The Fake News vg media is at it again, current gen almost over, MS will dominate next gen!(opinion, don't cry)

• 129 results
Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

It's difficult for me to post at this forum because anytime I post anything even remotely negative about Playstation, I get moderated and messages telling me I will be banned. I was banned for a bit already for engaging in system wars. I am hanging on a thin thread right now for NOTHING. Never insult anyone, I don't troll, I don't do anything other than constructively participate in the systemwars forum.

I didn't know this was the protect Playstation forum, I thought this was systemwars? I start my post with this so the babies can calm down and not cry so much about what I am about to say. No, this is not trolling. Anything negative against Playstaion is called trolling and is a banable offense. That's the trick you guys have. How can it be trolling if it is highly logical and to the best of my knowledge true? Yes it's my opinion but are opinions considered trolling if they are critical of Playstation? That's absurd.

My suggestion to the mods is to tell the Sony crying babies to go to the Playstation section if they can't handle systemwars and of course if I go there anti PS, you can moderate me as you should. This is systemwars, a criticism of Playstation should be allowed, if not what is the point of this board?

Now to the meat of my topic. While most here are concentrating on Sony's domination of current gen, they are ignoring all of the hard work Microsoft is putting in to completely annihilate Sony in the next generation which is coming very soon.

The things MS is building right now simply take time. They have built a robust foundation of technology for their just amazing BC and most importantly, FC. Those who say BC doesn't matter, fail to realize everything you are playing today will be BC next gen. If you think it doesn't matter to play this gen's games @60fps in 4k on the next gen Xbox, you are sadly mistaken. BC also includes current BC with 360 games that already run incredible in 4k on the X1X, will run at 60fps and 4k next gen. Sony is miles behind, so far they can't catch up. The only argument they have is it doesn't matter or streaming is the future. If you're in that camp of beliefs, have fun with that. Videogames is the only form of entertainment people argue BC doesn't matter. No one argues that BC doesn't matter in movies or books for example because again, that's absurd.

Forward compatibility is even more important because it means today's current gen X1X will run all next gen games. Yes they will have to run at 1080p and 30fps but damn that's still amazing to have a console today that runs current gen games at 4k and will still run next gen games pretty good. Sony on the other hand can't compete because their current gen PS4 Pro only has 8 GB of GRAM so that means maybe they can do 720p on next gen games if they put a major effort in developing the framework but they are betting on something else instead.

Sony believes next gen will be a traditional gen. The PS5 will have some form of BC but will most likely run PS4 games in stock form. It will concentrate on the next gen graphical leap. Problem is if you have a current gen system(PS4/PS4 pro), you can't run next gen games. That means day one Sony will start with zero installed base. Microsoft will have millions of users who have an X1X and will just buy next gen games and run them great. If you want 60fps next gen, there will be the next gen Xbox. Sony has fumbled this ball at the 1 yard line because they are squandering their massive lead they accumulated this gen.

Finally games, Sony is the king of games, right? Things change next gen. Have you heard about all of the studios MS has acquired as of late and the others they are looking at and rumored to buy? The main thing that jumps out at you is that the future of Xbox will have a great variety of games and yes, many exclusives. Meanwhile Sony caters to those who love the cinematic "movie game" formula for their exclusives. If that's what you fancy, Sony will be the system for you. Everyone else will move to Xbox.

Pick up a next gen Xbox and you will have literally thousands of games running great in 4k and 60 fps in your living room. Kind of like buying a high end PC only without the headaches and the Xbox lives where PCs can't travel, again the living room. If you're a Playstation owner disgruntled by the direction Sony has taken, you can easily pick up an X1X which will be $199 by then and play all of games with great BC and next gen games as well. You'll be playing the same multiplat games that are running on the PS5 and next gen Xbox, WOW! Looking at it from that perspective in an intelligent logical way, how on earth can Sony compete with Xbox next gen? I am telling you, they can't and they won't.

I am looking for intelligent replies. What do you think Sony will do, do you believe they will change course and surprise everyone with better than expected BC and FC? Or do you believe Sony continuing the traditional generations is the way to go? If so tell me why.

