Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 9914 Posts

There is an asterisk for a reason but apparently, this game is next-gen only. It's not possible on the regular X1 or X1X apparently.

Has to be pretty CPU intensive for the X1X not to be able to run it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 1796 Posts

Didn't they say that for the first two years all sexbox games will be on the Xbone? This means the game isn't coming any time soon.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 6002 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Didn't they say that for the first two years all sexbox games will be on the Xbone? This means the game isn't coming any time soon.

That was for first party. Third party devs and pubs are free to do what they want.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51831 Posts

Here we go.

It's why I was skeptical about this. Microsoft's titles will be having this smart pass stuff. Third parties will choose, and they can't be bothered downgrading their games for the first bone, so I can see this happening more and more as the years pass.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7741 Posts

I predict that is total BS. Surely it could run on a half as powerful machine with some minor compromises to for example the resolution.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17386 Posts

I think there is confusion here, 'Medium' is the setting at which series x games will run compared to the PC version of multiplats.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990

@Sushiglutton: The GPU of the X1X is less than half as powerful and the CPU is like 4x slower.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 7741 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

@Sushiglutton: The GPU of the X1X is less than half as powerful and the CPU is like 4x slower.

But if you compare the recommended and minimum specs for a pc game isn’t the difference typically larger than that?

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Juub1990

@Sushiglutton: For the GPU sure but for the CPU? The X1X is like the equivalent to an i3.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39522 Posts

Console exclusives are a thing, again?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 40274 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Console exclusives are a thing, again?

It never stopped being a thing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By deactivated-5efed3ebc2180
Member since 2006 • 923 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:
@Juub1990 said:

But if you compare the recommended and minimum specs for a pc game isn’t the difference typically larger than that?

Minimum PC specs stand for "well, it can lauch the executable..." and recommended is more of "playble, just don't expect much".

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Juub1990
@WESTBLADE said:

Minimum PC specs stand for "well, it can lauch the executable..." and recommended is more of "playble, just don't expect much".

Eh no. Minimum specs is the lowest standard resolution at 30fps. Recommended is the mainstream resolution at 30/60fps. Often times minimum specs are vastly inflated and you can get 1080p/30fps/high settings with the minimum hardware.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@Juub1990 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

Eh no. Minimum specs is the lowest standard resolution at 30fps. Recommended is the mainstream resolution at 30/60fps. Often times minimum specs are vastly inflated and you can get 1080p/30fps/high settings with the minimum hardware.

That's what i just said.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Juub1990
@WESTBLADE said:

That's what i just said.

"launch the executable" is a far cry from actually playing and 1080p/30/60/high-medium is pretty good. So nah.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@Juub1990 said:
@WESTBLADE said:

That's what i just said.

"launch the executable" is a far cry from actually playing and 1080p/30/60/high-medium is pretty good. So nah.

Sarcasm, ever heard of that?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 3963 Posts

@tenaka2 said:

I think there is confusion here, 'Medium' is the setting at which series x games will run compared to the PC version of multiplats.

This.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5efed3ebc2180

@pc_rocks said:
@tenaka2 said:

This.

...and lower than low for first party...

Hi.
Hi.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36930 Posts

If your talking about how MS planned to have their first party games be on both XB1 and Series X, that's their thing, third parties can do what they want.

Anyhow, excited Blooper Team is not only making new MS exclusive but also upgrading Observer but curious if that'll get Smart Delivery upgrade or require a repurchase due to additional content, I might double dip but if MS is paying them to make an exclusive would be nice if they got them to do Observer with Smart Delivery.

Also, while I liked Blooper Teams first Layers of Fear and Observer, they seem to struggle with optimization on all their systems. Blair Witch and Layers of Fear 2 managed better than previous games when I played them on the XB1X, in terms of performance, but I get feeling they developed those too close together because both seemed rushed and not as good as their other games in terms of design.

I don't think it's really an issue though whether the XB1X can handle such a game like The Medium, but the devs, though I like them, have optimization issues, I think anybody who has played any of their earlier games might know this. Probably better for optimization though if they only one system to worry about, and I plan on getting a Series X so not worried about it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 blueinheaven  Online
Member since 2008 • 4982 Posts

I feel obligated to step in here and crush any hint of excitement at this game since I played Blair Witch (I love the movies) and they were so completely and utterly bereft of ideas as to how to transfer the feeling of dread and foreboding in the movies into a videogame that they said aha, let's give them a dog.

A fucking dog. The entire game is spent following the dog around who sniffs out clues and warns you of danger. Does that sound like a classic Blair Witch experience? No? Well I wonder why that is.

