The Game Awards nomination announced

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56081 Posts

@chocolate1325 said:

The fact that Dishonored 2 isn't a game of the year nomination is an insult enough but Uncharted has 3 characters up for best voice actor and no XCom2 is just unacceptable

Dude, Dishonored 2 release late this month and anything releasing November-December aren't getting nominated for December 2016 awards. Dishonored 2 will have to wait until next year to get nominated.

Nike_Air

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Nike_Air
Member since 2006 • 19733 Posts

@davillain- said:
@chocolate1325 said:

The fact that Dishonored 2 isn't a game of the year nomination is an insult enough but Uncharted has 3 characters up for best voice actor and no XCom2 is just unacceptable

Dude, Dishonored 2 release late this month and anything releasing November-December aren't getting nominated for December 2016 awards. Dishonored 2 will have to wait until next year to get nominated.

Dishonored 2 qualified for this year , and will be disqualified next year. All the games released before Nov 24th were eligible. Now you could argue that Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2 may have had disadvantages releasing when they did though. Early December is an odd time for GOTY awards.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#53  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@Nike_Air said:
@davillain- said:
@chocolate1325 said:

Dishonored 2 qualified for this year , and will be disqualified next year. All the games released before Nov 24th were eligible. Now you could argue that Dishonored 2 and Watch Dogs 2 may have had disadvantages releasing when they did though. Early December is an odd time for GOTY awards.

I think its just that Dishonored has no hype behind it. The lead-up was strangely silent. Also it has a nod on Action/Adventure

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@aigis: "I feel like at this point, people are just kinda burnt out of multiple yearly sports games"

And yet, hundreds of FPS/3PSs releases every year.

"but to have a game so similar to one a year before it and having them as goty nods each year would just be weird."

Oh know I'm not saying it should be nominated each year. But if a sports game can get the same scores as other games, then it should qualify for GOTY.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 aigis

@PSP107: Ya I dunno, goty doesnt favor the sports genre. Really websites should be more harsh on repetition to justify keeping them out

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 DaVillain  Moderator

@aigis said:

I think its just that Dishonored has no hype behind it. The lead-up was strangely silent. Also it has a nod on Action/Adventure

The way we have Dishonored 2 hype thread, I barely see any hype for the actual game itself. Also Bethesda didn't even giving reviewers early copies of the game thus it did kinda hurt the game as well.

I love the first game but I can admit, I wasn't even hype for Dishonored 2 at all and I didn't know the game was releasing sooner then I expected.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 aigis

@davillain- said:
@aigis said:

The way we have Dishonored 2 hype thread, I barely see any hype for the actual game itself. Also Bethesda didn't even giving reviewers early copies of the game thus it did kinda hurt the game as well.

I love the first game but I can admit, I wasn't even hype for Dishonored 2 at all and I didn't know the game was releasing sooner then I expected.

Ya same, I really liked Dishonored 1, but I wasnt all that hyped for 2. There was next to no marketing or articles on it. I'll probably pick it up later, but I can wait for a bit

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PSP107

@aigis: "Really websites should be more harsh on repetition to justify keeping them out"

I doubt you have to worry about a sports game winning GOTY. Just look at the target audience. =(

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#59 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

@TheEroica said:

None of those say Alienation... :/

Unfortunately true.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 cainetao11

@PSP107 said:

Why is sports and racing in the same category?

Didn't they have their own separate award before?

Because Racing is a sport?

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#61 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

Uncharted 4 will win. Case closed. I'm surprised Doom got nominated, it was a bad ass game but I dunno if I'd say game of the year worthy.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 DaVillain  Moderator

@killered3 said:

Uncharted 4 will win. Case closed. I'm surprised Doom got nominated, it was a bad ass game but I dunno if I'd say game of the year worthy.

It'll win for best shooters but other then that, UC4 will win GOTY, you can believe that!

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#63 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Fire Emblem Fates got this shat in a bag. Wrap it up.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 aigis

@iandizion713: It better have it, I'll be really disappointed if it doesnt

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@chocolate1325 said:

The girls who did the sisters in TW3: Blood and Wine should win, in my opinion, for voice acting. They did absolutely phenomenal jobs.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Just a bunch of lame games, the joke continues. Seriously, the gaming media is just a garbage and bias as the real world media. A bunch of wannabe geeks, who only care for the most casual games out there, cause they never experienced anything else.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#67 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@aigis said:

@iandizion713: It better have it, I'll be really disappointed if it doesnt

If handheld games werent banned from GOTY, itd take that shat too.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#68 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

I don't like any of those games

Dark souls 3 would be my game of the year

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 PSP107

@cainetao11: "Because Racing is a sport?"