***I am ignoring all of the wall of text replies and the insults. I know the moderators will lock this thread when all the delicate Sony babies cry out. I may even be banned for this offensive "trolling post", so this may be my last post on this forum. If I get banned and this is my last post, have fun posting guys, it's been fun reading and interacting with the intelligent members here. There are a lot of you and that is why I post here. But just realize you are no longer in systemwars. This is a Sony board full of babies who keep asking where are all the Xbox guys? They got banned because of your crying, that's where they are. They are not hiding, you don't tolerate them on this board which ironically is named 'Systemwars'.***

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

We'll get banned again. I ain't reading that shit.

carlquincy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 carlquincy
Member since 2012 • 391 Posts

Agreed. After MS buys Valve and EA, it will be all over.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69411 Posts

First, you should try not sounding like a lunatic. That typically reduces strong negative feedback. Just look at your title.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

I loved the whining on the beggining of the thread.

I loved even more that you people truly belive Sony is doing nothing and that next gen is already Microsoft's.

This arrogance is what destroyed you lemmings this gen, you should hope it doesn't happen again. ;)

And forward compatibility won't happen.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

BC again?

Hey lem, if you didn't notice, the Switch is about to beat the Bone without it.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

Trolling is flaming arguments and schoolyard name calling (like calling people babies while crying injustice).

I'm sure your post will be blocked, that happens when you have to throw jabs in with your opinions. Without those jabs and crying injustice put in, your post would have been to the point with your opinion, and much much shorter. Food for thought.

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

MS is acquiring studios that's great but a little late. Sony meanwhile have been expanding theirs. Some of their studios have increased in size by 300% this gen, many are working on two games at the same time.

Sure things can change, but even during the PS3 years they managed to pull back from losing entirely with just their first party games as multiplats were for the most part better on the Xbox360, pretty impressive feat that Microsoft didn't learn from.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Wait so after 5 long years of getting asspounded, the only thing you have is “just wait...”

Get banned again plz

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

The things MS is building right now simply take time. They have built a robust foundation of technology for their just amazing BC and most importantly, FC. Those who say BC doesn't matter, fail to realize everything you are playing today will be BC next gen. If you think it doesn't matter to play this gen's games @60fps in 4k on the next gen Xbox, you are sadly mistaken. BC also includes current BC with 360 games that already run incredible in 4k on the X1X, will run at 60fps and 4k next gen. Sony is miles behind, so far they can't catch up.

This is one of the most interesting parts..Hahahahaa

The xbox one has BC with 360 and xbox games and no one gives a rats ass,and continue to buy more PS4,hell they continue to buy more switch as well regardless of the switch been weaker than the OG xbox one.

The PS3 on 2006 was BC with more than 4,000 PS1 games and more than 3,500 PS2 games in total almost 8,000 games and no one cared,the xbox 360 was backward compatible with tons of xbox games and no one care people went and bought the wii on masses.

Anyone who believe BC will change anything simple doesn't know history,very few care.

Is a big deal on xbox because the xbox one has shit for exclusives.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Compulsion is already off to a great start with We Happy Few getting 5's and 6's everywhere lol.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@tormentos said:

The things MS is building right now simply take time. They have built a robust foundation of technology for their just amazing BC and most importantly, FC. Those who say BC doesn't matter, fail to realize everything you are playing today will be BC next gen. If you think it doesn't matter to play this gen's games @60fps in 4k on the next gen Xbox, you are sadly mistaken. BC also includes current BC with 360 games that already run incredible in 4k on the X1X, will run at 60fps and 4k next gen. Sony is miles behind, so far they can't catch up.

The xbox one has BC with 360 and xbox games and no one gives a rats ass,and continue to buy more PS4,hell they continue to buy more switch as well regardless of the switch been weaker than the OG xbox one.

The PS3 on 2006 was BC with more than 4,000 PS1 games and more than 3,500 PS2 games in total almost 8,000 games and no one cared,the xbox 360 was backward compatible with tons of xbox games and no one care people went and bought the wii on masses.

Anyone who believe BC will change anything simple doesn't know history,very few care.

And more importantly, some gamers (even in SW) do keep their old consoles anyways like me for instant. I'm not saying BC doesn't matter, we just happened to keep our old consoles for replaying old games and stuff like that.

BC is good and all, but it wasn't MS intention doing BC for Xbox One, it's a great feature but it's not what sells the system, current-gen exclusives is what we all should be focusing on.

Lesson learn. Always keep your old consoles chances are, you'll know it's 100% BC. The only reason why PS4 never got BC is due to PS3 Cells couldn't work on PS4 hardware.

Utensilman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Utensilman
Member since 2006 • 1571 Posts

I bash Sony all the time and don’t run into problems.

