deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I want to take a moment to talk about this controller here- this is the Nintendo Switch Pro. And it is fucking amazing.

Look, I was never one of the guys who sang the praise of either the Wii Classic Controller/Pro or the Wii U Pro- like, they were alright, but that's all those ever were. The Switch Pro Controller, on the other hand, is fucking fantastic. From its shape, ergonomics, button layout, to the actual quality of buttons, to even the feature set within it, this may be one of the best controllers I have ever used. I have never been able to adjust to a controller as quickly and subconsciously as I have the Switch Pro- it's actually a bit unnerving to see how quickly it became muscle memory for me.

Throw in USB-C compatibility (thank **** someone had the foresight to do this), HD Rumble (which I love), a great D-pad, and 40 hours of battery life on one charge, and I have no complaints with this thing. This is one of my favorite controllers of all time, and really, probably far better than either of the other standard controllers this generation.

What are your thoughts on the Switch Pro?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

For the price of it I would expect it give me sexual favours every morning then make me breakfast afterwards.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

Does it work for all Nintendo Switch games? I want to be able to use this docked and when I'm in bed, just undock the Switch...

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

I haven't used it, but that battery life is amazing. I think I get around 30 hours with my Xbox One controller with an official battery pack from Microsoft. The only thing I can think of that might be a turn-off for this controller is the price. It's quite steep for just a controller that you have to buy, and don't even get with the console.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@kinky-unikorn said:

Does it work for all Nintendo Switch games? I want to be able to use this docked and when I'm in bed, just undock the Switch...

It's worked for all the games I have tried it for so far. I think some games, such as 1, 2, Switch, which utilize the Joycons specifically, it may not work for- but any 'traditional' controlling game, it should work for without issue.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Topic title confused me at first. Thought this was going to talk about an upgraded Switch console...

And yes the Switch pro controller is really good.

Dark_sageX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 236

#7 Dark_sageX
Member since 2003 • 3561 Posts

No, $70 for a controller is just BAD, for that price the controller has to do WAAAAY more than it currently can.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

It's alright, but the D-Pad is a bit wonky and the ABXY buttons feel cheap. Good battery life though.

7/10.

jv303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 jv303
Member since 2014 • 545 Posts

I haven't used it yet, but just judging by the visuals... it's an Xbox controller with convex analog sticks instead of concave.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Yup. This immediately became my favorite controller beating out the ps4. I love how the ps4 controller feels but that battery life! Switch pro is just as comfy, better d pad, and about 10 times the battery life. Plus the gyro capabilities are surprisingly awesome as well as the hd rumble.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

It's a nice step up from the Xb1/DS4. Have no experience with the Elite but from the video's I've seen I bet it can stand toe to toe with that.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46199 Posts

Yeah man it sounds like an Xbox controller with a decent d-pad, what's not to love ?

The major downside however is that its sold seperate, and I have all these Wii U pro controllers laying around that won't work on Switch :(

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KungfuKitten

@R4gn4r0k said:

Yeah man it sounds like an Xbox controller with a decent d-pad, what's not to love ?

The major downside however is that its sold seperate, and I have all these Wii U pro controllers laying around that won't work on Switch :(

Don't know about your country but where I live you can still get a decent penny for selling them second hand (like $30+ without box). Take a look!

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

It feels like x-box 360 controller to me (That is a good thing as the 360 still is my go to PC controller).

It might edge it out just cause the 40+ hour charge. Now that is what i'm talking about.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

It's quite good, not as good as x1 elite but still I'd rank it as #2 out of the ones I own and ye it's a step up from wii u pro

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

It's too expensive. The D-Pad on it isn't very good either (very reminiscent of the early 360 d-pad). It should be $50. It's a little ugly too, wouldn't mind different color designs.

Having said that, I need another. Using each individual joycon stick as a controller isn't very comfortable for additional players.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec
Member since 2016 • 6762 Posts

@KHAndAnime: Really? I find it's nothing like the 360 D-Pad. :P

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

It really is the controller to get for that system.

Not that the Joycons are bad, it's just the Pro is just a Pretty awesome Controller.

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

And i thought other companies were copying Nintendo only ! :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

My main gripes are the placement of the central option buttons. There's a bit of a reach to them. They don't fall as well as the Xbox One controller.

