The most overrated game are...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 SkateGame
Member since 2005 • 893 Posts

... well? What are they? That's right. What do you think deserves to be on the list of overrated games? Here's my list:

Halo - Seriously, it added melee and being able to throw grenades with your gun still armed. When people call this their favorite game, part of me dies.

Ocarina of Time - A Link to the Past's 3D version. This game doesn't quite deserve the hordes of perfect ratings people give it. And, it started one of my most hated game mechanics.... lock-on.

Gears of War - I'm mainly referring to GS's review. The multiplayer was nothing new, the single player was too short, and some game mechanics left gameplay unbalanced. Shame, shame...

Metal Gear Solid - I love this game. But seriously, I can beat it in 4 hours. Plus, the game is mainly cutscenes. The sequels were much improved, and this game was quite revolutionary, but the replay value is incredibly low and the game is WAY too short.

Grand Theft Auto - Let's kill hookers and innocent people. Seriously, this game gets old fast. Plus, games like Oblivion take the sandbox idea to a higher level than this ever will. Thanks to this, we now have gaming restrictions...

That's all I can think of now.... What do you guys think are overrated games?

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
Opinions?
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MTBare
Member since 2006 • 5176 Posts
So I'm curious.. Do you enjoy.. ANY games?
PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
Final Fantasy
Zelda

The ones you'll see the most. Guaranteed.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Opinions?
Panzer_Zwei

Many of them it seems...
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
So I'm curious.. Do you enjoy.. ANY games?MTBare
lol im wondering the same.
Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

Way to list some of the most popular games ever and a great new game.

When a huge sheep, who's motto I'm sure is "games are meant to be fun" ignores the fact that all of those games are a blast to play: part of me dies.

Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
Final Fantasy
Zelda

PannicAtack
yuppers. but.....dont forget about WoW....i just never had a liking for it and i lost a little respect for blizzard that they discontinued the Warcraft series for WoW...:cry:
Shadow_op

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Shadow_op
Member since 2006 • 4566 Posts
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
Final Fantasy
Zelda

PannicAtack
yuppers. but.....dont forget about WoW....i just never had a liking for it and i lost a little respect for blizzard that they discontinued the Warcraft series for WoW...:cry:
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts
Wow lots of opinions you have there. Esepcially with Lock-On loZ: OoT paved the way for all action/adventure games
MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts

... well? What are they? That's right. What do you think deserves to be on the list of overrated games? Here's my list:

Halo - Seriously, it added melee and being able to throw grenades with your gun still armed. When people call this their favorite game, part of me dies.

Ocarina of Time - A Link to the Past's 3D version. This game doesn't quite deserve the hordes of perfect ratings people give it. And, it started one of my most hated game mechanics.... lock-on.

Gears of War - I'm mainly referring to GS's review. The multiplayer was nothing new, the single player was too short, and some game mechanics left gameplay unbalanced. Shame, shame...

Metal Gear Solid - I love this game. But seriously, I can beat it in 4 hours. Plus, the game is mainly cutscenes. The sequels were much improved, and this game was quite revolutionary, but the replay value is incredibly low and the game is WAY too short.

Grand Theft Auto - Let's kill hookers and innocent people. Seriously, this game gets old fast. Plus, games like Oblivion take the sandbox idea to a higher level than this ever will. Thanks to this, we now have gaming restrictions...

SkateGame
If you dont like those games then you most not like games period,i bet your an older woman right?Maybe even an mother.
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SkateGame
I like those games, but OoT doesn't get a perfect score. Gears certainly doesn't get a 9.6. I'm saying that they're good games, but the scores are inflated by hype and such. MGS is a classic to me, but I'm only gonna play it once. I love playing Halo, but it sure isn't revolutionary. OoT was great, but it copied the setup of ALttP and brought it into a 3D world. Good games, but people like you think they're better than they are...
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SkateGame
[QUOTE="SkateGame"]

MrPostman4Chi
If you dont like those games then you most not like games period,i bet your an older woman right?Maybe even an mother.

