The next time a PC elitist says paying for PSN or LIVE sucks...

• 165 results
#1 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

Show them this:

https://youtu.be/8olc9YxTNWc

Mods and hacks have ruined Monster Hunter World on PC and it was there from day 1.

PC gaming is fun, but online is a joke.

#2 Posted by commander (15378 posts) -

not for this game only though , but if you want to play mouse and keyboard you have no choice (apart from some playstation titles)

#3 Posted by Dr_Vancouver (1029 posts) -

Well, nothing we can do about it now, I pay for two PSN+ and two XBL gold subscriptions. Soon to be two Nintendo whatevertheycallits for Switch as well- one for me one for the wife. At least Nintendo is doing some kind of "family plan" of sorts.

#4 Posted by Dark_sageX (3420 posts) -

I don't know whats more pathetic.

That you went through the trouble of going into the out rim of the internet to find such a rubbish video that didn't disprove or prove anything,

or that you are so cowardly that you made a kill account, dude you know you are wrong, because if you were confident you were correct you wouldn't make a pathetic troll thread.

1 or 100 instances of players using mods to cheat doesn't change the fact that these things happen very rarely, in fact i bet nobody here has ever encountered hackers online, so no, its still pathetic that you have to pay for online when on PC and mobile its entirely for free.

#5 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25366 posts) -

Who cares if it isn't PVP? This really doesn't hurt my experience if they aren't killing me...

Also, encountering hackers is extremely rare on most games. I'd rather take the free online with a tiny chance of coming across a hacker.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#6 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (4740 posts) -

Paying for PSN and Live sucks.

#7 Posted by Ant_17 (12535 posts) -

Uh dude, none of us like to pay for PSN or Gold.

#8 Edited by br0kenrabbit (16068 posts) -

That's the magic of dedicated servers: you set the rules, you decide who stays and goes. The servers I visit are tight-knit communities, none of that matchfinding BS. If you're busted cheating (haven't seen it in years) then you simply aren't coming back to that server as you'll be banned outright.

#9 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@Dark_sageX: I don’t know what’s more pathetic: you thinking that you’re so insightful or how off base your assumptions are.

I didn’t go to the outer rim of the Internet. I’m a MHW fan and have since subbed to a couple of channels dedicated to it, so the video posted was on my feed or home for youtube or whatever it is in the Recommended.

And to say that more than likely no one here has encountered a hacker is asinine. I’ve been a PC gamer since 2000 and have come across hackers in just about every game that had an online mode.

It’s just a part of PC gaming.

Own it. Don’t lie about it.

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (53359 posts) -

That's a shite rebuttal. Go to something PvP, which would hold more weight. Mods and exploits have existed for years on PC, but not solely PC.

#11 Edited by KBFloYd (21845 posts) -

MH is not an online game. its mostly singleplayer.

if you go online its for 2 reasons.

1- take down a monster with some friends

2- farm monster parts with strangers.

this hack actually speeds up killing the monsters. great. playing MH online is not a competition. you do not get anything extra for being the person that dealt the damage.

this hack will literally piss off no one.

#12 Posted by vvulturas (1249 posts) -

I don't pay for my online services on PC, and things like these are few and far in between. This is a bad thread, and you should feel bad.

#13 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@KBFloYd: @lundy86_4: 2 people who have literally no idea what Monster Hunter is.

#14 Posted by darkzoomer (105 posts) -

At least I'm not paying for it to be a joke

#15 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@darkzoomer: have it on both Xbox and PS4. Not sure what you’re talking about or trying to imply. Works great on both.

Perhaps you’re just talking out your ass.

#16 Posted by pyro1245 (5051 posts) -

Well don't cheat or use mods if you don't want to, right?

You'd think that's just common sense but we still get threads like this. Poor quality.

#17 Edited by Zaryia (8945 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

Show them this:

Mods and hacks have ruined Monster Hunter World on PC and it was there from day 1.

1. Nice alt account.

2. This is extremely rare. A majority of this game is hack free for a significant majority of people.

3. PC Online is considerably better than Console online. It has dozens of more AAA/AA online titles, dozens of more competitive games, dozens of more popular and populated games, and has more players than PSN or XBL. In fact, 1 game alone has more players than all of PSN or XBL. This also transfers to e-sports, which is 99% PC. Almost every multiplat online game runs much better on PC, 20-30 fps is not acceptable for online.

