The Golf Club 1080p on Ps4 but 720p on xbox one

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by shadiezz2012 (2474 posts) -

LorinB stated that the development team were unable to get The Glof Club run at higher resolution than 720p because "they couldn't get the framerates we wanted at higher resolutions."

Don't know whether to called it a strange development, but HB Studios' Anthony Kyne in an exclusive interview to Gamepur stated that 1080p is their target resolution for The Golf Club on both PS4 and Xbox One and added that development team are not facing any issue with ESRAM. Now, this drastic drop from initial target of 1080p to 720p on Xbox One raises many questions. You can read our full interview with Anthony Kyne here, the part in question here is listed below.

Gamepur: Is the Resolution/FPS figure 1080p/60, at which The Golf Club will run on PS4 and Xbox One? If YES, can you please provide us the details?

Anthony: That’s the aim, we’re running in 1080p at the moment but not quite at 60fps. I don’t think we have an actual hard figure for FPS its more about getting to a point where it feels right. I was reading an article the other day that the human brain can’t tell the difference between 50fps and 60fps anyway so as long as it feels right I’ll be happy.

Gamepur: Coming to Xbox One, the 32 MB ESRAM has been a talk of the town and is said to be the main culprit behind multiplatform games running at lower resolution than PS4. Some developers openly admitted that it is "Bottleneck, Cumbersome, Can't Sustain the speed of GDDR5. On this note, we would like to ask you: A) As compared to GDDR5, is Xbox One's ESRAM slow, bottlenecked and cumbersome? B) How does HB Studios plan to use Xbox One's ESRAM?

Anthony: We haven’t had any issues so far, as it stands we haven’t had to do anything more than expected on either Console. Both are such powerful machines that with a bit of thought you shouldn’t have problems on either. It’s why games get better as console generations age, people think of more inventive ways to squeeze every bit of performance out of the hardware.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15829-golf-club-runs-1080p-ps4-and-720p-xbox-one-couldnt-get-fps-we-wanted-higher.html

#2 Posted by getyeryayasout (11458 posts) -

PSFore!

#3 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

I've actually been really looking forward to this game for a while. On top of having procedurally generated golf courses, you can create your own courses and share them. It will also have Move support, too. Even on PS4.

XBone is such a mess. Some days, I think it only exists as a thing on System Wars to give people something to argue about. PS4 is so blatantly obviously the way to go this gen. News like this just drives the point home.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#4 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -

They couldn't even get 762p?

#5 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (1489 posts) -

Looks like I am set because I own a PS4. Wait...

What am I saying? I would never buy a golf game.

#6 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

Any word on whether they are still going ahead with Morpheus support?

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
#7 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (18733 posts) -
Loading Video...

Even here this legend is applicable. sigh...

#8 Posted by sailor232 (6718 posts) -

I wonder what happened with development, in March they said there was no problems with any of the systems, that they where hunting for 50-60 frames on both the ps4 and xbox one, that both versions where identical. Seems very odd that the Xbox One version has a resolution and a frame rate gimp and that the ps4 also has its frame rate gimped. Oh well I'd rather play it at 60fps+ on a pc, hopefully on my pc if it can handle it.

#9 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

An Xbox 720 plays games in 720p. What is the problem? i see none.

#10 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Where the hell is it mentioned it's 720p? Coz I don't see it and the developer didn't say it either.

#11 Edited by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Where the hell is it mentioned it's 720p? Coz I don't see it and the developer didn't say it either.

LOL!! Ctrl+F is your friend. I guess Lems really are blind, no wonder they don't care about games being 1080p.

LorinB stated that the development team were unable to get The Glof Club run at higher resolution than 720p because "they couldn't get the framerates we wanted at higher resolutions."

#12 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (2620 posts) -

@crashnburn281 said:

Looks like I am set because I own a PS4. Wait...

What am I saying? I would never buy a golf game.

golf games are surprisingly addictive. i never watch golf but I randomly got tiger woods on ps3 and would be up all night playing it. its fun especially multiplayer.

#13 Posted by Spitfire-Six (1377 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

#14 Posted by KHAndAnime (17565 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:
No Caption Provided

Lemmings stopped caring because they've long lost lol

#15 Edited by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

This is getting old .

