The next AAA pc game is almost here

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by adamosmaki (10557 posts) -

Not many releases during summer but one of the biggest pc games is going to be released real soon. Elite Dangerous is looking better and better every day. Here is an impressive video from Beta ( all in game engine of course.

According to people in Beta controls feel excellent, game is optimized great, its easy to get into ( hard to master though ) and the game makes you work for every kill and it feels like a huge victory and great achievement

So anyone else picking this up?

#2 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12357 posts) -

Well considering Elite Dangerous doesn't have a release date....I nominate a game that will be so much better:

Launching October 24

#3 Edited by MBirdy88 (12135 posts) -

This won't get AAA .... graphics not the best and this kind of game lack instant-gratification and cutscenes that these media outlets crave so much.

I might.... how much will it cost? (£) ..... might just wait it out for Star Citizen.

#4 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Never heard of it so it must suck

#5 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@lostrib said:

No. elite dangerous will be GOTY (real GOTY not popular site GOTY) this year

#6 Edited by TheEroica (17236 posts) -

Axiom Verge

#7 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@lostrib said:

uh oh, SNIPER likes it so it definitely must suck

#8 Edited by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

This won't get AAA .... graphics not the best and this kind of game lack instant-gratification and cutscenes that these media outlets crave so much.

I might.... how much will it cost? (£) ..... might just wait it out for Star Citizen.

The beta is $60 atm.

#9 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

Elite Dangerous looks awesome.. been watching streams on twitch. gonna wait for full release though

#10 Edited by R3FURBISHED (12357 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@system-reboot said:

@lostrib said:

If he makes a hype thread then we know it will at least flop - like all of SNIPER's hype thread games have done.

Oh and SNIPER, just say "It will be my personal GOTY" instead of this "popular site GOTY" BS.

#11 Posted by adamosmaki (10557 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

Beta is 70 euros but final release will be the normal price ( 50 ). As for graphics i think they look pretty damn impressive considering the huge levels and amount of stuff on screen

#12 Edited by MBirdy88 (12135 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The beta is $60 atm.

£50 (I really hate the UK when it comes to prices) .... if it goes down to say £30 on release I'l bite... otherwise... i'l wait and see how its recieved.... im not completely convinced, I don't understand how people think the game looks "Beautiful" .... but hell the gameplay is more important... any palce I should go for an overview of all its features? (that are currently working)?

#13 Edited by adamosmaki (10557 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The beta is $60 atm.

£50 (I really hate the UK when it comes to prices) .... if it goes down to say £30 on release I'l bite... otherwise... i'l wait and see how its recieved.... im not completely convinced, I don't understand how people think the game looks "Beautiful" .... but hell the gameplay is more important... any palce I should go for an overview of all its features? (that are currently working)?

The best place to go its in the official forum ( and the reason of this thread is because so far the game seems and plays great according to alot of users that bought the beta ) . And indeed the price will drop on release but by how much we dont know yet

#14 Posted by 7MDMA (315 posts) -

I've heard great things about this game. What's the release date? If anyone has played the beta please give us a rundown/review on this thread.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#15 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i will definitely get this game once it releases.

there seems to be no answer regarding the release date, I know it's in beta now for 50 squids.

50 squid is pretty steep, but it is very, very tempting.

#16 Posted by adamosmaki (10557 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

i will definitely get this game once it releases.

there seems to be no answer regarding the release date, I know it's in beta now for 50 squids.

50 squid is pretty steep, but it is very, very tempting.

supposedly it was to come late this summer/early fall if i remember correctly. The beta price is what is also keeping me from getting it

#17 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

I have no plans on getting this. Just give me Star Citizen and I should be fine.

#18 Edited by Heil68 (57712 posts) -

No plans of picking it up. My summer/fall schedule is set.

#19 Edited by naz99 (2804 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The beta is $60 atm.

The best place to go its in the official forum ( and the reason of this thread is because so far the game seems and plays great according to alot of users that bought the beta ) . And indeed the price will drop on release but by how much we dont know yet

The release is at the end of the year,and it will drop down to £30,we know because all this has already been mentioned many times.

