The Last of Us 2 Thread - GS Review 8/10

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Juub1990

Poll The Last of Us 2 Thread - GS Review 8/10 (152 votes)

0/10 7%
1/10 1%
2/10 1%
3/10 1%
4/10 2%
5/10 3%
6/10 2%
7/10 7%
8/10 20%
9/10 34%
10/10 22%

Y'all know the drill. This site is a wasteland despite arguably the biggest release of the year coming out in less than a week.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

It has surpassed Spider-Man for number of pre-orders and according to journalists who got early copies for review, it's quite good. The latest gameplay vid also showed much improved combat.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#751 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@subspecies said:
@i_p_daily said:
@subspecies said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Zero_epyon said:

Joel was a terrible person. Remember when they were ambushed in the city? He said he recognized the setup because he's been on both sides of it. Meaning he has trapped innocent people and murdered them for their stuff. He's a survivor and survivors don't care about what's right or wrong. They only care about what helps them survive. Joel was a villain that everyone sympathized with. When Abby's dad was revealed to be the doctor Joel kills in the first game I instantly understood what the game was about. He had it coming.

I have no emotion to any character in this game, so any dying has no relevance for me, i'm judging it on the story, and the story (the ending) makes the entire game and its actions leading up to that point literally pointless.

No I haven't played it, but I don't need to play it to read the story. You guys can defend it, all it does is show who Sony's biggest cows are on here.

You have no idea what you're talking about. The ending makes perfect sense. The game portrays the blurring of the line between right and wrong, otherwise known as the "gray area". When in that area, everyone thinks they're in the right, and as a result, chaos can easily ensue. Throw in the apocalypse, and that chaos becomes a relentless statement on the meaninglessness that comes about from losing all sense of true, indelible morality. In other words, everything falls apart.

The story is dogshit, even Sony/ND knows this which is why they stopped all reviewers from talking about half of the game, and the majority still gave it a 10 lol.

I have a friend who is a hardcore cow (so much more than you are) who thinks that the first game is the best game of all time, and he hates the second game. I stir the shit out of him for it, but he keeps sending me links to videos of reviewers who don't like the game.

Now I don't watch many reviews unless friends send me a link, and so far it seems the YT reviewers (ew YT reviewers I know they're shit) are giving more honest reviewers than those "professional" reviewers are, and that's just sad.

I get it you can't be honest and call the story for the dogshit it is as that goes against your godny, have fun with that lol.

"Bu...bu....but my friend! My friend played it! He loves the first one, and hates the second one! I swear!"

You're so freaking sad, dude. You hate the game. Don't care about the game. Yet you know the story like the back of your hand and have read the reviews.

Something's not adding up here, lol.

First off, I do have one friend who owns a PS4 an he's a bigger cow than you, and we used to rib each other when we worked together, I ribbed him for crying while playing the first game, don't care whether you believe it or not, he hates the second game for its shitty story.

Secondly I haven't read any reviews for the game, I have seen a couple of reviews for the game. I have read the story about the game so I could make fun of it and cows who suckle on Sony so hard such as yourself. I also don't hate the game, i'm using it for my own gain :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#752 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@Zero_epyon: Yeah you're too old for it, and yet partake in it until it doesn't suit you. Run along cow.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#753  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The Last of Us Part II sold over 4 million copies in the first three days.

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 5

#754  Edited By pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 359 Posts

I'm 18 hours in now. The pacing could use a lot of work, and there's a few boring sections, but I generally like it a lot.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#755  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50546 Posts

The story is dogshit lol

From what I hear the gameplay is the shit so who cares.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#756 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Chutebox said:

The story is dogshit lol

From what I hear the gameplay is the shit so who cares.

Gameplay is the best ND's done so far.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#757 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

@Zero_epyon: Yeah you're too old for it, and yet partake in it until it doesn't suit you. Run along cow.

I'm talking about a game. You're talking about systems. Big difference.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#758 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38713 Posts

Had to bump the thread, it was getting on the lower part of the page, which isn't great for a legendary game like this.

Currently my GOTY, but i'm far from beating the game (maybe half way?). It has surpassed DOOM ETERNAL. But who really cares, CP2077 will be goty to everyone who plays video games.

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#759 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

I expected 8 but wow I didn't expect most users hating it that much.

End of an era for noTdog?

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#760 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

The fact that the game is getting so much hate and the fans are out for blood just make me appreciate the themes of Last of us II so much more now. I’ve played a lot of video games but if this game were the last game I ever played I’d be okay with that.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#761  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

Remember when Europe bastardized chaturanga by adding the strongest female protagonist?

