The Game Awards 2018 Thread - "More than 10" game announcements

#401 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:

since when do we use steam's scores? it's metacritic or gs, this game is 80 MC, thus, a failure. GOW is better and sold more. L-O-L.

who we?

billion of gamers used steam scores throughout the years. steam scores made our mind to buy or not to buy a game.

enjoy your stupid button smashers and movie games and let us core gamers to play immersive games.

LMAO, dat meltdown. Stay salt, sweetie, but it's simply a fact that you have a narrow mind when it comes to games. And you know what's better? The fps that won any awards this year is Overwatch, a colorful, cheerful happy MP game better than any of the crappy you play. LMAO.

#402 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9136 posts) -

@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:

uh huh, yet the games you like don't sell, have crappy scores and nobody besides you talk about them. but sure, you're right and the world is wrong, talking about being blind.

this was last year report only on PC

https://wholesgame.com/news/doom-sells-2-million-copies-on-pc/

and score overwelmingly positive on steam. try harder.

2 million vs God of War 10+ million. L-M-A-O

its last year data only on steam. beside if sale is quality then mcdonald is best ever.

try harder next time.

94 MC, 10+ million sales, 2018 game of the year, 9.2 user score on MC. It's the world against you. Try harder sweetie.

you made an argument that games i like dont sell. 2 or 3 million is sale that warrent a sequel. 8 is amazing score. but for you games under 9 are worst games ever. LOL console gamers only play scores. rather than game quality.

i see why these awards carter towards casual console gamers (and also casual PC gamers who only play dota/pubg/fortnite)

heres your big failure

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-last-guardian

#403 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:

this was last year report only on PC

https://wholesgame.com/news/doom-sells-2-million-copies-on-pc/

and score overwelmingly positive on steam. try harder.

its last year data only on steam. beside if sale is quality then mcdonald is best ever.

try harder next time.

94 MC, 10+ million sales, 2018 game of the year, 9.2 user score on MC. It's the world against you. Try harder sweetie.

you made an argument that games i like dont sell. 2 or 3 million is sale that warrent a sequel. 8 is amazing score. but for you games under 9 are worst games ever. LOL console gamers only play scores. rather than game quality.

i see why these awards carter towards casual console gamers (and also casual PC gamers who only play dota/pubg/fortnite)

heres your big failure

so... one game that went through development hell is your last resource at a comeback. So lame... GOW is still better than anything you like though, that's a fact. sorry.

#404 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9136 posts) -

@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:

try harder next time.

heres your big failure

so... one game that went through development hell is your last resource at a comeback. So lame... GOW is still better than anything you like though, that's a fact. sorry.

lol its not even better than MGS1 released in 1998. that was best PS1 game ever. let alone today game.

cant stand this stupid hack n slash demon killing fantasy theme.

#405 Posted by Poindexter2291 (6 posts) -

I was hoping the Russo Brothers presence meant an announcement of a new Marvel game :/

#406 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:

try harder next time.

heres your big failure

lol its not even better than MGS1 released in 1998. that was best PS1 game ever. let alone today game.

So... you're using a psx 1998 mainstream game? Weren't mainstream games bad? LMAO you owned yourself.

GOW is still better than any of the games you like, sorry DOOM, STALKER, Metro and all those fps, they can't touch GOW.

better luck next year.

#407 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9136 posts) -

@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:

heres your big failure

So... you're using a psx 1998 mainstream game? Weren't mainstream games bad? LMAO you owned yourself.

GOW is still better than any of the games you like, sorry DOOM, STALKER, Metro and all those fps, they can't touch GOW.

better luck next year.

for console prespective in 1998. it was masterpiece. but compare to games release same era like Half life or Deus Ex. it pale in comparision.

if you like high fantasy greek mythology then sure. but i hate these stuff and prefer sci fi or post apocalyptic.

#408 Posted by ReCloud (4418 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:

heres your big failure

better luck next year.

for console prespective in 1998. it was masterpiece. but compare to games release same era like Half life or Deus Ex. it pale in comparision.

if you like high fantasy greek mythology then sure. but i hate these stuff and prefer sci fi or post apocalyptic.

Unlike you, I like a lot of genres, from all kinds of fiction, I'm not narrow minded to like ONLY sci-fi or post apocalyptic.

#409 Posted by Hawkeye44 (226 posts) -

Looks like the might movie and single player games dominated as always. :D

PS dominated as always.

Game annoucement was trash though, full of small indies.

#410 Posted by PC_Rocks (1800 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@uninspiredcup: Thank youuu! Thought I was the only one who noticed her, she's dynamite. ❤️

Me 3.

#411 Posted by KungfuKitten (26236 posts) -

Don't forget Scavengers... It's (one of the?) first titles to use SpatialOS and that's an interesting tech.

(Essentially it makes it affordable for indie/small size teams to create games in which many players play on one map/in one match. It does this by intelligently using a network of servers that take care of dynamically attributed parts of the map and communicate together. It makes it so that the costs of having more players in one map in your game scales with the amount of players in it, instead of exponentially. (Normally if you add more players, the data of those players will also have to be distributed to all other players and all other players to those players so it gets expensive fast.) So it makes it more affordable to have like 100 players in one match or a 1000. Or to do other things with it rather than add more players... It could theoretically connect different ongoing matches, etc.)

I know, it's a co-optional survival game. I hate those games too. But, I think it may have some surprises in store for us. I'm keeping an eye on it and I signed up for their beta testing.

Oh the devs also consist of 20 experienced people who have worked on several games like Halo, COD, BF, SW Battlefront (I hope it's the old ones XD).

#412 Posted by PC_Rocks (1800 posts) -

Disappointed. I was hoping Dorito pope to propose Kojima on stage.

#413 Edited by kenshiro3948 (406 posts) -

So much tasty salt in this thread from the usual suspects.

"B..b..bu..but Forza should be a GOTY contender!" - 😂

@zappat said:

GOW got GOTY and i_p_daily had a butthurt meltdown. All is right with the world :)

@recloud said:

Came to see ipdairy crying, wasnt disappointed.

He has completely lost it LMAO!

#414 Posted by KBFloYd (21484 posts) -

@poindexter2291 said:

I was hoping the Russo Brothers presence meant an announcement of a new Marvel game :/

there was but its for switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RohG-JzXiM

#415 Edited by Zaryia (7562 posts) -
@recloud said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@recloud said:

@ghosts4ever: yep, because theyre good and polished, unlike the turds you like

so good

Loading Video...

It won a lot of awards

Yet that video he posted is factually accurate, and provides objective evidence in the form of video scenes.

But you seem really attached to scores, so do you acknowledge PC is first place at this review site?