SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 34723 Posts

When it comes to multiplats, I wonder which version to get on certain games. One of the factors for me is the dualsense controller. I really like that developers are taking advantage of the controller's features. It adds another level of immersion to the game. Whether it's the triggers which try to emulate a certain action (i.e. pulling a trigger), or the haptic feedback which gives you the feel of movement (the grass!!), or even the speakers where you hear Julianna in Deathloop taunting you while you're trying to play. These are all great features, and if developers continue to use it, I can see it being an advantage for Sony. What do you think, SW? Does Sony have an edge with the PS5 controller?

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 1994 Posts

It’s features are so useless and gimmicky. The mic is so stupid cause it picks up sounds too easily, even controller vibrations and causes you to get automuted.

The trigger feedback is also useless and while playing Fortnite I have to turn it off cause it messes up my aiming.

The touchpad is still a silly design and makes zero sense. Why didn’t Sony put the touchpad on the back of the controller? How can you suck that bad a design?

And not let’s forget the super poor battery life because of these poor design choices. Thank you Sony.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 outworld222
Member since 2004 • 3524 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: I would say certainly they do.

Whether it’s grass movement, rumble control, or whatever else features the controller may have, it is a definite positive for gaming.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 15977 Posts

"When it comes to multiplats, I wonder which version to get on certain games. One of the factors for me is the dualsense controller"

oof TC.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SolidGame_basic

@mesome713: how can having a built in mic be a bad thing? my only annoyance with it is that it should default to off instead of on lol. sometimes I forget that it's on!

@outworld222 said:

@SolidGame_basic: I would say certainly they do.

Whether it’s grass movement, rumble control, or whatever else features the controller may have, it is a definite positive for gaming.

Yep, I'm really looking forward to Horizon Forbidden West. I think we will see some really cool things done with that.

@hardwenzen said:

"When it comes to multiplats, I wonder which version to get on certain games. One of the factors for me is the dualsense controller"

oof TC.

what?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@SolidGame_basic: Performance and visuals should be the reason to choose whichever version, not a controller (especially when the X offering is also very good). Big oof🤢

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen said:

@SolidGame_basic: Performance and visuals should be the reason to choose whichever version, not a controller (especially when the X offering is also very good). Big oof🤢

Well yea, but PS5 is no slouch either!

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 1994 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: The mic sucks cause it picks up sounds like vibration to easily and gets you automuted. Which is THE WORST when competing in Fortnite.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 16617 Posts

The 2 mics is good because it means everyone can chat and the voice comes through with minimal background noise

The triggers give you feedback that makes sense and allow additional functions

The haptics provide subdued environmental cues that add to the ambience

The speaker adds an extra sound channel for atmosphere, which actually sounds clear like on a good phone

In previous gens I would end up turning these off including the rumble which becomes annoying, a scratchy sounding speaker on the Wii and PS4, the buzzy vibration on the Switch, or the rumble triggers on the One which I can barely tell apart from the normal rumble in the controller.

I still am impressed by the way games are using the DS5 features and it's very welcome in games. It's a new bar, Nintendo and MS should be doing the same thing and this stuff should be standard.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 39203 Posts

It was nice in Deathloop (which has Dualsense support on PC)

I liked how Juliana's voice came from the controller

I gotta admit: battery life and mic quality is so much better than on the Dualshock 4.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 52068 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

Oh I thought you just didn't believe in Manticores.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SolidGame_basic

@R4gn4r0k said:

It was nice in Deathloop (which has Dualsense support on PC)

I liked how Juliana's voice came from the controller

I gotta admit: battery life and mic quality is so much better than on the Dualshock 4.

From what I've experienced, I think it's 10 hours which isn't too bad, but yea, not like the Switch Pro controller which seems to last forever. But hey, still better than the abysmal Wii U controller which was like 2-3 hours lol As for mic, I never use mics lol and often mute everyone haha.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k

@SolidGame_basic said:

From what I've experienced, I think it's 10 hours which isn't too bad, but yea, not like the Switch Pro controller which seems to last forever. But hey, still better than the abysmal Wii U controller which was like 2-3 hours lol As for mic, I never use mics lol and often mute everyone haha.

I think the Wii U pro controller had like 70 hours, haha

Either that or I played very little on my Wii U, that could be it.

I never have to mute people on console, because I don't play online.

On PC however I only play games online that require people to communicate and work together.

So it's not just baby gibberish all the time.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@R4gn4r0k: oh I meant the regular Wii U controller, the one with the LCD.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k

@SolidGame_basic said:

@R4gn4r0k: oh I meant the regular Wii U controller, the one with the LCD.

