Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

From Eurogamer

The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection PC port isn't going down well • Eurogamer.net

'The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is out now - and its PC port has been found wanting.

The PC version of this action game collection is bare bones, with severely limited customisation and graphics options.

It does not support mouse and keyboard, forcing PC users to play with a controller. A controller is perhaps preferable for Ninja Gaiden, but to not provide the option of mouse and keyboard is shocking.

To play in fullscreen mode you have to launch the game and then click the maximise icon in the upper-right of the title bar. The game starts in windowed mode every time.

But perhaps the most remarkable aspect of this PC port is how you change the resolution. When the game starts, it determines the resolution that's most appropriate for your setup: either 1920x1080 (1080p) or 3840x2160 (4k). 1440p resolution is not supported, and the game appears to be locked at 60 frames per second.

In most games, you're able to change the resolution via in-game settings. Not so in The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection. To set a specific resolution, you have to open the game's properties from your Steam library, and manually enter the resolution you want ("720p", "1080p" or "4k") in the text field of Launch Options.

There are no other performance settings. "By setting the game to a low resolution, you can reduce the processing load," is Koei Tecmo's note to players.

Early anecdotal reports from players suggest the £30 Ninja Gaiden Master Collection does run well on PC, but the lack of any basic PC-specific features is a bad look for Koei Tecmo.

As you'd expect, the negative reviews are hitting Steam. "At least Ninja Gaiden is FINALLY on PC but I almost wish it didn't happen if it means it'll be like this," wrote user Luke.

"I hope that Tecmo will address some of these egregious issues but I don't have my hopes up.'

Not sure why anyone would want to play NG with a Keyboard and mouse in the first place!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

😄 "Master Race"

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Maroxad  Online
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Yikes, that is almost as bad as the FF11 PC port.

It seems the Switch version is having issues too. I hope at the very least the PS5 version is good to make up for the other 2 blunders.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

That'll be £33 please.

Seriously, I know people love this series but having seen KOEI TECMO business practice, think rather stick my willy in a cheese grater than support them.

The one game bought off them was Nioh and that port wasn't too hot either.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

Hilarious when they complain about missing m&kb support for games that are designed to be played with pad. What's next? RTS ala SuSt with pad support? Clueless PC dolts.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@palasta said:

Hilarious when they complain about missing m&kb support for games that are designed to be played with pad. What's next? RTS ala SuSt with pad support? Clueless PC dolts.

Agree there, kinda pointless. But at the same time, it is overall, a shitty ass port.

I mean...

To play in fullscreen mode you have to launch the game and then click the maximise icon in the upper-right of the title bar. The game starts in windowed mode every time.

£34 for this shit, with multiple higher priced editions.

Two words come to mind. The first 4 letters, the latter 3.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Very surprising. And as someone who prefers controller, a PC game/port should always allow you to play with mouse and keyboard with customization. It's only the most basic of things.

Avatar image for deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#8 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b
Member since 2018 • 501 Posts

Ouch, glad I'm getting it on Xbox.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

Hmm, as if them including the lesser (Sigma) versions of NG1 and 2 was not pathetic enough, they decided to do a hack job of a PC port... 🤦🏻‍♂️

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Cash grab port 🤷‍♀️

Doesn't change the fact that PC still beats consoles ass in everything 😉

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

Was interested in getting it but then again i need a new controller as my DS 3 given to freind and DS 4 broken.Skipping it for now.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Master race getting shafted as usual.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46201 Posts

So the game only has borderless fullscreen? No exclusive fullscreen option?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56040 Posts

@gym_lion said:

From Eurogamer

The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection PC port isn't going down well • Eurogamer.net

'The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection is out now - and its PC port has been found wanting.

The PC version of this action game collection is bare bones, with severely limited customisation and graphics options.

It does not support mouse and keyboard, forcing PC users to play with a controller. A controller is perhaps preferable for Ninja Gaiden, but to not provide the option of mouse and keyboard is shocking.

But perhaps the most remarkable aspect of this PC port is how you change the resolution. When the game starts, it determines the resolution that's most appropriate for your setup: either 1920x1080 (1080p) or 3840x2160 (4k). 1440p resolution is not supported, and the game appears to be locked at 60 frames per second.

In most games, you're able to change the resolution via in-game settings. Not so in The Ninja Gaiden Master Collection. To set a specific resolution, you have to open the game's properties from your Steam library, and manually enter the resolution you want ("720p", "1080p" or "4k") in the text field of Launch Options.

There are no other performance settings. "By setting the game to a low resolution, you can reduce the processing load," is Koei Tecmo's note to players.

