Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#151 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

How much does the whole setup cost though? A PC is not only a GPU, you need the whole package to make it work. You can't get a X1X PC level at $500. You can't get a $300 PC at a PS4 level. You can't get a $400 PC at a PS4 Pro level.

With a console you get the whole package and the games are optmized for that platform. A $300 PC will NOT run a game better or even on par with the base PS4 because PC games are naturally more demanding. There's simply no way around this.

You get a clue.

Is that so? Go to "PC Park Picker" and we'll show you what a $500 PC can give you. But remember, you get what you pay for. I'd take a $500 PC build over a console such as Xbox One X any day for it's free online and open-platform freedom.

But the X isn't selling for $500 anymore.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12935215-1tb-microsoft-xbox-one-x-console-black-bonus-red-dead-redemption-2-bundle-350-more-free-s-h?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

How much does the whole setup cost though? A PC is not only a GPU, you need the whole package to make it work. You can't get a X1X PC level at $500. You can't get a $300 PC at a PS4 level. You can't get a $400 PC at a PS4 Pro level.

With a console you get the whole package and the games are optmized for that platform. A $300 PC will NOT run a game better or even on par with the base PS4 because PC games are naturally more demanding. There's simply no way around this.

You get a clue.

Is that so? Go to "PC Park Picker" and we'll show you what a $500 PC can give you. But remember, you get what you pay for. I'd take a $500 PC build over a console such as Xbox One X any day for it's free online and open-platform freedom.

https://slickdeals.net/f/12935215-1tb-microsoft-xbox-one-x-console-black-bonus-red-dead-redemption-2-bundle-350-more-free-s-h?src=SiteSearchV2_SearchBarV2Algo1

Huh, I didn't understand what was said and only Herd mooo, mooooo, mooo.....

You no doubt speak Bovine. Good on you. lol :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

Dude, I don't care what the Xbox One X is doing in comparison to the PC.. THAT'S the part you're apparently confused about.. i'm primarily a console gamer, not a core PC gamer, and I will likely never own a PC gaming rig that outperforms my Xbox console(s)..

So the only thing that matters to me and most other Xbox console gamers is that the games look and perform best on our CONSOLE of choice.. you're the only one continually trying to make comparisons to the PC because you know it's a contest any console can never win.. "The PC has the best version" is a forgone conclusion when you have an open platform that can support literally any combination of hardware available, no matter the cost..

And again, why are you so intent on comparing the Xbox One X to PC when no one at Microsoft intended for the Xbox One X to be a PC competitor?.. they simply wanted to present "the world's most powerful console" and they have delivered.. look at these quotes:

“Like, I want Scorpio to be at a console price-point, I’m not trying to go and compete with a high-end rig.” - Phil Spencer

https://wccftech.com/scorpio-isnt-trying-compete-high-end/

He has made it very clear that this upcoming console will not be competing against the PC. [..] it seems like Microsoft is more sensible and knows that the console platform will remain a step or two behind the PC no matter what they do.” - Talha Amjad, interview with Phil Spencer

http://techfrag.com/2016/12/08/project-scorpio-2/

“If you said to me, ‘could you or another console manufacturer design a $2,000 console that ran, like, two Titan Xs SLI-d together?’ Then yeah, we could do it. But the console price points aren’t there. If you’re willing to spend a couple of grand building up an i7-based machine with umpteen terabytes of RAM, you can go do that on a PC.

But I actually feel with Scorpio we’ve been able to hit a really nice price/performance ratio” – Phil Spencer

https://winbuzzer.com/2017/04/27/xbox-chief-phil-spencer-project-scorpio-can-attract-developers-xbox-one-users-xcxwbn/

I usually don’t do this, but for this one I will specifically talk about Sony. I think they’ve come out and said PC is their competition. And I just don’t look at it that way. I know that some of our best Xbox customers also play games on the PC." – Phil Spencer

https://www.xboxenthusiast.com/2016/10/03/phil-spencer-pc-and-project-scorpio-are-not-competitors/

But we’ve said very clearly that it’s up to the developers how they want to take advantage of that power. Some developers focus on effects, some on frame rate some on resolution – it’s up to them what they want to do.” - Albert Penello

https://www.xboxenthusiast.com/2016/10/04/microsoft-developers-will-decide-how-to-use-project-scorpios-power/

the list goes on and on and on.. They were very clear that this console is not meant to be competing with PC and they were very clear that it's up to the developers to do what they want to do with the hardware, meaning that "results may vary"..