It is a terrible game and given the excellent source material that should give you a clue at just how incompetent they are. Of course this is my own personal take on the matter. Feel to disagree and make yourself look a complete idiot. Free world etc.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 1712 Posts

@tenaka2: poop

dxmcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dxmcat
Member since 2007 • 3158 Posts

same bullshit they shovel out every new gen "ZOGMS NOT POSSIBRU B4!!!!"

pathetic

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6922 Posts

@blueinheaven: I agree with most of what you're saying, but excellentent source material? Blair Witch is sorta garbage.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

I predict that is total BS. Surely it could run on a half as powerful machine with some minor compromises to for example the resolution.

At the same clock speed, Zen 2 is up to 4X over Jaguar i.e.

Zen 2 has four 256 bit SIMD units (two FADD, two FMUL/FMAC) while Jaguar has two 128bit SIMD units (one FADD, one FMUL).

Each Zen 2 core can process 32 FP32 data elements per clock cycle, hence at 3.8 Ghz, it yields 121 GFLOPS. 8 cores yield 968‬ GFLOPS via 256 bit AVX 2.

Each Jaguar core can process 8 FP32 data elements per clock cycle, hence at 2.3 Ghz, it yields 18.4 GFLOPS. 8 cores yield 147.2 GFLOPS via 128 bit SSE4 or AVX-128 subset.

Avatar image for pinkribbonscars
PinkRibbonScars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PinkRibbonScars
Member since 2019 • 951 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

I feel obligated to step in here and crush any hint of excitement at this game since I played Blair Witch (I love the movies) and they were so completely and utterly bereft of ideas as to how to transfer the feeling of dread and foreboding in the movies into a videogame that they said aha, let's give them a dog.

A fucking dog. The entire game is spent following the dog around who sniffs out clues and warns you of danger. Does that sound like a classic Blair Witch experience? No? Well I wonder why that is.

It is a terrible game and given the excellent source material that should give you a clue at just how incompetent they are. Of course this is my own personal take on the matter. Feel to disagree and make yourself look a complete idiot. Free world etc.

I haven't played Blair Witch yet, but you should check out Observer. It's pretty good

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blueinheaven  Online

@vfighter said:

@blueinheaven: I agree with most of what you're saying, but excellentent source material? Blair Witch is sorta garbage.

The first one pretty much kickstarted the whole found footage thing. I liked the second one too. I have a thing for dodgy horror films though. I still think the concept should have led to a far better game than the dross they came up with.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 14415 Posts

Can't they just scale it down? I was told it was easy to just scale things down...

It's likely that they're trying to do something different that takes advantage of the SSD and it won't work on X1X or XBO and less to do with graphical performance. Perhaps the game will be designed around no loading screens and changing between worlds on the fly which will require assets to be streamed in instantly.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Zero_epyon
@blueinheaven said:

I tried that game on gamepass and it ran pretty bad. When I got it to run well enough, the game gave me a headache for some reason. I didn't get passed the first clue.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blueinheaven  Online

@Zero_epyon said:
@blueinheaven said:

I tried that game on gamepass and it ran pretty bad. When I got it to run well enough, the game gave me a headache for some reason. I didn't get passed the first clue.

It was a difficult game to play for sure. I tried to persevere with it but just couldn't get past the entire game being designed around the dog. I felt the dog was playing the game while I tagged along lol.

It just wasn't a good game and nobody was more disappointed than me, I'd love a good (or even half decent) Blair Witch game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zero_epyon

@blueinheaven said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@blueinheaven said:

It was a difficult game to play for sure. I tried to persevere with it but just couldn't get past the entire game being designed around the dog. I felt the dog was playing the game while I tagged along lol.

It just wasn't a good game and nobody was more disappointed than me, I'd love a good (or even half decent) Blair Witch game.

yeah I figured the dog would play that role. It's like they knew players wouldn't be able to find squat in those levels lol

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zero_epyon

@Juub1990 said:

@Sushiglutton: For the GPU sure but for the CPU? The X1X is like the equivalent to an i3.

I don't think it has anything to do with CPU and GPU resources. They're likely talking about level design and gameplay mechanics focused around the SSD. Apparently you can switch between different realities so they'll be counting on that SSD to swap assets when you do so without loading screens.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Juub1990
@Zero_epyon said:

I don't think it has anything to do with CPU and GPU resources. They're likely talking about level design and gameplay mechanics focused around the SSD. Apparently you can switch between different realities so they'll be counting on that SSD to swap assets when you do so without loading screens.