Quartering should make a video on it. Pad it out for 4 minutes shilling Raid Shadow Legends.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#762 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts

i'm about 12 hours in and it's long since become a chore to play. encapsulates the very best and worst of naughty dog. at best it's gripping and edge of the seat, at worst it's restrictively scripted and laboriously slow paced. and there's far, far too much of the latter.

it's been a good few years since i played the first tlou. i forgot how repetitive the scavenge, stealth, kill gameplay loop is and how downright tedious having to search every building for supplies gets. my poor triangle button has taken a battering. i was really hoping for an injection of something new to the nd formula with tlou2 but so far can't help feel like they've polished this game in all the wrong places.

also, **** flashback scenes, particularly at key moments in the game

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#763 hardwenzen

@Macutchi said:

i'm about 12 hours in and it's long since become a chore to play. encapsulates the very best and worst of naughty dog. at best it's gripping and edge of the seat, at worst it's restrictively scripted and laboriously slow paced. and there's far, far too much of the latter.

it's been a good few years since i played the first tlou. i forgot how repetitive the scavenge, stealth, kill gameplay loop is and how downright tedious having to search every building for supplies gets. my poor triangle button has taken a battering. i was really hoping for an injection of something new to the nd formula with tlou2 but so far can't help feel like they've polished this game in all the wrong places.

What difficulty you playing in?

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#764 Macutchi

@hardwenzen said:
@Macutchi said:

just the standard difficulty. does it get any better cranked up?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#765 hardwenzen

@Macutchi said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Macutchi said:

In my opinion, every game with scavenging as one of the main game mechanics is always best played on the hardest difficulty. Scavenging is not a chore on Survival, you're happy to find a shotty or a rifle round. Against large groups, you gotta strategize, lure enemies into your mines, try to have a few close to each other, use a smoke bomb to then rush at them and one hit kill each while being safe from the smoke, etc. Combat is real engaging.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766 Macutchi

@hardwenzen said:
@Macutchi said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Macutchi said:

In my opinion, every game with scavenging as one of the main game mechanics is always best played on the hardest difficulty. Scavenging is not a chore on Survival, you're happy to find a shotty or a rifle round. Against large groups, you gotta strategize, lure enemies into your mines, try to have a few close to each other, use a smoke bomb to then rush at them and one hit kill each while being safe from the smoke, etc. Combat is real engaging.

yeah makes sense, there's a definite lack of jeopardy at the default difficulty. i'm a bit torn between increasing the challenge but also then prolonging what has, so far, felt like a generally a slow paced game. there's probably a degree of wanting to get to the end before i read spoilers online at play here too.

every time something significant happens it feels like the game slams on the brakes, followed by a narrative-heavy driven section in which player input is largely incidental. that kind of start-stop pacing has started to grate on me and i'm not sure changing the difficulty will help alleviate that

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#767  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Just finished the game tonight I give it 9.2 graphics are amazing easily the best looking PS4 game combat is great very brutal much better then Doom Eternal. The story is ok I guess but man did this game drag in the end overall my favorite game of the year so far and most impressive. Also the atmosphere in this 10/10 that Aquarium base just wow.

VirusVaccine21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#768 VirusVaccine21
Member since 2020 • 748 Posts

9.2/10. Amazing game with few flaws.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#769  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@warmblur said:

combat is great very brutal much better then Doom Eternal

of course if you prefer cinematic style flasshy animations over actual shooting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

of course if you prefer cinematic style flasshy animations over actual shooting.

Flashy animations? lol they're reaslistic animations, not flashy. Its Doom animations that are flashy.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#771 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11053 Posts

Finally finished this bitch. I've been avoiding almost all conversation about this game, and I'm shocked that I never got spoiled on it. I'm highly grateful. This is ND's greatest achievement. I hardly even missed Factions (though it still would be welcome). This is a massive single-player experience, a sprawling and epic journey with a lot of harrowing set pieces in between.

I know there was a big campaign to try and destroy this game due to misguided gamer politics, what else is new, but it would be an injustice to miss this game if you own a PS4 due to pre-conceived notions. The gameplay is much sharper this time around. This isn't Ubisoft stealth at play, hiding in the grass only does you so good from a certain distance, your AI companions aren't invisible anymore, dogs keep you on your toes. This is a very active and dangerous world.

There's enough content in this game for a Last of Us 2 and 3, so you get your money's worth. Narrative wise, this is ND's best effort. Chaining together the events of the last game, and the rippling effects thereof in a circular tale of tragedy. The game has a couple of typical gaming formulas I wish they didn't lean on, but they they've done a good enough job where it doesn't weigh things down. They've definitely addressed some complaints of the last game and surprisingly side stepped them. One, like Ellie finally learning to swim, has even been added to the story.

