The H0m0erotic Undertones Of Metal Gear Solid

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for black_chamber99
#1 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

anyone else noticed this?

lets get the obvious outta the way: gray fox infamous 'hurt me more' while snake pounds him, raiden running naked in mgs2, presidents ball grab in mgs2, vamp's bisexuality and relationship with fortune's dad, colonel volgin's homosexual relationship with raidonovich and subsequent ball grabbing, snake and octacon's ambiguous relationship etc

but the most homoerotic scene in mgs history was raiden and vamp's fight in msg4. there is a part where vamp stabs him with a knife and raiden's artificial white blood squirts everywhere. then vamp proceeds to lick the white liquid off his knife. I remember laughing and thinking 'kojima and co really don't give a ****'

#2 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25164 posts) -
The last one is hilarious.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
#3 Posted by deactivated-5bda06edf37ee (4675 posts) -

but the most homoerotic scene in mgs history was raiden and vamp's fight in msg4. there is a part where vamp stabs him with a knife and raiden's artificial white blood squirts everywhere. then vamp proceeds to lick the white liquid off his knife. I remember laughing and thinking 'kojima and co really don't give a ****'

black_chamber99

how can you make that h0m0erotic? i don't even... it's just you, dude.

#4 Posted by jdc6305 (5050 posts) -

lets get the obvious outta the way: gray fox infamous 'hurt me more' while snake pounds him, raiden running naked in mgs2, presidents ball grab in mgs2, vamp's bisexuality and relationship with fortune's dad, colonel volgin's homosexual relationship raidonovich and subsequent ball grabbing, snake and octacon's ambiguous relationship etc

black_chamber99

I would love to see your psycological exam report. Any ink blot tests lately?

#5 Posted by mrmusicman247 (17601 posts) -

lets get the obvious outta the way: gray fox infamous 'hurt me more' while snake pounds him, raiden running naked in mgs2, presidents ball grab in mgs2, vamp's bisexuality and relationship with fortune's dad, colonel volgin's homosexual relationship raidonovich and subsequent ball grabbing, snake and octacon's ambiguous relationship etc

black_chamber99
So licking someone's blood off a knife is gay....here I thought it was just creepy as hell..
#6 Posted by Rage010101 (5470 posts) -

well i gotta hand it to you for making a very different thread for a change lol

#7 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

I think at times you are reading into it too much, and at other times its just strange and stuff. Not like how you make it out to be.

#8 Posted by stvee101 (2953 posts) -

I never thought about the Vamp vs Raiden fight that way until you described it like that TC.

Eughh! :cry:

#9 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

I blogged the fact that I believe MGS is a homo-erotic opera a couple of weeks back.

#10 Posted by DarkStraberry (572 posts) -
it's Sunday alright
#11 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

I thought everyone was aware of Kojima's alleged "alternative" lifestyle by now.

#12 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

[QUOTE="black_chamber99"]

groowagon

guy, vamp even removed the dagger from his crotch sheath. it was obviously meant to symbolize a phallus. how is licking white liquid off a phallic object not h0m0ertoic in any way?

#13 Posted by DethSkematik (3900 posts) -
Or how the main boss in MGS3 grabs your crotch when you're in disguise? :P Seriously though, I always look at those moments as Konami having a sense of humor (MGS games are always so serious and depressing...it's good to have a good laugh once in a while).
#14 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6996 posts) -

I don't really mind... It just makes it humourous in a very Japanese way. It would be like Final Fantasy without a big sword and flamboyant looking 16 year old guy holding it.

I also noticed after the most epic fight in any game, in MGS4when you fight Ocelot your self, if you let him grab you, he'll kiss snake on the neck. lol. (It's only happened twice with me)

#15 Posted by skrat_01 (33767 posts) -
Played Gears of War lately? That game is steaming Apply the right context and quite a lot of games aimed at a male audience could be said to be homoerotic... some more than others. Otherwise Vamp is supposed to be a bisexual character, and Kojima seems to enjoy playing at Raiden being effeminate; so yeah, the fight is a result of those character traits. Pretty sure it's all very intentional.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
#16 Posted by deactivated-5bda06edf37ee (4675 posts) -

[QUOTE="groowagon"]

black_chamber99

guy, vamp even removed the dagger from his crotch sheath. it was obviously meant to symbolize a phallus. how is licking white liquid off a phallic object not h0m0ertoic in any way?

since you put it that way... NO! i refuse to see no evil.

but honestly, i have never seen it that way. i'll just count is as humor.

#17 Posted by 110million (14910 posts) -
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]Played Gears of War lately? That game is steaming Apply the right context and quite a lot of games aimed at a male audience could be said to be homoerotic... some more than others. Otherwise Vamp is supposed to be a bisexual character, and Kojima seems to enjoy playing at Raiden being effeminate; so yeah, the fight is a result of those character traits. Pretty sure it's all very intentional.

Yeah, though anyone mature enough would not care enough to make a big deal about it.
#18 Posted by cainetao11 (36592 posts) -
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="black_chamber99"]

So licking someone's blood off a knife is gay....here I thought it was just creepy as hell..

When it's white blood? I see his point.
#19 Posted by mlbslugger86 (12867 posts) -

wow, i've never thought of Metal Gear Solid....:?

#20 Posted by lespaul1919 (7074 posts) -

not gonna lie, I always noticed it....but shrugged it off as "those silly japanese"

#21 Posted by enterawesome (9477 posts) -
I think the Raiden and Vamp fight is a bit of a stretch, and Snake and Otacon... No. **** no. They're BROS, they always got each others backs, but not like that.
#22 Posted by zekere (2534 posts) -

I like this thread . And I agree

#23 Posted by joopyme (2598 posts) -

oh O___O NEVER really thought about it that way...thanks? :S

#24 Posted by black_chamber99 (1696 posts) -

Played Gears of War lately? That game is steaming Apply the right context and quite a lot of games aimed at a male audience could be said to be homoerotic... some more than others. Otherwise Vamp is supposed to be a bisexual character, and Kojima seems to enjoy playing at Raiden being effeminate; so yeah, the fight is a result of those character traits. Pretty sure it's all very intentional. skrat_01

gears is homoerotic as well

Avatar image for MetroidPrimePwn
#25 Posted by MetroidPrimePwn (12399 posts) -

I wouldn't even describe that as an undertone, it's more like, the tone.

#27 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

What tone is this one? lol

snake and eva

#28 Posted by yellonet (7768 posts) -

I guess the cows are just more in sync with their femininity.

Or perhaps it's just that they are more...well... "jolly" than the rest of us.

#29 Posted by svetzenlether (3082 posts) -

mrmusicman247

It's called symbolism, dude. You learned about it in middle school English.