The Mass Effect bashing is funny because...

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 colmusterd28
Member since 2006 • 2854 Posts

Its like the last act of a desperate man.... Cows with nothing good to talk about, because their dealing with the realization that Sony tricked them into buying a $600 pet rock, are now turning thier sights on the next 360 AAA possibly AAAA.

My favorite is when they say it looks boring... yeah, like anybody is believing that. If you've even sniffed Knights of the Old Republic and looked at this game than boring is the last thing coming to anyones mind.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
Mass Effect? More like Massive Downgrade! Ha!
therealmcc0y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 therealmcc0y
Member since 2007 • 2115 Posts
Mass Effect is the only good game on the 360
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

*Phew* So I can bash ME since I wasn't 'tricked' into buying something. I'm glad that my attention on this possible AAAA candidate is approved by your own logic.

Not no cow, no PS3. Game looks like trash in the new pictures. :lol: Oh my god, I never thought it looked good to begin with. Especially the soulness garbage that comprises just about every characters upper body. Textures always looked bad to me, nothing particular interesting from an artistic perspective ((obviously subjective)).. Damn, I could go on but you get the point.

D0013ER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 D0013ER
Member since 2007 • 3765 Posts

Its like the last act of a desperate man.... Cows with nothing good to talk about, because their dealing with the realization that Sony tricked them into buying a $600 pet rock, are now turning thier sights on the next 360 AAA possibly AAAA.

colmusterd28

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? Gamespot may have another Ratchet and Clank up their sleeve...

KillaHalo2o9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KillaHalo2o9
Member since 2006 • 5305 Posts

Mass Effect is the only good game on the 360therealmcc0y

You are a Cow.

JPOBS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JPOBS
Member since 2007 • 9675 Posts
Mass Effect must be made of granite cuz it is going to rock me.
jeaglegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jeaglegs
Member since 2004 • 1017 Posts
Are they still selling the PS3? I thought they were onlydusty decorations for store shelves.
Baird-06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Baird-06
Member since 2006 • 3511 Posts

I own PS3 & 360...and those personality quiz type games like K.O.T.R. & Jade Empire are gay Maybe they're good to people who have a ton of time to blow, but for me those are incredibly boring.iLiveBy2words

Yes... those kinds of games are just sooo gay :roll:

darkmagician06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 darkmagician06
Member since 2003 • 6060 Posts
rofl?
Avatar image for XenogearsMaster
XenogearsMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XenogearsMaster
Member since 2007 • 3175 Posts

Freaking hilarious.

xTHExJUICEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xTHExJUICEx
Member since 2007 • 3126 Posts
What the....you havent been banned yet?
Demetri_OS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Demetri_OS
Member since 2006 • 2514 Posts
Mass Effect? More like Massive Downgrade! Ha!smokeydabear076

Not on par of Lair though. 
Not-A-Stalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Not-A-Stalker
Member since 2006 • 5165 Posts

My favorite is when they say it looks boring... yeah, like anybody is believing that. If you've even sniffed Knights of the Old Republic and looked at this game than boring is the last thing coming to anyones mind.

colmusterd28

Yeah whats with that! Opinions?! Not in my System Wars!

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 colmusterd28

*Phew* So I can bash ME since I wasn't 'tricked' into buying something. I'm glad that my attention on this possible AAAA candidate is approved by your own logic.

Not no cow, no PS3. Game looks like trash in the new pictures. :lol: Oh my god, I never thought it looked good to begin with. Especially the soulness garbage that comprises just about every characters upper body. Textures always looked bad to me, nothing particular interesting from an artistic perspective ((obviously subjective)).. Damn, I could go on but you get the point.

inertk

actually I don't, if you've ever played KOTOR or Jade empire you wouldn't be bashing Mass Effect. millions of gamers can agree with that statement. Not that KOTOR and JE don't have specific flaws but the games are incredible in every respect. This will carry over into the Mass Effect neck of the woods.

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"]

D0013ER

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, shall we? Gamespot may have another Ratchet and Clank up their sleeve...