Actually I'm 16 idiot. I've been gaming since the NES and I like originality in my games. I like those games but originality comes first. Idiots plague these boards more than nerds plague to staying with their mothers...
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I like those games, but OoT doesn't get a perfect score. Gears certainly doesn't get a 9.6. I'm saying that they're good games, but the scores are inflated by hype and such. MGS is a classic to me, but I'm only gonna play it once. I love playing Halo, but it sure isn't revolutionary. OoT was great, but it copied the setup of ALttP and brought it into a 3D world. Good games, but people like you think they're better than they are...SkateGame
The thing is no one ever claims that Halo is revolutionary, they only claim it does everything well, which it does.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MTBare
but people like you think they're better than they are...SkateGame
People like me huh?
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SkateGame
Oh, well the people here say its what started the shooter... that scare me a bit...
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MTBare
[QUOTE="MrPostman4Chi"][QUOTE="SkateGame"]

SkateGame

Actually I'm 16 idiot. I've been gaming since the NES and I like originality in my games. I like those games but originality comes first. Idiots plague these boards more than nerds plague to staying with their mothers...

The NES came out before you were born.
-Xplode-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Xplode-
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts

halo for the win. and the next installment in the series...halo 3!

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Metal Gear Solid

Metal Gear Solid 2

Metal Gear Solid 3

Motorstorm

Madden series

AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

Opinions?
Panzer_Zwei

Agree with Halo, but that's it

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
[QUOTE="SkateGame"]I like those games, but OoT doesn't get a perfect score. Gears certainly doesn't get a 9.6. I'm saying that they're good games, but the scores are inflated by hype and such. MGS is a classic to me, but I'm only gonna play it once. I love playing Halo, but it sure isn't revolutionary. OoT was great, but it copied the setup of ALttP and brought it into a 3D world. Good games, but people like you think they're better than they are...Spartan070
The thing is no one ever claims that Halo is revolutionary, they only claim it does everything well, which it does.

Amen to that. Halo is just plain old fun.
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SkateGame
[QUOTE="SkateGame"][QUOTE="MrPostman4Chi"][QUOTE="SkateGame"]

MTBare

Luckily my cousins owned one and they donated it to me when the SNES came out and I've been gaming since I was 3 with both the NES and SNES. Oh the good ol' days... Wish they were still as sweet as before...

t2wave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 t2wave
Member since 2005 • 3258 Posts
Grand Theft Auto
Metal Gear Solid
Halo
Final Fantasy
Zelda

PannicAtack
I concur
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SkateGame
Okay... stop ridiculing my gaming tastes and answer my question!!!! (somehow I'm still enjoying these boards...)
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Panzer_Zwei
but people like you think they're better than they are...SkateGame
The thing is all opinion based. You can't just say they're overrated because you just happened to not like them. Or think that everybody shares your concept of what makes a "better" or "not better" game.

There's people that some of those games for them are probably some of the best games,and their opinions aren't less valid than yours.
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"][QUOTE="SkateGame"][QUOTE="MrPostman4Chi"][QUOTE="SkateGame"]

SkateGame

Luckily my cousins owned one and they donated it to me when the SNES came out and I've been gaming since I was 3 with both the NES and SNES. Oh the good ol' days... Wish they were still as sweet as before...

I gave my 4 year old cousin my NES today, I guess that means he's been gaming since the NES.
SkateGame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SkateGame
[QUOTE="SkateGame"] but people like you think they're better than they are...Panzer_Zwei
The thing is all opinion based. You can't just say they're overrated because you just happened to not like them. Or think that everybody shares your concept of what makes a "better" or "not better" game.

There's people that some of those games for them are probably some of the best games,and their opinions aren't less valid than yours.

