The Official Based System Wars Meta-Game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@juarbles said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@juarbles said:

Ok lets try it again. It's simple, basic logic. For example up there an xboner said "No one who follows this hobby closely actually believes we still exist in such a black and white world like generations of old... we should attempt to adjust our thinking a bit in this instance." That means there is a call to make the game more in tune with the actual world of gaming and not a simplistic black and white world. So what is closer to how a game is regarded overall in the actual world of gaming GS or Metacritic? I put an example, TLOU won like hundreds of GOTY and was regarded a masterpiece in general by the gaming community now according to this metagame the game is represented by a 8 while a game like Ni No Kuni which is still a good game but won few rewards has a 9. So the Metagame is very innacurate with regards to the actual real world of gaming and Metacritic is closer to reality, this is undeniable. And people here talk about score consistency well the fact that GS allows two reviews per game and they can defer greatly tells me of how inconsistent the system here is since a score is the opinion of ONE reviewer and not of the entire staff of GS and the opinion of two different reviewers can differ greatly even by the same "standards". So the most logical thing will be to use Metacritic not GS. Simple, logical, straightforward, things this game in its current version lacks.

The issue seems to lie in the fact that you are trying to equate the metagame to the real world, when that was the exact opposite of what the game was initially for... It was a microcosm of the gaming journalism at large, using GS' numbers.

But didn't you guys just use the excuse to add "platform exclusives" because it makes the game less closer with a "black and white world"? So in some cases making the game more realistic is cool but in other cases is not? Logic down the drain...

I'm not part of the supposed "you guys..." Overall though, your English is terribad, thus your point is kinda lost. Platform exclusives would just be exclusives... They are exclusive to the specific platform (i.e. PS4/X1/PC/etc).

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#204 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@juarbles said:

Again I prove that using logic with xboners is useless. I rest my case and confirm that this game is moot for any real gamer out there. Let xboners ravel with it though, it serves to ridicule them further.

Riiiight... Way to bow out of the race, sunshine. You seem to have misunderstood what a "platform exclusive" is.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#205 TheEroica
Member since 2009 • 22660 Posts

@juarbles: I am the one who stated that we should attempt to welcome change when it is needed and yes I do believe we should rightfully add platform exclusives into the meta game as they're very existence is in fact adding greater value to the platforms they release on.... Not just lemmings, but sheep and cows and hermits too..... This DOES NOT change the essence of the meta game in that the use of gamespot reviews is intended to give definitive scores to the games we hype on our home site... Using metacritic, ign, eurogamer or anywhere else doesn't make the game more legit... Especially since metacritic scores roll on for weeks and often include some very suspect review sources.

The bottom line is that you are wrong... You're attempting to equate the existence of platform exclusives, which legitimately benefit the worth of a platform to the entirety of the review system in the industry which is all opinions stacked upon opinions... MY proposal DOES make a more reflective metagame to the ebb and flow of the industry, you're suggesting we add more gray to the aspect that will always be gray....

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 TheEroica

@juarbles: Also, your massive unquenchable pain for the last of us flopping in the system wars metagame is scrambling your tiny brain.... I'd refer you to my comment to John Matheson on the last page... Apply it to yourself. Those who lack humility and a sense of lighthearted fun within our great hobby often ruin it for everyone else. So move along... I've spoken to several system wars members who just accept the flop and move on, from all factions.... Those that treat it like an 8.0 has given them cancer need to get laid....

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#208 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Remember not to reply to people whom you perceive to be trolling. A user with only a few hundreds posts clearly doesn't know what is really going on and should be treated as such. It doesn't matter what he or she might say, it doesn't make it true and does not have any effect on the truth of the matter which has been laid out here.

That's really all there is to it. The opinions of people who aren't familiar with the cultural traditions in SW are not important nor are they meaningful. Do not respect these opinions.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 TheEroica

@juarbles: boy, that steel toed Kodiak workbook of logic I just applied to your face could only produce THAT comeback? I effed you up worse than I thought... Fanboys are way too easy.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#211 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

Good to see that the promissed sheet updates we´ve been hearing about for a few weeks are still yet to be seen,shows lots of potential for this project...

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@juarbles said:

@musicalmac said:

Remember not to reply to people whom you perceive to be trolling. A user with only a few hundreds posts clearly doesn't know what is really going on and should be treated as such. It doesn't matter what he or she might say, it doesn't make it true and does not have any effect on the truth of the matter which has been laid out here.

That's really all there is to it. The opinions of people who aren't familiar with the cultural traditions in SW are not important nor are they meaningful. Do not respect these opinions.

Real gamers are always meaningful.

lol "real gamers"

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 TheEroica

Love this thread... keep chatting it up. The Metagame CAN be saved... ya gotz ta belieeeeeve!!!!!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#214 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Told y'all it's dead.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points