Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9816 Posts

@Juub1990: You mean this?

"Pretty much puts it at GTX 1070 Performance or better, Not bad at all."

Nope. Pretty much means about there, around there, kinda.... He even says "maybe I'm jumping to conclusions (because there was no mention of settings) so bump me if I'm wrong"

He simply said that the performance was "not bad at all", not that it kicks a high end pcs ass.

He's right, and you're furious which is why you use hyperbole to the point of looking ridiculous.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Id rather play a game at 1080p max setting than 4k at ugly low.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@sealionact said:

@Juub1990: You mean this?

"Pretty much puts it at GTX 1070 Performance or better, Not bad at all."

Nope. Pretty much means about there, around there, kinda.... He even says "maybe I'm jumping to conclusions (because there was no mention of settings) so bump me if I'm wrong"

He simply said that the performance was "not bad at all", not that it kicks a high end pcs ass.

He's right, and you're furious which is why you use hyperbole to the point of looking ridiculous.

Except he's wrong. The X1X doesn't perform at GTX 1070 level or better. The DF video has already proven that statement to be wrong.

A bunch of settings have to be turned down to low/medium to maintain 4K @ 30fps on the 1X while the GTX 1070 maintains 30fps at Ultra Settings. That's not around the same performance "or better" any how you look at it.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Jereb31
Member since 2015 • 2025 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Lmao nope. 28.7 FPS without TAA. X1X has TAA

good effort by the 1070

Why are you using this benchmark when a take dating April 3rd from Digital Foundry confirmed you get the full fat 4K experience at Ultra locked at 30fps with a 1070?

At 11:36

Seems like you only use DF when it suits your argument lol.

He's trolling.

Not that it matters, since DF destroyed him and there is nothing left to debate, but note he's purposefully being deceptive in writing the "lowest fps" number instead of "average fps" number. This is some climate denier level data bullshittery.

A weasel through and through. He deserves this inferior experience.

Why would you compare X1X Minimum vs 1070 Average?

you compare lowest FPS vs lowest FPS

That's also the best way to compare the speed of cars and literally every other metric ever.

"Here we have our Bugatti which can bottom out at 0 km's/hr. Now you might think this is impressive, but let me blow your mind *wink*. This 1985 Mitsubishi Colt, can MATCH that speed of 0 km's/hr... also. Now how about you tell me again, what's the better deal!!"

- GioVella2010

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Jereb31

@nfamouslegend said:

Let me know where you can find a PC that has 1TB HDD, 6tflop gpu, octa-core CPU, UHD Blu-ray disc, controller, 12GB GDDR5, all for $499. The answer of course is you cant.

That looks similar to the specs I built my last PC from early last year.

Except I have more RAM, better CPU, more HDD space and an SSD to boot.

Plus a better soundcard, Blu-Ray, already have 2 controllers and i'm better looking than you.

Way to catch up a year later by purchasing the parts on discount.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Minimum FPS is not the same as 97 percentile.

Is that using TAA? Because that’s an extra 2.5% performance drop. The SLI benchmark from them doesn’t use TAA.

And last but not least, that’s not a FOunders Edition. The Founders Edition can be had for $440, every other 1070 is over $510

Where did you get that they turned off TAA in the SLI benchmark? They simply said TAA was enabled with Ultra.

Also lol @ the Founder's Edition comment. You really are getting desperate. Nobody buys that piece of crap any more.

97% percentile is the lowest 3%. A lot more representative than using the lowest 0.1%.

PCGamer.com benchmark you keep using is using SMAA and not TAA like consoles in the 4k Benchmark.

PCGamer.com says 2.5% performance increase switching from TAA to SMAA

The MSI Gaming X 1070 is 6% faster than a GTX 1070 Founders Edition

These numbers above suggest that a X1X at 4k is 8.5% faster than a 1070 Founders Edition at 4k, But we still have the rest of the settings below to look at.