Btw PS4 is shallow garbage with exclusives for people with shitty taste

See

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Your entire argument is around the idea that PS4 won't be forwards compatible. It's flat out wrong, and simply conjecture. The PS3, and 360 ran next gen games like Watch Dogs. The PS4 / Pro will run next gen games. Perhaps not at 4K etc., but they will exist.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11082 Posts

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

I can't take anyone ago uses the term "fake news" serious

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Will dominate next gen? Lol do better? yes or maybe.... But dominate? I don’t ‘think so.. PlayStation is worldwide brand for gaming and same can’t be saying about Xbox.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReCloud

There's one simple thing TC failed to realize. If Microsoft claims that next gen games will be playable on current gen Xbox one, why would anyone upgrade their consoles? It was proven by the Wii and the Switch that power doesn't sell consoles, games do.

If you have access to all future library on current hardware, there'll be no reason to upgrade.

Whereas Sony will offer massive new exclusives for new hardware with massive marketing they're known for.

If Microsoft truly follows this path, their next console will fail since nobody will buy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#19 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@recloud: That's why people never upgrade their PCs and PC is such a failed platform.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ni6htmare01

@phbz: and that is why so many people buying Xbx right?

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReCloud

@phbz: are you dense? People upgrade their PCs if the new games are not running fine. On OP's case, the games would run at 1080p/30fps. Console gamers don't give 2 shits about resolution and framerate, they won't be cashing out on new hardware to play the same games they can play on their current platform.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 pdogg93

@Utensilman: wait... aren’t you a hardcore Nintendo fanboy? Talking about shallow exclusives????

L O L.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44552 Posts

Banned for saying something not pro-PlayStation? This isn't NeoGAF, calm down.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56061 Posts

@phbz said:

@recloud: That's why people never upgrade their PCs and PC is such a failed platform.

We upgrade our PC's when we are ready to. I only upgrade 4 years and since my new build was in 2016, my PC is still alive & kickin :)

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@Xplode_games said:

Never insult anyone

You really do live in your own little world, don't you? Anyway, reported because of the insults.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#26 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Forward compatibility? No thanks, I don't buy new consoles to be crippled by their predecessors.

Techhog89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Techhog89
Member since 2015 • 5430 Posts

Oh god, you're both an idiot and Trump supporter.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts
@pdogg93 said:

@Utensilman: wait... aren’t you a hardcore Nintendo fanboy? Talking about shallow exclusives????

L O L.

He's a kid, leave him alone.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
Blackhairedhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackhairedhero
Member since 2018 • 3231 Posts

All rumors show PS5 will have BC.... so what then?

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#30 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

@davillain-: So how's that different from this hypothetical scenario? Games will run much worse on previous gen hardware, will probably run worse as the new gen progresses. People can upgrade when they feel like it.

Don't know if this will ever happened but being games and services much more profitable then hardware I wouldn't be surprised. There's no real incentive to keep within the traditional console format, other than people being used to it (I realize that's important too).

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

FC is the dumbest thing either. Consoles are the reason for the Witchers downgrade.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@pdogg93 said:

Wait so after 5 long years of getting asspounded, the only thing you have is “just wait...”

Get banned again plz

Same thing I was thinking ?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I know I have a reputation of ripping XBox a new one a mile long, but hear me out and reason with me. The problems with the XBox One started long before its actual announcement. The PS3's rise happened largely as a result of the 360's anemic exclusive releases late in the previous generation. People were already feeling burned by the 360 while the PS3 was going HAM with big releases all the way to 2013. The issues with XBox Two have already begun, in simple terms, because none of these studio acquisitions have produced anything substantively pushing the brand forward. It's all talk until games are reviewed and on shelves. It is equally likely that these new studios won't create well received games as it is that they are must-have. You are betting the farm on talk, again. That is not a position of strength and to make things worse, MSes track record for delivering on its loftier promises has been dismal this generation.