#16 Posted by Elpresador-911 (1034 posts) -

Xbox is 2014 Tiger Woods, PS4 is Rory Mcilroy

#17 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

But the Cloud and DX12 and DX13 and DX14 and The Cloud 2 and Kinect removal didn't permanently upgrade the physical weaker Xbone hardware? I read many times here that the physical Xbone finalized hardware was somehow going to become more powerful overtime. Hmmm...Maybe the extra Xbone super power is only demonstrated in Last Gen PS360 upscaled and ported games like Destiny.

Maybe those magic pixies they keep in every Xbone machines need some relief! I think this golf game is when the pixies are on vacation.

#18 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2474 posts) -
@SolidTy said:

But the Cloud and DX12 and DX13 and DX14 and The Cloud 2 and Kinect removal didn't permanently upgrade the physical weaker Xbone hardware? I read many times here that the physical Xbone finalized hardware was somehow going to become more powerful overtime. Hmmm...Maybe the extra Xbone super power is only demonstrated in Last Gen PS360 upscaled and ported games like Destiny.

Maybe those magic pixies they keep in every Xbone machines need some relief! I think this golf game is when the pixies are on vacation.

#19 Edited by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is getting old .

Said everyone about XBox and 720p.

#20 Edited by handssss (1907 posts) -

I have a hard time believing this. Xbox is weaker than ps4 and can't always reach the same resolution/framerate. No changing this fact, I get it. A golf game? I can't imagine this being drastically more demanding or more complex than many standard AAA games where the gap isn't this big.

#21 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@handssss said:

I have a hard time believing this. Xbox is weaker than ps4 and can't always reach the same resolution/framerate. No changing this fact, I get it. A golf game? I can't imagine this being drastically more demanding or more complex than many standard AAA games where the gap isn't this big.

Long draw distances. Complex terrain. Physics calculations across potentially hundreds of yards on a small ball with wind being calculated as well as the turfs affect on the ball. What's not to believe? There are a lot of complexities involved. Even getting shaders to work correctly across water surfaces.

#23 Edited by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

@shadiezz2012 said:
@SolidTy said:

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
#25 Posted by deactivated-57ad0e5285d73 (21398 posts) -

Didn't Sega Saturn have a higher resolution than Sony Playstation AND N64? Nobody gave a fck.

#26 Edited by xhawk27 (10018 posts) -

PS4 having trouble running at 60fps at 1080p for a golf game. that tells you all you need to know about this gen.

All consoles are a joke compared to mid range PC from last year.

#27 Edited by delta3074 (19933 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

did you have to sink down to THERE level dude?

#28 Edited by Life-is-a-Game (636 posts) -

Did the developers' words say that game will be 720p on Xbox while 1080p on PS4?

Because I read the article few times and what I understood is that initial resolution for both PS4 and Xbox One was planned to be 1080p and 60FPS, but they weren't able to reach this goal and instead they say this:

"Do not get bogged down in this "FPS" number. These framerates run very smoothly on the consoles. Unlike many games, we have separate threads for the input and the graphics rendering on the consoles ... So while the graphics threads render at the above numbers, the input thread runs at 60 frames per second on both consoles. So overall performance feels higher than what you may be imagining the number 30-40 fps represents. Framerates on the PC are not on separate threads, but they are also not capped."

I just don't see developers themselves saying that resolution is 720p on Xbox while 1080p on PS4 .. My understanding is that it is going to be 1080p on both consoles but not 60FPS although it is close to 60FPS were the human eyes won't tell the difference.

Why do people interpret things differently? : s

#29 Posted by freedomfreak (49811 posts) -
@getyeryayasout said:

PSFore!

You just had to wedge that in there, didn't you?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#30 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Don't worry, DX12 offers a 50% increase in frame rate!

Oh wait? For tablets and PCs? Because the Xbone already has most of DX12's benefits? Oh.

#32 Posted by mikhail (2697 posts) -

A game developer just said this...what the hell? Of course we can tell the difference.

"I was reading an article the other day that the human brain can’t tell the difference between 50fps and 60fps anyway so as long as it feels right I’ll be happy."

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#33 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Still insecure about your console choice, i see. No problem, you'll play on it in 2016, when the games arrive.

It's the facts, matey. Don't come crying to me when DX12 pops up and it does nothing to solve the Xbone's woes despite what your lemrat friends told you.

