uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 35482 Posts

Eurogamer, a site typically full of annoying uni students and PES playing council estate louts, has manged to put out an article that isn't actually shit.

I've condensed it down as many users find reading multiple paragraphs an incredible challenge.

Since becoming company president in 2007, moving forward with Falcom's future has been at the forefront of Kondo's mind, especially with the company's switch from PC to console development after its 2008 action-RPG Zwei 2 set the record for the lowest number of units shipped for PC games.

An interesting titbit is that Falcom would like to bring some older games to a larger audience, frankly, I think they are really fucking themselves by not putting YS and Trails on Switch.

Unfortunately, this doesn't answer the fate of Zero no Kiseki and Ao no Kiseki although Kondo hints that he would like to see the older Trails games come to modern platforms so that new fans can experience the entire series, perhaps as full 3D remakes. Falcom is certainly no stranger to remakes, notably with Ys & 2, which is included with the upcoming TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine Mini. Nonetheless, while plenty of JRPGs are getting the re-release/remake treatment, it's not really a priority for Falcom. "The thing is that if we focus too much on remaking older games, that doesn't allow us to make new games," says Kondo. "So we have to really think carefully about how to balance all that."

Other platforms for Trails of Cold Steel 3 have not been ruled out, and generally expected of a smaller company, but it was made exclusivity with the Playstation 4 in mind.

Benefits of a smoother experience also stem from the PS4 hardware this game has been made exclusively for (although other platforms have not been ruled out). "This series is very anime-esque," says Kondo. "So thanks to the PS4, we're better able to express emotes and actions from an anime perspective." The impact has also been felt in the ports of the first two games, particularly with cutting down loading times, though perhaps the most welcome addition is the inclusion of dual audio.

There's other stuff like how it has more, and better writing than the Witcher 3,Lord Of The Rings etc...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-10-06-hot-on-the-trails-of-falcom-japans-longest-running-rpg-developer

AJStyles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By AJStyles
Member since 2018 • 1142 Posts

I wouldn’t want to release my game on PC either. Way too easy to pirate.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts

Lol... no thanks..

Gamerno6666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Gamerno6666
Member since 2013 • 6936 Posts

Would've cared but anime jrpg. So don't care.

DaVillain-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain-  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 38490 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

Would've cared but anime jrpg. So don't care.

Same.

Random_Matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Random_Matt
Member since 2013 • 4351 Posts

Wouldn't mind trails on PC, no desire for a PS4.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 5359 Posts

The Legend of Heroes Series?

Oh yeah those are cool turn-based RPGs. I found out about those when they put Trails in the Sky on Steam.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Random_Matt said:

Wouldn't mind trails on PC, no desire for a PS4.

Same boat, understand them moving to PS4, but my collection is on PC and i'd rather not have it fragmented, i'll just hope for the time being they're focusing on what their resources will allow.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#9 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 26840 Posts
@pyro1245 said:

The Legend of Heroes Series?

Oh yeah those are cool turn-based RPGs. I found out about those when they put Trails in the Sky on Steam.

Same.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 1620 Posts

So whats the danger when it comes to PC?

I can't seem to find it out.

that 2008 action-RPG Zwei 2 looks like complete crap to me. No wonder it didn't sell.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#11 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 7470 Posts
@Gatygun said:

that 2008 action-RPG Zwei 2 looks like complete crap to me. No wonder it didn't sell.

Iv never even heard of Zwei, nevermind Zwei 2.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gatygun

@pelvist said:
@Gatygun said:

Iv never even heard of Zwei, nevermind Zwei 2.

Exactly it sounds like the typical game developer that made some shovelware trash and tries to spin it into "it wasn't my fault it was everybody's else fault'.

Honestly the game looks like shovelware trash. I was in that time period 100% pc gamer and watched all the news i could find about PC games, this shit was nowhere near on my radar or did i ever hear from it.

No wonder they didn't sold anything.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Gatygun said:

Exactly it sounds like the typical game developer that made some shovelware trash and tries to spin it into "it wasn't my fault it was everybody's else fault'.

Honestly the game looks like shovelware trash. I was in that time period 100% pc gamer and watched all the news i could find about PC games, this shit was nowhere near on my radar or did i ever hear from it.

> Haven't played game

> Haven't played any of their games and done any research

> Now expert

I suppose every other developer must make shovel-ware trash as they too abandoned pc to focus on consoles, entire genres once it's domain, ports, poor and staggered.

If delusion and ignorance make the mass exodus more comforting, very well then.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gatygun

@uninspiredcup said:
@Gatygun said:

> Haven't played game

> Haven't played any of their games and done any research

> Now expert

I suppose every other developer must make shovel-ware trash as they too abandoned pc to focus on consoles, entire genres once it's domain, ports, poor and staggered.

If delusion and ignorance make the mass exodus more comforting, very well then.

Nobody has played the game because it looks like shovelware trash that's there issue.

Maybe they should have released freaking normal looking characters instead of this anime little cute overly sexualized kid japanese characters that nobody cares for in the west or even finds weird to play around with.

The game looks like auto generated on top of it with super simplistic levels and design, like some generic final fantasy clone which was already struggling on pc to start with.

Go ask anybody that plays PC games if they ever heard of a game called zwei. Death silence.

Sorry but the company head honestly changed his direction for a reason because he started to get a clue that there is a reason why nintendo doesn't have these overly sexualized kids as stars in there games. It would not sell remotely in the west. That's why mario looks like a italian guy, same for luigi and we have western castle with a western princess.

( well actually he still doesn't got a clue if you look at there art design still, but atleast they started to get a clue about there platforms )

More reasons:

1) Released a single player game in a multiplayer area

2) sexualized anime girls

3) no japanese crowd on PC

4) west doesn't care for it

5) loads of the samish games on PC specially in that area that all did adopt better presentations

6) zero advertisement.

Open up steam, type in anime and u get 300 zwei games that all don't sell and are console ports.

A good example is doki doki, one of the the most succesfull one. average players in 30 days is 400, today 300 people.

And that's in 2019 where people are far more tolerant of this content with it and single player games start to have a little spot back on pc.

If you release games, u need to know your audience and your platform.

There games would probably fit the best currently on switch/ps4 even on ]xbox i wouldn't bother selling it.

And about the story. there story could be oscar worthy, if the game looks unappealing and has a concept that nobody cares for, nobody will ever touch it. Something most people seem to forget a lot.

So yes i would qualifythe game as shovelware trash.

And there are lots of games that left PC market and eventually came back that i wouldn't call shovelware trash even remotely like halo.

Sorry if i offended you for stating things as they are.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
@Gatygun said:

Sorry if i offended you for stating things as they are.

Nihon Falcom shift to consoles consequently spikes sales, critical reception and press coverage.

Nothing to offend friend, I like seeing good companies do well.

Of course, rather play it on PC, but if the business isn't there, well, the die is cast.