The Last Story and Xenoblade will be very Rare and Sought After Games.

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#1 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Seeing how both Games it seems got a LOT of Attention over the Past 3 years on these boards and Video Game Websites, it seems that's all they got.

I don't watch TV much, but I don't exactly see The Last Story Trailers playing or Xenoblade Trailers. There were advertisements at Gamestop for Xenoblade, but The Last Story every Gamestop Employee was like "Wut? Oh did you see the New Assassin's Creed Trailer?"

and just by Judging VGCharts (inb4 LOL VGCHARTS, Can it, It's the only source for Both of These Games Sales numbers, so unless you have something more creditable I'm all ears.) These Games have actually sold fairly poorly across the GLOBE.

With a Total coming to 708,368 units for Xenoblade (worldwide) and The Last Story only 281,831 (worldwide, not counting US Numbers cause it's barely been out a week).

sources for both Here and Here

Now Xenoblade 708,368 units isn't bad, but this is for a game that has been out for Nearly THREE YEARS. The US Sales back in April Alone Out sold whatever was sold in Europe AND Japan. That's nuts! but has it sold anymore than that? Well after it's Initial Release, doubtful. There's no more advertisements for the Game at Gamestop, I don't see it on the "Used" shelves there so people must be keeping them and the only copies I see are in the Shelve behind the counter and there's only 2 copies in it.

So what does this make for Xenoblade? Since this game is a Gamestop/Nintendo only game it's possible (for the America anyway) that these games were only Limited Print and once they're gone, They're Gone. So a few years down the line, unless you get lucky and see it on the Used Shelves or find it Online, you're probably have a bad time finding a copy.

The Last Story has sold significantly less than Xenoblade, except according to VGCharts, It sold more.

But like I said, It doesn't seem to have gotten ANY advertisements so just about every sale for this game is probably going to be by ear. Either someone Heard it from a Friend or saw the Case and thought "Hey, this ought to be good."

So right off the bat, unless you've heard about this game before (it wasn't even at E3 mind you) Online or whatever, You probably would not even have known of the Game's Existence so The Sales I predict are going to ABYSMAL.

;TLDR;(aka the closure)

So what about Xenoblade and The Last Story?

Well these games are what I think are the BEST Games for The Wii, They are the Games you've been wanting since the Console Released, They are the Games that have the kind of Quality you WANTED for the Wii. They aren't Half Craped or Poorly made, These ARE AAA Quality Games that the Wii NEEDS, but didn't get!

Sadly (speaking for my part of the country for the least) Because these games AREN'T on The Xbox 360 or PS3 they are probably going to be Overlooked and Be on the "Great Games that YOU NEVER PLAYED" lists, and Possibly be on the Rare Lists and might just be some of the most sought after. You can't really say that for any game on the Xbox 360 or PS3.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts
Lotsa Wii games will end up as rare and sought after. Hardcore Wii games usually didn't sell well even if they were good.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
i wish i can buy TLS.... Hate living in korea, so hard to get video games.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
i wish i can buy TLS.... Hate living in korea, so hard to get video games.
Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

Xenoblade was pirated almost million times since it came to US 1 year late and the crappy console is region locked

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

Xenoblade was pirated almost million times since it came to US 1 year late and the crappy console is region locked

Zurrur

have you got proof to back up this preposterous claim or are you just mooing like you always do.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

i wish i can buy TLS.... Hate living in korea, so hard to get video games.IAmNot_fun

I use to live not far from the Yongsan Electronics Market. There was no problem getting games there.

Zurrur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zurrur
Member since 2009 • 1701 Posts

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

razgriz_101

have you got proof to back up this preposterous claim or are you just mooing like you always do.

Yes http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=457318

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

razgriz_101

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/12/31/heres-the-most-pirated-games-of-2011/ There was even a gamespot article on it, I believe.
Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
I want them, but I feel like its just because they're rare. They do look fantastic, but nothing I reaaaalllly want.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Zurrur

More Wii pirates then 360 pirates? The hell?
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LegatoSkyheart

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Zurrur

but you see here, Most of the Pirated games on the Other Systems have boat load of Sales anyway, So What's stopping a Game like The Last Story getting the Same Treatment. Other Than the fact it isn't on one of those "HD Systems."

Physical Copies > Digital Copies

A Collector's Edition of Lunar 2 is quite a valuable item to have than just downloading it on the PSN Store.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

LegatoSkyheart

but you see here, Most of the Pirated games on the Other Systems have boat load of Sales anyway, So What's stopping a Game like The Last Story getting the Same Treatment. Other Than the fact it isn't on one of those "HD Systems."

A Collector's Edition of Lunar 2 is quite a valuable item to have than just downloading it on the PSN Store.

well ya see, Nintendo didn't even want to bring Xenoblade and The last story over to the states until fans requested and requested it. It takes alot of money to localize something and make a physical copy. They don't want to localize something unless they know it will be a sure fire thing. These companies do look at these pirate numbers.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="LegatoSkyheart"]

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Chris_Williams

well ya see, Nintendo didn't even want to bring Xenoblade and The last story over to the states until fans requested and requested it. It takes alot of money to localize something and make a physical copy. They don't want to localize something unless they know it will be a sure fire thing. These companies do look at these pirate numbers.

and at the same time these initially pirated numbers will have a knock on effect in the future, because of their own lack of patience these people may shoot themselves in the foot in the future.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LegatoSkyheart

well ya see, Nintendo didn't even want to bring Xenoblade and The last story over to the states until fans requested and requested it. It takes alot of money to localize something and make a physical copy. They don't want to localize something unless they know it will be a sure fire thing. These companies do look at these pirate numbers.Chris_Williams

Well then, the point here then is that the "Proof" Shown was at a point most Gamers gave up the fact it probably wasn't going to come overseas.