X1X Settings are below for the following assets:

Shadow: X1X uses High (PCGamer.com says 6% performance increase dropping from Ultra to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Environment: X1X Uses High (PCGamer.com says 13% performance increase dropping to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Geometry: X1X uses High (PC Gamers.com says 4% performance increase dropping to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Volumetric Fog: X1x Uses Low (PC Gamers says 3% performance increase dropping to lowest Setting from Ultra)

Terrain: X1X Uses Low (PC Gamers says 1% performance increase dropping to lowest Setting from Ultra)

That leaves performance right about on par with a GTX 1070 FE, and that's only if we're discrediting Techpowerup for whatever reason.

I do belive Techpowerup went above and beyond to try and stress test the GPU, not unlike Digital Foundry did in the X1X video. (They did not perform the same stress test for PC video)

Techpowerup got 25.6 FPS AVERAGE, and PCGamer.com states that the newest drivers give a 5% performance boost. 25.6 FPS + 5% boost = 26.9 FPS AVERAGE

Techpowerup uses a GTX 1070 FE (for the record)

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By GioVela2010

@nfamouslegend said:

Let me know where you can find a PC that has 1TB HDD, 6tflop gpu, octa-core CPU, UHD Blu-ray disc, controller, 12GB GDDR5, all for $499. The answer of course is you cant.

@nfamouslegend said:

ha i payed $370

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Jereb31

@nfamouslegend said:

Just a thought, but I could buy the X1X and probably do a clean boot and drop linux (free) on it. So yeah, answered you question there.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 GioVela2010

@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Lmao nope. 28.7 FPS without TAA. X1X has TAA

good effort by the 1070

Why are you using this benchmark when a take dating April 3rd from Digital Foundry confirmed you get the full fat 4K experience at Ultra locked at 30fps with a 1070?

He's trolling.

Not that it matters, since DF destroyed him and there is nothing left to debate, but note he's purposefully being deceptive in writing the "lowest fps" number instead of "average fps" number. This is some climate denier level data bullshittery.

That's also the best way to compare the speed of cars and literally every other metric ever.

"Here we have our Bugatti which can bottom out at 0 km's/hr. Now you might think this is impressive, but let me blow your mind *wink*. This 1985 Mitsubishi Colt, can MATCH that speed of 0 km's/hr... also. Now how about you tell me again, what's the better deal!!"

- GioVella2010

what a stupid analogy

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Jereb31

@GioVela2010 said:
@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:

He's trolling.

- GioVella2010

what a stupid analogy

Hehehe, it's meant to be. Let me have my fun.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Jereb31

@GioVela2010 said:
@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:
@Juub1990 said:

He's trolling.

- GioVella2010

what a stupid analogy

But in defense of my dumb analogy there is very little point to comparing lowers FPS to lowest FPS.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 GioVela2010

@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@jereb31 said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@zaryia said:

He's trolling.

- GioVella2010

what a stupid analogy

Hehehe, it's meant to be. Let me have my fun.

damn it dont be nice

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@jereb31: you're broke and don't own anything, lying gets you no where here.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Jereb31

@nfamouslegend said:

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@nfamouslegend said:

Quite funny coming from an alt account.

Jereb31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Jereb31

@nethernova said:
@nfamouslegend said:

Quite funny coming from an alt account.

Hey hey, I haven't been called that yet. This marks a milestone for me as a person. Kudos.

Now for my come back.

Your mother!

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1001 Posts

@nethernova: nope real account, nice try though.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

dude if a GTX 1070 ti can't do 4k @ max settings then what makes you think a console that costs only $50 more can? Be honest with yourself...stop making these threads pretending to be dimwitted

But it can :/

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

Is the Xbox One X all you lems have got going on? Pretty sad...

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@i_p_daily: Not my fault the Mighty X1X from a few months ago is already dropping down to Low settings. This is about the console. Not about me.

When it comes from the same guy over & over again who doesn't even own the console we start to wonder where MS touched you as a child :(

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#121 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

30, low, stripped assets.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5875 Posts

These threads are very amusing.

A graphics card that costs the same as the Xbox One X provides a better experiance when you spend the extra money required to make a working system. Its not a surpise and isnt a negative against the X.