Pretty cool if that's the case. Will need an SSD for PC then.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 8095 Posts

Wait what? Does it announced on PS5 as well? Ain't Phil advocate games to be played everywhere? Backtracking already I see.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:

That game was not good but there other games were.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
@Zero_epyon said:
@Juub1990 said:

"The Medium" uses Unreal Engine 4 with raytracing build.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-xbox-series-x-showcase-featured-two-games-that/1100-6477029/

Both games will not be available on the Xbox One, instead launching on the Xbox Series X and Windows 10 on the PC. According to the Scorn Kickstarer, the developers found picking the Xbox Series X as the release console to be an easy choice, citing the hardware as their main motivation. Scorn will also be released on Steam, Windows Store, and GOG for the PC.

Bloober's The Medium will be an Xbox Series X exclusive, with 4k resolution, ray-tracing technology, and SSD for a single, seemliness cinematic experience without any loading screens. According to Xbox Wire, the main reasons behind why The Medium is elusive to the new system will remain a surprise for now.

Besides SSD, "The Medium" will also use raytracing technology.

4K performance runtime target is based on XSX's GPU power and hardware features, and XSX's SSD with decompression.

This is another UE4 based game for XSX joining Gears 5, Hellblade II, Fable 4 (new team allocated) and 'etc'.

UE4 based games are dominating MS's games lineup.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#36  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 3946 Posts

This game is exclusive to Xbox Series X?

Edit: Nvm, it's on steam as well.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1293160/The_Medium/

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zero_epyon

@remiks00: it means it won’t be on Xbox one or X.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 31563 Posts

@Juub1990 said:

There is an asterisk for a reason but apparently, this game is next-gen only. It's not possible on the regular X1 or X1X apparently.

Has to be pretty CPU intensive for the X1X not to be able to run it.

Impossible..

Widely regared developer @Pedro and several of its faction friends told me there is nothing you can do one xbox Series X and PS5 that could not be done on this gen machines.

So the xbox and PS5 could take full advantage of its hardware while sharing all its games with current gen.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blueinheaven  Online

@Pedro said:
@blueinheaven said:

That game was not good but there other games were.

I'm not that familiar with their games. Didn't they do Layers of Fear? That was well received. I seem to remember seeing it on Game Pass, I might go have a look see if my super low expectations of their future work changes somewhat.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 8370 Posts

@Pedro:

Depends on who's in the conversation.

x_hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#41 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 335 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

No, they said none of that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Pedro

@blueinheaven said:

I'm not that familiar with their games. Didn't they do Layers of Fear? That was well received. I seem to remember seeing it on Game Pass, I might go have a look see if my super low expectations of their future work changes somewhat.

I have played Layers of Fear and that was decent. I started Observer but I wasn't in the mood for that type of game at the time. I may have to go back to it. Blair Witch on the other hand was just too bad for me to continue playing.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon

@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Actually, they did! But they meant first party games.

x_hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 335 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

Actually, no he didn't.

https://www.mcvuk.com/business-news/we-need-to-deliver-on-the-promises-that-we-make-xbox-game-studios-matt-booty-on-the-future-of-xbox/

In January, which was 5 months ago, he said:

"As our content comes out over the next year, two years, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,” Booty explains. “We want to make sure that if someone invests in Xbox between now and [Series X] that they feel that they made a good investment and that we’re committed to them with content.”

So that is content coming out over the next year, two years from January. Well, it's May now. 12 months - 5 months = 7 months. So as of today, the next 7 to 19 months, their content will work on the Series X and Xbox One. If Xbox Series X releases this October or November, that means we will have 2 months to 14 months of overlap.

At no point did he say "As our content comes out over the next year, two years AFTER the release of the Xbox Series X, all of our games, sort of like PC, will play up and down that family of devices,”

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Pedro

@Zero_epyon said:
@x_hedon said:
@hardwenzen said:

They did not say "ALL Series X games will be on the Xbox One".

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7224 Posts

CONSOLE exclusive!...

Xbox doesn't have exclusives anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Pedro

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

CONSOLE exclusive!...

Its almost like you didn't read the title.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 731 Posts

I'm getting it for my PC, lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7224 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

CONSOLE exclusive!...

Its almost like you didn't read the title.

ALMOST?... LOL, I didn't. I am lock down drinking baby.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6046 Posts

Seeing as though this is by far the game I was most interested in from their show this isn't a bad thing at all. Gives me my first actual reason to support a launch purchase of the new Xbox.. even if this isn't a launch game (which it probably isn't). I'm not even a huge horror fan, but I always loved Silent Hill and I got strong vibes from that franchise. Add in the composer from SH and sure why not?