Early anecdotal reports from players suggest the £30 Ninja Gaiden Master Collection does run well on PC, but the lack of any basic PC-specific features is a bad look for Koei Tecmo.

As you'd expect, the negative reviews are hitting Steam. "At least Ninja Gaiden is FINALLY on PC but I almost wish it didn't happen if it means it'll be like this," wrote user Luke.

"I hope that Tecmo will address some of these egregious issues but I don't have my hopes up.'

Not sure why anyone would want to play NG with a Keyboard and mouse in the first place!

I hate using KB/M while playing anything 3rd-person and for a game like Ninja Gaiden, I always use my Elite Controller so this isn't a deal breaker for me, and so with that, I'm still buying it on PC. Plus this isn't really new for PC gamers as there have been several PC games that don't have KB/M options, so this isn't shocking that Ninja Gaiden doesn't have KB/M support. Despite other issues, I'll still play it on PC vs console.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

If you want to play this collection with a k/m you shouldn't be playing this collection in the first place.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

How would you even play NG with a keyboard and mouse?

To be honest though, I was excited, but the more I learn about the sigma series, the more I realise I'm better off with the original NG Black and NG2. I also have zero interest in NG3.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 HalcyonScarlet
@davillain- said:
@gym_lion said:

From Eurogamer

I hate using KB/M while playing anything 3rd-person and for a game like Ninja Gaiden, I always use my Elite Controller so this isn't a deal breaker for me, and so with that, I'm still buying it on PC. Plus this isn't really new for PC gamers as there have been several PC games that don't have KB/M options, so this isn't shocking that Ninja Gaiden doesn't have KB/M support. Despite other issues, I'll still play it on PC vs console.

The only time I thought Keyboard and Mouse was better for a 3rd person action game was Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18  Edited By pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 359 Posts

I'm not sure what I expected from a Koei Tecmo port, but they always seem to find some way to surprise. Frigging ridiculous. They all at least seem to run at a flawless 60fps from my playtime last night. They also weren't scaled properly for me, so I had to fix that too.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#19 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

Sounds like something you shouldn't buy but people will.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

@Pedro said:

Sounds like something you shouldn't buy but people will.

Sadly I bought it for PS4 and Xbox One. I want a new game so much so wanted to support the good versions.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k

NG2 is the lame censored version with purple mist instead of blood.

Pffffffffft hahahahaha

they must've mispressed somewhere and released the wrong version, right?

bwahahahaha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

@R4gn4r0k said:

Pffffffffft hahahahaha

bwahahahaha

They lost the source code for Black and the original 2. They have however added back in gore so there is blood in the game like the original since they're not trying to compensate for the PS3 and its CELL processor.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@iamdavey said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Pffffffffft hahahahaha

bwahahahaha

They lost the source code for Black and the original 2. They have however added back in gore so there is blood in the game like the original since they're not trying to compensate for the PS3 and its CELL processor.

Bwahahaha

Honestly this could be playable for me at least if it has exclusive full screen support. So you're telling me there is indeed blood in NG2's version in this collection?

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Ughh, I want those games but these ports are a freaking disgrace. How can devs release such crappy PC ports in 2021?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6860 Posts

Lol who TF wants to play this game on a mouse and Keyboard.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60cb3701bc83b

@R4gn4r0k said:
@iamdavey said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Pffffffffft hahahahaha

bwahahahaha

Bwahahaha

Honestly this could be playable for me at least if it has exclusive full screen support. So you're telling me there is indeed blood in NG2's version in this collection?

From what I've read online, blood has been added into this re-release yeah.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#27 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

I understand the complaints, but these are total non issues to me.

"It does not support mouse and keyboard, forcing PC users to play with a controller."
Does anyone care?

"Limited graphics options"
Does it look as good / better than the original? Then it's fine.

"To play in full screen you have to click maximize button"
Or just press Alt+Enter. Not much of a problem.

"it determines the resolution that's most appropriate for your setup: either 1920x1080 (1080p) or 3840x2160 (4k). 1440p resolution is not supported"
Wouldn't even notice, I play all my games in 1080p.

"and the game appears to be locked at 60 frames per second"
60 is plenty.

I agree that a port selling for as much as this shouldn't have these problems, though. I'll probably get the collection when it's cheap as dirt on some cdkey website.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

That whole collection is really unappealing, and it's no surprise it's a mess.

Too bad they were unable to salvage whatever is left of Ninja Gaiden Black.