A far better scenario for the XBox Two is that MS ends this generation with STRONG releases. They can make things right to current XBox One owners by vindicating their purchase and solidify that loyalty to the brand. What you propose is, to the 't', one of the biggest issues with the XBox brand and something it is making a name for itself on. . . Mainly, throwing the middle finger at their current fanbase to try to create another with the "latest and greatest" new hardware cycle. It's not at all a winning formula, and expecting people to line up by the millions for another plastic box because the last one is just a steaming pile of yesterday's rubble in the eyes of your development teams is going to turn people off.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ni6htmare01

@Shewgenja: imaging their biggest release will br crackdown 3 and maybe the same old halo, gear Forza lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@Shewgenja: imaging their biggest release will br crackdown 3 and maybe the same old halo, gear Forza lol

No. Worse. Imagine they pull what they did with the XBox 360 and XBox One launches. . . Give you your D in your hand for the last two-three years of owning the previous machine only because they have every last man woman and child working on the next generation's launch window so they can hype-train it. Think of all those games the XBox One had at launch through 2014 that ended up on other platforms ultimately, simply because the stank was real. I mean, the best OP can hope for is that XBox Two doesn't have quite as much stank, but that whole "Hey guys, the games will be there, just believe" argument is a card already played. At this point, the brand will be around long enough for it to be a reputation. I won't be alone saying "Hey, wait a minute. . ." if MS goes back for thirdsies.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@Xplode_games said:

***I am ignoring all of the wall of text replies

Says the guy who wrote a 11 paragraph thread that can be summed up in 11 words: "Just you wait, backwards compatibility will pay off big for Xbox".

You need to be more concise. This forum isn't an English Lit. class where you have to pad out a paper to meet a page requirement...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

Yeah they bought five new studios to make those same games right? ?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ni6htmare01

@xhawk27: I’m very aware that they purchase 5 studios and 1 of them ninja theory I happened to like a lot. Do you think those five studio will be able to make new games in the next 2 years for Xbox one or maybe games for next gen system? You tell me. Yeah most likely you will only see the same Halo, Gear, Forza and Crack down 3 for the remaining of this gen.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#39 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

There are no policies in effect which make any negative comments about PlayStation, or any Sony products, a bannable offense.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

@ni6htmare01 said:

@xhawk27: I’m very aware that they purchase 5 studios and 1 of them ninja theory I happened to like a lot. Do you think those five studio will be able to make new games in the next 2 years for Xbox one or maybe games for next gen system? You tell me. Yeah most likely you will only see the same Halo, Gear, Forza and Crack down 3 for the remaining of this gen.

Yeah they are making games for the Next Gen Xbox. I hear people saying that the PS5 is going to be out in late 2019.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ni6htmare01

@xhawk27: I think PS5 will be 2020 at earliest. I personally don’t mind it later. So yeah like we said Xbox one will most likely goes out with those 3 usual games plus crack down 3. I guess if you are fans of those than you’ll be happy.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pdogg93

@xhawk27: next gen Xbox hey? So you’ve been ok with being burned for 5 years only because you might get some decent new games in 2020?? LOL. Lems have such low self esteem

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

I can't take anyone ago uses the term "fake news" serious

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Xposed_clown thread

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#45 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

We'll get banned again. I ain't reading that shit.

Its a two man thing?

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xplode_games

@tormentos said:

BC is only part of the equation. I see you are conveniently leaving out FC. Microsoft having full forward compatibility with next gen games on the current X1X is a deathblow to Sony if Sony doesn't make drastic changes to it's future strategy immediately.

I will explain why if it is not obvious to you. Sony has won this gen hands down, that is a given. I am not arguing against that as it would be absurd to do so. What I am arguing is that Sony is making a big mistake by dumping their massive installed base, all those over 100 million PS4 owners there will be at this end of this gen will be down to ZERO to begin the next gen. Because no one will own a PS5 until it is released. PS4 owners won't be able to play PS5 games so the PS5 installed base will be ZERO on day one of next gen.

Let's look at the next gen console buying decision to fully make my point. One one side you have Sony's PS5. It will cost most likely $500 and play a handful of launch PS5 games that will be amazing graphically but just a handful of games. Most of the launch PS5 games will be multiplat and the games of next gen just like every other gen will be multiplats. Then you will have all PS4 games which I am assuming will run on the PS5 with full BC. However, they will run the same as they did on the PS4 if they don't receive a patch and most will not.

On the Xbox side you will have an option to buy an X1X if you don't already own one for $199 or you can get a next gen Xbox for most likely $500. The difference will be that the X1X will run next gen games at only 1080p and 30fps while the next Xbox will run them at 4k and 60fps. On the BC side the X1X runs games at 4k and 30 fps, the next Xbox will run BC games at a full 4k and 60 fps. So yes there is a good reason to go with the next Xbox but if you just get an X1X you will be fine. You will play all next gen games and this gen games as well as all of the prior gen games microsoft has added to the still growing Xbox BC catalog such as Morrowind and KOTOR for example.