When did they say you can expect all Xbox One X games to match everything that's possible on PC?.. When did they say the Xbox One X is even a PC competitor?.. Unless, they've said either of those things, your entire point is moot..

I mean, look at your OP dude.. every single word of it is an attempt to downplay the Xbox One X version in comparison to PC.. but why do that when no one said the Xbox One X was going to match what's possible on PC and no one expects the Xbox One X to match whats possible on PC?..

Regardless of what you think, Microsoft intended for this console to be compared to it's base version (the Xbox One S) and to it's direct competition (the PS4 Pro) in terms of gauging how impressive or lackluster any given Xbox One X Enhanced game is looking and performing.. At this point, you and a few other PlayStation fans are the only ones trying to shoehorn PC into the conversation and your motives are about as transparent as you are..

Loading Video...

""This is the console that DEVELOPERS ASK US TO BUILT,THEY WANTED A CONSOLE THAT HAD NO BOUNDARIES NO LIMITATIONS""

Low settings 30 fps is a limitation.

""THE HIGHEST RES, THE BEST FRAME RATES, NO COMPROMISES.""

Checkerboard,dynamic res are compromises.

30FPS are compromises and not "" The best frames""

Low or even lower than low settings = compromise.

Should i also talk about the uncompressed pixel crap?

Sony didn't sold the Pro as a True 4k best frames no compromises machine with no boundaries or limitations MS did.

Basically when you say something has no limits you claim that is infinite basically,so yeah unless you want to rewrite the English language no boundaries and no limitations means infinite so unlike PC and most consoles the xbox has infinite power.

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#154 SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

That and it's locked at 30 on all consoles. These consoles are aging very quickly, but the X has the least excuse of all since it's newer hardware.

CPU is still old crap from AMD on the X.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 tormentos

@StormyJoe said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@StormyJoe said:

@goldenelementxl: Where's the PS4 comparison?

Why do we need that? Multiplatform games shouldn't even be considered on PS4/Pro. Between the inferior console hardware, bad online and that garbage controller... No thanks. The PS4 is for exclusives only. And that's pushing it considering those are mostly interactive movies.

It's still a viable platform that has the game. I would like to see how the PS4 Pro stacks up against the XB1X. For years, cows have been chanting "the PS4 is the most powerful console ever!". Let's see how their latest version stacks up against the best Xbox console.

I would not go there if i were you.. It would not be pretty for you and you know why.

@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

@goldenelementxl: I'll save you the trouble and make this real simple.. At this point, everyone knows your shtick and it really doesn't matter.

Everything that has been said has not only been well documented for anyone who cares to see but it has also been regurgitated over and over and over again in every thread where you pull this same crap.. Just answer this one question :

Is the Xbox One X generally meeting its design goal?.. Meaning we're seeing a 4 times increase in resolution over base hardware without making sacrifices to acceptable performance?..

And no I don't mean, a few dropped frames.. I mean that if the PS4 Pro was hitting 4K in those same games, the performance would be either noticeably horrible or downright unplayable.. You say you're an engineer so you should know the difference between actual compromises in performance versus splitting hairs for arguments' sake.. When they say "no compromises" to performance, they clearly mean that the game will still perform to a comparable and acceptable level despite the increase in resolution..

Let's just be frank and cut the BS..

If your answer is "yes", the Xbox One X is largely delivering on its design goal then there's nothing else that needs to be said.. If you want to continue to compare the console to PC hardware, go ahead.. Just know that being compared to PC was never the design goal so those comparisons are rather pointless and somewhat petty.. The console typically delivers 4 times the resolution of the Xbox One S and consistently outperforms the PS4 Pro.. And more times than not, the games are seeing a native 4K resolution during gameplay (and yes that includes dynamic scaling) ..

That's it.. End of story. If your answer is "yes", let's just leave it there and let this be our last debate on the subject..

If your answer is "no", please feel free to explain your position..

My answer is no. I don't feel like Microsoft had a clear direction other than beating the PS4 and PS4 Pro in terms of power. Why do I say that? Things like this,

Microsoft was throwing things at the wall, trying to see what sticks. Sure, you can find a few posts here and there where Spencer tempered expectations. But I can find just as many where the hype train was through the roof.

For example,

"This will really bring the most powerful console you’ve ever seen. It will bring these really true 4K, really incredible visual games that we’ve never seen before on the console. People who have spent thousands of dollars on a high-end PC are getting that experience. How do we bring that to scale in a console in your living room? That’s a big part of what Project Scorpio is about."