Sadly the best way to play it is still BC on Xbox, where it runs fantastic in glorious native 4K/60. Still looks and plays great.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@palasta said:

Agree there, kinda pointless. But at the same time, it is overall, a shitty ass port.

I mean...

£34 for this shit, with multiple higher priced editions.

Two words come to mind. The first 4 letters, the latter 3.

Definitely, no objection there and indeed "shocking". I bought RE3R for PC. Visually no problems, but pad controls...

Annoying to no end. Bugs, bad ports and whatever... it feels like it has become the rule, not the exception.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31  Edited By pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

@palasta said:

Annoying to no end. Bugs, bad ports and whatever... it feels like it has become the rule, not the exception.

Well the rule for most of these large companies is basically spend as little as possible to squirt out a MVP (minimum viable product) and cash in. So it checks out.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm not surprised to hear that spoiled and entitled people are throwing toddler tantrums on the internet.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@Litchie: Because everything is about you.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

A bitter cow angry about PS games going to PC is here talking about toddler tantrums. Pot, meet kettle.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@fedor: I support Playstation to be sure, but I also acknowledge their failures. In fact, I defend platforms when other Playstation enthusiasts attack. So don't give me that BS.

ZmanBarzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZmanBarzel
Member since 2014 • 3138 Posts

Sounds like buyers of this port got Tehkan for a ride.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 939 Posts

"It does not support mouse and keyboard, forcing PC users to play with a controller."

I seriously cant even comprehend how someone would ever want to play an Hack'n'Slash with anything other than a controller

so... is this really something to be complaining about?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Keyboard is not my preferred way to play these games, but still funny seeing people act like it's some bad way to play, or as if it's a pointless option.

Loading Video...

^

DMC4 is far more execution heavy than NG, and guarantee that dude is way better than anyone on this forum using a controller lol.

-

On topic, yeah not surprised or even bummed. Being the Sigma versions already had me apathetic. And yeah, one of my buds kept me updated on his review playthrough, not all that great regardless of PC specific issues.

Now just feel even more justified in buying a XBX for NGB/NG2 last year.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#39 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: The keyboard is for typing. 😎

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k

@ConanTheStoner said:

Keyboard is not my preferred way to play these games, but still funny seeing people act like it's some bad way to play, or as if it's a pointless option.

If anything it's an indication to how shitty a port is.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#41  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Litchie: Because everything is about you.

I said these are non issues to me, but understand that others complain. What was the point with your comment?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Loading Video...

^

DMC4 is far more execution heavy than NG, and guarantee that dude is way better than anyone on this forum using a controller lol.

-

On topic, yeah not surprised or even bummed. Being the Sigma versions already had me apathetic. And yeah, one of my buds kept me updated on his review playthrough, not all that great regardless of PC specific issues.

Now just feel even more justified in buying a XBX for NGB/NG2 last year.

Thank you! Don't know why people think you can't play Hack n Salsh with KB/M. I have played all DMC's 3 onwards on KB/M. Dark Souls 2 onwards on KB/M. Sekiro with KB/M.

Any game with camera controls, plays better with a mouse.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:
@davillain- said:
@gym_lion said:

From Eurogamer

The only time I thought Keyboard and Mouse was better for a 3rd person action game was Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

Literally any game where you need to aim is better with a keyboard and mouse; however, Ninja Gaiden games aren't in 3rd person, are they? I thought they were all fixed camera angle games like the old God of War games.

EDIT: Okay, I just looked them up, they aren't fixed angle, but you definitely don't need to aim in them.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#44 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Could've sworn I read that the port was pretty lazy on all platforms in general & not just PC, around the interwebs. 🤔

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8191 Posts

this isnt a big deal at all

Angryduck67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Angryduck67
Member since 2004 • 272 Posts

I’m only here to point out that PC goons are always saying stuff like this never happens anymore, and if it does, mods come along within hours to fix everything and make it alright again. So get to work, PC peasants!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@Angryduck67 said:

I’m only here to point out that PC goons are always saying stuff like this never happens anymore, and if it does, mods come along within hours to fix everything and make it alright again. So get to work, PC peasants!

Nice posting history. A bit sporadic...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

Garbage job. That PC port is beyond shite. I was interested in picking this up, but won't bother now.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@pc_rocks: 🤣 You're always fun to laugh at.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By HalcyonScarlet

@lundy86_4 said:

Garbage job. That PC port is beyond shite. I was interested in picking this up, but won't bother now.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend it. I got it on Xbox just to see what the Sigma games are like, and they're no where near as good as the originals. I'd recommend people get the Xbox version of NGB and NG2. The changes they made suck. I can't believe this is what Playstation gamers have been playing.