Yes 60fps would be great but the X is a mid gen upgrade a 4k upgrade gives the X an advantage but 60fps over 30fps would be a step to far and totally unfair to gamers playing against each other accross the S and X.

Plus the X and Pro was brought out to match 4k TV's which is what mainstream will look for above fps.

Meanwhile Sony advertises the Pro as a 4k console and totally gets away with the fact its not hitting 4k in more and more games, even with low settings.

Its fun to have a fanboy debate, but this constant comparison of PC costing much more than the X is just stupid and is an actual credit to the X for being so good.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#123 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Lems: PC is much more expensive, oh wait, i have bought two Xboxes already.

What a fucking waste of money, should of just bought a PC.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 tdkmillsy  Online

@Random_Matt said:

Lems: PC is much more expensive, oh wait, i have bought two Xboxes already.

What a fucking waste of money, should of just bought a PC.

Could say the same about PS4

You couldnt buy a 1070 when the first Xbox/PS4 came out and thefore would need to upgrade to compete with the X.

Plus how many house holds want a PC in their front room. Console has a place in many households.

Concept of value is different for everyone.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@Random_Matt: why do you assume every Xbox owner has bought 2 consoles. Does the same apply the PS4. Do you have both?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts
@GioVela2010 said:

PCGamer.com benchmark you keep using is using SMAA and not TAA like consoles in the 4k Benchmark.

These numbers above suggest that a X1X at 4k is 8.5% faster than a 1070 Founders Edition at 4k, But we still have the rest of the settings below to look at.

Shadow: X1X uses High (PCGamer.com says 6% performance increase dropping from Ultra to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Environment: X1X Uses High (PCGamer.com says 13% performance increase dropping to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Geometry: X1X uses High (PC Gamers.com says 4% performance increase dropping to Lowest Setting from Ultra)

Volumetric Fog: X1x Uses Low (PC Gamers says 3% performance increase dropping to lowest Setting from Ultra)

Terrain: X1X Uses Low (PC Gamers says 1% performance increase dropping to lowest Setting from Ultra)

That leaves performance right about on par with a GTX 1070 FE, and that's only if we're discrediting Techpowerup for whatever reason.

I do belive Techpowerup went above and beyond to try and stress test the GPU, not unlike Digital Foundry did in the X1X video. (They did not perform the same stress test for PC video)

Techpowerup got 25.6 FPS AVERAGE, and PCGamer.com states that the newest drivers give a 5% performance boost. 25.6 FPS + 5% boost = 26.9 FPS AVERAGE

Where exactly are you getting the benchmark isn't using TAA? As soon as they hit 1440p/Ultra, TAA gets enabled lol.

Of course you believe they went above and beyond, they expose you for being a cheater and a liar lo. Now you have to resort to cherry picking cards and using the shittiest version of the 1070 that nobody buys any more to prove a point when you've already lost. Deal with it kid, you've been defeated ONCE AGAIN. Every single time it's the same story. You get destroyed and come back for more. Plus you can overclock a stock 1070 to easily gain a meager 6% performance. In fact, overclocking the 1070 gives it on average a 12%performance increase.

"The average performance advantage we experienced was 12% over default performance."

So let's do so math like you do. 25.6 +5%(drivers)+12%(overclock average)=30FPS average.

And that's with a garbage FE. So nah, nice try but GTFO.

Latest benchmark and DF prove the 1070 can handle Ultra/30fps/4K. The Xbox One X can't. Furthermore, you're cross-referencing results from different sites which is extremely flawed. You don't use TechpowerUp's numbers to then attribute 5% to PCGamer's numbers.

Wrecked again. Are you even trying bro?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c746fddbe486
deactivated-5c746fddbe486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#127  Edited By deactivated-5c746fddbe486
Member since 2017 • 193 Posts

The PS4 Pro is getting left out of these resolution and graphics comparisons, Cows must be furious their half assed fake 4K PS4 Pro is not giving the mighty X any competition

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@tibua said:

The PS4 Pro is getting left out of these resolution and graphics comparisons, Cows must be furious their half assed fake 4K PS4 Pro is not giving the mighty X any competition

Must be difficult to accept that the most visually impressive console games are on Pro....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44057 Posts

They don't call'em Pee Salty Seas for nuttin ya know....