There is Greenberg literally saying that the purpose of Scorpio was to bring the "thousands of dollars, high-end PC experience" to the living room. He is literally comparing the console to the PC experience and talking about putting that experience on your TV.

(insert with closing line insult here)

Don't forget about this.

Xbox’s Phil Spencer: PS4 Pro is an Xbox One S competitor, not a true 4K console.

Microsoft unveiled its new Xbox One X console earlier this week, promising “true 4K” gaming on “the world’s most powerful games console.” While many are debating what those promises truly mean and whether we’ll see the majority of games in Native 4K or checkerboard rendering, Microsoft’s Xbox chief Phil Spencer believes the Xbox One X is “a true 4K console.” In an interview with Eurogamer, Spencer explains the Xbox One X name, a lack of first-party game announcements, and the all-important $100 price gap between the Xbox One X and the PS4 Pro.

“I look at [PS4] Pro as more of a competitor to [Xbox One] S than I do to Xbox One X,” claims Spencer. “This is a true 4K console. If you just look at the specs of what this box is, it's in a different league than any other console that's out there.” Spencer points out 40 percent more GPU speed, more RAM, and the speed of storage as the advantages of the Xbox One X over the PS4 Pro, but he also knocks Sony’s methods for getting to 4K resolutions with some of its games.

“When I think about techniques to somehow manufacture a 4K screen like what some other consoles try to do, this is different than that.” Spencer also says he expects the majority of consoles that Microsoft sells next year will be Xbox One S.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/6/13/15790162/microsoft-phil-spencer-xbox-one-x-vs-ps4-pro-interview

Maybe @Antwan3K can rewrite again for us what Phil Spencer say there in bold.

Where he clearly downplay checkerboard and dynamic res and claim the xbox one X is different to that.

Or how he claim the PS4 Pro is a competition for the xbox one S and not the X model,the damn xbox one S can't compete good with the base PS4 let alone the Pro model,but we know what he was referring to,since the xbox one S can upscale games to 4k and is not consider true 4k machine.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@kuu2 said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

It is going for $399 at most places like Amazon, Best Buy and Walmart though.

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

So... my initial point still stands. Good to know.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 SecretPolice  Online

@true_link said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-Fallout-76-Bundle/283294420797?_trkparms=5079%3A5000006401

$399.99 with a game included. Not a very well thought of game but a fairly new game nonetheless. :P

The bang for the buck is off the charts. :D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@true_link: Well your point is kinda stupid. The part that makes PC gaming appealing is choice. I could build a PS4 level PC for close to $300. In a couple of years I could spend $200 and make it a PS5 level console. I could change the graphical settings is games to focus on 60 fps instead of the 30 fps that console devs force on gamers. A PC can be whatever you want it to be. A console is whatever they give you. I like being able to spend whatever I want to get games to run however I want.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@SecretPolice said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-Fallout-76-Bundle/283294420797?_trkparms=5079%3A5000006401

$399.99 with a game included. Not a very well thought of game but a fairly new game nonetheless. :P

I actually bought that bundle recently. It's crazy they marked that bundle down so much to get it off shelves. But now you can find PUBG and NBA 2K19 bundles for the same price. Microsoft is obviously clearing some warehouse space for something... Exciting times!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@true_link said:

No!

True_Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 True_Link
Member since 2019 • 243 Posts

@goldenelementxl said:

@true_link: Well your point is kinda stupid. The part that makes PC gaming appealing is choice. I could build a PS4 level PC for close to $300. In a couple of years I could spend $200 and make it a PS5 level console. I could change the graphical settings is games to focus on 60 fps instead of the 30 fps that console devs force on gamers. A PC can be whatever you want it to be. A console is whatever they give you. I like being able to spend whatever I want to get games to run however I want.

Whatever you say, my point still stands and you can't spin this. ;)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 SecretPolice  Online

@goldenelementxl said:
@SecretPolice said:

I actually bought that bundle recently. It's crazy they marked that bundle down so much to get it off shelves. But now you can find PUBG and NBA 2K19 bundles for the same price. Microsoft is obviously clearing some warehouse space for something... Exciting times!

Nice!!