While I only recently discovered the magic of HD Rumble, the rumble doesn't feel as strong as in the joycon. Still great though. :)

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@jumpaction said:

@KHAndAnime: Really? I find it's nothing like the 360 D-Pad. :P

They've re-designed the 360 D-Pad over the years, and I'm referring to the original design. It suffers all the same issues. It's very stiff and too easily registers diagonals making it very poor for fighting games and pretty much anything you'd want to use a d-pad for.

It's actually a shame there isn't a good d-pad for the Switch yet.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#22 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3727 Posts

It's a copy of the Xbox controller. I'm not surprised it's awesome, as the Xbox controller is the best in the market.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@scatteh316: what's the price?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5c1d0901c2aec

@KHAndAnime: I haven't experienced issues playing King of Fighter '98 at all. It works completely fine for me.

It is a little stiff but it's also spacious and fat which means I rarely reach a directional unless I intend to.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

It works natively on PC which is a nice bonus.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By KungfuKitten

@trugs26 said:

It works natively on PC which is a nice bonus.

Yeah I think it will become the go-to PC game controller. I hope all games will put in Switch Pro button prompts. But Nintendo would have to support it, too. Because it can be a little tough/impossible last time I checked to make the controller work in all games (has different ranges and buttons than xinput controllers).

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27 Kjtc1979
Member since 2017 • 365 Posts

Just bought my second one with Mario Kart 8. Unless I'm playing in handheld mode, which is rare, all that I use is the pro controller.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

It has a killer D-pad and a lil thank you message to all gamers.... what's not to like?

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

My thoughts are the exact same as yours, Char. No adjustments needed, it was just naturally perfect as soon as I picked it up. I just got MK and I'm giggling everytime I think about the rumble while playing. Everything you do rumbles differently, its funny. And the battery lenght is awesome. I literally have zero complaints with the thing.

Edit: I do have one complaint, come to think of it - The price. Very expensive controller. But then again, it is quite worth it.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Didn't know it also has HD rumble. Cool but I don't need it.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Dark_sageX said:

No, $70 for a controller is just BAD, for that price the controller has to do WAAAAY more than it currently can.

False, the controller has 10 hours more battery life than the xbox one controller and almost 7x the battery life of a DS4. It includes NFC technology and has the best D-pad of all the current gen controllers.

People act like it's $20-$30 more. It's $10 dollars more for a substantially better controller.

The DS4 is still ass in my opinion. Just because the DS3 was complete trash doesn't mean the DS4 is the best controller now because it's passable.

The Xbox One controller is a great controller too, but it doesn't pack the rumble and NFC features in the Switch Pro.

The BIGGEST problem is the lack of headphone jack.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#32 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Haven't tried it....looks decent....familiar too...40 hour battery charge sounds great, but over time I'd be curious if it would hold a 40 hour charge with a rumble-heavy game. I doubt that would be the case, and with rechargeables you lose up to half of max charge over time, but still even the worst case scenario of a 20 hour charge is pretty good.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#33  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I'm super happy with it. I'm so glad they returned to the asymmetrical analogue placement. That layout just makes way more sense than the alternative.

It's got incredible battery life, is as ergonomic as I've ever felt from a controller, has superb analogue sticks, and has the best rumble feedback in the industry. Very nice.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

I want to take a moment to talk about this controller here- this is the Nintendo Switch Pro. And it is fucking amazing.

Look, I was never one of the guys who sang the praise of either the Wii Classic Controller/Pro or the Wii U Pro- like, they were alright, but that's all those ever were. The Switch Pro Controller, on the other hand, is fucking fantastic. From its shape, ergonomics, button layout, to the actual quality of buttons, to even the feature set within it, this may be one of the best controllers I have ever used. I have never been able to adjust to a controller as quickly and subconsciously as I have the Switch Pro- it's actually a bit unnerving to see how quickly it became muscle memory for me.

Throw in USB-C compatibility (thank **** someone had the foresight to do this), HD Rumble (which I love), a great D-pad, and 40 hours of battery life on one charge, and I have no complaints with this thing. This is one of my favorite controllers of all time, and really, probably far better than either of the other standard controllers this generation.