But here is the nuclear blast, there are already millions of people who already own a next gen console(in a way) because the X1X will play all next gen Xbox games. That means the X1X will play the best games in the next gen including the best multiplat PS5 and next Xbox games which will probably be the best games of next gen. Microsoft already has started their next gen with the X1X even if most haven't realized it yet, it's called Foward Compatibility. In other words, Microsoft has eliminated traditional console generations meanwhile Sony hasn't. Don't you see how huge that is? Sony's demise is not only possible, it is inevitable unless they make big changes immediately.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xplode_games

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Your entire argument is around the idea that PS4 won't be forwards compatible. It's flat out wrong, and simply conjecture. The PS3, and 360 ran next gen games like Watch Dogs. The PS4 / Pro will run next gen games. Perhaps not at 4K etc., but they will exist.

My argument is based on Microsoft laying out their future plans which does away with traditional console generations meanwhile Sony is sticking with traditional console gens. There is also a hardware and software barrier for Sony because they didn't think ahead as Microsoft has. They only have 8 GB of GRAM even on their PS4 Pro which is a bottleneck in getting next gen games to even run. The X1X was built with next gen in mind with 12 GBs of GRAM, Microsoft fully intended it would run all next gen games at reduced settings.

Then you have the software side of it. Microsoft is already building all their games with next gen in mind. It will be not only easy for the next gen Xbox to do great BC at a full 4k and 60 fps, it will be automatic without the need for a patch. Sony will be years behind which means they can't catch up anymore. And they haven't even realized it yet so they are still running in the wrong direction losing more ground.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Even with the ability of diagonal reading... I was going to find a meme with didn't read lol

but since you're a lem, I tried to read some of it.

Ms will never dominate, they cater mature hardcore gamers that rather play on a console than on a pc,

Playstation is for casuals that like watching cutscenes, kids and japanese oriented games.

and that group is just a lot bigger.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Xplode_games

@recloud said:

There's one simple thing TC failed to realize. If Microsoft claims that next gen games will be playable on current gen Xbox one, why would anyone upgrade their consoles? It was proven by the Wii and the Switch that power doesn't sell consoles, games do.

If you have access to all future library on current hardware, there'll be no reason to upgrade.

Whereas Sony will offer massive new exclusives for new hardware with massive marketing they're known for.

If Microsoft truly follows this path, their next console will fail since nobody will buy it.

Why would anyone buy a next gen Xbox instead of an X1X? That is a good question so I will answer it intelligently. First of all, better graphics which is the point of next gen after all isn't it? Not only better graphics but you get more than that. If you spend $500 on a next gen Xbox you will run next gen games at 4k and 60 fps.

I just said 60 fps, isn't that the magical thing that drives everyone around here crazy because anything less is trash? Wait, there's more. All of your existing Xbox games will run in BC at 4k and again 60fps. Isn't it just nice to get that type of support after spending $500 on new hardware?

Now I ask this, why would anyone buy a PS5 next gen? Yes the next gen PS5 games will look and run amazing but the old PS4 games in BC will look exactly the same as they did on the PS4. You won't get 4k and you certainly won't get 60fps.

The final thing and this is the most important thing and that is future strategy. When "next gen" hits, the X1X will run all next gen Xbox games at reduced settings but the regular X1S will become obsolete as it will not run next gen games at all. Well, when you buy a next gen Xbox, you can be sure it will run all next games and games of the gen after that at reduced settings. In other words, the next gen Xbox will run PS5 level games and PS6 level games at reduced settings. Buying a PS5 only gets you the ability to only run PS5 level games really good and nothing else. If you keep your PS4 Pro you will do the same at running last gen games than what the PS5 will give you. But if you buy a next gen Xbox, you will be getting huge upgrades all around and a bright future.

One final point I want to make is that Microsoft doesn't care if you by an X1X or a next gen Xbox, it's all the same to them. They have eliminated console generations and that is something a lot of you will not fully realize until the reality hits and then that is when we will see this max exodus from Playstation to Xbox. The X1X will be a great choice for a lot of people next gen. Not everyone will want to spend $500 on a new console to play next gen games. A lot will be more than happy to pay $199 for the X1X and upgrade later to the more powerful hardware when it's cheaper.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xplode_games

@blackhairedhero said:

All rumors show PS5 will have BC.... so what then?

Not good BC and what about FC?