If Online was TWINS, PC would be Arnold and Console would be Danny Devito.

#18 Posted by mrbojangles25 (44044 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:

Show them this:

1. Nice alt account.

2. This is extremely rare. A majority of this game is hack free for a significant majority of people.

3. PC Online is considerably better than Console online. It has dozens of more AAA/AA online titles, dozens of more competitive games, dozens of more popular and populated games, and has more players than PSN or XBL. In fact, 1 game alone has more players than all of PSN or XBL. This also transfers to e-sports, which is 99% PC. Almost every multiplat online game runs much better on PC, 20-30 fps is not acceptable for online.

If Online was TWINS, PC would be Arnold and Console would be Danny Devito.

HAHAHA owned.

#19 Edited by KBFloYd (21845 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

MH is not an online game. its mostly singleplayer.

if you go online its for 2 reasons.

1- take down a monster with some friends

2- farm monster parts with strangers.

this hack actually speeds up killing the monsters. great. playing MH online is not a competition. you do not get anything extra for being the person that dealt the damage.

this hack will literally piss off no one.

@that_old_guy said:

@KBFloYd: @lundy86_4: 2 people who have literally no idea what Monster Hunter is.

youre kidding right? that's exactly what the online is.

or what is it to you? do tell.

#20 Posted by Howmakewood (5925 posts) -

Both suck

#21 Posted by asylumni (3302 posts) -

I don't get it. It does suck. It sucked when I payed for Xbox Live and it sucks now that I pay for PSN. A negative thing on another platform doesn't change that, but it is what it is.

#22 Posted by dagubot (1329 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

Show them this:

This doesn't ruin Monster Hunter World on PC. This is under rare circumstances; the game itself is just a bad port on PC. It's not a bad game but again; a bad port. I mean go look at the reviews on Steam; it's "mixed" and if you scroll down the people that are giving it thumbs down are NOT because of hacks. It's because of Denuvo, network issues, and crashes. People are just generally saying to wait for patches.

#23 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

PC gamers are Steam slaves. They can do nothing without Steam BS.

That must suck! Thank God I'm console gamer!

#24 Posted by R4gn4r0k (31188 posts) -

Paying for PSN and Live is a rip-off

#25 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25366 posts) -
@henrythefifth said:

Your post is dripping with irony. Idiotic irony, but irony, none the less.

#26 Posted by Dark_sageX (3420 posts) -

@henrythefifth said:

Can you do something about locked frame rates on consoles? can you do something about your console not having backwards compatibility? can you do something about having to PAY for online on consoles?

lol, and which "steam BS" are you referring to?

#27 Posted by Dark_sageX (3420 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@Dark_sageX: I don’t know what’s more pathetic: you thinking that you’re so insightful or how off base your assumptions are.

I didn’t go to the outer rim of the Internet. I’m a MHW fan and have since subbed to a couple of channels dedicated to it, so the video posted was on my feed or home for youtube or whatever it is in the Recommended.

And to say that more than likely no one here has encountered a hacker is asinine. I’ve been a PC gamer since 2000 and have come across hackers in just about every game that had an online mode.

It’s just a part of PC gaming.

Own it. Don’t lie about it.

When did I lie about it? I said it rarely happens, I didn't say it never does, but something rarely happening is hardly cause for concern and hardly a justification for paying for online, or perhaps you think PSN and XBL are immune to hacking as a result of payed service? if thats the case why don't you google search "PSN hacked"

And sorry but i don't believe you, every game you came across? thats utter BS and you know it.

And given that channel only has 10k subs, yes, yes it is the outer rim of the internet.

#28 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

Anyone who argues that mods or hacks that artificially bring down the kill time for a monster don’t have a clue what Monster Hunter is about.

PC elitists boast about how so many PC games are pure and require more of you yet here I sit reading this thread where they talk about how user made easy mode is no big deal in a game where it’s all about it being a challenge.

What a sorry bunch of gamers.

And to those who don’t have the balls to tell it like it is because they want to keep things friendly for the life long friends they’ve made here on this board, saying “It does suck paying for online.”

It’s fucking $60 for a year.

Even a 12 year old can afford that.

#29 Posted by IronBrigador (113 posts) -

PC gaming rules, bro. Thats just how it is.

