they'll ignore it more to make 3DS games, and now with this I feel like any more ambitious titles on the Wii are not going to come, but I still got a lot of play out of my Wii nonetheless... plus at least it's BC, only problem though is I'd like to transfer my digital rights from my Wii over, Nintendo doesn't really have any system in place that will allow for that, but I hope they take that into consideration and do something about that glad to see developers have developer kits too, a strong performance on multiplatform launch titles like GTA V and Battlefield 3 can really give it an edge if it can perform better than the Xbox 360 and PS3, I've never considered it as my default has been to get multiplatform titles on the Xbox 360 but if there's a big performance improvement I might actually get these games on the new Nintendo if it's going to be a big difference, though depending on what Sony and MS come up with later it'll be interesting to see how next gen multiplatform titles and performance compare to each other, I'm not going to try favoring systems at the expense of ignoring another completely, I'll probably get all of them as I can afford it, but I'll only favor one platform for multiplatforms and exclusives and still play the others for their exclusives, and if all I play on the next Nintendo console is exclusives I imagine they'll look pretty darn impressive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1710 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

[QUOTE="charizard1605"][QUOTE="Jesus_on_fire"]

Jesus_on_fire

Totally :P, But that list of games has made it seem like this could potentially be one of the biggest showings at E3 ever.

Looks like we might all be disappointed then! :o
Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#1711 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

LOL why is this thread so long???

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1712 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

charizard1605
Well, if it has proper third party support in addition to all the first party exclusives, then it can be the go to console of next generation, like the PS2 was in its era.

Pretty much basically. If this console gets just as much 3rd support as PS3 and 360, then I'd be more willing to get this console instead of waiting for Nintendo to put out so many great games then getting it later. Better have BC too.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#1713 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

LOL why is this thread so long???

Coolyfett

This used to be a sticky thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1716 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Wow, this thread won't ever die :|
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1717 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
Wow, this thread won't ever die :|charizard1605
It was dead.. but you brought it back :o :P anyhow I want to see it already :x
Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1718 Luxen90
[QUOTE="charizard1605"]Wow, this thread won't ever die :|lbjkurono23

No, someone else brought it back, posting a rumor that it will be called Nintendo Beem. Not sure why he/she deleted their post though.
BadNewsBen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#1719 BadNewsBen
Member since 2009 • 1493 Posts
This is something I look forward to. It pretty much guaranteed I'll end up buying this, so this is something I am really going to pay attention to at E3.
lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1721 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Wow, this thread won't ever die :|Luxen90

No, someone else brought it back, posting a rumor that it will be called Nintendo Beem. Not sure why he/she deleted their post though.

Oh, I see last post said June 1 and his post was June 5.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1722 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

[QUOTE="lbjkurono23"][QUOTE="charizard1605"]Wow, this thread won't ever die :|Luxen90

deleted it because I didn't want to cause any confusion. Looked pretty legit, many domains registered with the name nintendobeem apprantly by Nintendo which ended up being registered by some dude named Aaron Carr instead:

see here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=432562&page=7

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1723 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

[QUOTE="Luxen90"][QUOTE="lbjkurono23"] It was dead.. but you brought it back :o :P anyhow I want to see it already :xlaus_basic

deleted it because I didn't want to cause any confusion. Looked pretty legit, many domains registered with the name nintendobeem apprantly by Nintendo which ended up being registered by some dude named Aaron Carr instead:

sounds way better than Wii.

Although it does sound more like a laser gun than a game system.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1724 Luxen90

laus_basic
Yeah, you shouldn't have done that, because it does seem pretty legit. Good find tho.
Sphenodonta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1725 Sphenodonta
Member since 2008 • 2204 Posts

So...

How about that NWU system?