SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 37212 Posts

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2022/06/sony-exceeds-ps-plus-promise-with-over-800-games-across-new-tiers

The full list of All PS Plus Games is a truly eye-popping sight. Sony had promised over 700 titles with the new PS Plus Extra and PS Plus Premium tiers, but according to our calculations it’s actually exceeded 800! In fact, the exact number is 802 games, although this does include some regional exclusives, so your mileage may vary depending on where you live.

This number does not include the latest PS Plus Essential Monthly Games, however – nor the PS Plus Collection or Time Limited Trials. Now obviously there’ll be much debate about how many of the games are actually worth playing, but there’s no doubt that Sony has seriously outperformed its pledge with this initial selection. Impressive!

Remember, you can find the full list of All PS Plus Games through the link, and we’ll be bringing you much more content over the coming weeks to help you get the most out of your newly expanded game libraries!

Wow, 800 games - an incredible feat indeed. Have you joined the new PS Plus, SW? I got a deal on a membership and have downloaded a few titles already (Ys 9, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more). Definitely some good stuff in there.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38536 Posts

That’s certainly a lot of games but I’m probably just going to go with PS Plus Essential for now.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 19210 Posts

I'm going to stick with physical games. PS+ Essential has enough monthly games to keep me busy. I don't need anything more than that.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41902 Posts

Nearly half those are in the Premium Tier and most of those are PS3 streaming BC titles. I am actually surprised how little support there is for PS1/PS2 games I imagined the Premium Tier should have, and the PS2 catalog has a lot of quality titles not there, things they used to have on the older PS Now line-ups.

The Extra Tier would be most comparable to Game Pass Ultimate in price and number of offerings (418 for PS+ Extra versus 471 for Game Pass Ultimate with 374 included for PC), but I am surprised by the number of PS4/PS5 games kept in the pricier Premium Tier like the Bioshock and Arkham games or Sony's own Locoroco and Patapon games, Darksider games or Mafia series, these would seem more appropriately placed in the Extra Tier, I am confused why the tiers split this way.

Actually from looks of it if there is a logic to why certain games show up on Premium and not Extra where most PS4/PS5 games are kept. Premium was said before to be where the BC offerings are kept (so one imagines playing PS1/PS2/PS3 ports of games), but they are also placing their remakes/remasters that were made for PS4 too (like Metro Redux or Crysis collection or Borderlands remasters)... that's actually a pretty screwed up logic.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GirlUSoCrazy

@lamprey263: The limited PS2 games doesn't surprise me. It's the same list of PS2 games they've been selling on the digital store, and they didn't add very much past the small initial offering.

They're also PS4 enhanced versions of PS2 games. There's probably emulation on some level but also there is more work involved than 1:1 emulation. There is more of a QA requirement too.

It will be interesting to see how quickly more get added.

But there are many enhanced HD remasters of these old games available. They might only end up bringing the missing games and use the HD versions for the rest. But these HD versions were made because the originals were popular. The ones that didn't get attention might not have been that popular so I wonder if this is why we haven't seen more.

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 2813 Posts

PS Plus Essentials is enough for me. I don't play that many games.

Xbox was kind to offer physical backwards compatibility on their consoles, why couldn't Sony do the same with PS3 games on PS4 and PS5. Rant over.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 155 Posts

And only 100 worth playing.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 3540 Posts

Bunch of old crap. Day 1 or gtfo!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713: Stray says hi 😎

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 41902 Posts

@girlusocrazy: I am mostly just perplexed though they'd put the PS4 remakes/remasters into the Premium Tier as that's supposed to more focus on older BC but those are the PS4 re-releases, and not into the contemporary Extra Tier that focuses more on PS4/PS5 releases where they should be.

Not like I have a PS5 yet but if I did and I got this I would love to go back and play original Fatal Frame games and the PS2 Shin Megami Tensei sub-series like Persona and Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga but those are not on there currently... on upside though I hope there's a reason they're absent like maybe the publishers plan on re-releasing them so they wouldn't sign off on it 🤞.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 14321 Posts

Still on essential. I dont see any reason yet to sub. Suikoden 1-5 plis sony and konami.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 20687 Posts

Will never move from the standard ps+ unless i can play all their first party day one, just like GP. Not paying a shitload to play old games from 1977.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18424 Posts

@Archangel3371:

You didn't get a discount offer? I paid $28

I have until 12-6-2022 to play 800 games. I'll revert back to essential if Sony doesn't improve PS classics.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GirlUSoCrazy

@lamprey263: I hope so but I learned to keep the games and systems you love. I hope you get what you want 🙏

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371

@PSP107: Oh I don’t know. I haven’t subscribed to anything yet so I’ll probably get some kind of offer I’m sure. Just going to go with Essential for now though anyway.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

PS Now already had over 800 games, so praising a lateral move seems a little strange. But they kept their word, so I guess that's something. I still have no interest in 95% of that catalogue, so nothing has changed for me.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18424 Posts

@dimebag667: " I still have no interest in 95% of that catalogue, "

lol

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 316 Posts

My PS mini has about the same.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2675 Posts

Kinda pointless as u need a play station for it.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 1521 Posts

Gamepass = champagne

PS money grab = flat stale piss

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 8591 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Meh….that’s a pussy game.

