The dog happy life for psp....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Bbird
Member since 2006 • 978 Posts
link

Come on.... if this doesn't scream "rip-off!!!" I don't know what. Nintendogs.. anyone?

It seems that psp wants to leech off every aspect of nintendo's success!

Aside from my biased rantings, who thinks that this game will be successful despite lack of touchscreen interactivity. (I sure as hell don't)
kaptainownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 kaptainownage
Member since 2003 • 871 Posts
[QUOTE="Bbird"]link

Come on.... if this doesn't scream "rip-off!!!" I don't know what. Nintendogs.. anyone?

Aside from my biased rantings, who thinks that this game will be successful despite lack of touchscreen interactivity. (I sure as hell don't)

I've never like the "pet in a console or handheld" concept to begin with.  If I really wanted to, I'd go buy a real dog.
2FacedJanus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 2FacedJanus
Member since 2004 • 8236 Posts
Does the psp even have a mic? if not that pretty much takes all the fun out of nintendogs
Johnny_Sack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Johnny_Sack
Member since 2006 • 4586 Posts
old and we all know the PSP sucks
Psviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Psviper
Member since 2005 • 987 Posts
You could call it a  "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Either way I do not see it as being as huge as Nintendogs because the PSP owners attend to a slightly different type of game than DS owners.
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bbird
You could call it a "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Either way I do not see it as being as huge as Nintendogs because the PSP owners attend to a slightly different type of game than DS owners.
Psviper

this is too much of a coincidence for it not to be a rip-off
Johnny_Sack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Johnny_Sack
You could call it a "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Psviper

Dude that's the EXACT SAME GAME as Nintendogs. Just like they're bringing out Animal Crossing and Brain Training clones in an effort to disguise the general crapness of the PSPort. Face it the PSP sucks
ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
LOL @ the Cows who dissed Nintendogs. :lol:
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bbird
[QUOTE="Johnny_Sack"]
Psviper

Dude that's the EXACT SAME GAME as Nintendogs. Just like they're bringing out Animal Crossing and Brain Training clones in an effort to disguise the general crapness of the PSPort. Face it the PSP sucks

ya know... using the word clones for the psp games kinduh makes it seem like the psp is a bootleg ds... which, based on  the direction it's taking.... it seems to be
jets81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jets81
Member since 2005 • 2100 Posts
"The Dog Happy Life" is an old character franchise... older than Nintendogs. http://www.thedog-clubs.com/thedog.html
woohooforme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 woohooforme
Member since 2005 • 2664 Posts
Ugh. Another sub-par game coming the PSP's way.
jpKNOCKOUT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jpKNOCKOUT
Member since 2005 • 4393 Posts
    remember the rip off of the 2 characters that looked like mario and luigi? that was scary
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bbird
[QUOTE="jets81"]"The Dog Happy Life" is an old character franchise... older than Nintendogs. And Sony doesn't make it, Yukes does.

really... it's weird they were interested in putting effort into the franchise AFTER nintendogs came along.
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bbird

What cheek! Baitohel 2000 is a Sony First Party Wario Ware Clone for the PSP showcased at the Tokyo Game Show which feature a pair of familiar characters. Not so much parody as a low brow rip off.
Bobakuzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#15 Bobakuzero
Member since 2005 • 12162 Posts

Can some one show the animal crossing and brain training clones?

karicha9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 karicha9
Member since 2003 • 6927 Posts
What about the wario ware ripoff that's coming.

It's entitled, "WTF".  No joke, it's on the PSP page.  :lol:
-RastaDon-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -RastaDon-
Member since 2004 • 3810 Posts

What about the wario ware ripoff that's coming.

It's entitled, "WTF".  No joke, it's on the PSP page.  :lol:
karicha9

Indeed, and it looks like ownage. :)

Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Bbird
http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/psp/psp-isle-resort-game-for-grownups-167818.php

animal crossing ripoff
Johnny_Sack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Johnny_Sack
I think we should lay off the PSP crabs. After all they can't play Lumines, Syphon Filter and Daxter forever. Let them have some second rtate clones of DS games if it makes them happy
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bbird
http://wireless.ign.com/articles/698/698668p1.html

braint training ripoff
gatomalo69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gatomalo69
Member since 2005 • 31 Posts
[QUOTE="Bbird"]http://wireless.ign.com/articles/698/698668p1.html

braint training ripoff

i dont see it for the psp
A2D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 A2D
Member since 2005 • 4658 Posts
[QUOTE="jets81"]"The Dog Happy Life" is an old character franchise... older than Nintendogs. http://www.thedog-clubs.com/thedog.html

Wow, didn't know that. I guess they all pay homage to Dogz and then Catz though.
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bbird
I remember those "the dog" commercials.. but why would a strictly toy company switch to games if it weren't for some sort of "inspiration"..

if ya catch my drift...:wink:
Johnny_Sack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Johnny_Sack
[QUOTE="jets81"]"The Dog Happy Life" is an old character franchise... older than Nintendogs. http://www.thedog-clubs.com/thedog.html

Just like motion sensing is an old concept, older than the Wii.

