The Game Awards promises to have the most new game announcements in the show’s history

• 58 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll The Game Awards promises to have the most new game announcements in the show’s history (53 votes)

I’m hyped - I love The Game Awards 38%
The Game Awards are eh 36%
I’m that person who likes to remind everyone that opinions are subjective 26%

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/11/09/the-game-awards-2018-promises-largest-lineup-of-new-game-announcements-in-show-history/

Are you excited for The Game Awards, SW? I think the show gets better and better each year. I like the direction they have taken the show since its inception. It’s sort of becoming the Oscars of video games, just not as prestigious.

• 
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#1 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Where is the option "Who gives a shit about the Game awards" ?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44100 Posts

I’m hyped. I really enjoy watching The Game Awards show.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts

They've done a fantastic job in improving it every year and listening to feedback. Hopefully it isn't fake hype.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Enigmatic trailers for games that won't come out for 5+ years for new hardware we haven't purchased yet. Great.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Why does anyone not directly working in the game development or publishing industry care about awards?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56036 Posts

@Jacanuk: @i_p_daily: @GarGx1: Rather you guys like them or not, it's been running for a decade now. The awards themselves says alot about the game if they are worthy of GOTY. Granted, I always watch The Game Awards just for the "World Premier Trailers" is what's the real prize. But still, it's nice to know the actual gaming community like to have a voice in the media giving it's own awards show.

You have Music, Movies, and other Entertainments Awards but a Video game can't have it's own Awards?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I don't really care about the Game Awards in general, but I think we're going to see some cool announcements this year. So I'll be watching.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@Jacanuk: @i_p_daily: @GarGx1: Rather you guys like them or not, it's been running for a decade now. The awards themselves says alot about the game if they are worthy of GOTY. Granted, I always watch The Game Awards just for the "World Premier Trailers" is what's the real prize. But still, it's nice to know the actual gaming community like to have a voice in the media giving it's own awards show.

You have Music, Movies, and other Entertainments Awards but a Video game can't have it's own Awards?

Where did I say they can't???

You yourself said you watch it for the world premier trailers, so why the hell did you even respond to me, as you clearly don't give a shit either.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Archangel3371

@GarGx1: The way I look at it is that it’s a celebration of a hobby that I enjoy and I just like joining in with others in celebrating.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@i_p_daily: Well yes, the trailers is the good reason to watch the Game Awards. Other then that, I don't ever bitch about the actual show. Now that I think about it, I do need to see the Nomination for 2018 cause I did made a thread last year's 2017 nomination announcement. I'm more surprise SolidGame didn't include the nomination in this thread.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jacanuk

@davillain- said:

Never said Games can´t have its awards but unless you are part of the industry why care? Games, Music and Movies getting awards have zero impact on the quality of the content and never will..

The only people who care about it are the industry people because for them it means a higher paycheck, or for game developers, it means wider recognition among industry people. For you and me as a random consumer of Games/Movies/music/tv shows it has zero impact on the enjoyment factor.

Unless of course, you are one of those strange people who suddenly like something because it got an award.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

The thing is I want to like the Game Awards but jut find it so boring to watch. Also Geoff Keighly just strikes me as an A-Hole,and makes me want to support his game awards show even less.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

I'm hyped and love The Game Awards....but I don't necessarily care for their actual awards, its like when people watch superbowl for commercials.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator

@Jacanuk said:

Never said Games can´t have its awards but unless you are part of the industry why care? Games, Music and Movies getting awards have zero impact on the quality of the content and never will..

The only people who care about it are the industry people because for them it means a higher paycheck, or for game developers, it means wider recognition among industry people. For you and me as a random consumer of Games/Movies/music/tv shows it has zero impact on the enjoyment factor.

Unless of course, you are one of those strange people who suddenly like something because it got an award.

For the most parts, it's just interesting to watch the Awards on the games themselves but knowing this year's Awards, I wouldn't be surprise RDR2 wins this Awards which I'm interested seeing they'll likely pick it lol.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

Hopefully will see what Rocksteady is working on.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

@davillain- said:
@Jacanuk said:

For the most parts, it's just interesting to watch the Awards on the games themselves but knowing this year's Awards, I wouldn't be surprise RDR2 wins this Awards which I'm interested seeing they'll likely pick it lol.

Hmm, ya sure it can be entertaining but think the last few years after they had that community joker who seemed like he was just there for a paycheck and was dead as a wet paper bag, it´s not been that interesting and the boring live music event is horrible.

Also, RDR is almost certain to get GOTY and a few awards, which will be funny when Gamespot have a completely different game.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58271 Posts

@Jacanuk said:

My feelings when I read the topic title were "woop-dee-****ing-doo"

To add something to the argument, I suppose it's nice to have game awards to give some credibility (ha!) to gaming, but in the end it's just gaming, should not be taken seriously, and a game awards show is just marketing for the highest bidder.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Jacanuk said:

My feelings when I read the topic title were "woop-dee-****ing-doo"

To add something to the argument, I suppose it's nice to have game awards to give some credibility (ha!) to gaming, but in the end it's just gaming, should not be taken seriously, and a game awards show is just marketing for the highest bidder.

Hmm, ya true it gives them a bit of credibility just a shame that gaming is an industry with few innovations and 90% of the games are pretty much the same FPS type shooters.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Waiting for the new Death Stranding footage.

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

I would have more respect for the award show if only people that work in the industry were the only ones allowed to vote. Like the Oscars. This is just who paid Geoff Keighly or who he likes the most. It's total BS!