Good point... Didn't think of that. Now I know I shouldn't have been partying last night... Oops...
MrPostman4Chi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrPostman4Chi
Member since 2006 • 1219 Posts
**** GO MAKE ME SOME PANCAKES!!!!
AvIdGaMeR444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AvIdGaMeR444
Member since 2004 • 7031 Posts

SkateGame

Ocarina (at the time) was phenominal and deserved every bit of praise.  It had few similarities to Link to the Past.  Yes, the heart pieces to make full heart were seen in Link to the Past as well as a water level and grappling hook and Sages. But..... 

Ocarina had masks, Poes, Epona, Young and Teen Link, the Ocarina itself, better story, memorable music, Gorons, Zoras, day and night cycles, Iron Boots, Eye of Truth, Navi (annoying to some but memorable), Deku sticks and nuts, Skulltulas, etc. 

Because of all this Ocarina is definitely not overrated and is not just a Link to the Past rehash

Also, Lock-on was a great addition to the series.  Play Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and you will wish for lock on, because you will be fighting the camera constantly to get a decent view of the enemies....

abbismonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 abbismonster
Member since 2004 • 591 Posts
So I'm curious.. Do you enjoy.. ANY games?MTBare
Yes, because if you dont enjoy 5 of the most mainstream and popular games out there, you must have terrible choice in games. Give me a break. My list of overrated games: Any game that isn't freespace 2 is overrated.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
Opinions?
Panzer_Zwei
duh? saying X game is overrated is not fact
MTBare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MTBare
[QUOTE="MTBare"]So I'm curious.. Do you enjoy.. ANY games?abbismonster
Yes, because if you dont enjoy 5 of the most mainstream and popular games out there, you must have terrible choice in games. Give me a break. My list of overrated games: Any game that isn't freespace 2 is overrated.

Those are some of the best series of games out there.. So if you don't like ANY of them, that's kind of strange yes. Wow your list of overrated games is nice and logical.
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
[QUOTE="MTBare"]So I'm curious.. Do you enjoy.. ANY games?abbismonster

chances are you'd enjoy at least 1 of those popular games. they dont become popular for no reason.
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Panzer_Zwei
[QUOTE="Panzer_Zwei"]Opinions?
omarguy01
duh? saying X game is overrated is not fact

You think? I didn't noticed.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
I think Halo2 is way over rated.roulettethedog
The SP was amazing but the MP is a bit overrated....nah, the MP is great too.
the-very-best

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 the-very-best
Member since 2006 • 14486 Posts
I'm sick of people hating on GTA...

The series didn't get 9.6/10 three times in a row because it's crap. If people actually play it ie. go through the missions, progress through the story, people will realize how amazing this series is. It's funny, creative and original in many aspects.

Oh, and gaming would be nowhere near as big as it is today without GTA.
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
[QUOTE="SkateGame"]

AvIdGaMeR444

Ocarina (at the time) was phenominal and deserved every bit of praise. It had few similarities to Link to the Past. Yes, the heart pieces to make full heart were seen in Link to the Past as well as a water level and grappling hook and Sages. But.....

Ocarina had masks, Poes, Epona, Young and Teen Link, the Ocarina itself, better story, memorable music, Gorons, Zoras, day and night cycles, Iron Boots, Eye of Truth, Navi (annoying to some but memorable), Deku sticks and nuts, Skulltulas, etc.

Because of all this Ocarina is definitely not overrated and is not just a Link to the Past rehash

Also, Lock-on was a great addition to the series. Play Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy and you will wish for lock on, because you will be fighting the camera constantly to get a decent view of the enemies....

I don't know if it diserved every bit of praise, but it definitely did some stuff no other game had done before. The reason I'm responding to this is because you are one of the few people on these bords, that can actually see that OOT was very and I mean Very different from ALTTP and I agree with you completely on that remark, but I wouldn't agree on the better story then ALTTP part. Specially for the people that say that both games tell the accountings of the same story, wich is far from the truth.