The Evolution of the XBone & PS4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

If you recall when the Xbox 360 and PS3 launched they were pretty "bare bones".. The UI's were very basic in scope and the overall box functionality was lacking.

Fast forward 5-6 years and both boxes received major upgrades in streamlining and options. From upgraded Wifi functionality to HHD saves to Cloud service.

My question is what upgrades do you foresee with these new fangled boxes?

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

the Change Xbox made seems to be pretty drastic but I got to say I never saw my ps3 UI really change since I got it though . Im not sure what changes they could think of now they seem pretty good as is

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#3 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

I hope Sony fixes the PS4's UI fast. This is three systems in a row with substandard UIs, although I've become quite used to the PS3's XMB in the past six years. But the Vita's and PS4's UI are just so cluttered and unclean at times.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By OhSnapitz

@Blabadon said:

I hope Sony fixes the PS4's UI fast. This is three systems in a row with substandard UIs, although I've become quite used to the PS3's XMB in the past six years. But the Vita's and PS4's UI are just so cluttered and unclean at times.

..Maybe I'm just a Noob to the PS brand UI (although I did own a PS3/PSP for a bit), but I really don't like the navigation. There should be a more condensed way of selecting software/Movies/Music ect..

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

I just wish PSN wasn't so laggy on PS3

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Shitbox third needs to just die.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

@lostrib: this x100000

If you have a smartphone browse the ps store from the app and download directly to your ps3

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

They start by letting you play local content in your network, like music, and movies.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 OhSnapitz

@Indicud said:

@lostrib: this x100000

If you have a smartphone browse the ps store from the app and download directly to your ps3

But that doesn't really help the PS3's UI.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@Blabadon said:

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15145-sony-working-ps4-user-interface-improvement-new-firmware-incoming-hints-ins.html

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I guess my standards are low, but I generally don't have issues with console UIs and features. As long as I can get in my games quickly I'm ok.

My biggest wish for PS4 is that we see disc based PSOne and PS2 BC that works with Remote play. We know Sony has (somewhat) working emulators for both on the PS4, but I don't know if they will ever release, or if they'll support RP on Vita. If it happens I'll be thrilled.

If I were to guess on short term additions I'd say increased media functionality will be coming to both systems, along with basic UI improvements that should've probably been there on day one, but whatever. You'll also see them working to finish missing/promised/buggy UI features ASAP. Once they have those settled it's going to depend on what the community is groaning the loudest about, I imagine.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 OhSnapitz

@santoron said:

I guess my standards are low, but I generally don't have issues with console UIs and features. As long as I can get in my games quickly I'm ok.

My biggest wish for PS4 is that we see disc based PSOne and PS2 BC that works with Remote play. We know Sony has (somewhat) working emulators for both on the PS4, but I don't know if they will ever release, or if they'll support RP on Vita. If it happens I'll be thrilled.

If I were to guess on short term additions I'd say increased media functionality will be coming to both systems, along with basic UI improvements that should've probably been there on day one, but whatever. You'll also see them working to finish missing/promised/buggy UI features ASAP. Once they have those settled it's going to depend on what the community is groaning the loudest about, I imagine.

...Home maybe? lol

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I see the Xbone UI getting a big overhaul now that Kinectless Xbones are in the wild. It's bad when the 360 is easier to navigate than the Xbone. Even simple things like looking at achievements feels slow like an app loading up.