It's consider auto/extreme sports.

But you cant sit here and say NBA 2K17, Madden NFL 17, MLB The Show 16 FIFA 17, and NHL 17 belong in the same category as Forza.

A better argument if it was NASCAR as the racing game competing with traditional sports game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 cainetao11

@PSP107: I agree but the world will never be exactly what I prefer/believe is the way it should.

djura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 djura
Member since 2016 • 542 Posts

I haven't played all of those games, but it seems like a pretty fair list to me.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

@daredevils2k: And if Uncharted doesn't win will cows like you be crying and calling it rigged? sadly the answer will be yes.

If you think about it, not even the almighty Halo or Geow was even nominated for Game of the year :(. Must be a really sad year for lems, even though they swear that those two games are the second coming of c......

if you like, we can do a online petition for them to add those 2 games to the list, if that will make Lems feel better.

You mean a petition like this?

Cry me a river

That's some salty shit right there, how mant times did you sign it?

Maybe if UC4 doesn't win game of the year, it may still win an oscar for movie of the year :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEFYDkpXE0

Yah something like. I just don't want lems to feel left out . It has to be very embarrassing that none of their games is even considered GOTY worthy. Heck even Titan Fall 2 outranked the almighty Master Chief lol. So i think this holiday season, we should ban together (cows, Sheeps) and help the lems by signing a petition to allow either GEOW 4 or Halo 5 to be nominated for either GOTY or Flop of the year awards.

If we decide to make a Flop of the Year category, we could add No mans Sky to the list.

Flop of the year awards
1. Geow 4
2. Halo 5
3. No Man SKy

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#73  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24915 Posts

@thepclovingguy said:

Just a bunch of lame games, the joke continues. Seriously, the gaming media is just a garbage and bias as the real world media. A bunch of wannabe geeks, who only care for the most casual games out there, cause they never experienced anything else.

This is first time in last 10 years where i think a game deserve to be nominated is nominate. Doom is hardcore FPS for real men. so it deserve it more than generic battlefeelds and infinity warfare.

Titanfall 2 is biggest surprised this year and also least controversal EA game. the only EA game with no season pass or map packs or DLC. unlike battlefield aka second most stale franchise in gaming history next to COD and AC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:
@daredevils2k said:
@i_p_daily said:

@daredevils2k: And if Uncharted doesn't win will cows like you be crying and calling it rigged? sadly the answer will be yes.

If you think about it, not even the almighty Halo or Geow was even nominated for Game of the year :(. Must be a really sad year for lems, even though they swear that those two games are the second coming of c......

if you like, we can do a online petition for them to add those 2 games to the list, if that will make Lems feel better.

You mean a petition like this?

Cry me a river

That's some salty shit right there, how mant times did you sign it?

Maybe if UC4 doesn't win game of the year, it may still win an oscar for movie of the year :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpEFYDkpXE0

Yah something like. I just don't want lems to feel left out . It has to be very embarrassing that none of their games is even considered GOTY worthy. Heck even Titan Fall 2 outranked the almighty Master Chief lol. So i think this holiday season, we should ban together (cows, Sheeps) and help the lems by signing a petition to allow either GEOW 4 or Halo 5 to be nominated for either GOTY or Flop of the year awards.

If we decide to make a Flop of the Year category, we could add No mans Sky to the list.

Flop of the year awards

1. Geow 4

2. Halo 5

3. No Man SKy

Oh you're one of "those" people who live in the bubble we call Gamespot, and by flop you're talking about Gamespot's review score. Damn son you need to live in the real world like the rest of us.

So how many times did you sign that petition and did it work?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

This is first time in last 10 years where i think a game deserve to be nominated is nominate. Doom is hardcore FPS for real men. so it deserve it more than generic battlefeelds and infinity warfare.

Titanfall 2 is biggest surprised this year and also least controversal EA game. the only EA game with no season pass or map packs or DLC. unlike battlefield aka second most stale franchise in gaming history next to COD and AC.