Lolol Good stuff, keep it comin. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

In Far Cry 5, according to Digital Foundry Terrain and Volumetrics are the equivalent of low settings? Who woulda thunk? The console isn’t even a year old and already has to drop some settings to low to lock 30fps at 4K.

Honestly I would rather get lower resolution but higher quality assets. Oh well there’s the PC version for that.

Remember the days when some lemms claimed the xbox one X = a 1070GTX and even exceed it.

Tormentos remember..lol

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 tdkmillsy  Online

@tormentos said:
@Juub1990 said:

In Far Cry 5, according to Digital Foundry Terrain and Volumetrics are the equivalent of low settings? Who woulda thunk? The console isn’t even a year old and already has to drop some settings to low to lock 30fps at 4K.

Honestly I would rather get lower resolution but higher quality assets. Oh well there’s the PC version for that.

Remember the days when some lemms claimed the xbox one X = a 1070GTX and even exceed it.

Tormentos remember..lol

Some also said it was in between 1060 and 1070 and got shot down.

Yet here is another game showing that.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

Didn't you learned anything what Phil Spencer said almost a year later? The majority of console gamers don't give a damn about better framerates (60fps) and this gen, console gamers only care about raw resolutions, that's it! I mean, compared to the amount of people who really want 4K, the amount of people who want 60fps probably isn't that insignificant. There are gamers who just want to jump-in, play games and not care about framerates.

Xbox One X was always advertise as a raw resolution graphics whore, this isn't rocket scientist and any PC gamer saw this from the get-go!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 tormentos

@Xabiss said:

All I will say about this is the Xbox One X is running the game better at 4K then a 1060/580 and all for $500. Seems like a pretty damn good deal to me. Even DF said they could not make either card run the game at a locked 30FPS at ultra, Xbox One X settings, or even low settings. So what exactly is the problem? Seems to do pretty good for the price of the box. OP is just using dumb ass fanboy logic once again. Funny he picks on the Xbox One X but all of the other consoles run it even worse and not even a peep about those systems.

Loading Video...

That 1060GTX is running the game at 30FPS in 4k is not locked,but just like it drop to 29 and 28 it rise to 31 and 34FPS with most settings on medium including environments and texture filter on high.

But at $500 the xbox one X is making a great showing,i think what is holding it back is its CPU.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 tdkmillsy  Online

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

All I will say about this is the Xbox One X is running the game better at 4K then a 1060/580 and all for $500. Seems like a pretty damn good deal to me. Even DF said they could not make either card run the game at a locked 30FPS at ultra, Xbox One X settings, or even low settings. So what exactly is the problem? Seems to do pretty good for the price of the box. OP is just using dumb ass fanboy logic once again. Funny he picks on the Xbox One X but all of the other consoles run it even worse and not even a peep about those systems.

Loading Video...

That 1060GTX is running the game at 30FPS in 4k is not locked,but just like it drop to 29 and 28 it rise to 31 and 34FPS with most settings on medium including environments and texture filter on high.

But at $500 the xbox one X is making a great showing,i think what is holding it back is its CPU.

It drops to 26 and below in places and is locked so could go higher than 34FPS.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tormentos

@tdkmillsy said:

And drop below it as well,when you are on the 30+ frame rate line but you know you will not make even close to 60,you lock because those same spikes can make your game fall under 30,unlocked frames on any version would mean the possibility of drops below 30.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#136 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

dude if a GTX 1070 ti can't do 4k @ max settings then what makes you think a console that costs only $50 more can? Be honest with yourself...stop making these threads pretending to be dimwitted

Wasn't it demonstrated that the 1070, not even a ti, can run 4K ultra at 30fps locked?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Boy, do I remember catching metric tonnes of shit for saying that a console would need, at the bare minimum, 8tflops on current graphics architectures to call itself a "True 4k Console"... The crabwalking in this thread is fucking delicious!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 tdkmillsy  Online

@tormentos said:
@tdkmillsy said:

And drop below it as well,when you are on the 30+ frame rate line but you know you will not make even close to 60,you lock because those same spikes can make your game fall under 30,unlocked frames on any version would mean the possibility of drops below 30.