And yep, I agree, more to come on the shelves soon and really looking forward to E3 and what they have brewing with all the new and acquired studios. :D

Avatar image for superfluousreal
SuperfluousReal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By SuperfluousReal
Member since 2019 • 361 Posts

I primarily play my PC for specific purposes. There is a lot PC cannot do such as play Fallout 3 on Windows 10 for some reason for me, so that gets played on my 360. No need for a ONE because the important stuff comes out on Windows anyway, we even have all of Halo coming to Steam.

PS4 has some good exclusives, it is a bit of a dust magnet though because even the PS3 gets more play time vs it.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 kuu2

@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

In your world does that equal $500? Asking for a friend.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

Here is a PC beyond Xbox One X level at $500

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 deactivated-63d2876fd4204

@kuu2 said:
@goldenelementxl said:
@kuu2 said:

In your world does that equal $500? Asking for a friend.

I was just letting you know your deal was no good any more.

Faux deal

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 kuu2

@goldenelementxl: Got it.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 tormentos

@true_link said:

No, you can't. Specially new games. You can't buy a CPU, GPU, Power Source, Motherboard, RAM, KBM that will run all games at 1080p at $500, it's not feasible no matter how hard you try, it just isn't possible.

There are millions of people who own a PC without a GPU all they need is $200+ GPU and they are on xbox one X level or further.

Not everyone who buy a GPU also buys a new PC,hell some one who buy a 2012 PC all it probably needs its to change its GPU and would beat the xbox one X.

You are assuming that any one who get a GPU needs a shinny new PC that is wrong, now what isn't an assumption is that if you don't pay extra for xbox live you can't play online which add to the cost of the xbox while you save that on PC and is never accounted.

@goldenelementxl said:
@Antwan3K said:

yes, spot on.. Gears 4 multiplayer is indeed 4k/60 via dynamic scaling..what are you even talking about at this point?.. I literally said "dynamic" in my prediction about Gears of War 4 and ended up underpredicting the native 4K that resulted in the singleplayer campaign..

and vague?.. I was very detailed and clear in everything I expected from the console, hence the fact that I started the statement with "to be clear".. this was an obvious effort to clarify any previous or subsequent statements that could have been taken out of context.. y'know kind of like you do with all your selective screengrabs..

it's not my fault you've mentally re-wrote history and now you're actually believing your own crap..

Bruh... I've never seen someone exhibit reading comprehension issues when it comes to SOMETHING THEY WROTE. You said that games that were using a dynamic resolution on base hardware, like the dynamic 1080p/60 used in Gears 4, would be 4K/30 in single player and 4K/60 in multiplayer. For the Gears 4 multiplayer to hit 60 fps, they had to drop from native 4K resolution. Your prediction was wrong.

My god hahahhahaaaa..

I don't know how he keep trying.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

@goldenelementxl:

https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/the_division_2_pc_performance_review/11

For Ultra settings at 4K, Vega 56 is the minimum GPU card. 40 fps and above are in my 4K monitor's FreeSync range.

From ultra to dirt low there is a huge gap.

So the 1070 pulling just 5 frame less in Ultra is quite something.

Vega 56 vs GTX 1070 difference

Average: 6.47 fps

Min: 6 fps

Vega 56 vs GTX 1070 difference

Average: 7 fps

Low 1%: 6 fps

Low .1%: 6 fps

According to WCCFTECH, 4K medium settings to Ultra setting scaling at low 0.1% is about 1.51X

GTX 1070's 21 fps x 1.51 = 31.7 fps (estimate).

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@tormentos: Why? Are you saying the cows didn't say that? Or, are you saying (like Smokey) "why you bringing up old s**t?"

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ronvalencia

@NoodleFighter said:
@davillain- said:
@true_link said:

You get a clue.

Here is a PC beyond Xbox One X level at $500

Xbox One X is reaching $399 price range.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console-Black-CYV-00001/276629190

Price: $385.46

DIY video card installation would be too hard for kitchen appliance level user.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173 tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Xbox-One-X-1TB-Console-Black-CYV-00001/276629190

And xbox live is $60 a year which you don't pay on PC.

Also if you already have a good enough PC with a decent CPU just slapping a GPU will do and will cost you less than $385.

In fact the 1660Ti is beyond the xbox one X for just $279 but even a RX580 would do for most games.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

And xbox live is $60 a year which you don't pay on PC.

Also if you already have a good enough PC with a decent CPU just slapping a GPU will do and will cost you less than $385.

