The Game Awards 2018 Thread - "More than 10" game announcements

#301 Edited by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

No metroid. So still no reason to buy a switch unfortunately.

#302 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9819 posts) -

song time again means a break.

also where is alien game? the way geoff hype it as it will change the world???

no show? and award is ending with GOTY awards.

#303 Posted by DaVillain- (36577 posts) -

@ellos said:

Persona 5 has to becoming to Switch. Well done Nintendo that woke me up.

I was thinking the same thing. Persona 5 coming to Switch will piss off the Cows even more so lol.

#304 Posted by GameboyTroy (9147 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Persona in Smash!? OMFG!

How the hell Charizard1605 not see this coming?

Sega owns Atlus, Atlus makes Persona games and Sega puts Sonic in Smash. So Joker is in Smash.

#305 Edited by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

Sorry, no F2P game who count on microtransactions as heavily as Fortnite and Warframe should ever win an award for "best ongoing game" when they make it out to be an award for a game that after release keeps getting support.

A big patch every week, plus hotfixes, sometimes half a dozen a week. Four or more new frames a year. Four new Prime frames a year. Tons of new weapons and gear. Story quests (The Sacrifice, Mask of the Revenant and Chimera Prologue this year), Fortuna (second big open world area) just dropped, with second phase (including Orb fights) to come very soon. Melee 3.0, Railjack, The New War and "secret stuff" coming next year.

Might be a slightly slow year this year, but still tons of stuff. If that's not a game that "keeps getting support," I don't know what is.

#306 Edited by uninspiredcup (33441 posts) -

That girl on the guitar is smokin' hot.

#307 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -

@Jacanuk said:
@AdobeArtist said:

Wrong. Wrong. WRONG!!

Best ongoing game is Warframe! EVERY YEAR!!

Sorry, no F2P game who count on microtransactions as heavily as Fortnite and Warframe should ever win an award for "best ongoing game" when they make it out to be an award for a game that after release keeps getting support.

Warframe allows players to trade with each other, not forcing anyone to buy Platinum (the premium currency) strictly from the Warframe store. ALL new content is made available for FREE; new maps, levels, missions, it's just updated. New Warframes and weapons can be earned from gameplay. No "DLC/Expansion fees" necessary to access these.

Sure the option to buy gear with cash is there, but with evenly paced resource earning through gameplay, Warframe has the most flexible economy and consumer friendly business model in the F2P space. So yes, it very much DOES deserve recognition and accolades for an ongoing game.

#308 Posted by GameboyTroy (9147 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@ellos said:

Persona 5 has to becoming to Switch. Well done Nintendo that woke me up.

I was thinking the same thing. Persona 5 coming to Switch will piss off the Cows even more so lol.

Since they made a PS3 version there's a good chance that Persona 5 will be on the Switch.

https://www.gamespot.com/persona-5/

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#309 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3168 posts) -

NOT RDR2! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#310 Posted by Jacanuk (18493 posts) -

@madrocketeer said:
@Jacanuk said:

A big patch every week, plus hotfixes, sometimes half a dozen a week. Four or more new frames a year. Four new Prime frames a year. Tons of new weapons and gear. Story quests (The Sacrifice this year), big open world area Fortuna update just dropped, with second phase (including Orb fights) to come very soon. Melee 3.0, Railjack, The New War and "secret stuff" coming next year.

Might be a slightly slow year this year, but still tons of stuff. If that's not a game that "keeps getting support," I don't know what is.

A patch is not ongoing support, but does not really matter now, Fortnite got it and thats it.

Oh, and If RDR does not win this one, this award shit is rigged :D

#311 Posted by ellos (2026 posts) -

Get in there GOD OF WAR. Well deserved.

#312 Posted by cainetao11 (36559 posts) -

Well done Santa Monica.

#313 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -

Game of the Year goes to God of War.

#314 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

God Of War! GOTY!

#315 Posted by Archangel3371 (27981 posts) -

Well I thought Red Dead Redemption 2 was for sure going to take the GotY. Kudos to Corey and his team, I’m happy for them.

#316 Posted by getyeryayasout (12330 posts) -

Thank you, Sony.

#317 Posted by dagubot (1316 posts) -

Well done; God of War is simply amazing. That and Horizon are my 2 favorite games on the Playstation.

#318 Posted by Jacanuk (18493 posts) -

Well, that is a lot of crock but at least it was a Sony Exclusive that won :D

RDR 2 is really paying for pissing of the pc crowd.

#319 Posted by texasgoldrush (12833 posts) -

Smash should of had a Dragon Quest character........Joker from persona is a reach.

#320 Posted by DaVillain- (36577 posts) -

God of War won GOTY! Totally didn't see that coming. I thought RDR2 was gonna take that one. God of War is just a great game and another victory for PS4.

Well done Santa Monica, well done.

#321 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

God bless you Sony!

#322 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9819 posts) -

popularity contest. which game is more popular thus wins.

#323 Edited by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

A patch is not ongoing support, but does not really matter now, Fortnite got it and thats it.

Oh, and If RDR does not win this one, this award shit is rigged :D

Er, patches fix bugs, add new content, and tweak existing ones. That's what patches do. That pretty much is ongoing support.

#324 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: which game should have won?

#325 Posted by UItravioIence (1190 posts) -

God bless America and god bless Sony! God of War OFFICIALLY GOTY!