If you think you can offend me by insulting the battlefield franchise, then you are dead wrong. I enjoy playing the battlefield franchise, but its nothing special just like your precious little doom and titanfall 2. Also, gaming has nothing to do with manliness, gaming is anything but manly for Christ's sake.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:

If you think you can offend me by insulting the battlefield franchise, then you are dead wrong. I enjoy playing the battlefield franchise, but its nothing special just like your precious little doom and titanfall 2. Also, gaming has nothing to do with manliness, gaming is anything but manly for Christ's sake.

Because battlefield has lately been definition of generic. when you my friend criticize Doom for bieng generic but then praise battlefield which is same recyle game in last 6 years.

titanfall 2 is far from precious or masterpiece but compare to crap FPS we have today. its something special.

Doom is the game that take FPS back to late 90s/early 00s when FPS games were hardcore, manly and about fun with deep level desing. not scripted, QTE fest we have today.

just like Doom own every SP FPS this generation. Quake champions will own every MP game this generation.

ID software was and still king of FPS.

my friend, how is gaming not manly? so gaming should be girly? like final fantasy and kingdom heart?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Because battlefield has lately been definition of generic. when you my friend criticize Doom for bieng generic but then praise battlefield which is same recyle game in last 6 years.

titanfall 2 is far from precious or masterpiece but compare to crap FPS we have today. its something special.

Doom is the game that take FPS back to late 90s/early 00s when FPS games were hardcore, manly and about fun with deep level desing. not scripted, QTE fest we have today.

just like Doom own every SP FPS this generation. Quake champions will own every MP game this generation.

my friend, how is gaming not manly? so gaming should be girly? like final fantasy and kingdom heart?

Again, I don't praise battlefield 1, I just enjoy playing it, for me it remains generic shooter just like doom. None of these game offer anything special which hasn't been done a thousand times before. These games are nothing more than generic run and gun shooters, just because doom has a few more pathways doesn't mean its special.

Again, gaming has nothing to do with manliness, just because you shoot a gun in a video game doesn't mean you turn into a hardcore tough guy. Any unmanly prick can push a few buttons. If you want to prove your manliness, stop gaming and do something more productive and useful in life.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Again, I don't praise battlefield 1, I just enjoy playing it, for me it remains generic shooter just like doom. None of these game offer anything special which hasn't been done a thousand times before. These games are nothing more than generic run and gun shooters, just because doom has a few more pathways doesn't mean its special.

Again, gaming has nothing to do with manliness, just because you shoot a gun in a video game doesn't mean you turn into a hardcore tough guy. Any unmanly prick can push a few buttons. If you want to prove your manliness, stop gaming and do something more productive and useful in life.

what is so generic about Doom my friend? if anything its one of the most refreshing game this generation (and also last gen in general that was full of COD clones).

Doom is true PC FPS with no regen health, no weapon limit, no linear and scripted level design. Doom was done in 1993 but there was not free mouse look untill quake invented it. Doom 2016 is perfect example of how to make modern Old school FPS. last time i played any FPS that was this good was Stalker SoC. but thats different type of FPS. so for pure FPS it was Half life 2 and its 12 years ago.

alone for this. it deserve Game of the year.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

what is so generic about Doom my friend? if anything its one of the most refreshing game this generation (and also last gen in general that was full of COD clones).

Doom is true PC FPS with no regen health, no weapon limit, no linear and scripted level design. Doom was done in 1993 but there was not free mouse look untill quake invented it. Doom 2016 is perfect example of how to make modern Old school FPS. last time i played any FPS that was this good was Stalker SoC. but thats different type of FPS. so for pure FPS it was Half life 2 and its 12 years ago.

alone for this. it deserve Game of the year.

Your opinion has been noted, but I strongly disagree, as I mentioned previously doom is as simplistic as a shooter can possible be, it brings nothing special to the table, and these few features you mentioned doesn't make this game somehow deserve the game of the year award.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:

Your opinion has been noted, but I strongly disagree, as I mentioned previously doom is as simplistic as a shooter can possible be, it brings nothing special to the table, and these few features you mentioned doesn't make this game somehow deserve the game of the year award.

and what game deserve to be game of the year?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#81 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Even though it didnt deserve a 10, Uncharted 4 is my GOTY. Havent played Dark Souls 3 yet though...
strange it wasnt even nominated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@sailor232 said:

Yeah Blood and Wine isn't in enough of those awards. Uncharted is in too many.