In fact the 1660Ti is beyond the xbox one X for just $279 but even a RX580 would do for most games.

https://www.g2a.com/en/xbox-live-gold-subscription-card-12-months-united-states-xbox-live-i10000000202041

$39.75 Xbox Live Gold 12 months. Games like Far Cry 5 and RDR2 doesn't need Xbox Live Gold. This topic's The Division 2 game doesn't need Xbox Live Gold.

---

RX-580 doesn't capture the full X1X experience.

The majority of PCs are laptops.

Again, DIY video card installation would be too hard for kitchen appliance level user.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

For the most powerful console ever created, division looks fugly. They should of just went 1440 p instead of the 4k. I guess MS prefer ugly textures over lower resolution.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#176 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts
@daredevils2k said:

For the most powerful console ever created, division looks fugly. They should of just went 1440 p instead of the 4k. I guess MS prefer ugly textures over lower resolution.

That or use checkerboarding up to 4k and use better settings.

I dont understand why Sony and MS continue with this high resolution crap.

Frame rate and visual quality is far more important IMO.

When i cant get close to max settings (I always turn off motion blur and depth of field), resolution is always the first to go.

WIth a 2080ti, i can max most games at 4k but with The division 2, i have to use the 85% resolution scale which is 1836p and it looks amazing.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I think this game pb probably looks slightly better one on x one x imo but now by a lot just a hair.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@navyguy21 said:
@daredevils2k said:

That or use checkerboarding up to 4k and use better settings.

I dont understand why Sony and MS continue with this high resolution crap.

Frame rate and visual quality is far more important IMO.

When i cant get close to max settings (I always turn off motion blur and depth of field), resolution is always the first to go.

WIth a 2080ti, i can max most games at 4k but with The division 2, i have to use the 85% resolution scale which is 1836p and it looks amazing.

Even though i'm a pc/ps4 gamer, i agree with you 100%. What's the point of 4k, when the game looks ugly on both consoles.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

@daredevils2k: I'm sure there's plenty of console gamers who would NEVER see what PC settings look like on this game and those gamers surely wouldn't describe the game as "ugly".. Not trying to make this a big deal but I think the standard of judgment is a bit skewed here.

I enjoyed The Division on Xbox One (before bugs and exploits killed it for me) and the last word I'd use to describe the original game is "ugly".. And after the Xbox One X Enhancements, the game looked amazing.. But clearly the game didn't touch what was possible on PC..

So I think we need to check this idea that a game is ugly if it falls well short of what PC can do.. Because The Division 2 being described as "ugly" on any console by console gamers is likely not the case.. From what I've seen, the game looks good no matter how you slice it

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By tormentos

@ronvalencia said:

https://www.g2a.com/en/xbox-live-gold-subscription-card-12-months-united-states-xbox-live-i10000000202041

$39.75 Xbox Live Gold 12 months. Games like Far Cry 5 and RDR2 doesn't need Xbox Live Gold. This topic's The Division 2 game doesn't need Xbox Live Gold.

---

Again, DIY video card installation would be too hard for kitchen appliance level user.

Well that is like saying the XBO X doesn't capture the full RX580 experience in many games the RX580 does surpass the xbox one X,in fact in FH4 it does in almost ALL scenarios in fact you can get 1440p 60FPS while raining something your xbox one X can't achieve period.

Loading Video...

Fact is at 1080p the RX580 is faster than the XBOX in FH4, the XBO X can't hit 60FPS on 1440p like the RX580 can period hiding on some losing frames under certain points means shit almost 99% of the time the RX580 beat the crap out of the XBO X and is less than $200 now.

But once again you can go with the newly release 1660TI for $279 and beat the crap out of the xbox one X as well.

Basically all your arguments here have been proven wrong,i don't even know how you continue with this after your fail predictions of the XBOX beating a 1080GTX.

Installing a damn video card doesn't require a degree in computer science what the fu** man so now your argument is that people are to dumb to install a graphics card and install a driver on an age were youtube make basically any installation process super easy.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+install+a+video+card+on+a+pc+

I changed the radiator of my gran caravan using youtube and i am not a damn mechanic.

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

Hm also

@warmblur said:

The original Division before the downgrade still looks miles better next gen can't come soon enough.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

---

Well that is like saying the XBO X doesn't capture the full RX580 experience in many games the RX580 does surpass the xbox one X,in fact in FH4 it does in almost ALL scenarios in fact you can get 1440p 60FPS while raining something your xbox one X can't achieve period.

Fact is at 1080p the RX580 is faster than the XBOX in FH4, the XBO X can't hit 60FPS on 1440p like the RX580 can period hiding on some losing frames under certain points means shit almost 99% of the time the RX580 beat the crap out of the XBO X and is less than $200 now.

But once again you can go with the newly release 1660TI for $279 and beat the crap out of the xbox one X as well.

Basically all your arguments here have been proven wrong,i don't even know how you continue with this after your fail predictions of the XBOX beating a 1080GTX.

Installing a damn video card doesn't require a degree in computer science what the fu** man so now your argument is that people are to dumb to install a graphics card and install a driver on an age were youtube make basically any installation process super easy.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=how+to+install+a+video+card+on+a+pc+

I changed the radiator of my gran caravan using youtube and i am not a damn mechanic.

Your Forza H4 didn't show FM7's high alpha wet tracks (extra stress on ROPS and memory bandwidth) and FH4 is not Far Cry 5 in terms of foliage levels (extra stress on TMUs and memory bandwidth).

Your FH4's settings

MSAA 2X LOL. FM7 has EQAA 8X which uses MSAA 4X base.

From DF https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-the-technology-of-forza-horizon-4-xbox-one-x-lead-platform

"Because we're forward rendered we can take advantage of MSAA," Alan says. "So we've done that again, it's 4x MSAA at 4K [on Xbox one X]. It's one of the pillars for us, it's really nice to have that level of quality. We considered [FXAA], but we decided on balance to go with 4x MSAA and 4K and the graphical settings we have for Xbox One X."

Xbox One X's FH4 has MSAA 4X (extra stress on ROPS and memory bandwidth). You repeatedly lied about MSAA.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-forza-horizon-4-pc-is-one-patch-away-from-perfection

However, as we shall discover, despite the arrival of a new 'extreme' quality preset, Xbox One X owners get a robust presentation that delivers almost all of PC's visual feature set. It's mostly in ultra territory, with the next-level extreme only providing diminishing returns in terms of visual upgrades.

English setting translation

MSAA: Your RX-580 : 2X , Xbox One X's 4X <--- X1X superior

FSAA: Your RX-580 : out, Xbox One X's disabled

Anisotropic Filtering: Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

Shadows: Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

SSAO: Your RX-580 : High, Xbox One X's High/Med <--- RX-580 slightly superior

Night Shadows: Your RX-580 : On, Xbox One X's On

Motion Blur: Your RX-580 : Short, Xbox One X's Ultra <--- X1X superior

Environment Textures: Your RX-580 : Normal, Xbox One X's Ultra <--- X1X superior

Static Geometry: Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

Dynamic Geometry: Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

Reflections: Your RX-580 : High, Xbox One X's Ultra <--- X1X superior

Windshield Reflections: : Your RX-580 : High, Xbox One X's Ultra <--- X1X superior

Mirror Quality: : Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

World Car LOD: : Your RX-580 : Ultra, Xbox One X's Ultra

SSR Quality: : Your RX-580 : High, Xbox One X's Ultra <--- X1X superior

PC's preset settings

PresetLowestLow Medium High Ultra Maximum
Anisotropic FilteringMedium Medium MediumHigh Ultra

Ultra

Night Shadows Off Off Off Off On On
Shadow Quality Off Low High High Ultra Extreme
Motion Blur Low Low Normal Normal Normal Ultra
Environment Texture Quality Low Low Medium High Ultra Ultra
Static Geometry QualityVery LowLowMediumHighUltraUltra
Dynamic Geometry QualityLowMediumMediumHighUltraExtreme
MSAAOffOff2X2X2X8X
FXAAOffOffOffOffOffOff
SSAO QualityOffOffOffOffHighUltra
Reflections QualityVery LowLowMediumHighHighExtreme
Windshield Reflections QualityOffOffMediumHighHighUltra
Mirror QualityLowLowHighHighUltraExtreme
World Car Level of DetailLowLowMediumHighUltraExtreme
Deformable Terrain QualityOffOffMediumHighUltraExtreme
SSR QualityOffLowMediumHighHighUltra
Lens EffectsOffMediumMediumHighUltraUltra
Shader QualityLowMediumMediumHighUltraUltra
Particle Effects QualityLowLowMediumHighHighHigh

Summary: Xbox One X's 4K version has MSAA 4X and Ultra settings except for SSAO which has high/med settings, hence parts of X1X's Ultra settings are touching PC's near Maximum settings.

------------

Your Youtube video on GPU installation is useless for kitchen appliance level users.

RX-580 failed to match X1X's Gears of War 4 4K.