Say what you will ND's uneven Uncharted entries, the even-numbered entries being the best, TLoU franchise is their swan song. 10/10

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#772 Ghosts4ever

@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Flashy animations? lol they're reaslistic animations, not flashy. Its Doom animations that are flashy.

In doom you shoot enemies and then commit glory kills.

last of us 2 on other hand is movie game where combat is just nothing more than animations.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#773 hardwenzen

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

last of us 2 on other hand is movie game where combat is just nothing more than animations.

Just like real life. Called realism.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#774  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:

Glory kill are scripted animations it gets old fast with TLOU2 you have alot more variety in combat and it is much more enjoyable and vicious then Doom Eternal even Rage 2 has better combat then DOOM Eternal. I really hope ID gets rid of the stupid glory kills they feel very casual a flashing enemy and you press one key to kill them aka QTE wow such hardcore skillz it's boring.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#775  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Glory kill are scripted animations it gets old fast with TLOU2 you have alot more variety in combat and it is much more enjoyable and vicious then Doom Eternal even Rage 2 has better combat then DOOM Eternal. I really hope ID gets rid of the stupid glory kills they feel very casual a flashing enemy and you press one key to kill them aka QTE wow such hardcore skillz it's boring.

Difference is Doom is still game and requires tons of challenge even with glory kills.

you have problem with this but not with proper QTE that is in last of us 2 and other movie games. last of us 2 is more of interactive movie. just compare user score of TLOU2 and Doom and see the difference.

and LOL at RAGE 2 combat better. RAGE 2 is incredibly easy and overpowered game.

taking about hardcore when your fav game of all time is GTA5 which is one of the easiest and casual game of all time. aka do nothing.

Loading Video...

I never seen anything like that in Doom as showing button prompt and pressing them or tapping them. just shoot and do glory kill and move on.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#776 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@Macutchi: auto-collect is a thing.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

The worst designed open world games contain less bloat and padding. What an absolute mess of a game.

edit: Finally finished it. Whatever. Sad omg. consequences.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@ghosts4ever said:
@warmblur said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Difference is Doom is still game and requires tons of challenge even with glory kills.

you have problem with this but not with proper QTE that is in last of us 2 and other movie games. last of us 2 is more of interactive movie. just compare user score of TLOU2 and Doom and see the difference.

and LOL at RAGE 2 combat better. RAGE 2 is incredibly easy and overpowered game.

taking about hardcore when your fav game of all time is GTA5 which is one of the easiest and casual game of all time. aka do nothing.

Loading Video...

I never seen anything like that in Doom as showing button prompt and pressing them or tapping them. just shoot and do glory kill and move on.

Those death animations are dope.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779 Ghosts4ever

@warmblur: But you are doing nothing in order to see dope animation but in Doom you have to dash, grapple, shoot before performing glory kill.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#780  Edited By hardwenzen

Another thing i must say is that TLOU1 and 2 have the best collectible notes in any game. They're always interesting to read while being shit and not even worth reading in most games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin: Hardcore cow gives Sony game 10/10, more news at 11.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#782 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:

Oh yeah, screw me for getting the console with the great games. I can't wait for your glowing review of Crackdown 3. 🤣🤣🤣

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#783 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Oh yeah, screw me for getting the console with the great games. I can't wait for your glowing review of Crackdown 3. 🤣🤣🤣

I bet you fapped when Abby got her man boobs out didn't you LMFAO.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#785 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Okay... Let's go through this.

Firstly, I can clearly educate you, as you struggle to grasp basic concepts. You are arguing over a single point, whereas better posters than you have articulated their points well. You don't have to agree, and that's fine.

Correct, it's been review-bombed on both sides. Can you address the constant 10's on June 19th? I agree that trolls have review-bombed this game, but it's on both sides.

You are correct, the idiocy increases, as does yours. You can't even follow a simple conversation. Your shit English is your own issue, but don't wade into arguments, when you can't even understand the issues being put forth.

Can you come back, @tormentos? Please...

What about all those 10 scores on June 19th? The day of release for TLoU2.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By lundy86_4

Who designs a website with the "Delete" selection, right below the "Edit" selection? Complete mongoloids. GS, get your staff in check.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#787 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:

No man, I don't yank to video games. Your Xbox on the other hand probably looks like a glazed donut whenever you pop in a copy of Forza.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#788  Edited By lundy86_4

@lundy86_4 said:

Can you come back, @tormentos? Please...

What about all those 10 scores on June 19th? The day of release for TLoU2.