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 605 Posts

What modern day adult has time to mess with that volume

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#23 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 59655 Posts

Not even Sony fannies are moved😂

It is funny how Sony fannies moved from quality over quantity to just quantity. Y'all ain't tired of flip flopping?🤣

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3932 Posts

I will stick with the standard tier until it lapses and I won't be resubbing for a while. I don't play online on consoles and the "free" games have not been anything to talk about for a while. I have played the first party games I wanted and when more come out, I will reassess the service, but for now, I am good with my backlog and other hobbies.

ZeroTheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZeroTheHero
Member since 2021 • 1251 Posts

thats friggin nothing and what ya know archangel gets a ps5 and doesn't get the full service he buys gamepass on his trash xbox one and gets like half the games he could get on his new ps5 instead

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 2

#26 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 5525 Posts

If I had a PS5 I’d probably subscribe,still seems like a decent deal but I’m staying with my Xbox Series X and GamePass. XSX/GamePass to good to pass over to the PS5 sub.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dimebag667

@PSP107: It's sad, but it's the truth. I just scrolled through the whole list (1195 games) and only found 45 I was interested in playing. That brings the total of games on the service I'm not interested in to 1150...96% useless (for me). It's even worse than I thought! Now of course that doesn't mean you can't find good games on there. And it doesn't include all the good games that I've already played, so bare that in mind. But like I said, this service just isn't for me.

Is everything PS3 and beyond only available through streaming? I tried to play GoW ascension on PS now and that was rough. I couldn't imagine trying that with modern games.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11874 Posts

I thought it's had over 850 games for years now? I'm thinking about canceling my gamepass for a bit and trying it out.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Archangel3371

@zerothehero: I love it! 🤣🤣🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 6315 Posts

It's a nice option for someone who's new to the Playstation ecosystem but i think that's about it..

Until Sony takes their own service seriously with day-one releases, i don't think it will make much difference to the overall Playstation community..

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GirlUSoCrazy

@Antwan3K: They probably won't. They're not in a position to let profits become a lower priority than growth like MS is doing.

This service arrives in a form where Sony expects to focus on profits. MS isn't yet at that point with Game Pass. We have yet to see what that will look like.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6062 Posts

This "new" service is nothing more than an accounting instrument/investor relations device to conseal their embarrasing numbers next to GamePass.

Because of GamePass, they are going to be fielding questions/pressure in investor meetings from both the press AND their own shareholders about their "response" to GamePass. They want to have something to answer back with when GamePass announces they've reached 40M, 50M, and 60M subscribers. They are going to play coy and do trickery with numbers, while not actually giving a flying **** about their service. And their employees fanboys are going to willfully spread the fake numbers around, on purpose, with a full understanding of their false nature and what they are actually doing.

That is why Sony is doing this. THAT is the audience this rebrand was designed for, not for us, not for people on twitter, not for people on internet forums. We are not the intended audience this rebrand was designed for.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SolidGame_basic

@StrongDeadlift: you mean like when Microsoft lets people convert their Live to GamePass or they give out $1 trials like candy to boost their numbers?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6062 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

@StrongDeadlift: you mean like when Microsoft lets people convert their Live to GamePass or they give out $1 trials like candy to boost their numbers?

Not the same thing. A service like GamePass is a loss leader. It requires years of establishing trust to culturally train the gaming populace into trusting it as viable. All culturally dominant services have one thing in common.....

They "won" the war of the cultural zeitgeist. They won the "culture". They've culturally trained people to actually use and be culturally invested in the service and to give a shit about it. Itunes, Netflix, Spotify, etc.....

There is a "nym" word I cant find right now, meaning that its a "thing" that is either the first of its type (or will at least be considered the first or most significant, regardless of the actual chronology) and everything else after it will forever be compared against it. Google, Xerox, the Iphone, and Netflix fall into that category. Thats what GamePass is trying to be.

Sony is not cultivating cultural investment in PSNow/Plus. They're just wheeling out a mealy-mouthed "me too" service (but worse in every way), with one-foot-out the door.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GirlUSoCrazy

@StrongDeadlift said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Not the same thing. A service like GamePass is a loss leader. It requires years of establishing trust

To what end? We don't know what it looks like when it's considered to be at the stage where they focus on profits by MS. We don't know what games end up focusing on service games with season pass content. If that becomes the way forward for mainstream games it will look the same on all platforms anyway.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 8262 Posts

I have PS+ Premium, and Game Pass Ultimate > PS+ Premium. Both have value, but GP offers more with the PC offerings.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30383 Posts

I paid 25 euros to try out the premium for the rest of the year...mostly to see how it handles playing via streaming. It works fine, but was also a reminder of how modern games are and play infinitely better than most classics.

