The Game Awards nomination announced

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

So many sensitive social justice warriors

the clear winner here is DOOM, it shits on all your current single player or FPS games.. and it obliterates uncharted 4.. a game no one cares or talks about, while the DOOM soundtrack makes bank on itunes.

DOOM is GOTY.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102  Edited By Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

Guess I'll at least be watching some of the Game Awards then after all.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#103 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

I'll leave this here

Loading Video...

xh117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#104 xh117
Member since 2013 • 152 Posts

I'd go with Overwatch. Doom and Uncharted were more of the same while Overwatch felt like fresh new experience.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#105 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

So many sensitive social justice warriors

where?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#106  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@GarGx1 said:

Polygon Game Awards.... Who the f*ck cares?

Polygon has nothing to do with The Game Awards, other than reporting on it.

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@sailor232 said:

Yeah Blood and Wine isn't in enough of those awards. Uncharted is in too many.

Every category U4 is nominated for is deserved.

"Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Art Direction, Best Narrative, and three nominations in Best Performance for voice actors Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Emily Rose."

Game of the Year - No one who has actually played it, despite his personal take on the game, can argue the game isnt one of the strongest contestants of the year.

Best Game Direction - Great pacing, storytelling, good gunplay, graphics, characters. Its enough for a best game direction nomination to me.

Best art direction - Definitely well deserved nomination. Most scenarios on the game were simply... breathtaking. Previous Uncharted games were already pretty to look at but this one... took it to another new level. And I'm not talking about raw graphics here. I'm talkin about artstyle.

Best narrative - well, it wasnt that good to be honest but I dont know many games, maybe besides Inside and Firewatch, that were better this year. But that may be ignorance on my behalf... I'll give the benefit of the doubt on this one

Best performance for voice actors - Uncharted has alway been known for stellar voice acting and this was no different. When you have two of the best voice actors in the business (Baker and North) and a well capable female voice actress (Rose) you are bound to get nominated. All three were fantastic

But does it have any gameplay?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#109 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:
@Vatusus said:
@sailor232 said:

"Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Art Direction, Best Narrative, and three nominations in Best Performance for voice actors Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Emily Rose."

Game of the Year - No one who has actually played it, despite his personal take on the game, can argue the game isnt one of the strongest contestants of the year.

Best Game Direction - Great pacing, storytelling, good gunplay, graphics, characters. Its enough for a best game direction nomination to me.

Best art direction - Definitely well deserved nomination. Most scenarios on the game were simply... breathtaking. Previous Uncharted games were already pretty to look at but this one... took it to another new level. And I'm not talking about raw graphics here. I'm talkin about artstyle.

Best narrative - well, it wasnt that good to be honest but I dont know many games, maybe besides Inside and Firewatch, that were better this year. But that may be ignorance on my behalf... I'll give the benefit of the doubt on this one

Best performance for voice actors - Uncharted has alway been known for stellar voice acting and this was no different. When you have two of the best voice actors in the business (Baker and North) and a well capable female voice actress (Rose) you are bound to get nominated. All three were fantastic

Yes. And pretty good at that too

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 zeeshanhaider

@Vatusus said:
@zeeshanhaider said:
@Vatusus said:
@sailor232 said:

Yes. And pretty good at that too

Loading Video...

You mean this? Looks more like non-game of the year.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GameboyTroy

Geoff is getting ready for the Game Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9O7N3GkG_o

Loading Video...

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

Uncharted will win, but go DOOM! Easily my favorite game this year

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GameboyTroy

Easy Allies are placing bets on the Game Awards and PSX.

https://youtu.be/iyJ54hXEhOg

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#115 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Its almost Kyle Bosman time.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 GameboyTroy

Loading Video...

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By iandizion713

OMG, did you see her? I swear i saw either Link with his hair down...or something else.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#118 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58929 Posts

Geoff Knightley is doing a good job of mimicking a human.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By iandizion713

@uninspiredcup: Did i mention Kojima is my friend. Umm yeah, like 20 times.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

Snipers worst nightmares have come true, PURE multiplayer shooter has won GOTY over DOOM, a game of the decade for Sniper, rip Sniper.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#121 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

Overwatch wining GOTY is biggest joke of decade. even worse than games like uncharted win atleast uncharted has content. not MP only girly, cartoonish TF2 rip off.

if overwatch is not made by blizzard. no one give a crap about it

well atleast Doom win best action/shooter game. or otherwise they would have give it to Gears of wall 4.

dishonored 2 as best action adventure was 100% sure because that game is very hype among SJW/PC crowd thus it has to win. while Hitman is far superior in this category. new Hitman is best stealth game i have played in last 10 years. i mean best pure stealth game.

awards are always joke. and always been.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By zeeshanhaider

It's quite fun seeing how PC dominated The (console) Game Awards. Another fun fact, not that I care about these awards but no console exclusive from any manufacturer won any GOTY award, so much for the superior first party AAA games. Finally, good to see even the casuals realize that Uncharted is only good for movie type of things hence it won the narrative and performance, LMAO.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Overwatch wining GOTY is biggest joke of decade. even worse than games like uncharted win atleast uncharted has content. not MP only girly, cartoonish TF2 rip off.

if overwatch is not made by blizzard. no one give a crap about it

well atleast Doom win best action/shooter game. or otherwise they would have give it to Gears of wall 4.

dishonored 2 as best action adventure was 100% sure because that game is very hype among SJW/PC crowd thus it has to win. while Hitman is far superior in this category. new Hitman is best stealth game i have played in last 10 years. i mean best pure stealth game.

awards are always joke. and always been.