Hey Tormy, you there? What about those 10's on June 19th? The release date of TLoU2.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Hey Tormy, you there? What about those 10's on June 19th? The release date of TLoU2.

You mean the ones that aline with th BAST MAJORITY of the gaming industry?

Probably from troll that didn't play the game either,unlike you i can see that,but you will not see me downplaying score or claiming the industry is on a payroll like if MS or Nintendo could not pay for score like some have claim here.

Both extremes are bad but tell me something what does 10 aline better with 9.5 or 0.

BY the way my notifications are off so if you or anyone quote me i don't see them,i just saw this now because i enter the thread.

By the way is I_p_daily still crying on the thread?🤣

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#790  Edited By lundy86_4

@tormentos said:

You mean the ones that aline with th BAST MAJORITY of the gaming industry?

Probably from troll that didn't play the game either,unlike you i can see that,but you will not see me downplaying score or claiming the industry is on a payroll like if MS or Nintendo could not pay for score like some have claim here.

Both extremes are bad but tell me something what does 10 aline better with 9.5 or 0.

BY the way my notifications are off so if you or anyone quote me i don't see them,i just saw this now because i enter the thread.

By the way is I_p_daily still crying on the thread?🤣

You avoided this question for, what? 3 days? You lambasted the scoring of 0, but took until now to address the 10's upon release date. Congrats, i'm glad you had the gumption to address the post eventually.

Where the score aligns is 100% irrelevant, as June 19th was the release date, and thus the game could not have been completed at that point.

At some point, you need to look at your own inadequacies, and this post shows that. Turn off notifications all you like, but you reply to other responses on the fly, and most don't have you holding your balls in your hands trying to refute a response. In other words, you can bullshit other responses, but bullshitting mine isn't easy...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791 lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#792 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

No man, I don't yank to video games. Your Xbox on the other hand probably looks like a glazed donut whenever you pop in a copy of Forza.

Yeah sure, i'm betting you were "hard" at it lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#793  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@tormentos: Look at tormeltdownos can't tell the difference between laughing and crying lol.

Have you bought it yet tormy? oh you say you're on holiday and yet all you have done on this "holiday" is having meltdowns on SW, you are bad at lying.

You can't even afford to buy the game let alone a PooS4 to play it on LOL.

What about all those 3000+ 5 star ratings the game had on the PS store weeks before the game came out tormy, Sony/ND being frauds.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794 BenjaminBanklin

@i_p_daily said:

This is what happens when you don't have any decent AAA releases between Gears games, folks. It turns you into a salty old pervert with blue balls like ol' Daily here. 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#795 hardwenzen

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

This is what happens when you don't have any decent AAA releases between Gears games, folks. It turns you into a salty old pervert with blue balls like ol' Daily here. 🤣🤣🤣

Even if there was any, he doesn't play anything but the yearly Forza, so it wouldn't change anything. Daily ain't a gamer, i dunno what he is doing on a gaming forum lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#796 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Who designs a website with the "Delete" selection, right below the "Edit" selection? Complete mongoloids. GS, get your staff in check.

😂

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#797 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@hardwenzen said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Even if there was any, he doesn't play anything but the yearly Forza, so it wouldn't change anything. Daily ain't a gamer, i dunno what he is doing on a gaming forum lol

Who knew all it took was man boobs to get a 10 from cows lol.

I expected it from Benji as he has a man fetish, so he's watching it while thinking its Phil Spencers man boobs lol.

As for you "hard" (for man boobs) who helps you write your comments on SW, as you're that clueless that you supposedly "lost" your password for your account for over a decade, i'd be surprised if you haven't forgotten how to spell your own name lol.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#798  Edited By Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts

Is this forum still alive?

TLoU2 is overrated here in GS, just to say.

What a ***ing mess of a game. And that is coming from someone who holds up the first game as the best game of last generation.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799 hardwenzen

Just played a bit of RE3R at a friend house. That thing feels like a clunky joke of a game compared to TLOU2. TLOU2 is now the gold standard in third person zombie games. It will ruin future games for me 😢

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#800 hardwenzen

@i_p_daily said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@i_p_daily said:

Who knew all it took was man boobs to get a 10 from cows lol.

I expected it from Benji as he has a man fetish, so he's watching it while thinking its Phil Spencers man boobs lol.

As for you "hard" (for man boobs) who helps you write your comments on SW, as you're that clueless that you supposedly "lost" your password for your account for over a decade, i'd be surprised if you haven't forgotten how to spell your own name lol.

You already know this one, i saved it just for you 😊😊😊
These kids are from the 90's, and they already knew about you 👀