Yeah the prototype for the Switch had some truly abysmal battery life :p

And I mostly just let it sit in the cradle and just always used the Pro controller for every game.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 36888 Posts

Haven’t tried a PS5 Dual Sense controller yet myself but I doubt that it’ll make me want to use the PS5 as my multi platform system. The feedback probably won’t be enough to sway me no matter how cool I may find it to be. I just very much prefer the Xbox ecosystem and everything else about its controller.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 558 Posts

I like the dualsense more than I liked the dualshock. I like how it feels in my hands which was a surprise as it felt a bit too large at first. However, the haptic feedback isn't something that I care for a ton and have turned it off a few times when it was straining my fingers too much. It's a great controller and one of my favorites ever, I just don't care about some of the parts that are selling points for it.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 6991 Posts

@Jendeh said:

I like the dualsense more than I liked the dualshock. I like how it feels in my hands which was a surprise as it felt a bit too large at first. However, the haptic feedback isn't something that I care for a ton and have turned it off a few times when it was straining my fingers too much. It's a great controller and one of my favorites ever, I just don't care about some of the parts that are selling points for it.

yup. good controller but I honestly dont care about the haptics n shit

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371 said:

Haven’t tried a PS5 Dual Sense controller yet myself but I doubt that it’ll make me want to use the PS5 as my multi platform system. The feedback probably won’t be enough to sway me no matter how cool I may find it to be. I just very much prefer the Xbox ecosystem and everything else about its controller.

How can you doubt something you haven't tried 😎

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Archangel3371

@SolidGame_basic: Easy, because I have a brain that is capable of taking in information on something and imagining how I will feel about it. 😎

Not saying that I won’t like the haptic feedback of the Dual Sense controller just saying that there’s a bunch of other reasons as to what platform I play my multi platform games on and haptic feedback of a controller isn’t an important enough feature to override those reasons for me.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371 said:

@SolidGame_basic: Easy, because I have a brain that is capable of taking in information on something and imagining how I will feel about it. 😎

Not saying that I won’t like the haptic feedback of the Dual Sense controller just saying that there’s a bunch of other reasons as to what platform I play my multi platform games on and haptic feedback of a controller isn’t an important enough feature to override those reasons for me.

Except the DualSense has more features than just haptic feedback and the haptic feedback is more advanced than your mind may have imagined experiencing 😎

x_hedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 x_hedon
Member since 2019 • 1934 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: most third parties aren’t bothering supporting it. I personally disabled mine because it’s annoying during games and loud after long periods of playing

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Archangel3371

@SolidGame_basic: Yes, yes. I know the Dual Sense has more features then the haptic feedback. Just saying that I doubt the controller will be enough to sway me to make the PS5 my system of choice for multi platform games. Never said that it definitely won’t though, simply said that right now I doubt that it will though. Like I said previously I haven’t tried it but as of right now I just doubt that it’ll be enough for me just based on personal preferences of course. Different people hold different things to different priorities. 🤷‍♂️ 😎

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SolidGame_basic

@Archangel3371:👍😉

@x_hedon said:

@SolidGame_basic: most third parties aren’t bothering supporting it. I personally disabled mine because it’s annoying during games and loud after long periods of playing

From what I've played/read, RE Village, Guardians of the Galaxy, COD, Battlefield, and more have it. I was playing a mini game in Lost Judgement which utilized it too. Not sure if Sony is trying to get 3rd party developers to use it, but I'm definitely seeing it be used.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
GoldenElementXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GoldenElementXL
Member since 2016 • 6868 Posts

I don’t care for the mic, but I really enjoy everything else on the DualSense controller. And for shooters it’s a lot of fun. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a competitive disadvantage to be fighting with your triggers, but it does add to the immersion of firing a gun. I just wish somebody would make a good FPS campaign so I can use the feature more…

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By blaznwiipspman1  Online
Member since 2007 • 9866 Posts

Well the dual sense controller is one of the best parts of the ps5. I rank it above the xbox controller just because of the features. Not all of them are useful though, for example the touch pad isn't something I used all that much and most games I tried never made use of it either. Contrary to others saying the mic isn't something they like, I loved how it was used in tlou and tlou2. The clicker sounds coming from the mic, and the torch light sounds were all nice touches. But that's expected of naughty dog. I'm not sure what the heck haptic feedback is, but I did feel that the rumble was more nuanced than on the xbox controller. The double trigger thing was annoying in COD though and it would probably be just as bad in other fps games.

Would I buy games based on the controller? Yes, but it depends on the game and if the performance is up to par with the xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#27  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 56447 Posts

Haptic feedback is never a reason for me to pick a game on a specific platform. Reminds me of HD rumble nonsense 🤣.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro: you're just mad you can't feel it with your keyboard 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

Feel what with the keyboard? What are you talking about?

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 6508 Posts

Didn't the TC create a similar thread(s) already in the past? Is TC feeling left out again the last some months?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Feel what with the keyboard? What are you talking about?

You PC gamers feel left out since you can't feel rumble on your keyboard and mouse 🤣

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#32 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 8375 Posts

Cool for racing games, turn it off everywhere else.