Its not manly enough for ghosts4ever, but I kinda agree with you except for the uncharted 4 part. Overwatch at least offers actual gameplay while uncharted 4 is nothing more than an interactive movie. These self proclaimed journalists are nothing more than a bunch of entitled idiots, who can't properly play the game they review.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#124 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24920 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

It's quite fun seeing how PC dominated The (console) Game Awards. Another fun fact, not that I care about these awards but no console exclusive from any manufacturer won any GOTY award, so much for the superior first party AAA games. Finally, good to see even the casuals realize that Uncharted is only good for movie type of things hence it won the narrative and performance, LMAO.

overwatch is console game fyi.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By zeeshanhaider

@ghosts4ever said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

overwatch is console game fyi.

It's a PC game at heart, so much so that Blizzard even marketed it as PC exclusive at first (though everyone knew it would be multiplatform). It's gimped on consoles and handles differently. Even Blizzard maintains it differently for different platforms. But I do agree it's not GOTY.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#127 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Firewatch was cool I hope it wins some awards.

And how the **** is Dirt Rally not nominated in the racing category.

Probably because it came out last year.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

Damn every time there are video game awards lems come running into these threads like....

Loading Video...

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#129  Edited By nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Overwatch won game of the year. Multiplayer is the hot shit right now. But at least Uncharted 4 won best narrative and performance. Poor Rise of the Tomb Raider wasn't even on the list.

It's pretty cool knowing that I have 3 games nominated game of the year.

Uncharted 4, Doom, Titanfall 2.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 zeeshanhaider

@killered3 said:

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that Overwatch won game of the year. Multiplayer is the hot shit right now. But at least Uncharted 4 won best narrative and performance. Poor Rise of the Tomb Raider wasn't even on the list.

Well, after all that's where they spent 90% of the budget.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 nepu7supastar7

@zeeshanhaider:

Oh puh-lease. There's no downsizing awards, you know. Go ahead and pout. ?

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

@killered3 said:

ROTR was released November 2015, and was nominated last year.

Link

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 zeeshanhaider

@killered3 said:

@zeeshanhaider:

Oh puh-lease. There's no downsizing awards, you know. Go ahead and pout. ?

Well, the truth is these awards are as mainstream as you go and UC4 didn't winning any GOTY speaks volumes that even the casuals are getting aware of its non-gameplay.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 nepu7supastar7

@zeeshanhaider:

We all know that if Overwatch wasn't there, it would've easily won. Over 30 nominations is more than enough to say that Uncharted 4 is game of the year material. Geez, the butthurt fanboys are still crying over its rediculous perfect scores. 10/10 and don't you forget it!

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 zeeshanhaider

@killered3 said:

@zeeshanhaider:

We all know that if Overwatch wasn't there, it would've easily won. Over 30 nominations is more than enough to say that Uncharted 4 is game of the year material. Geez, the butthurt fanboys are still crying over its rediculous perfect scores. 10/10 and don't you forget it!

And it lost in every single category even in one of the most casual console focused awards, LMAO. Not a single 1st game won any award. I mean these shows are known for sucking casual non-game garbage based on hype and them only giving DowngradeCharted 4 token awards with performance and narrative is low blow.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#136 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

You are delusional if you think a mediocre interactive movie on one system was going to win a game of the year award based on shill ratings.

Loading Video...

Old mechanics, linear, hand holding, meh.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 nepu7supastar7

@zeeshanhaider:

How is that low? Suddenly narrative and and acting performance is bad? Really? Since when?

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 zeeshanhaider

@killered3 said:

@zeeshanhaider:

How is that low? Suddenly narrative and and acting performance is bad? Really? Since when?

Always have been. We are in a gaming forum, not 'C' grade movies. The primary component is gameplay, all of that comes after that just as the industry legend Warren Spector said.

But don't worry, cheer up. Gamespot will award it GOTY. There are no strong 9 rated contenders apart from PC exclusives, and we know GS won't award it for the very reason. So yeah, it has GS GOTY locked.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 nepu7supastar7

@zeeshanhaider:

Like I said, I'm happy enough that it won two awards already. The industry has taken story mode to such enormous hights! To know that Uncharted 4's was recognized well for it? And Drake's performance? Hell yeah, I'm gonna be happy with it!

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#140 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Overwatch is a well-deserved GOTY winner. For once, the GOTY winner actually has great gameplay, unlike most of the usual GOTY winners.

It's a shame Zero Time Dilemma wasn't even nominated for Best Narrative, which it deserves more than any other game released this year. Handheld games rarely ever get their due props at GOTY awards.