Mass Effect awards:

2007 Game Critics AwardsBest Console Game: E3 2007

2007 Game Critics AwardsBest in Show E3 2007: Game of the Show
IGNGame of E3 2007: Best Game of E3
CVGBest of E3 2007: Best of E3
ShackNewsE3 2007 Game of the Show: Game of the Show

Evil AvatarWinner: Best RPG: Winner: Best RPG
TeamXboxBest of E3 2007: Game of the Show

MeristationWinner: Best Overall Game: Winner: Best Overall Game
CinemaBlend GamesBest RPG: Best RPG
KotakuBest 360 Game E3 2007: Best 360 Game E3 2007
IGNWinner: Best RPG: Winner: Best RPG
GameDailyBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show - 360
PressStart BlogBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best RPG
Team XboxBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show - RPG
PressStart BlogBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show
PressStart BlogBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Xbox 360 Game
Team XboxBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Technological Excellence (Runner Up)
IGN Xbox 360Best of E3 2006: Best Role Playing Game of Show

Game Critics AwardsBest of E3 2006 - Editors Pick: The Best of the Best: Favorite Pick
Amazon.comBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best 360 Game

1UP.comBest of E3 2006: Top 10 Games of E3
Salt Lake TribuneBest of E3 2006: Top 10 Games of E3
Xbox EvolvedBest of E3 2006: Top 10 Games of E3

The Mercury NewsBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Sound (Runner Up)

Team XboxBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Role-Playing Game (Runner Up)
IGN Xbox 360Best of E3 06: Xbox 360

Games RadarBest of E3 06 Awards: Best RPG
rGameHelperE3 06 Editor's Choice: Best Stage Demo (Finalist)
GameSpotE3 06 Editor's Choice: Best RPG (Finalist)
tGameSpotBest of E3 2006 Awards: Game of the Show (Runner Up)
1UP.comNod Awards: E3 2006
yGameDailyBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show: Xbox 360
Daily GameBest of E3 2006 Awards: Game of the Show
CV GamesBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of E3 2006 - Microsoft (Runner Up)
CV GamesBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show: Overall
Daily GameBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best of Show: RPG

Daily GameBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Overall Xbox 360 Game (Runner Up)

IGN Xbox 360E3 06 Editor's Choice: Best Xbox 360 Game (Finalist)
GameSpotBest of E3 2006 Awards: Game of the Show (Runner Up)
IGNBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Graphics Technology
IGN Xbox 360Best of E3 2006 Awards: Most Innovative Design
IGN Xbox 360Best of E3 2006 Awards: Best Artistic Design (Runner Up)
IGN Xbox 360Best of E3 2006 Awards: Console Game of the Show (Runner Up)
IGNBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Graphics Technology (Runner Up)
IGNAnnual E3 Awards: 2006: Best RPG
GameSpyAnnual E3 Awards: 2006: Top 10 Console Games
GameSpyBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Role-Playing Game
GameTrailers.comBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best Role-Playing Game (Runner Up)
IGNBest of E3 2006 Awards: Best RPG (Runner Up)
1UP.comBest of E3 2006: Bronze Award
PrimotechBest of E3 2006: Best of E3
Life Teen

I doubt it!!!

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts
Mass Effect graphically doesn't appear too overwhelming and I don't expect it to as a huge rpg stuck on a dvd. I'm still interested in mass effect and jealous of its current exclusivity. I'm a cow but I know a quality title when I see one and I want ME on ps3. *Crosses fingers and Hopes for EA to farm it out or make GOTY edition for ps3*.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

So the 360 has been able to outsell the PS3, with no good games, hardware problems, and little to no brand name?

berga52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 berga52
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

colmusterd28

Mass Effect is one of my most anticipated games this year. As strange as it may seem though, after reading Game Informer's review (9.75), it actually made me think it could get below a 9 here. All of the negative stuff they pointed out with the game they just disregarded because they were so blown away by the world in the game and the conversations. I don't think GameSpot will be as lenient as Game Informer was when it comes to the faults with the game. They rarely ever are.

http://www.n4g.com/M/8/Images//74000/74437.jpg

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

@ D0013er

Look closely.. I think youll find some awards in there from Gamespot!!!

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
So a game that will be good enough to have a trilogy and was a major reason a big games publisher spent 860 is crap eh? and when its stablemates include Baldurs Gate, KOTOR,Dragons Age and Jade Empire? People are getting sillier and sillier in system wars, I've been seeing 'Movie Effect', read the Gamespot preview for Uncharted the game they are in turn hyping to beat Mass Effect, not only generic but also movie-like.
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Mmmmhmmm Sarcasm and massive ownage in one thread! I must be in Heaven.
-PS360-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 -PS360-
Member since 2007 • 817 Posts
those "downgrades" pics you see are prolly low res (prolyl SD) becuase if you have seen any real mass effect videoso n an actual tv or normal/hi res screenshots you would see different
inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

colmusterd28

actually I don't, if you've ever played KOTOR or Jade empire you wouldn't be bashing Mass Effect. millions of gamers can agree with that statement. Not that KOTOR and JE don't have specific flaws but the games are incredible in every respect. This will carry over into the Mass Effect neck of the woods.