Every category U4 is nominated for is deserved.

"Game of the Year, Best Game Direction, Best Art Direction, Best Narrative, and three nominations in Best Performance for voice actors Nolan North, Troy Baker, and Emily Rose."

Game of the Year - No one who has actually played it, despite his personal take on the game, can argue the game isnt one of the strongest contestants of the year.

Best Game Direction - Great pacing, storytelling, good gunplay, graphics, characters. Its enough for a best game direction nomination to me.

Best art direction - Definitely well deserved nomination. Most scenarios on the game were simply... breathtaking. Previous Uncharted games were already pretty to look at but this one... took it to another new level. And I'm not talking about raw graphics here. I'm talkin about artstyle.

Best narrative - well, it wasnt that good to be honest but I dont know many games, maybe besides Inside and Firewatch, that were better this year. But that may be ignorance on my behalf... I'll give the benefit of the doubt on this one

Best performance for voice actors - Uncharted has alway been known for stellar voice acting and this was no different. When you have two of the best voice actors in the business (Baker and North) and a well capable female voice actress (Rose) you are bound to get nominated. All three were fantastic

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#83 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

I hope Overwatch wins. ?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#84 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

I only watch these shows for new announcements.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

I can't take this too cereal if a piece of refuse like Angry Joe is nominated for a category.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#86 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

Doom....................a very good reboot and a very good game.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Ghosts4ever

@Cloud_imperium said:

I only watch these shows for new announcements.

I cant wait for new remedy announcement.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@princessgomez92 said:

I hope Overwatch wins. ?

my sweet princess, dont be sad because mirrors edge is not nominated in any category?

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Other than Uncharted, which one of those games Xbox only fans can't play clown LOL.

@daredevils2k said:

Poor lems, none of their games were nominated for game of the year :( . It's kinda of sad that the only game MS has a chance of winning anything, is with the racing/sports genre :(

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

I don't know how Overwatch slipped into the back door on this list.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#91 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Biggest Doom Fanboy of the year - Ghosts4ever

lol

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Certainly not doom, maybe mount and blade bannerlord if it turns out good, but we don't know yet, or my personal favorite total war warhammer, even though previous total wars like attila are way better. But lets be honest strategy games and pc exclusive will never win the goty award. Because they are not mainstream enough for them.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Certainly not doom, maybe mount and blade bannerlord if it turns out good, but we don't know yet, or my personal favorite total war warhammer, even though previous total wars like attila are way better. But lets be honest strategy games and pc exclusive will never win the goty award. Because they are not mainstream enough for them.

total wars and mount and blade doesnot have anything we have not seen in gaming before.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

total wars and mount and blade doesnot have anything we have not seen in gaming before.

Are you talking about doom cause it sure sounds like that. I have yet to see any other gaming company to create anything closely resembling total war or mount and blade.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Ghosts4ever

@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:

Are you talking about doom cause it sure sounds like that.

my friend, what kind of PC gamer you are if you are not familiar with id Software and Doom/Quake?

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 thepclovingguy

@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@thepclovingguy said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Are you talking about doom cause it sure sounds like that.

my friend, what kind of PC gamer you are if you are not familiar with id Software and Doom/Quake?

Thing is I am familiar with doom and wolfenstein, I even played the earliest doom and wolfenstein games, doom 3 included, I even got doom 4 sitting in my steam library untouched. These games aren't just that special to me.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By thepclovingguy

Maybe I am a bit too harsh towards doom, its just pisses me off that the gaming media only picks the most mainstream games, while ignoring a bunch of gems on the market. Also, even if doom is a really good game worthy of the goty award, it will not win the game of the year award, you can be sure of that. The media is and always will be biased, doesn't matter if its about politics or gaming. I mean just look at the score gamespot gave infinitive warfare, it got the same score as doom, even though doom is thousand of time better than cod. And that's coming from someone who doesn't care much about doom.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@AtariKidX said:

Doom....................a very good reboot and a very good game.

yeah, been playing it for a while. Having a blast.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#100 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

There's been an update for the best fan creation nominees.

AM2R & Pokemon Uranium Are No Longer Nominees For The Game Awards “Best Fan Creation” Category