Hmm, the Switch "Xbox" controller.

It´s ok, but i'm more of a mouse and keyboard gamer, so the times i do use a controller i tend to stick with the ps4 controller.

Micropixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35  Edited By Micropixel
Member since 2005 • 1383 Posts

It's great! The Game Cube's controller with it's off-setting analog sticks was my favorite Nintendo controller of all time, but this one is right up there with it. It draws a lot of comparison to the Xbox controller, which is also one of my favorites, but the Switch Pro Controller has 40 hours of battery life (very nice), HD Rumble and USB-C compatibility which, in my opinion, edges it out.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

False, the controller has 10 hours more battery life than the xbox one controller and almost 7x the battery life of a DS4. It includes NFC technology and has the best D-pad of all the current gen controllers.

People act like it's $20-$30 more. It's $10 dollars more for a substantially better controller.

The DS4 is still ass in my opinion. Just because the DS3 was complete trash doesn't mean the DS4 is the best controller now because it's passable.

The Xbox One controller is a great controller too, but it doesn't pack the rumble and NFC features in the Switch Pro.

For a system with the smallest selection of games, the justification for the controller especially at the price point is very weak. NFC is a useless feature for the vast majority of games so its inclusion is not a selling point. Rumble is a standard feature in all modern controllers that also is not a selling. At the moment the shit is overpriced and to make it worse its not included with the system. This jacks the price up of Switch ownership by an additional $70 taking the system to $370. So, as great as the battery life is the cost for entrance is not palatable.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23894 Posts

Well, it is definately an improvement over the Joy Cons.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I've been playing Xbox too long I absolutely can't stand the backwards A,B Abd X,Y placement

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44102 Posts

Well I like it already because the layout is much like the Xbox One controller. Need to get a hands on feel for it though. Hopefully it has a similarly solid weighty feel to it as well. I do plan on picking one up when I get a Switch.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Kjtc1979

@xxyetixx said:

I've been playing Xbox too long I absolutely can't stand the backwards A,B Abd X,Y placement

Imagine how longtime Nintendo players would struggle if they switched to the Xbox layout. That's where the ABXY have been since the Super Nintendo!

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

@FastRobby: not really it's only $5 more than xbox/ps controller $10 I suppose if the retailer or online website taxes you. I suppose of you save money by buying the 59.99 controllers or the bland black ones that are 50 for some reason

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

@Pedro: Maybe get your head out of your ass. Pro controller has HD rumble, NFC is used for any amiibo game (Zelda and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe use it) and the Switch is the only system with multiplayer built right in. You want the pro controller buy the pro, but you don't NEED to buy it.

You want quality, pay for quality. Stop being a fanboy the controller is worth the price of admission.

Kjtc1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kjtc1979

@Pedro said:
@sHaDyCuBe321 said:
@Dark_sageX said:

For a system with the smallest selection of games, the justification for the controller especially at the price point is very weak. NFC is a useless feature for the vast majority of games so its inclusion is not a selling point. Rumble is a standard feature in all modern controllers that also is not a selling. At the moment the shit is overpriced and to make it worse its not included with the system. This jacks the price up of Switch ownership by an additional $70 taking the system to $370. So, as great as the battery life is the cost for entrance is not palatable.

Just for fun, because your relentless negativity didn't slow down enough to get the facts right:

- NFC is used for Amiibo functionality, which is included in the vast majority of first party games, so "useless feature for the vast majority of games" is wrong

- The Pro Controller includes Nintendo's proprietary HD Rumble, so "Rumble is a standard feature in all modern controllers" is wrong

- Purchase of the Pro Controller is entirely optional. Your bitching about it not being bundled with the system is remarkable, given Switch is the ONLY console that can do two player out of the box because of the two joy controllers

As for the cost of entry not being palatable, I don't think there is a price that would satisfy you because you don't like the system in the first place. If the system was overpriced for the market, it would be struggling in sales, not still selling out two months after launch. (See Also: PS3, 3DS, XB1.) Even the Pro Controller was sold out for the first couple of weeks, and it's just a controller.