You answered my craply put statement with an even better craply put statement.

Nice one :)

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

@nomadic8280 said:
@quadknight said:
Loading Video...

? This video is so hilarious to watch now.

? @ “Its a beast”.

So many lies in one video.

They aren't competing against PC's. They're competing against "other consoles", with their console. As a console, it IS a beast. As a console, it DOES deliver the best resolutions and frame rates. They never said "4K, 60 FPS Ultra settings or go home, bitches!!" They at no point in this video showed Phil Spencer pounding a beer, belching and drunkenly slurring, "Bring on any PC, any PC at all, and this mother@$%#er will destroy it!!" They aren't trying to steer PC consumers away from PC's, these people all seem pretty intelligent and sane.

They marketed this thing to have "uncompromised power". When you make a loaded statement like that, you better believe people want to see if this thing is up to the challenge. And they purposely led by giving Digital Foundry Forza 7, a low-ceiling game that's misrepresentative of the experience you get with the product. People were screaming "4k/60" at the top of their lungs and crowed that PC gaming was dead. Then the thing came out, and the cracks started to show.

Phil Spencer said they weren't trying to compete with PC gaming, but that didn't stop the rest of the Xbox cronies like Aaron Greenberg and Mike Ybarra from going out touting that misleading Tomb Raider comparison that makes Xbox One X look like the best version. They know what they're doing, and it's bullshit.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 tdkmillsy  Online

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@nomadic8280 said:
@quadknight said:
Loading Video...

? This video is so hilarious to watch now.

? @ “Its a beast”.

So many lies in one video.

They aren't competing against PC's. They're competing against "other consoles", with their console. As a console, it IS a beast. As a console, it DOES deliver the best resolutions and frame rates. They never said "4K, 60 FPS Ultra settings or go home, bitches!!" They at no point in this video showed Phil Spencer pounding a beer, belching and drunkenly slurring, "Bring on any PC, any PC at all, and this mother@$%#er will destroy it!!" They aren't trying to steer PC consumers away from PC's, these people all seem pretty intelligent and sane.

They marketed this thing to have "uncompromised power". When you make a loaded statement like that, you better believe people want to see if this thing is up to the challenge. And they purposely led by giving Digital Foundry Forza 7, a low-ceiling game that's misrepresentative of the experience you get with the product. People were screaming "4k/60" at the top of their lungs and crowed that PC gaming was dead. Then the thing came out, and the cracks started to show.

Phil Spencer said they weren't trying to compete with PC gaming, but that didn't stop the rest of the Xbox cronies like Aaron Greenberg and Mike Ybarra from going out touting that misleading Tomb Raider comparison that makes Xbox One X look like the best version. They know what they're doing, and it's bullshit.

Anyone with a brain knew they where not competing with PC.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@GioVela2010 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Is that using TAA? Because that’s an extra 2.5% performance drop. The SLI benchmark from them doesn’t use TAA.

And last but not least, that’s not a FOunders Edition. The Founders Edition can be had for $440, every other 1070 is over $510

Where did you get that they turned off TAA in the SLI benchmark? They simply said TAA was enabled with Ultra.

Also lol @ the Founder's Edition comment. You really are getting desperate. Nobody buys that piece of crap any more.

97% percentile is the lowest 3%. A lot more representative than using the lowest 0.1%.

Seriously stop with this Xbox One X having the power of a 1070. It is a $500 box that has a graphics card that mimics the 580. It will never and I mean never touch the power of a 1070 and guess what that is okay. It was never attended to compete against a $500 video card. No way in hell Microsoft could of sold a box that could match the power of the 1070 with everything else they included and keep the price at $500. What you do get is a decent spec machine that can't be built in the PC space for the same price. They built some nice hardware and we should just all enjoy it for what it is.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

Loading Video...