#34 Posted by StormyJoe (7547 posts) -

@shadiezz2012: OH MY F*CKING GOD! NOT "THE GOLF CLUB"! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
#35 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@shadiezz2012: OH MY F*CKING GOD! NOT "THE GOLF CLUB"! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

@blackace is going to be very upset with u. to be a true gamer u need to play ALL games. blackace LOVES golf games because he is a true gamer. very one should strive to be more like him, the world will be better for it.

#36 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (1238 posts) -

Most people playing golf games dont even pay attention to the resolution numba. good thing for microsoft they dont even bother sending software engineers to crappy devs it seems.

#37 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

Well clearly they are bad developers then... If the PS4 can reach 1080p/60fps, Xbox One should easily get to 900p/60fps. If you can't reach that, you're just not that great of a developer.

Do you remember a time when Playstation fanboys used this excuse every time a PS3 port came out worse than the 360?

Pepperidge Farms remembers.

#38 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Most people playing golf games dont even pay attention to the resolution numba. good thing for microsoft they dont even bother sending software engineers to crappy devs it seems.

I feel sorry for you. This could possibly be one of the highest rated sports titles of the generation. It has features that are miles ahead of golf games before it including social aspects. The developers even plan on supporting Morpheus and Move.

Crappy devs? If they get it to 1080p just fine on PS4, perhaps the XBone is crappy hardware?

#39 Posted by Heil68 (57720 posts) -

The power of SONY shines through once again this gen.

#40 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (2466 posts) -

I never heard of this game before but now I will hype it because xbone version runs lower.

jk I like golf game I hope this one good but I never seen hype for it. It doesn't have real player, you create one? Can you use move control? I like using wiimote on wii golf.

#42 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@shadiezz2012: Doesn't say anything about the XBox One running at 720P. You may want to go back and change the title. Said both versions are running at 1080p and they are working on getting the frame rate right.

Anthony: That’s the aim, we’re running in 1080p at the moment but not quite at 60fps. I don’t think we have an actual hard figure for FPS its more about getting to a point where it feels right. I was reading an article the other day that the human brain can’t tell the difference between 50fps and 60fps anyway so as long as it feels right I’ll be happy.

Gamepur: Can you please list the differences between all three versions of The Golf Club i.e. PS4, Xbox One and PC?

Anthony: Nothing, at the moment everything is the same and that’s how we’d like it to stay. The ultimate dream is to have people on the PS4 competing with friends ghost balls from their rounds on a PC. Technically it’s not an issue, it already works here in the office. It’s just about if we’re allowed to do it.

Cows having meltdowns on here over nothing. bunch of morons. Greatest is coming...

#43 Edited by blackace (23576 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@StormyJoe said:

@blackace is going to be very upset with u. to be a true gamer u need to play ALL games. blackace LOVES golf games because he is a true gamer. very one should strive to be more like him, the world will be better for it.

You still having meltdowns Ghost? You might want to see a Psychiatrist about that. You're a racing lunatic.

#44 Edited by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

Not the kind of game, where I would expect significant differences, but I've have'nt played a Golf Game since the 80286 days.....

They could render the **** out of underground creep for all I know.

#45 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6018 posts) -

man not even 792p LOL

#46 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:

PSForeskin!

FTFY

#47 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -
@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is getting old .

Don't care on what resolutions Xbox play games because I game on PC . These resolution debates used to be fun back then , they aren't as fun anymore . We need , something new and fresh . Lol .

#48 Edited by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is getting old .

Don't care on what resolutions Xbox play games because I game on PC . These resolution debates used to be fun back then , they aren't as fun anymore . We need , something new and fresh . Lol .

Translation:

After 8 years of bashing PS3 for losing the resolution debate, a few months of seeing the XBone get squished like a bug on the windshield makes the game not fun anymore.

Amidoingitright?

#49 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Shewgenja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

This is getting old .

Translation:

After 8 years of bashing PS3 for losing the resolution debate, a few months of seeing the XBone get squished like a bug on the windshield makes the game not fun anymore.

Amidoingitright?

Translation :

You are assuming way too much ,

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/platform-of-choice-for-next-generation-my-opinion/26031306/

#50 Posted by Shewgenja (19001 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

Translation :

You are assuming way too much ,

http://www.gamespot.com/profile/blog/platform-of-choice-for-next-generation-my-opinion/26031306/

That is an interesting take.