Your dream for the Switch to fail so Nintendo will cater to your whims has already collapsed. Wallowing in negativity and looking for the cloud in every silver lining will not change that. It just makes you look bitter and small.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@kjtc1979: I agree, and never had issue with Nintendo's placement before. I just play way more Xbox than anything on Wii,WiiU or even my Switch so far.

Believe me I've tried changing the buttons for Mario Kart 8 deluxe

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46  Edited By deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Celsius765 said:

@FastRobby: not really it's only $5 more than xbox/ps controller $10 I suppose if the retailer or online website taxes you. I suppose of you save money by buying the 59.99 controllers or the bland black ones that are 50 for some reason

In Europe there's a difference of 20$ between them. Cheapest Switch Pro I can find is 69 euro, while cheapest Xbox controller is 49 euro. Knowing that they don't give this controller with the console, that's a very steep price

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Pedro

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@Pedro: Maybe get your head out of your ass. Pro controller has HD rumble, NFC is used for any amiibo game (Zelda and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe use it) and the Switch is the only system with multiplayer built right in. You want the pro controller buy the pro, but you don't NEED to buy it.

You want quality, pay for quality. Stop being a fanboy the controller is worth the price of admission.

HD rumble. Man don't make me laugh with that nonsense. Toughting the use of NFC over the competitors controller a nonsensical argument. NFC for Amibo is not a selling point when your base controller support and its one of those gimmicky elements that no reasonable person should be toughting as something worth mentioning especially when it would be the least utilized feature in the controller. Thus making it useless for most gamers. Then in a desperate move you jump to the Switch having "multiplayer built" in..... WTF does that have to do with the Pro controller?

@kjtc1979 said:
@Pedro said:

Just for fun, because your relentless negativity didn't slow down enough to get the facts right:

- NFC is used for Amiibo functionality, which is included in the vast majority of first party games, so "useless feature for the vast majority of games" is wrong

- The Pro Controller includes Nintendo's proprietary HD Rumble, so "Rumble is a standard feature in all modern controllers" is wrong

- Purchase of the Pro Controller is entirely optional. Your bitching about it not being bundled with the system is remarkable, given Switch is the ONLY console that can do two player out of the box because of the two joy controllers

As for the cost of entry not being palatable, I don't think there is a price that would satisfy you because you don't like the system in the first place. If the system was overpriced for the market, it would be struggling in sales, not still selling out two months after launch. (See Also: PS3, 3DS, XB1.) Even the Pro Controller was sold out for the first couple of weeks, and it's just a controller.

Your dream for the Switch to fail so Nintendo will cater to your whims has already collapsed. Wallowing in negativity and looking for the cloud in every silver lining will not change that. It just makes you look bitter and small.

Refer to the above for all of the nonsense you are spewing as benefits... HD rumble. You guys are way outside the realm of reality.

Who argued that the Pro Controller was not optional? We are talking about the price of the freaking controller and my argument that its not worth the price. It being optional doesn't change anything. Then you like your fellow drone jumped into Switch features which has NOTHING to do with the Pro controller. Its like thinking is a secondary function when your argument is falling apart.

Who in this thread is talking about the failure of the Switch? I see no one but yourself. Its always a great idea to stay on topic otherwise you just read like a lunatic. Learn to play the game son. :)

Avatar image for 666BumbleBee666
666BumbleBee666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 666BumbleBee666
Member since 2012 • 140 Posts

@charizard1605:
I hope Nintendo gets sued. It is the exact controller design of the Xbox One practically.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Agreed.

I think that it is the best all-around controller of all time. It has the same great, highly functional and instantly comfortable design of the Xbox controller, but with a better d-pad and even better battery life. And there is nothing on this controller that feels cheap at all; everything from the buttons to the HD Rumble all feel great.

The controller is a little bit more expensive than other controllers, but you get with you pay for when it comes to quality and this is an exceptionally high quality controller that is worth the price that they are charging for it.

My only complaint about it is that due to it feeling so much like a Xbox controller, I sometimes get confused and hit the wrong button since the A/B and X/Y buttons are in the opposite position than where they are on the Xbox controller.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@666BumbleBee666 said:

@charizard1605:

I hope Nintendo gets sued. It is the exact controller design of the Xbox One practically.

Why would Nintendo get sued? That makes no sense whatsoever.