Take it easy now.

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14923 posts) -

Lol. The way some people justify them being robbed and ripped.

#31 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Lol. The way some people justify them being robbed and ripped.

Corporate worshipers. You don't believe but here's an alt who admitted he likes to cheerlead for Sony as a corporation.

#32 Posted by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@pc_rocks: Funny I’m pretty sure I mentioned owning an Xbox as well. Is this one of those pathetic forums that hates only PlayStation fanboys and everyone else is squeaky clean?

The guy you quoted justifies his online experience being trash by saying I’m getting robbed from the amount of money a 13 year old made on a paper route back in the 50’s. I’m an adult. I have $60.

@Cloud_imperium: How’s those games ruined by hackers working out for you.

Like I said I’m an adult and have a job. I have $60. Do you live in your parents basement or something? Is that why $60 is difficult for you fathom?

#33 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

@that_old_guy:

I wasn't talking about you when I said here's a guy that admitted being a cheerleader for Sony. He's going to be here soon.

No fanboys are clean but cows are the worst, most insecure fanbase with a hive mind that vehemently defends everything Sony. There are 3 4 factions lems, hermits, cows and sheep yet cows are the only faction that fights with everyone to defend Sony by flip flopping their arguments against each faction. Just look at the threads after RTX reveal, the only butthurt faction is cows. And yes, you falls into the same category as you're defending the rip-off that is Live and PS Plus are. Here in again a cow is defending the rip-off.

Nice trying to play a victim card, new alt. Cows are the worst corporate worshipers. Deal with it.

#34 Edited by That_Old_Guy (1236 posts) -

@pc_rocks: How is it that I’m a cow Sony fanboy but I’m defending LIVE?

Who flip flops to argue for their platform again?

Also, for the last time: It’s not a rip off. You get free games with it. It cuts back on cheating and hacking. And again I’m an adult I can come up with $60 a year.

Fucks sake I feel like I’m talking to the wall.

#35 Posted by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Show them this:

#36 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Show them this:

that is a POS game from the very start.

I dont see why any PC gamer would even be interested in its game play frankly

#37 Posted by Random_Matt (4243 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:

@that_old_guy:

I wasn't talking about you when I said here's a guy that admitted being a cheerleader for Sony. He's going to be here soon.

No fanboys are clean but cows are the worst, most insecure fanbase with a hive mind that vehemently defends everything Sony. There are 3 4 factions lems, hermits, cows and sheep yet cows are the only faction that fights with everyone to defend Sony by flip flopping their arguments against each faction. Just look at the threads after RTX reveal, the only butthurt faction is cows. And yes, you falls into the same category as you're defending the rip-off that is Live and PS Plus are. Here in again a cow is defending the rip-off.

Nice trying to play a victim card, new alt. Cows are the worst corporate worshipers. Deal with it.

With that reply you are just as bad as the very thing you just described. This is gamespot, cows, sheep or whatever everywhere, this site would not exist without them. People should probably spend less time on here, the amount of posts some users have is embarrassing.

#38 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@pc_rocks: How is it that I’m a cow Sony fanboy but I’m defending LIVE?

Who flip flops to argue for their platform again?

Also, for the last time: It’s not a rip off. You get free games with it. It cuts back on cheating and hacking. And again I’m an adult I can come up with $60 a year.

Fucks sake I feel like I’m talking to the wall.

Paid service...free games. Choose one!

#39 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:
@pc_rocks said:

@that_old_guy:

With that reply you are just as bad as the very thing you just described. This is gamespot, cows, sheep or whatever everywhere, this site would not exist without them. People should probably spend less time on here, the amount of posts some users have is embarrassing.

I'm sorry if the truth upsets you as a cow. Everything I said can be verified by just going through the threads on the very first page. There are 4 factions yet none of them gets into every thread and attacks everyone else for a minute thing they think an attack or threatens their Sony. None of the factions are that devoted to a corporation as cows are to Sony. And that's just this forum. In the wider world they have made petitions/boycott games/ send threats to dev etc etc just because a game previously being made exclusively for PlayStation is going to become a multiplat or their precious exclusive got a low score from one outlet.