I agree with that statement 100%. I honestly didn't think we would see an open world game running full 4K on this box from a 3rd party. The CPU will always hold back the box, but that is the case with all of the consoles right now. I hope the hardware makers get that right next time around.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10612 Posts

@Pedro:

Well ain't it a great thing that us people who plays on that "400 dollar sub 4k console" have other options (more games) than just FC5.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By GioVela2010

@Xabiss said:
@GioVela2010 said:
@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Seriously stop with this Xbox One X having the power of a 1070. It is a $500 box that has a graphics card that mimics the 580. It will never and I mean never touch the power of a 1070 and guess what that is okay. It was never attended to compete against a $500 video card. No way in hell Microsoft could of sold a box that could match the power of the 1070 with everything else they included and keep the price at $500. What you do get is a decent spec machine that can't be built in the PC space for the same price. They built some nice hardware and we should just all enjoy it for what it is.

But everything I just wrote proves it does.. in fact OP is now admiring as much...

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Juub1990
@GioVela2010 said:

But everything I just wrote proves it does.. in fact OP is now admiring as much...

Everything you wrote is from outdated benchmarks using flawed logic to piece together a false narrative. I asked you to find a benchmark from April 3rd or GTFO, you went back to an old benchmark from Kitguru that was using old drivers lol. The most recent analysis from DF and PCGamer proved the 1070 can handle the game at 4K/Ultra/30fps. You tried to cheat and still got destroyed. Now you have no HDR to fall back on.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

They marketed this thing to have "uncompromised power".

....For a console. What, they can't own true statements about their class of product? You know, the sun is probably the most powerful thing in our solar system. Maybe no one should use "power" to market anything that isn't the sun?

@tdkmillsy said:

Anyone with a brain knew they where not competing with PC.

And yet here we are, having these dumb conversations about how X1X measures up to PC.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

The most up to date test, DF, has 1070 at 30 locked on 4k Ultra. Latest vids show mid 40s when unlocked.

This is a non starter. He literally lost.

I'm curious to see 1070s performance with lower settings. 60 fps?

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By GioVela2010

@Juub1990 said:
@GioVela2010 said:

Where exactly are you getting the benchmark isn't using TAA? As soon as they hit 1440p/Ultra, TAA gets enabled lol.

The GTX 1070FE can be overclocked 12% easily

"The average performance advantage we experienced was 12% over default performance."

So let's do so math like you do. 25.6 +5%(drivers)+12%(overclock average)=30FPS average.

And that's with a garbage FE. So nah, nice try but GTFO.

Wrecked again. Are you even trying bro?

It’s clearly SMAA just like the SLI Benchmark

Notice the Matching results for single cards.

And I’m glad we’re now coming to an agreement that it’s about equal to a GTX 1070 FE, which is a $440 dollar GPU. (If comparing average frames to minimum lol)

You must be really proud that other stock GTX 1070’s can average 1-2 frames better @ 4K and equal settings.

game set and fucking match

No Caption Provided

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By Juub1990

@GioVela2010 said:

It’s clearly SMAA just like the SLI Benchmark

Notice the Matching results for single cards.

And I’m glad we’re now coming to an agreement that it’s about equal to a GTX 1070 FE, which is a $440 dollar GPU. (If comparing average frames to minimum lol)

You must be really proud that other stock GTX 1070’s can average 1-2 frames better @ 4K and equal settings.

game set and fucking match

And let's do some math. 2.5% performance drop results in 35.49 of frame rate average. Lowest 3% at 29.8fps lol. So the 1070 is at worst 30fps on Ultra. Nothing on Low.

18% higher on average despite using higher settings. If you dropped the settings to Xbox One X level, it'd be averaging in the 40's and dropping to the mid 30's.

Over and out.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44057 Posts

@GioVela2010:

My goodness, haven't you made the Pee Salty Seas salty as the Pacific? Keep it up and soon it's gonna be so salty I'll need to rename to the Pee Salty Dead Seas. lol :P