Sony just decided to do it right after Nintendo. It's all a gicantic coincidence :roll:
Avatar image for InfinitySamurai
InfinitySamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 InfinitySamurai
Member since 2003 • 1441 Posts
From Sony's Devs:

"Warioware ripoff . . .  Check!"
"Animal Crossing ripoff . . .  Check!"
"Advance Wars ripoff . . . Check!"
"Nintendogs ripoff . . . Check!"
"Brain Training ripoff . . . Check!"
"Alright, good, now lets wait around for Nintendo's next blockbuster game"

megamegaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 megamegaman
Member since 2003 • 3302 Posts
Its so sad that Sony has to get lame 3rd parties to make half assed rip offs just to try and out sell the DS. No one is going to pay $250 just to play a crappy Nintendogs clone that doesnt even have touch screen interaction.
louislegros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#27 louislegros
Member since 2005 • 11530 Posts
possibly successful in Japan, won't make a dent in North America, the PSP owners want GTA, Madden and need for speed 15352345
-RastaDon-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -RastaDon-

From Sony's Devs:

"Warioware ripoff . . .  Check!"
"Animal Crossing ripoff . . .  Check!"
"Advance Wars ripoff . . . Check!"
"Nintendogs ripoff . . . Check!"
"Brain Training ripoff . . . Check!"
"Alright, good, now lets wait around for Nintendo's next blockbuster game"

InfinitySamurai

WTF isn't a Warioware ripoff.

Avatar image for videogamegirl05
videogamegirl05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 videogamegirl05
Member since 2004 • 21306 Posts

LOL @ the Cows who dissed Nintendogs. :lol:ChupacabraIII

the difference is there are no cows hyping this game :?

CCGrifter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CCGrifter
Member since 2005 • 406 Posts
I think I speak for all cows when I say I denounce this game.
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Bbird
[QUOTE="louislegros"]possibly successful in Japan, won't make a dent in North America, the PSP owners want GTA, Madden and need for speed 15352345

don't forget mlb '06 live the show..

that is the most popular and casual psp game i've seen. It should be selling alot because i've seen it... ALOT.. how much did that game sell anyway?
Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bbird
[QUOTE="Bbird"]
What cheek! Baitohel 2000 is a Sony First Party Wario Ware Clone for the PSP showcased at the Tokyo Game Show which feature a pair of familiar characters. Not so much parody as a low brow rip off.

it's also a weird coincidence that the red character has the japanese symbol for "Ma" on his hat.. which are evidently the first two letters of mario's name.

saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#33 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts
Same with Field Commander. That was even in EGM's review of it. They said something along the lines of "The blatant copying of Advance Wars is obvious."
HXCDEW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 HXCDEW
Member since 2005 • 2007 Posts
[QUOTE="Bbird"]link

kaptainownage

I've never like the "pet in a console or handheld" concept to begin with.  If I really wanted to, I'd go buy a real dog.

-RastaDon-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -RastaDon-

[QUOTE="Bbird"]
What cheek! Baitohel 2000 is a Sony First Party Wario Ware Clone for the PSP showcased at the Tokyo Game Show which feature a pair of familiar characters. Not so much parody as a low brow rip off. Bbird

it's also a weird coincidence that the red character has the japanese symbol for "Ma" on his hat.. which are evidently the first two letters of mario's name.

Baito Hell 2000 isn't a Warioware rip-off.  It's a sequel to a PS1 game from 1998 called Hell's Groove Station.  So that means Warioware could have copied that game.

GreaseMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GreaseMonkey
Member since 2003 • 6747 Posts

What cheek! Baitohel 2000 is a Sony First Party Wario Ware Clone for the PSP showcased at the Tokyo Game Show which feature a pair of familiar characters. Not so much parody as a low brow rip off. Bbird

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/puzzle/bytehell2000/index.html?q=work%20time%20fun

Coolblue2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Coolblue2
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts

[QUOTE="Psviper"]You could call it a "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Johnny_Sack

I agree.  It can't be a conincedence EVERY time Nintendo does something successful and Sony comes after it.  At some point you would think Sony would be the first to do something that will be well-recieved.  But they just happened to have been working on a brain training game before the original was announced, and they just happened to have been working on a puppy simulator before Nintendogs was released, and they just happened to be working on analog before Nintendo did it, and they just happened to be working on motion sensing before Nintendo brought out the Wii, and they just happened to be working on rumble before the 64 came out as well.  That's too much coincedence!  And it's annoying that this stuff is branded gimmicky or kiddy, and then those same people rejoice when Sony does it! 

Bbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Bbird

[QUOTE="Johnny_Sack"] [QUOTE="Psviper"]You could call it a "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Coolblue2

I agree. It can't be a conincedence EVERY time Nintendo does something successful and Sony comes after it. At some point you would think Sony would be the first to do something that will be well-recieved. But they just happened to have been working on a brain training game before the original was announced, and they just happened to have been working on a puppy simulator before Nintendogs was released, and they just happened to be working on analog before Nintendo did it, and they just happened to be working on motion sensing before Nintendo brought out the N64, and they just happened to be working on rumble before the 64 came out as well. That's too much coincedence! And it's annoying that this stuff is branded gimmicky or kiddy, and then those same people rejoice when Sony does it!

QFT
Johnny_Sack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Johnny_Sack

[QUOTE="Johnny_Sack"] [QUOTE="Psviper"]You could call it a "rip-off" or you could research and see when development on the game started.
Coolblue2

I agree. It can't be a conincedence EVERY time Nintendo does something successful and Sony comes after it. At some point you would think Sony would be the first to do something that will be well-recieved. But they just happened to have been working on a brain training game before the original was announced, and they just happened to have been working on a puppy simulator before Nintendogs was released, and they just happened to be working on analog before Nintendo did it, and they just happened to be working on motion sensing before Nintendo brought out the Wii, and they just happened to be working on rumble before the 64 came out as well. That's too much coincedence! And it's annoying that this stuff is branded gimmicky or kiddy, and then those same people rejoice when Sony does it!

It's pretty pathetic but it's not as pathetic as the crabs containg that Sny doesn't copy any of these things. It's as if sony's paying them or something
BlazeDragon132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 BlazeDragon132
Member since 2006 • 7951 Posts

[QUOTE="Bbird"] [QUOTE="Bbird"]
What cheek! Baitohel 2000 is a Sony First Party Wario Ware Clone for the PSP showcased at the Tokyo Game Show which feature a pair of familiar characters. Not so much parody as a low brow rip off. -RastaDon-

Baito Hell 2000 isn't a Warioware rip-off. It's a sequel to a PS1 game from 1998 called Hell's Groove Station. So that means Warioware could have copied that game.

Does not stop the fact that they copied Mario and Luigi, how low can you be?
At least it is changed to WTF and the characters are gone.
Lisandro_v22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 Lisandro_v22
Member since 2005 • 1319 Posts

sony announces sonydogs for PSP, they can include some reference to make fun of competence but they can't copy the hole game
i hope nintendo would sue them but i don't think they will cause nowadays progress is based on plagiarism look Windows and Mac one comes up with a software and one week later the other has a copy of it

The Good
The PS2 - The best home console ever made and still very much alive . Sublime i agree
The DS - The best handheld ever made with a ridiculously bright future. ok
The Xbox 360 - The best of the next gen consoles by far. Still a bit expensive as is the online but this shouldn't be the case for too long. mmm i like it i would have bought it if it would had more games ( at least 2 or 3)

The Wii - A gamecube with a remote that costs $250-$350 ¿¿ $350?? . Also includes 5 tech demos that no-one wants (i do)(Wii sports) (I don't think that's a problem it's free if u don't want it don't use it. buy it when it flops for $100 you wanted it for 150? we all do i would even if it drops it doesn't matter the real money comes from games not the conso

The Bad
The PS3 - Full of expensive crap that offers no benefits to gamers. It also seems to have lost most of it's exclusives and has barely any new IPs to speak of.that useless expensive crap makes impossible to fans that are used to ps games afford it so it's only meant for making us suffer still it's a wasted great console
The PSP - Jesus H Christ. The worst handheld in history with a fanbase that seems to consist entirely of the ignorant. Terrible