#326 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -

That's a wrap. Excuse me while I go take care of a little troublesome bag of fur, then I'll do the Wikipedia copy-paste edit of the OP, before going for a nap.

#327 Posted by uninspiredcup (33441 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

popularity contest. which game is more popular thus wins.

Pretty shitty Dead Cells got relegated to pre-show and rushed off the stage,

The show overall was probably the best it's been though, though I guess "competent" isn't too big a compliment.

#328 Posted by DaVillain- (36577 posts) -

Great show, awesome world premier trailers, and also, congrats to GOTY 2018 that is God of War!

I will return for TGA 2019.

#329 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9819 posts) -

worst TGA ever. the way it was hyped. 10 new announcements, world will change, alien will come, etc

its all dissappointing. from now i will never believe what geof will ever say.

only decent announcement was outer world.

#330 Posted by Archangel3371 (27981 posts) -

That was quite a good show, I really enjoyed it. Didn’t really get to see anything for Dragon Age 4 but it was still nice to see a teaser for it at least. A fair amount of good looking games to look forward to and just a nice celebration of gaming in general.

#331 Posted by ocinom (1005 posts) -

God of the Year 2018

#332 Posted by AdobeArtist (25156 posts) -

@uitravioience said:

'The manliest, shootiest, high octane, beastly graphics game'... will likely be his answer ;)

#333 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Thank youuu! Thought I was the only one who noticed her, she's dynamite. ❤️

#334 Posted by blamix (810 posts) -

God of War just won GOTY. So happy

#335 Posted by Ghosts4ever (9819 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@uitravioience said:

'The manliest, shootiest, high octane, beastly graphics game'... will likely be his answer ;)

from the nomination. it should be RDR2.

#336 Edited by XVision84 (16051 posts) -

They did such a good job with the show, very impressed with how far they've come. The announcements were disappointing in my opinion, though. I was hoping for one of Avengers, Death Stranding, or The Last of Us.

Obsidian game looks great, at least.

They had the Russo brothers on but they didn't show off the Avengers game, seems like a missed opportunity.

#337 Posted by nintendoboy16 (36254 posts) -

Joker from Persona 5 in Smash. *checks all of the P5 releases, none of them Nintendo*

Loading Video...

#338 Posted by ProtossRushX (5359 posts) -

Sony won the show with god of war dunno why phil spencer was there

#339 Posted by AcidTango (1673 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@AcidTango said:

I was really surprised that a new Mortal Kombat game was announced and that it is coming out in few months. But yeah that music for the trailer is bad. The guy can't even sing. I mean couldn't they get a better song for the trailer?

That rap song was totally horrible. I too was surprsie a new Mortal Kombat game is coming this soon and Mortal Kombat X didn't feel like it came out not to long ago, I just think this new one is too soon. But hey, I'm hook on Mortal Kombat 11 now.

I got Mortal Kombat XL on sale last year and finding out today that Mortal Kombat 11 will be out on April 2019 also feels too soon for me. I really hope that it isn't rushed but still a new Mortal Kombat game is always great news for me.

#340 Posted by Mandzilla (4085 posts) -

This show was pretty meh, with the exception of CTR, Psychonauts 2, a couple of indies and the guitarist girl it was a fairly forgettable experience.

#341 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19685 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

Joker from Persona 5 in Smash. *checks all of the P5 releases, none of them Nintendo*

Loading Video...

Persona Q came out for the DS, and Q2 came out on the 3DS. I don't know why you even care

#342 Posted by General_Solo76 (544 posts) -

Seeing Nintendo get an exclusive game like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was really great

#343 Posted by madrocketeer (6591 posts) -
@madrocketeer said:

That's a wrap. Excuse me while I go take care of a little troublesome bag of fur, then I'll do the Wikipedia copy-paste edit of the OP, before going for a nap.

You know what? The formatting is such that my plan to copy and paste is taking a lot more work than anticipated - and certainly far more work than I care to put in.

Screw it, I'll just link to the Wikipedia page instead.

#344 Edited by GameboyTroy (9147 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

#346 Edited by nintendoboy16 (36254 posts) -

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 a Switch exclusive... Nintendo, Tecmo, and Team Ninja are going to get harassed like Sony and Insomniac were over Spider-Man 2018.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Persona Q came out for the DS, and Q2 came out on the 3DS. I don't know why you even care

Because I am a fan of the Smash series. That's why I care. That, and I am damn sure PQ1 is based on both P3 and P4, not P5.

#347 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (8609 posts) -

@i_p_daily: you might need to take a break from here

#348 Edited by ZmanBarzel (1880 posts) -

@AcidTango: Netherrealm has been on a 2-year alternating rotation between MK and Injustice since “Mortal Kombat” in 2011. MK11 is arriving right on schedule.

@ghosts4ever: Geoff explained the “Worlds Will Change” slogan during the pre-show, saying it was referring to the world of games.

#349 Edited by X_CAPCOM_X (8609 posts) -

strange choice to place the DMC5 demo only on xbox. Oh well, I can also get it later.

#350 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (19685 posts) -
@nintendoboy16 said:

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 a Switch exclusive... Nintendo, Tecmo, and Team Ninja are going to get harassed like Sony and Insomniac were over Spider-Man 2018.

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Because I am a fan of the Smash series. That's why I care. That, and I am damn sure PQ1 is based on both P3 and P4, not P5.

And you forgot that Persona Q2 for the 3DS came out in Japan recently, which has Persona 5 characters in it?