jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Sony now has the right to record and share your voice in party chat if they feel anything you say violates their community code of conduct.

They have also made party chat more complicated than it needs to be. You can no longer create a party by yourself and then invite others, you have to choose a player to invite and create party simultaneously. You then view the party via their message in your messages list.

Read more here: https://blog.playstation.com/2020/10/14/ps4-system-software-update-8-00-launching-today/

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

Not only servely underpowered compared to the XSX, but now you can't even create a party on your own? Was tormentos in charge of this update?

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jcrame10

@hardwenzen said:

Not only servely underpowered compared to the XSX, but now you can't even create a party on your own? Was tormentos in charge of this update?

IDK, but whoever was needs to be fired

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Bigbro Phony is watching and listening. Very Orwellian. :(

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

Speaking as a lem, I'm pretty sure this was debunked elsewhere....Sony are not listening. They just made it easier for you to record online abuse and send it to Sony.

I think.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@sealionact said:

Speaking as a lem, I'm pretty sure this was debunked elsewhere....Sony are not listening. They just made it easier for you to record online abuse and send it to Sony.

I think.

yeah that is the way it works

Still not sure I want people to be able to record me without me knowing

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jcrame10

@sealionact said:

I think.

Yes, this statement is accurate

@regnaston said:
@sealionact said:

I think.

yeah that is the way it works

Still not sure I want people to be able to record me without me knowing

Yes this statement is how most of us feel about it

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Nothing has changed, Sony has had the right to listen to any conversations since 2013. Also, Sony does not record, it’s a feature that allows PS5 users to record others in a party to send to Sony.

And it only takes issue with community guideline violations. So, say something racist or bullying, you can get in trouble. Don’t be toxic in a group/party. Also, MS has the same community guidelines.

As for party creation, I haven’t messed with it but I’ve heard it’s a dumpster fire now. I’ll have to check that out.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jcrame10

@Ibacai said:

Nothing has changed, Sony has had the right to listen to any conversations since 2013. Also, Sony does not record, it’s a feature that allows PS5 users to record others in a party to send to Sony.

And it only takes issue with community guideline violations. So, say something racist or bullying, you can get in trouble. Don’t be toxic in a group/party. Also, MS has the same community guidelines.

As for party creation, I haven’t messed with it but I’ve heard it’s a dumpster fire now. I’ll have to check that out.

Party chat is cumbersome and annoying now. Hope they change it back.

I can understand monitoring the in-game voicechats but since parties are generally with people on your friends list I'm not sure I understand the point. We gonna get into an argument in a party and you gonna report me? lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Trophy level flew up to 300.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Did party chat last night, I didn't notice anything different in how to set it up.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56088 Posts

Honestly, the new party system is legitimately worst. Whomever greenlit this crap needs a slap to the face!

@Zidaneski said:

Did party chat last night, I didn't notice anything different in how to set it up.

That's not the real issues this board isn't talking about.

What this update has essentially done, as far as we understand it, is introduce so many more steps to forming a party than there needs to be. Before update 8.00, you could simply start a party by opening up your friends list and popping off invites to your buddies. Now, you can only invite users via pre-formed message groups. Now, this change is fine if you have a dedicated group of people you play with and that line-up never changes. However, the moment you veer off that path, problems start to arise. Let's say one of your friends has a buddy who wants to join the party for some COD matches. You would have to create yet another message group purely to send them an invite, when before you could simply list the party as public and they'd be able to join by themselves. Imagine having to repeat this process over and over again every single time a new player wants to join your squad. Sony has created a hassle where there wasn't one. Worse still is that private parties aren't even a thing anymore.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

@davillain-: Mmm okay. I'd have to experience that all first hand to truly understand. Does sound like a headache.

faponte13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 faponte13
Member since 2013 • 263 Posts

@davillain-: thats untrue. The only difference now is that when you create a party it gives you the option to choose between preselected groups or start a new group. If you wanna add another player there still is the option to just add players.

Well I guess you can't be in a party by yourself but thats not really a big deal.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcrame10

@davillain- said:

Honestly, the new party system is legitimately worst. Whomever greenlit this crap needs a slap to the face!

@Zidaneski said:

That's not the real issues this board isn't talking about.

What this update has essentially done, as far as we understand it, is introduce so many more steps to forming a party than there needs to be. Before update 8.00, you could simply start a party by opening up your friends list and popping off invites to your buddies. Now, you can only invite users via pre-formed message groups. Now, this change is fine if you have a dedicated group of people you play with and that line-up never changes. However, the moment you veer off that path, problems start to arise. Let's say one of your friends has a buddy who wants to join the party for some COD matches. You would have to create yet another message group purely to send them an invite, when before you could simply list the party as public and they'd be able to join by themselves. Imagine having to repeat this process over and over again every single time a new player wants to join your squad. Sony has created a hassle where there wasn't one. Worse still is that private parties aren't even a thing anymore.

Yes, all this. Yes.

No more private parties because they're going to try to monitor and censor.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jcrame10
@faponte13 said:

@davillain-: thats untrue. The only difference now is that when you create a party it gives you the option to choose between preselected groups or start a new group. If you wanna add another player there still is the option to just add players.

Well I guess you can't be in a party by yourself but thats not really a big deal.

I liked creating a party by myself then going down my friends list to invite whoever I was planning to invite to the party chat.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Weren’t terrorists such as ISIS using PSN to communicate on the ps4? Maybe this is to combat that?

https://www.cnbc.com/2015/11/16/terrorists-using-playstation-4-to-communicate.html

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@Ibacai: that is all subjective.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#19 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

I like turtles

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ibacai

@BlackShirt20: what is?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#21 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

That you have to consent to having your voice being recorded as part of party chat. Because people are totally not going to exploit that... glad I jumped off the Sony bandwagon a couple years ago.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@freedomfreak: "Trophy level flew up to 300"

Im not a trophy person. But it is weird my trophy level went from 12 to about 200+

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

@Ibacai: right and wrong. Is always subjective. I mean We look at Nazi Germany and think, wow...... they are evil. But in Nazi Germany they said...... We are making the world a better place!

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ibacai

@BlackShirt20: you’re talking about perspective, morals, and ethics. Which are not always subjective. You can morally object to what I said but ethically you cannot. Also, I’m curious to know what part of what I said you disagree with? What aspect are we discussing; the fact that Sony had these guidelines since 2013, don’t be a racist or bully in a party, or that I heard the party system is a dumpster fire?

And are you really relating this topic to Nazi Germany? Really?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Yeah, the new party chat, setting up a room, and the fact you can't join a room without inviting at least one other person is absolutely ridiculous... Also, I don't buy for one second this is not to spy and listen in on what people are saying. If that was the case it would only apply to open chats and not closed chats. Mostly only friends and people that know each other will be in a party together. This is going to be abused to all hell in open lobbies and people will try to bait others into saying things just to report them...

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

Ps4 going out in fashion. Good way to promote the ps5🤣

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts