The Last of US idea came from Crytek

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

While surfing through that I found this, don't know if already posted.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek-cancelled-a-game-that-looked-similar-to-naughty-dogs-the-last-of-us/

What do you say System Warriors?

#2 Posted by Meeeper282 (1597 posts) -

Good crytek sucks

#3 Posted by hoola (6422 posts) -

That Crytek game looks good, but I would says TLOU looks more like Enslaved: Odyssee to the West than the Crytek one.

#4 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

Good crytek sucks

Meeeper282
#5 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

Good crytek sucks

Meeeper282

Crytek rocks! They actually make good gameplay (with exception of CRysis 2) not QTE movies.

#6 Posted by jhcho2 (5013 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Good crytek sucks

zeeshanhaider

Crytek rocks! They actually make good gameplay (with exception of CRysis 2) not QTE movies.

Oh c'mon. Crysis 2 isn't even a bad game. If Dragon Age 2 can considered to not be a bad game but merely lazy...surely Crysis 2 is far from it. If it were any other fps, it would have been good, but it gets the 'sux' stigma just because it wasn't what Crysis 1 was.

#7 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Ideas mean squat. You see not even a third of games that make it to prototype stages. You see barely anything about games that never made it out of pre-production.
#8 Posted by Heil68 (57858 posts) -
But it takes a god tier developer like Naughty Gods to execute it. Only available on PS3. Thank you Sony *and* ND.
#9 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Crytek should have remained a (PC exclusive) developer.
#10 Posted by Gue1 (12171 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Crytek went to ND to tell them that they were going to cancel a zombie game and that they could use their idea. Or maybe ND had some spies at Crytek.... :roll:

#11 Posted by MaskedPlayer (892 posts) -

Cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#12 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Yeah it was posted a while ago and it may have some part of it but I don't think it really matters.

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

I'm pretty sure Crytek went to ND to tell them that they were going to cancel a zombie game and that they could use their idea. Or maybe ND had some spies at Crytek.... :roll:

Gue1
definitely possible. ND definitely aren't known for being creative.
#14 Posted by NEWMAHAY (3824 posts) -
It doesn't say that
#15 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -
lol, no. It came from a BBC special about a real life fungal infection. Oh, you conspriacy theorists XD
#16 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

Ok.

I'm sure plenty of developers come up with somewhat similar ideas or concepts. But from what the link suggests, it doesn't sound like The Last of Us at all really.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
#17 Posted by Obviously_Right (5331 posts) -

Good thing a good developer made something out of the idea instead.

#18 Posted by Mr_BillGates (3210 posts) -

And now, that idea became a QTE infested game.

#19 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5460 posts) -

Gue1

No offence my dude, but god damn remove the stick from your ass. Is it really that necessary to get offended at every negative thing said about Sony? :roll:

I mean, yesterday you threw a b*tch fit at Memes, while at the same time defending Eddie Vedder:|

Every god damned thread, all you do is cry over what someone is saying about Sony. You dont HAVE to give a shyt.

#20 Posted by Jankarcop (11056 posts) -

lol movie games

#21 Posted by Drasonak (1515 posts) -
Uhm... How is The Last of Us an original idea at all?
#22 Posted by mariokart64fan (20576 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Good crytek sucks

zeeshanhaider

show me timesplitters 4 if crytek rocks lol they suck .
#23 Posted by Vatusus (8123 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Good crytek sucks

zeeshanhaider

*sigh The "QTE" events stupid argument again... Uncharted rarely have QTE. Calling them QTE movies is the 1st step to let us know you havent played the games

If anything Crysis 2 had more or less the same amount of QTE than Uncharted games. Remember? Pulling up from an edge? Turning the fibrillator on? yeah...

#24 Posted by percech (5237 posts) -

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Good crytek sucks

Vatusus

*sigh The "QTE" events stupid argument again... Uncharted rarely have QTE. Calling them QTE movies is the 1st step to let us know you havent played the games

If anything Crysis 2 had more or less the same amount of QTE than Uncharted games. Remember? Pulling up from an edge? Turning the fibrillator on? yeah...

Reading comprehension? The guy clearly stated that he didn't like Crysis 2.
#25 Posted by sora16perfect (729 posts) -

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

StrongDeadlift

No offence my dude, but god damn remove the stick from your ass. Is it really that necessary to get offended at every negative thing said about Sony? :roll:

I mean, yesterday you threw a b*tch fit at Memes, while at the same time defending Eddie Vedder:|

Every god damned thread, all you do is cry over what someone is saying about Sony. You dont HAVE to give a shyt.

Oh the irony.
#26 Posted by joel_c17 (3206 posts) -
Lol i love when i see xbot fanboys crying over sony fanboy being fanboys.
#27 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

While surfing through that I found this, don't know if already posted.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/crytek-cancelled-a-game-that-looked-similar-to-naughty-dogs-the-last-of-us/

What do you say System Warriors?

zeeshanhaider

And a couple of movies and books too !

#28 Posted by navyguy21 (14726 posts) -

Gue1
You didnt read the article did you? :P
#29 Posted by with_teeth26 (8332 posts) -

The idea isn't very original, I assumed the inspiration came from The Road by Cormac McCarthy.

I don't think anyone is excited about TLOU because of its setting, its the production values that makes it stand out.

#30 Posted by Wiimotefan (4150 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Ideas mean squat. You see not even a third of games that make it to prototype stages. You see barely anything about games that never made it out of pre-production.

#31 Posted by soapandbubbles (3406 posts) -

lol movie games

Jankarcop
srsly.
#32 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

Gue1

Read the damn article. The designer later joined Naughty Dog.

#33 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

And now, that idea became a QTE infested game.

Mr_BillGates

Yeah..so sad! If Crytek were to make it it would probably be a sandbox survival game as evident from the concept art. It's a shame Crytek didn't go ahead with it.

#35 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (7979 posts) -

Good crytek sucks

Meeeper282

What's wrong with Crytek now? :|

#36 Posted by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

[QUOTE="Meeeper282"]

Good crytek sucks

HalcyonScarlet

What's wrong with Crytek now? :|

He's a cow. And since cow never had a game with good gameplay and graphics, he hates Crytek for having both.

#37 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3378 posts) -
No it didn't, it had nothing to do with a cancelled Crytek game. The inspiration came from Planet Earth, a BBC program which shows how Ants get affected by the cordyceps fungus which turns them into brain dead plants which kills any other Ants that gets close to the one carrying the fungus (hence the plant zombies) Quick video below. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuKjBIBBAL8
#38 Posted by nervmeister (15378 posts) -
[QUOTE="Jankarcop"]

lol movie games

soapandbubbles
srsly.

Haters gonna hate.
#39 Posted by Malta_1980 (11890 posts) -

Cant wait for The Last of Us, its gonna be another amazing game by Naughty Dog...