I'll reduce to extra next year. About 8 euros per month to have access ro hundreds of new games sounds perfect to me.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 59655 Posts

@PAL360 said:

I paid 25 euros to try out the premium for the rest of the year...mostly to see how it handles playing via streaming. It works fine, but was also a reminder of how modern games are and play infinitely better than most classics.

I'll reduce to extra next year. About 8 euros per month to have access ro hundreds of new games sounds perfect to me.

Yet folks complain and reminisce on old games being spectacular.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Antwan3K
@girlusocrazy said:

@Antwan3K: They probably won't. They're not in a position to let profits become a lower priority than growth like MS is doing.

This service arrives in a form where Sony expects to focus on profits. MS isn't yet at that point with Game Pass. We have yet to see what that will look like.

this service is nothing more than PS Now under a different name and it already "arrived" way back in 2014.. the only change in focus is to try and sweep the abysmal subscription numbers under the rug..

again, if they actually want anyone to take this service seriously, they're going to need to actually take it seriously themselves.. for any longtime PlayStation fan who's already played/purchased these games, there's very little reason to buy into this..

granted there's plenty of old games on Game Pass that i haven't tried before and i can appreciate that same value in PS Plus E/P.. but the primary value i see in Game Pass is day one releases of all 1st party and some 3rd party titles.. that's the reason for the delta in both the perception and sub count for these two offerings..

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@Antwan3K: Yeah it's like I said before, Game Pass is in a growth phase where profits are not the main focus, and Sony's service is not in the same position.

If your expectation is that Sony will also make profits a lower priority than growth then you will be disappointed. However if that's the case then I wonder if you will become disappointed when Game Pass shifts to a focus on profits.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#41  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30383 Posts

@Pedro: Many people can't separate blind nostalgia from healthy nostalgia.

Many games from past decades aged well and are still fun to play, but it doesn't change the fact that games in general are better and more polished these days.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Antwan3K

@girlusocrazy: again, PS Now has been around since 2014.. it has not changed simply because they changed the name.. and neither of us knows how profitable PS Now was or is.. we just know that virtually no one subscribed to the service in comparison to something like Game Pass..

and if they want to grow the service, yes, they will need to make actual changes to the service so that it is more attractive to consumers.. hiding it within PS Plus doesn't do anything but hide the sub count..

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 GirlUSoCrazy

@Antwan3K: It won't change. I don't think their focus on growing the service will change either. You know what to expect. It will get the same audience it did prior to the name change.

Yes, this is different from Game Pass. MS are focused on growing the service above profits currently and we don't know how it will differ when they switch to focusing on profits.

What MS will have to focus on is user retention when the service changes to focusing on profits.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#44  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 8942 Posts

@dimebag667:

"only 45" like holy shit dude. how much more do you want.

The only games that moderately interested me were; Returnal (I borrowed it from a friend when it launched, now we can play co op) FFX HD remaster, Miles Morales, Spiderman, AC Valhalla, Soul Calibur VI, and that was pretty much it.

Like 7 games or so. All other games I either already own or are not worth my time. (AC Valhalla is barely worth my time either tbh) and games like Soul Calibur are only for those game nights / pre parties / football matches when you have friends over and want to play a split screen game. Never gonna play it on my own.

I would say FFVIII and FFIX are interesting as well but I am still holding out for proper, FF7 style remakes to come out in not too long.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By dimebag667

@Mozelleple112: I'm confused. Are you saying that 45 out of 1200 is a lot? I mean, 7 is definitely less, but several of those are games that I've already played. And I wouldn't be interested in them if there was a backwards compatibility function, where I could just pop in the disc. And out of those games, I don't even know that I would actually like them. Im just curious.

I can't speak for FFVIII, but IX is great. And if the remake is as different as VII remake, playing both wouldn't hurt.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

I went for Extra. I’ve no interest in playing any classic games or old stuff.

had a blast checking out Returnal and Miles Morales over the weekend though. Both are excellent.

Not had time to play Ghost of Tsomething or Death Stranding yet and after Elden Ring I‘ve had my fill of Souls games for the time being.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 8942 Posts

@dimebag667:

I'm saying if you found 45 games you would like to play for an additional $20 or so that's an outright bargain.

That's barely 50 cents per game...

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 40924 Posts

Seems like this subscription thing is all the craze now when just a year ago is was soooo bad people said they hated the idea of it and would never be for it? ;o

lol :P

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 dabear
Member since 2002 • 5863 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

When GoW Ragnarok drops day 1, you can talk smack. Until then, the PS version of Game Pass is garbage.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6159 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

I thought it's had over 850 games for years now? I'm thinking about canceling my gamepass for a bit and trying it out.

Yeah, this is not new. PSNow had about the same amount of games before the re-branding. The biggest changes I noticed are more Ubisoft games, more first party games, and newer titles from larger publishers.