The Last of Us is about GIANT ants!

• 138 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Did GT tease the ps3 exclusive seperatly from the last of us? If so, the last of us could just be a random ps3 exclusive that is being shown and the "one we can't beleive" will be revealed also at the end. I'm just saying.

Hatiko

No they are the same thing. Geoff said so. Can't find the link now though

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

Did GT tease the ps3 exclusive seperatly from the last of us? If so, the last of us could just be a random ps3 exclusive that is being shown and the "one we can't beleive" will be revealed also at the end. I'm just saying.

OmenUK

That would be nice but I am expecting it to just be a little more information about LOU although you never know, I mean I was quite surpised to see a trailer for Alan Wake for 360 as seemed like it had not done well enough for a sequel (from the bit's I'd read about it)

Ya, it would, but as you can see from my sig I am hyped for th AW trailer, even if it is just a downloadable game. But the devs said that it would be the same size as a full game, just that retail wasn't what they were going for. Day one buy... I mean dl for me, hehehe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

Hatiko

That would be nice but I am expecting it to just be a little more information about LOU although you never know, I mean I was quite surpised to see a trailer for Alan Wake for 360 as seemed like it had not done well enough for a sequel (from the bit's I'd read about it)

Ya, it would, but as you can see from my sig I am hyped for th AW trailer, even if it is just a downloadable game. But the devs said that it would be the same size as a full game, just that retail wasn't what they were going for. Day one buy... I mean dl for me, hehehe.

The first AW was awesome and one of my favourite games. The visuals were stunning and it had a teriffic atmosphere so I also wanna see how the new one turns out. Not a fan of his clothes though :?

He looks like a carpenter with the nailgun in his hand

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Hatiko

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

seanmcloughlin

No they are the same thing. Geoff said so. Can't find the link now though

Found it on geoff's twitter:

Geoff Keighley@geoffkeighley8 Dec

Glad you guys are enjoying the teaser campaign for the PS3 Exclusive You Won't Believe. Long planned, and yes, the final trailer delivers.

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#105 OmenUK
Member since 2011 • 1268 Posts

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

Hatiko

Not got a x-box as to be honest I can't see the point of buying another console just to let the other gather dust, but I did like the look of the first game, seemed to be a more psychological game than a out and out horror.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Hatiko

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

seanmcloughlin

The first AW was awesome and one of my favourite games. The visuals were stunning and it had a teriffic atmosphere so I also wanna see how the new one turns out. Not a fan of his clothes though :?

I want to know where he is and where he got the clothes from. Last time we saw him he was in the darkness wrting "The Return" somehwere in the darkness. I also want to see the "face technology that rivals LA Noir that they were talking about earlier this year. Maybe the guy is Mr. Scratch or was it Mr. Stitch?

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Hatiko

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

OmenUK

Not got a x-box as to be honest I can't see the point of buying another console just to let the other gather dust, but I did like the look of the first game, seemed to be a more psychological game than a out and out horror.

Ya, it was structured like a televison series so it was more of a thriller game with a mystery than a horror game. And buying another console doesn't mean the other will gather dust. I mean, if you buy an xbox will you just totally not play your ps3 ever again?

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 OmenUK

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

Hatiko

Ya, it was structured like a televison series so it was more of a thriller game with a mystery than a horror game. And buying another console doesn't mean the other will gather dust. I mean, if you buy an xbox will you just totally not play your ps3 ever again?

Probably, I am currently unemployed so my main priority has to be finding work and being available for interviews and research (routes and public transport to interview locations) as well of course as the usual real life distractions that limit gaming time, time for my PS3 is being dwindled away as it is so I really doubt I could justify getting another console, (especially when I have a rarely used PSP boxed up)

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Hatiko

Nevermind... I failed... the tweet was for th MGR trailer sorry folks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

Hatiko

I want to know where he is and where he got the clothes from. Last time we saw him he was in the darkness wrting "The Return" somehwere in the darkness. I also want to see the "face technology that rivals LA Noir that they were talking about earlier this year. Maybe the guy is Mr. Scratch or was it Mr. Stitch?

I don't think the Facial thing will be in this game. I hope it is but its a bit soon to have incorporated all that into it. Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

I also wanna know where it is and what's going on. Like the last time he was still screwed and here he looks fine (Well more fine). I hope they can keep a good narrative again. I think the DLC stuff was a bit meh compared to the main game. Also I wanna know what enemies will be in it. We can't have the same stuff again because it will get very boring. It was fine for the original but it was just enough. Anymore would have been overkill

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Hatiko

[QUOTE="Hatiko"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

seanmcloughlin

I don't think the Facial thing will be in this game. I hope it is but its a bit soon to have incorporated all that into it. Guess we'll find out in a few hours.