Better yet get a wheel with force feedback and toss the controller out.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

You PC gamers feel left out since you can't feel rumble on your keyboard and mouse 🤣

Stupid fits you well. 😎 PC gamers can game with a controller and the computer that you are still butthurt about, I don't game on.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidGame_basic
@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Stupid fits you well. 😎 PC gamers can game with a controller and the computer that you are still butthurt about, I don't game on.😂

So you confirmed the DualSense difference #hooklinesinker 😎

Miyomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Miyomatic
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts

It's easily the best controller of all time, nothing comes close. If you have the option, you sieze the opportunity, buckle up, and hold that wonder of engineering with both hands. You tremble at the thought of relying on AA batteries and not knowing if your controller will die right in the middle of a 1-on-1 firefight situation with the game on the line, so you choose to do better and thank Sony when you put your opponent down. It's scientifically proven to get you locked in 3x faster than other controllers thanks to the genius haptic feedback and triggers. It gives you the awareness of a jungle cat crossbred with a ninja thanks to the speakers in the controller.

For those of you who hate Sony so much, you should take advantage of the holiday sales and buy a DS controller while it's $5 off, because at that price, you are literally stealing from Sony with the added benefit of experiencing the best controller on the market.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic said:

You just confirmed that stupid is a perfect fit for you. 😂

You suck at this, I suggest you stay in your lane.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 4979 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

No.

Games will decide who "wins" this gen.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

You just confirmed that stupid is a perfect fit for you. 😂

You suck at this, I suggest you stay in your lane.

It's ok, you can admit that you got owned and move on with your life 😉

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@SolidGame_basic: You are still trying and still sucking at it. 😂 Now tell us more about PC keyboards. 🤣

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 174

#40 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 14525 Posts

I've used the DualSense on both PS5 and PC and all its gimmicks are a non factor. Anybody who hypes it is an idiot.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 9266 Posts

@mesome713 said:

It’s features are so useless and gimmicky. The mic is so stupid cause it picks up sounds too easily, even controller vibrations and causes you to get automuted.

The trigger feedback is also useless and while playing Fortnite I have to turn it off cause it messes up my aiming.

The touchpad is still a silly design and makes zero sense. Why didn’t Sony put the touchpad on the back of the controller? How can you suck that bad a design?

And not let’s forget the super poor battery life because of these poor design choices. Thank you Sony.

You sound like you need to do yourself a huge favor, and either sell your ps5, or take it back to where you bought it. You’ll be much happier it seems.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ermacness
@BassMan said:

I've used the DualSense on both PS5 and PC and all its gimmicks are a non factor. Anybody who hypes it is an idiot.

Or really likes the features.🤷‍♀️

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ermacness

@hardwenzen said:

Show me where it’s written that “if one should make a purchase of a multiplat, the desired platform of choice shall come down to performance and visuals”.

I’ll wait.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

Show me where it’s written that “if one should make a purchase of a multiplat, the desired platform of choice shall come down to performance and visuals”.

I’ll wait.

That's like asking for a written evidence that a dude can take a piss while standing🤦‍♂️Common sense says hi.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidGame_basic

@hardwenzen: according to your "common sense", Switch should be getting spanked now!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By hardwenzen
@SolidGame_basic said:

@hardwenzen: according to your "common sense", Switch should be getting spanked now!

If kids owning the system wasn't a thing, it should be. But since we live in a world where pleasing 'the kid' is this profitable, its actually the rout to take if you want to print as much cash as humanly possible.

Also, if you look at the 3rd party sales, it is getting spanked. Nobody who owns a Switch and any of the other systems is crazy enough to get the Switch version with worse online, worse visuals and frames.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ermacness

@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

I’ll wait.

That's like asking for a written evidence that a dude can take a piss while standing🤦‍♂️Common sense says hi.

Well, it was YOU who tried to tell someone the metric they should use when purchasing a version of multiplat, according to you.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ermacness
@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

If kids owning the system wasn't a thing, it should be. But since we live in a world where pleasing 'the kid' is this profitable, its actually the rout to take if you want to print as much cash as humanly possible.

Also, if you look at the 3rd party sales, it is getting spanked. Nobody who owns a Switch and any of the other systems is crazy enough to get the Switch version with worse online, worse visuals and frames.

Nintendo platforms are commonly used and bought for Nintendo exclusives.

Please tune in at 11, when we have a breakdown on water being wet.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 SolidGame_basic

@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

I’ll wait.

Well, it was YOU who tried to tell someone the metric they should use when purchasing a version of multiplat, according to you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:
@ermacness said:
@hardwenzen said:

I’ll wait.

There's no metric, its common sense. If the same game is available on a better system, and you own all of them to have a choice, the game on the better system is always the priority unless you have friends on the inferior system that you want to play with.