#40 Edited by Random_Matt (4243 posts) -
@pc_rocks said:
@Random_Matt said:
@pc_rocks said:

@that_old_guy:

I'm sorry if the truth upsets you as a cow. Everything I said can be verified by just going through the threads on the very first page. There are 4 factions yet none of them gets into every thread and attacks everyone else for a minute thing they think an attack or threatens their Sony. None of the factions are that devoted to a corporation as cows are to Sony. And that's just this forum. In the wider world they have made petitions/boycott games/ send threats to dev etc etc just because a game previously being made exclusively for PlayStation is going to become a multiplat or their precious exclusive got a low score from one outlet.

Why would I be upset? Been on GS for years, you lot are all the same, you are attacking now, and are also a hypocrite.

#41 Posted by GarGx1 (10928 posts) -

Paying for PSN and Xbox Live sucks.

By the way Xbox Live is free on PC.

#42 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2182 posts) -

@that_old_guy: who's alt are you? Recloud decided to make another one?

This is a developer problem, standard Japanese trashy launches without considering the implications when it comes to online games.

What's funny about this? YOU CAN DO THIS ON THE CONSOLE VERSION OF DIABLO - manipulate Offline mode files and play them in Multiplayer and it was riddled with cheaters... couldn't do it on the PC version, everything was server side.

#43 Posted by PC_Rocks (2472 posts) -

@Random_Matt said:
@pc_rocks said:
@Random_Matt said:
@pc_rocks said:

@that_old_guy:

Why would I be upset? Been on GS for years, you lot are all the same, you are attacking now, and are also a hypocrite.

Is this why you called me out in the other thread and when I provided proof how he was blatantly lying you didn't correct your fellow cow. Yup, cows and hypocrite are synonyms. I'm not attacking, I'm now laying out the truth because of all the attacks cows do. The very thread I'm talking about is the living proof of that. Of course being a cow upsets you when others call out cows for their hypocrisy and double standards. It's the usual cows defense when confronted with facts that 'all fanboys are bad'. Fact is cows are the worst, they are so bad that at one point even publications has to put out articles over their fetish with Sony.

#44 Posted by stuff238 (3284 posts) -

PC gaming has the worst online.

Paying for XBL sucks because it has no games.

Paying for Nintendo Online sucks because the service sucks and no games.

Paying for PSN is “okay” because it has games, but yes, I admit it should be free.

#45 Posted by Kali-B1rd (2182 posts) -

@stuff238 said:

PC gaming has the worst online.

Paying for XBL sucks because it has no games.

Paying for Nintendo Online sucks because the service sucks and no games.

Paying for PSN is “okay” because it has games, but yes, I admit it should be free.

What games?

Gran Turismo? lol 7.

Bloodborne? ?

and? Drive club?

Uncharted onlin.... BWAHAHHAA I cant even say that with a straight face.

ooo ooo KILLZONE

#46 Edited by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

Amusing how some people get triggered over having to pay for ps+, shits on consoles but have a switch and a PS4.

Some people couldn't be more hypocrite and contradictory if they tried.

#47 Posted by enzyme36 (4216 posts) -

TC acting like there havent been hacks and save states in monster hunter throughout its online existence... and its somehow exclusive to PC.

Let's look the other similar games on console.... Diablo 3 and Borderlands Series. Dupes and hacks everywhere.

Close this thread.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#48 Posted by Blackhairedhero (3233 posts) -

Like I predicted.. worst on PC!

#49 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (25366 posts) -

You know, the entire premise of this thread is also funny. Because paying for PSN and Xbox Live is not what keeps cheaters off of it; it's the closed nature of the actual console boxes themselves that stop them from easily cheating. And, on top of that, many people plug in the XIM and bypass control limitations by using keyboard and mouse for FPS games and the like.

Paying for it doesn't make it any less easier to cheat; it's just them ripping you off.

#50 Edited by DaVillain- (36901 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

You know, the entire premise of this thread is also funny. Because paying for PSN and Xbox Live is not what keeps cheaters off of it; it's the closed nature of the actual console boxes themselves that stop them from easily cheating. And, on top of that, many people plug in the XIM and bypass control limitations by using keyboard and mouse for FPS games and the like.

Paying for it doesn't make it any less easier to cheat; it's just them ripping you off.

Sadly, you're preaching to the quire here. Console gamers wouldn't care one way or another.

But still, you speak the truth.