MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2504 Posts

Was Halo 4 as hated as much as Halo 5 and Infinite?

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@dimebag667 said:

@WitIsWisdom: I'm definitely onboard with that. Dial back the flash, and up the substance.

Exactly man. The big 3 can't understand why sales are down. They blame it on people going back to work after covid, and this, that, and the other. I truly believe that simply isn't the case. Gaming is more popular and more easily accessible than even before. The excuse that games keep getting delayed and there is nothing new on the horizon for months at a time is getting old and I think a lot of people just don't see the point right now, which is also why PC gaming is getting so much more popular. At least you can find games of all budgets on that platform. It seems all we get these days from the big three are AAA blockbusters and shovelware,,, (don't even get me started on the $1.49-$2.99 trophy hunting games plaguing the playstation store right now...)

No one wants 10,000 remasters, remakes, and shovelware. People want new games and they don't need to be $100 million over the top artsy bs either... Bringing back AA is and will be what saves gaming once again. That's why we need to support those devs and games when they do release.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8414 Posts

That might only be true for certain niche corners of the market, particularly for the platforms having a sprint race through technological advancements.

It turns out much of our successful games and hardware aren't the ones pushing to be the most advanced in any of the categories he mentioned.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

@jaydan: I can 100% confirm that my favorite games did not earn that praise because of their fidelity or that they could be played on fifteen different systems... they were just awesome games.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dimebag667

@mysticaldonut: I honestly don't know. I'm always interested by a new Halo, but I haven't loved one since CE. I played both 4 and 5 once, and that was plenty.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

No it’s not, all we ask is that they give us something innovative, instead of the same copy and paste gameplay with a few character upgrades and mostly bland lifeless open worlds. Of the top of my head the most innovative thing I can think of that I saw in a game of recent has been the nemesis system in Shadow of Mordor and that’s not really recent. Don’t blame us because you ram out of ideas and we refuse to keep paying for the same games with a different name and skin. And let’s not even get started on the dlc, season passes and extra content we have to pay for in order to get the extra content that was already in games in the generations prior to ps3 360. I’m not even gonna get started on definitive additions and remasters.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7150 Posts

I have to say gamers are more picky than ever and don't want to buy there games.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 dimebag667

@gifford38: Can you blame them? How many games these days aren't worth owning, or barely worth renting? That paired with Napster thief mentality just exacerbates the problem. Even good games that deserve your money are stolen by these tools. It's all a mess

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44049 Posts

Raise da roof baby!! lol :P

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Gifford38

@dimebag667: I get there are alot of crap shovel ware out there. But I remember nes days were it have alot of shovel ware to. Gamers are very harsh on developers today. Even death threats lol. They nickpick every game.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 dimebag667

@gifford38: 100%! Many, if not most games of the past sucked, but some that were good are better than what we have now. And there are how many times more games now than there were back then? Too many is a sufficient answer. People think they're entitled to great games, but they need to remember it's not a charity. If you want something good, that someone else created, and you want a constant supply of it... it costs money. Support what you like. It doesn't guarantee quality, but it's a better idea than death threats.

And they should bring back demos. They stopped because it cost them sales on trash that doesn't deserve our money. That's how it should work! You put out trash, you don't make money. We need fewer games that are better quality.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Gifford38
@dimebag667 said:

@gifford38: 100%! Many, if not most games of the past sucked, but some that were good are better than what we have now. And there are how many times more games now than there were back then? Too many is a sufficient answer. People think they're entitled to great games, but they need to remember it's not a charity. If you want something good, that someone else created, and you want a constant supply of it... it costs money. Support what you like. It doesn't guarantee quality, but it's a better idea than death threats.

And they should bring back demos. They stopped because it cost them sales on trash that doesn't deserve our money. That's how it should work! You put out trash, you don't make money. We need fewer games that are better quality.

yes demos would be great. but they have to find away to make it work because nothing is free. if it is a demo disc it cost money for those disc. in the past the price of the magazine covered the demo disc to make it look free.

people today expect the demos to be free and think it was always free for a demo.

I loved demo disc with a bunch of games on it. I remember motorstorm ps3 had a demo that I played over and over.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 dimebag667

@gifford38 said:
@dimebag667 said:

yes demos would be great. but they have to find away to make it work because nothing is free. if it is a demo disc it cost money for those disc. in the past the price of the magazine covered the demo disc to make it look free.

people today expect the demos to be free and think it was always free for a demo.

I loved demo disc with a bunch of games on it. I remember motorstorm ps3 had a demo that I played over and over.

I mean, I would love for gaming magazines and demo discs to come back, but for reasons of practicality, I would assume they would just be downloadable demos.

I could see an argument made for indie devs, and games with small budgets, but games charging $60+ should be forced to have them. If they're going to charge that much for something that for all intents and purposes can't be returned (at least with Sony), you should have a way to try before you buy.