And the game is amazing the recently update is huge the beta expanded from 5 star systems at about 200 cubic light years to over 50 star systems over 38,000 cubic light years,they also added more ships and missions/bountys

Also @MBirdy88 how can you not understand why people think its beautiful?? the people who are playing the game think it is,and you who has not played it or seen it first hand says it isn't..hmm who do you think will be right here?

#20 Posted by cainetao11 (32478 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

No plans of picking it up. My summer/fall schedule is set.

Mine too, what classes are you taking? LOL, I am psyched as I just got awarded some good cash from financial aid so I think me am get PS4 soon lol hahahaha TLHBO LOLOLOLOLOL (thank you tormentos)

#21 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@naz99 said:

The release is at the end of the year,and it will drop down to £30,we know because all this has already been mentioned many times.

And the game is amazing the recenty update is huge the beta expanded from 5 star systems at about 200 cubic light years to over 50 star systems over 38,000 cubic light years,they also added more ships and missions/bountys

good to know, thanks man.

and i take it you're already playing the game? if yes, nice.

#22 Edited by naz99 (2804 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:
@naz99 said:

And the game is amazing the recenty update is huge the beta expanded from 5 star systems at about 200 cubic light years to over 50 star systems over 38,000 cubic light years,they also added more ships and missions/bountys

good to know, thanks man.

and i take it you're already playing the game? if yes, nice.

Yeah i dropped £230 on the premium beta and a Saitek X52 pro at the same time...it was worth every penny,it has hooked me just like Elite 2 did back on my amiga,

And for the people moaning about the £50 Beta price which is set to drop anyway,where are you and why do we not hear you moaning when EA charges £44.99-£59.99 for a standard game through origin?? yet Elite a game with far more to do and far more playability is "a bit pricey"

#23 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@naz99: wow, it sounds like you are set. i'll take your endorsement of the game on board.

and haha, i am guilty of saying it's a bit of money. i'm used to paying about $37USD day one for a PC game, so about $43NZD. this game works out to $99NZD

still tempted though

#24 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

this looks like a shittier version of Star Citizen.

#25 Edited by pelvist (6651 posts) -

Yes ill be getting it, im really looking forward to it actually and I resisted the urge to join the beta with this one. Didnt realise it was releasing so soon. That trailer sucked ass.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#26 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (12614 posts) -

@system-reboot said:

@lostrib said:

#27 Posted by pyro1245 (3205 posts) -

oh no! AAA! does that mean it will be unfinished and monotonous? hah I kid. This game looks cool, regardless of how many capital letters we assign it.

Also +1 for the Civ: Beyond Earth

#28 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (2222 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

this looks like a shittier version of Star Citizen.

both better than console stuff

#29 Posted by santoron (8583 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Hype gone :/

#30 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

This game is amazing but that fan trailer is a bit boring . This official one is much better .

Loading Video...

#31 Posted by PAL360 (28731 posts) -

That vid is not a good representation of how impressive this game looks in first person, in my opinion. Great game incoming indeed!

#32 Edited by MBirdy88 (12135 posts) -

@naz99 said:

@adamosmaki said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@Snugenz said:

@MBirdy88 said:

The beta is $60 atm.

And the game is amazing the recently update is huge the beta expanded from 5 star systems at about 200 cubic light years to over 50 star systems over 38,000 cubic light years,they also added more ships and missions/bountys

Also @MBirdy88 how can you not understand why people think its beautiful?? the people who are playing the game think it is,and you who has not played it or seen it first hand says it isn't..hmm who do you think will be right here?

you mean I cant see beauty in videos? I was watching that popular guy stream it last night... and all the youtube videos. why is it this game and star citizen seems to hate Anti Aliasing? and well, it can be preference based too... I find the horrible orange U.I in the ships ugly as sin... its not a deal breaker... but just an eyesore.

I dunno, maybe I'm comparing it to Star Citizen too directly. but its a nitpick... as I said gameplay is what counts....

#33 Posted by SecretPolice (31788 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium:

Just wow that looks stellar.... mah kinda game fur chur. :D

#34 Posted by SamiRDuran (2758 posts) -

I'm not feeling this game it's like a tiny cockpit version of eve but without the politics and economy that makes eve great. Missions are just repetitive grinding of npcs and systems look un-inspiring so far. I think this game is getting attention just because it's a space game.