Please.

I've played both, haven't completed Jade Empire. Didn't feel the drive to be honest, completed Kotor. So now what? Am I not allowed to have my own opinion of the game, irregardless of these two? Couldn't those two games actually *gasp* form my opinion of ME+Bioware as a whole?

No, that's impossible. :roll: Lemmings make me laugh.

But damn, you can't understand how someone can't LIKE a game you happen to like? Are you that narrow minded?

colmusterd28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 colmusterd28

Mass Effect graphically doesn't appear too overwhelming and I don't expect it to as a huge rpg stuck on a dvd. I'm still interested in mass effect and jealous of its current exclusivity. I'm a cow but I know a quality title when I see one and I want ME on ps3. *Crosses fingers and Hopes for EA to farm it out or make GOTY edition for ps3*. jyoung312

there is one honest cow in the world...

I believe ME is slated for over 40 hours of gameplay and graphically KOTOR and Jade weren't eye melting, it was more about atmosphere...

H8s2spooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 H8s2spooge
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzosc2O9rmQ

Looks really good... especially the AI. LOL I think that alien IS taking a piss!

Why would you make this thread? I mean, who are you trying to convince here Colonel?

You know in the time it took you to create that message oldschool, you could have like... done something else?
Avatar image for mistervengeance
mistervengeance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 mistervengeance
Member since 2006 • 6769 Posts
i played kotor 1 and 2, but i have to say this game looks damn stupid. the book was good though.
OXIIIIXO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 OXIIIIXO
Member since 2006 • 2337 Posts

colmusterd28

Once again a thread by colmusterd28 without a valid argument, you give SW a bad name.

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts

colmusterd28

600 dollar pet rock.. That is so true!

jyoung312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jyoung312
Member since 2003 • 4971 Posts

[QUOTE="jyoung312"]Mass Effect graphically doesn't appear too overwhelming and I don't expect it to as a huge rpg stuck on a dvd. I'm still interested in mass effect and jealous of its current exclusivity. I'm a cow but I know a quality title when I see one and I want ME on ps3. *Crosses fingers and Hopes for EA to farm it out or make GOTY edition for ps3*. colmusterd28

there is one honest cow in the world...

I believe ME is slated for over 40 hours of gameplay and graphically KOTOR and Jade weren't eye melting, it was more about atmosphere...

Thank you. It is nice to be respect for once as a gamer, after all, whether you are a cow, lemming, sheep, or hermitt we all love games and should be able to appreciate great games regardless of platform. But this is system wars and we all have limited budgets, so we have to make choices and for me that choice was with sony bc I enjoy their first party titles and believe in their track record and understand what the ps3 does for gaming in the future. I respect lemmings if they choose their system bc it has the games they want, as long as they don't bash me. I'm a cow sure because I like the ps3 and dislike MS but I respect the 360 as a gaming machine with some great games that i'd like to see on ps3.
Art_424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Art_424
Member since 2004 • 1745 Posts

Ignorance at its best!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

wait..i got it..did you lose a SW bet? :lol:

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

inertk

Did you see "those" screens? Can you read? :|

ApocalypseXIVV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 ApocalypseXIVV
Member since 2004 • 1988 Posts

inertk

those pictures werent the current build, unless the current build says "need to rebuild lighting" in the top corner for the gamers to know what needs to be worked on

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]Mass Effect? More like Massive Downgrade! Ha!lawlessx

wait..i got it..did you lose a SW bet? :lol:

No, just wondering if the TC was going to laugh.
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

More like Mass delusional. Ha!