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

So 2 announcements than?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#23 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

I like to watch but never feel hyped. Hoping for lots of cringy moments and some game announcements.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#24  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58841 Posts

Every year Dorito Pope claims he's going to blow you away. The most, most ever. The hottest hot.

It's like the Oscars in the same sense how that hates black people, this hates pc gaming.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Don’t watch the Oscars, Grammys, or Game game awards. I’ll watch the trailers for new games later on but the actual awards part kinda makes me sick. We all like different things and I like to promote free thinking and don’t care for any validation from some game awards telling me whether I was right or wrong to enjoy what I do.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Wonder if it's still gonna be worth all that cringe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#27 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

It's pretty useless to give awards for games because their awards are based on hype trains than actually the game itself.(And they miss lots of underrated games that will release each year)

So this show wouldn't really worth to watch if publishers didn't announced any new games.

Oldgun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Oldgun
Member since 2009 • 391 Posts

I remember when Geof bought Hideo Kojima on the awards show to commend on his achievements while he was let-go ungracefully from Konami. That was a good moment.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15561 Posts

Whether that's true or not, I'll be sure to completely skip the broadcast and watch the trailers later on youtube.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Thanks to Keighly's massive hardon, there'll probably be another 15 min Death Stranding video showing absolutely nothing

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 GarGx1
@davillain- said:

I'm not saying the gaming industry can't pat itself on the back like all the others I simply don't care about any industry awards and they have absolutely no bearing on anything I buy. World premier trailers are a good thing.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GarGx1
@Archangel3371 said:

@GarGx1: The way I look at it is that it’s a celebration of a hobby that I enjoy and I just like joining in with others in celebrating.

That's fair enough but does X gaming winning X awards actually have any impact on your game purchases?

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Wonder if they can beat the Cranky Kong reveal which was the highlight one year (Im not even joking). Award shows aren't really my thing. But good on Keighley for making it happen.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@Jacanuk: Woah, I agree with you on something! :O

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1430 Posts

@the-a-baum:

That’s a horrible idea. The Oscars are done by people in the industry and they always pick terrible indie drama movies no one has ever heard of to win.

It’s a massive disconnect for what most gamers like vs stuck up Californian college nerds who think by selecting some indie trash like Celeste for GOTY, that they are somehow smarter than everyone.

I do not want to see a bunch of hardcore leftist websites like IGN, Kotaku and Polygon getting to vote. Nor do I want game developers voting either because most of them are in California.

Do you really want 2000 EA, 2000 Ubisoft and 2000 Activision employees voting for GOTY?

Fan votes matter more. The awards should be fan votes only. Let the people decide GOTY which the majority will say God Of War or RDR2, not trash like Celeste.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

I watch those shows because they're kinda fun.

I miss GameTrailers.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

Watch it be riddled with SJW crap. Any award show based in US is a total joke.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8469 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

I'm actually waiting for Dorito Pope gets on his knees with tears in his eyes and ask Kojima for his hand, judging by the past shows.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Archangel3371

@GarGx1: Well it’s always nice to see something that you’ve purchased and enjoyed to have been enjoyed by others and celebrated. I think that’s just human nature.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46194 Posts
  • Company of Heroes 3
  • Half Life 3
  • Red Orchestra 3

Even if they announced all of that, I still wouldn't watch the game awards.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#41  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Announcements are only reason why i will be watching it. otherwise awards are popularity contest.

waiting to see more of Doom Eternal, RAGE 2, Metro Exodus, Dying light 2.

interested to see what rock steady is doing. hopefully justice league the game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#42 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

It will be another non gameplay footage showing Norman reedus doing nothing and nothing will happen.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

|_0__

__0_|

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5245 Posts

@ajstyles said:

@the-a-baum:

That’s a horrible idea. The Oscars are done by people in the industry and they always pick terrible indie drama movies no one has ever heard of to win.

It’s a massive disconnect for what most gamers like vs stuck up Californian college nerds who think by selecting some indie trash like Celeste for GOTY, that they are somehow smarter than everyone.

I do not want to see a bunch of hardcore leftist websites like IGN, Kotaku and Polygon getting to vote. Nor do I want game developers voting either because most of them are in California.

Do you really want 2000 EA, 2000 Ubisoft and 2000 Activision employees voting for GOTY?

Fan votes matter more. The awards should be fan votes only. Let the people decide GOTY which the majority will say God Of War or RDR2, not trash like Celeste.

Do you have any problems with people living in California? Not everyone in the state is a coastal leftist. I was born in California and I am not a leftist. It is interesting to note that the most conservative region of America is surprisingly found in Southern California (e.g. Orange County) even as the region has gone with so many demographic changes in the last few decades and Democratic attempts to flip it "blue."

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69360 Posts

I "love" the idea of allowing awards to be chosen by rabid fanboys. LOL.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ajstyles said:

@the-a-baum:

Then you would end up with something like this

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I'm always hyped for new game announcements :)

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#48 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10585 Posts

Well, SoulCalibur VI, a game I've been waiting over a decade for, was announced at last year's TGA, so I'll be keeping half an eye on it at least.

Also, LOL at how this thread went off the rails. As I always say, the internet is like real-life Warhammer 40,000's Warp. I suppose some people just don't have a good Gellar Field. Bwahahahaha.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Well yes, the trailers is the good reason to watch the Game Awards. Other then that, I don't ever bitch about the actual show. Now that I think about it, I do need to see the Nomination for 2018 cause I did made a thread last year's 2017 nomination announcement. I'm more surprise SolidGame didn't include the nomination in this thread.

No you don't care, now you're trying to pretend you do lol.

This might be hard to for you to hear, but Its just another American award show that means nothing outside of the US.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

15 new phone games.