I also wanna know where it is and what's going on. Like the last time he was still screwed and here he looks fine (Well more fine). I hope they can keep a good narrative again. I think the DLC stuff was a bit meh compared to the main game. Also I wanna know what enemies will be in it. We can't have the same stuff again because it will get very boring. It was fine for the original but it was just enough. Anymore would have been overkill

I liked the second DLC, but the first was baaaaaaaaaad. It was just respawning enemies in areas from the first game. And I like fighting the dcotor, the andersons and barry at the end. But the stories in them were werid. "Alan you are one part of your mind that is still trying to save yourself right now" I was like WTF Zane?! But it was kind of cool how Alan had the same reaction.

And Barry needs to be in this! I need his flaming eye of Mordor!

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 OmenUK

Assassin looks nice

agpickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 agpickle
Member since 2006 • 3293 Posts

If its anything like EDF I'm buying a ps3.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#114 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Giant ants don't sound that bad.

Just get a giant magnifying glass.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

It's by Naughty Dog, lolz

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 OmenUK

WOW it doesn't look too bad, but still reminds me a lot of a mix between a post-apocalyptic game like FO3, and a zombie game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-59b71619573a1

ChubbyGuy40

My stream skipped passed it :( What was it like?

I had a feeling they would be doing it cos they said "You won't believe who's behind it"

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 OmenUK

ChubbyGuy40

Yes you can all bow down to my guessing it was ND a few days ago (LOL)

Seriously though it being by ND makes me very optimistic considering how great the new IP's they have come up with have been (for example Crash Bandicoot on PS1, and Uncharted on PS3)

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Not gonna lie. Game looks sick.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

OmenUK

Seriously though it being by ND makes me very optimistic considering how great the new IP's they have come up with have been (for example Crash Bandicoot on PS1, and Uncharted on PS3)

Also they had an easter egg in U3 for it. The trailer is on GT now

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/vga-2011-the-last-of/724686

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

seanmcloughlin

I had a feeling they would be doing it cos they said "You won't believe who's behind it"

It's like UC3 meets, RAGE setting and monsters, meets horror I think.

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 johny300
Member since 2010 • 12496 Posts
Where can i watch ?
OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 OmenUK

[QUOTE="OmenUK"]

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

seanmcloughlin

Also they had an easter egg in U3 for it. The trailer is on GT now

I know I posted about it earlier in the day before IGN did :)

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 johny300
Never mind.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
So, this is Naughty Dog's version of "I am Legend"?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-59b71619573a1

That was a big meh. An uncharted Zombie game. Our theories were much cooler about Ant infestations and stuff like that or Ant people. But to just have fungus head people who are basically just zombies. Graphics are good of course but still

johny300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 johny300
So, this is Naughty Dog's version of "I am Legend"?ferret-gamer
Seems so and if its a movie like uncharted i'm not gonna buy. also big meh i want some gameplay
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
Where can i watch ?johny300
This. Can't seem to find a trailer.
exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts
So, this is Naughty Dog's version of "I am Legend"?ferret-gamer
More like I am Legend meets The Walking Dead. Going to wait for more info on this before I get hyped.
OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 OmenUK

[QUOTE="ChubbyGuy40"]

seanmcloughlin

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#131 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26086 Posts
[QUOTE="ferret-gamer"]So, this is Naughty Dog's version of "I am Legend"?exiledsnake
More like I am Legend meets The Walking Dead. Going to wait for more info on this before I get hyped.

Actually, I think it's more Walking Dead than I Am Legend.
KC_Hokie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 KC_Hokie
Member since 2006 • 16099 Posts
I'm pretty disappointed. Looks like another generic zombie game. I was hoping for some sort of survival game with anything but zombies.
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

[QUOTE="lundy86_4"]

Well, it's better than giant spiders. I f***ing hate spiders :(

SPYDER0416

Same here. They weren't too bad in Skyrim, until you got deep in their lair of web and death, walked into a giant and empty space and saw a big momma spider slowly coming down at you from a big hole when you looked up.

Ugh...

That would make a great horror game though, Amnesia would have been 10x more terrifying if there were more spiders instead of lame old roaches.

I loved the spiders. So much more creepy than ants. Actually made it more atmospheric.
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#134 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

Another zombie game. Shocker!

vitonemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#135 vitonemesis
Member since 2006 • 3162 Posts
YES ZOMBIES!!!! =D
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

So this was the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT.. Another Zombie game.. :|

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

They're fungus zombies. Also.... I know the man isn't suppose to be Nathan Drake, but he looks exactly like him, just older. They should have gotten someone else besides Nolan North to do the voice acting because it makes me think it takes place in the Uncharted universe not to mention the Uncharted 3 easter egg.

OmenUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 OmenUK

Someone on another thread mentioned about how they thought that there was going to be the reveal for Last Of Us, but a announcement for a new game, this being the one that would surprise people (as quoted in the blurb for the show), could be possible still I guess.