The Games are out NOW. Why the pitiful Sale Numbers?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

There are quite a few games on both the PS3 and 360 that fall into this category as well.

You're right, from a collector's perspective, that games like these will not see a re-printing and should be bought up while supplies last. I'm always searching for titles like that.

TommyBarban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TommyBarban
Member since 2012 • 653 Posts

In twenty years time I will still have those two copies brand new and sealed, they will be relics of an old age and you can get them from me, for a high price!

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chris_Williams

[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]well ya see, Nintendo didn't even want to bring Xenoblade and The last story over to the states until fans requested and requested it. It takes alot of money to localize something and make a physical copy. They don't want to localize something unless they know it will be a sure fire thing. These companies do look at these pirate numbers.LegatoSkyheart

Well then, the point here then is that the "Proof" Shown was at a point most Gamers gave up the fact it probably wasn't going to come overseas.

The Games are out NOW. Why the pitiful Sale Numbers?

lol, these aren't shooters or a third person shooters or something like that, these are japanese rpg's unless your name is Final Fantasy, don't expect to be super big here in the States. Rpg's use to be very big back in the day but now they are a niche market.
KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

I think I'll get them both, though I can't justify paying full price.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

Chris_Williams

http://mynintendonews.com/2011/12/31/heres-the-most-pirated-games-of-2011/ There was even a gamespot article on it, I believe.

completely off topic YOUR SIG...:lol::lol::lol:

back on topic, thats messed up xenobalde chronicles needs to be supported so we can have more JRPGs like it being made

Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts

Zurrur
you can easily play region-locked games on a Wii console without physically altering your hardware. I imported and have played xenoblade, sin and punishment: star successor, ikenie no yoru, milestone shooting collection 2, and fatal frame 4.
Mario1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Mario1331
Member since 2005 • 8929 Posts

i have them both:)

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Xenoblade will be, TLS? Idk.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
I'll wait for the HD re-releases on the Wii U.
bc1391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bc1391
Member since 2004 • 11906 Posts

I should hunt down a copy of the US version of Xenoblade. I doubt the Wii-U will be region free.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
Yup, I agree; I'm so glad I have both of the games. :) They might be worth some money down the road; and if not, I guess I can keep them and still be happy
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#28 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

It's a good thing I have both of them already! Zenoblade was awesome, I hope Last story is as well.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Bigboi500

Are any of them good?SNIPER4321
They're both rated AAAE on GS.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

xenoblade will proboly be easier to find since its a gamestop exclusive so I believe they will always have a copy in new or used.

Capitan_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Capitan_Kid
Member since 2009 • 6700 Posts
Xenoblade maybe. TLS lolno
Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
708,368 and 281,831 units is considered rare?
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts

I honestly don't care that much about how rare they could become, i got Xenoblade on day 1 and i'm just waiting for my retailer to send me The Last Story, and there is no way i'm trading them, at least not Xenoblade and if TLS its as good as it seems, then i won't trade that one either and honestly, around 700 000 for Xenoblade, is not bad at all.

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts
VGCharts sales numbers are way off when there aren't any official numbers. I don't know how people still use that site as reliable source. I think it's better to say sales unknown atm than going by numbers that most likely aren't accurate. Honestly I don't think I would of ever heard of TLS if I didn't come here time to time. As for Xenoblade I would of have since I had few people recommend me to play it as well as seeing it as their motto on their gamertag.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="Zurrur"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

locopatho

More Wii pirates then 360 pirates? The hell?

Wii is easy to hack, even casuals do it.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18251 Posts
Are any of them good?SNIPER4321
Xenoblade Chronicles is really, really good.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

But can you be scrubby in the game?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#39 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
shrugs, I doubt it.
arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I have Xenoblade Chronicles sealed with the artbook and I have The Last Story collector's edition sealed with the artbook as well. I'm never going to open them. I bet sealed copies of both games with the artbooks in mint condition will be worth a lot some day.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 bbkkristian

I have Xenoblade Chronicles sealed with the artbook and I have The Last Story collector's edition sealed with the artbook as well. I'm never going to open them. I bet sealed copies of both games with the artbooks in mint condition will be worth a lot some day.

arkephonic
lol How do you live without playing them is a mystery. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

bbkkristian

There's better games to play obviously.
bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bbkkristian
There's better games to play obviously.siLVURcross
Hmmm.:? What is it you don't you like about them?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I imagine a lot of the Wii titles are going to end up being rare like the GameCube titles. Makes me think I should go ahead and buy some Wii games in anticipation of getting a Wii U next year.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts
[QUOTE="arkephonic"]

bbkkristian

Ark is a collector. I don't think he really plays all too many games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]There's better games to play obviously.bbkkristian

Never played them nor do I feel particularly inclined to do so atm.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Bigboi500

[QUOTE="siLVURcross"]There's better games to play obviously.bbkkristian

Not enough lolis, maybe? *shrugs*

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

In twenty years time I will still have those two copies brand new and sealed, they will be relics of an old age and you can get them from me, for a high price!

TommyBarban

Rare don't make them valuable, not that they're that rare to begin from a collector's point of view. The market for collectibles is crashing hard in this recession, and video games is still considered to be a pretty new collectible.

But yeah, games like these will be difficult to find, which is one of the main reasons I have zero interest in Wii. The thought of tracking down all the games I want to play complete puts me off.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

[QUOTE="bbkkristian"][QUOTE="siLVURcross"]There's better games to play obviously.Bigboi500

Not enough lolis, maybe? *shrugs*

Yes, that's exactly it. Can't get enough games with lolis in them.