Sparky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sparky04
Member since 2006 • 3390 Posts
I would say just ignore anyone who bashes it because remember when those really bad pictures were released in April and everyone claimed downgrade when it was really just an unfinished area. I'm willing to bet those were no the golden version of the game.
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
mass effect will be the best game on the 360 to date it has been out for almost 2 years now, the ps3 is coming up on one and by this time next year the ps3 will tons of games
i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
wows have uncharted to talk about it,and its looking amazing.
squallff8_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 squallff8_fan
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

colmusterd28

I believe this game will be a hit for the xbox 360, especially with all the hype and all for the game but seriously after looking at those new photos of the game, u have to admit, those are massive downgrades from what we have seen early on. I mean damn just looking at the COD4 shots for the ps3 version looks levels beyond mass effect in terms of graphics from the late photos we have seen.

Another thing id like to add, is Mass Effect and Uncharted Drakes Fortune are releasing around the same date but one thing I have seen about these 2 games in terms of graphics is everytime I seen new pics of Uncharted the graphics just kept improving, while mass effect on the other hand looks to like fade away as the final product is coming around. I still think mass effect will look great but damn those 149 new photos was a total downgrade for the game, as for Uncharted, I just cant stop thinking of how good this game has came along and I can honestly say that Uncharted>>>Mass Effect, graphically. And Gameplay wise looks alot funner. Not trying to be mean but its the sad truth.

the_jetimaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 the_jetimaster
Member since 2005 • 427 Posts

i dont like ur display.... I HATE THAT DUDE LIKE! RAAAAAAAAAAAWRRRRRRRRR i HATE IT MAN ima go nuts if i see it again T_T.anyways about the topic mass effect its not a downgrade u just see it like that BECAUSE U PS3 fanboy u will always gonna say that the X360 games are crap that they are a flop and u have to accept something bioware always do good games.and i have a question. ¿the 360 games are a failure?¿or just the Ps3 ones and thats y u will keep bashing the 360 games? bb good night i hate ur DP

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts
I own PS3 & 360...and those personality quiz type games like K.O.T.R. & Jade Empire are gay Maybe they're good to people who have a ton of time to blow, but for me those are incredibly boring.iLiveBy2words
You need to take a serious look at your life...
Avatar image for VividScientific
VividScientific

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 VividScientific
Member since 2003 • 1871 Posts
MASS EFFECT WILL BE 2007 GOTY. All you graphics whores and naysayers will be silenced in 19 days.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

Its like the last act of a desperate man.... Lemmings with nothing good to talk about, because their dealing with the realization that Microsoft tricked them into buying a $300 pet rock, are now turning thier sights on the next PC AAA possibly AAAA.

My favorite is when they say it looks boring... yeah, like anybody is believing that. If you've even sniffed the Demo or Beta and looked at this game than boring is the last thing coming to anyones mind.

colmusterd28

W00t look what I did ^

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
The only thing that seems scray is the gameplay...even GI said some things were bad about it. Plus no lightsabers :(...still wanna play it though.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30848 Posts
[QUOTE="colmusterd28"][QUOTE="inertk"]

inertk

Please.

I've played both, haven't completed Jade Empire. Didn't feel the drive to be honest, completed Kotor. So now what? Am I not allowed to have my own opinion of the game, irregardless of these two? Couldn't those two games actually *gasp* form my opinion of ME+Bioware as a whole?

No, that's impossible. :roll: Lemmings make me laugh.

But damn, you can't understand how someone can't LIKE a game you happen to like? Are you that narrow minded?

I agree that everyone should have their own opinions. As a mature gamer I'd personally rather be skinned alive than have to sit through a Final Fantasy or a MGS game. God knows how anyone thinks these are masterpieces of the gaming industry.
frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#48 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts
[QUOTE="inertk"]

colmusterd28

personally i thought KOTOR and Jade empire sucked gorrila balls dipped in rino dung. but that is just me. I had a lot of freinsd that enjoyed KOTOR btu no one i know liked jade empire. i tried to like it because i thought it was a cool idea but i just could not get into it. but that does not mean i am no interested in mass effect. i have the collectors edition reserved and paid off at gamestop and i cant wait for the 20th. while i did not like there previous games i really feel that i am going to enjoy mass effect. the more star trek direction i feel will be better than the starwars direction and wierd burce lee is a magician direction they have gone before. i cant wait for galaxy and effect back to back! going to be a good month.

Baurus_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Baurus_1
Member since 2007 • 804 Posts
IMO, most turn-based games (no matter how good the graphics) are just plain boring.
PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts
IMO, most turn-based games (no matter how good the graphics) are just plain boring.Baurus_1
Yeah that turn based combat is really dragging Mass Effect down :roll:.