The Crew & a loss of internet connection.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

link

"The Crew kicks you to the title screen whenever you lose your internet connection, even in solo mode"

Just another positive about the always online gaming world AAA seems to be veering towards. *rolls eyes*

Even in solo mode I mean ffs. To me personally this is like a Diablo 3 event all over again. I wanted the game because I've played the first two but even single player you had to be connected online to play. How do devs think this is a good idea? Infrastructure clearly isn't ready for these sorts of things...

I feel as if I'm going to have a large list of games I'd like to play but simply can't. Quite annoying.

I guess I'm biased because I have a crappy slow internet connection but I swear it feels like devs who are going down this route are just sending their games out to die. lol

Discuss.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Same with Dark Souls. I don't like it.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

The Crew is now off my list.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46268 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

well, it looked a bit arcadey to me, so i wasn't really interested in the first place.

but i'm glad for another reason to avoid it.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Shitty Xbox

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By misterpmedia

@freedomfreak said:

Same with Dark Souls. I don't like it.

I know those feels. Bought Demon Souls thinking it was just an single player grinder, my fault for not reading it before I bought it(second hand of course on the cheap), but you have to have a constant connection to the server and when you lose connection it kicks you back to the title screen. Sigh.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@Desmonic said:

Wait, Dark Souls does that? Never heard of it...

Well, it does for me.

"Lost connection to the server"

And it just drops me back to the start menu.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clyde46

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

Whats Xbox got to do with this?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I knew this game was gonna be trash ever since the E3 reveal.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 misterpmedia

@clyde46 said:

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

probably referring to the article about the devs talking about parity between the two boxes and PC.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By clyde46

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

probably referring to the article about the devs talking about parity between the two boxes and PC.

This article? Also, speaking of this article I learned that the Crew also features Microtractions.... Holy **** this is getting worse.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By misterpmedia

@clyde46 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

This article? Also, speaking of this article I learned that the Crew also features Microtractions.... Holy **** this is getting worse.

Not sure if it's this article...hold on. This: yo

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By clyde46

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

I see. I still don't see why he needed to make that comment though.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 misterpmedia

@clyde46 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@misterpmedia said:

@clyde46 said:

@tyloss said:

Shitty Xbox

I see. I still don't see why he needed to make that comment though.

wrong topic for it I agree.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Always online is a pathetic joke. I am always online and it's rare that I lose my connection, but unfortunately it does happen on the odd occasion. Making a game unplayable without an internet connection is seriously fucked, and is a game I will not buy.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

Saw TC and thought it was an Xbox exclusive lol.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@clyde46 said:

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

It's 2014.... get a decent internet connection already. I know people who live out in the boons and have service that more then handles their gaming needs..

Can't get one or don't want to pay for one? Don't get one of the current consoles.. it's simple. Get with the times people.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 misterpmedia

@Bishop1310 said:

It's 2014.... get a decent internet connection already. I know people who live out in the boons and have service that more then handles their gaming needs..

Can't get one or don't want to pay for one? Don't get one of the current consoles.. it's simple. Get with the times people.

Well I guess a topic wouldn't be right without one ignorant comment I guess. Congrats, lol.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 misterpmedia

@hitmanactual said:

Always online is a pathetic joke. I am always online and it's rare that I lose my connection, but unfortunately it does happen on the odd occasion. Making a game unplayable without an internet connection is seriously fucked, and is a game I will not buy.

I can understand for multiplayer games only...but even then they're technically 'halving' their install base by slicing away any offline purchaser who may well be interested in buying.....but for games that actually a single player so to speak or a solo mode that has to be also connected online to play is a complete joke. I hope publishers and developers who do this don't suddenly start complaining that their games don't sell.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

link

"The Crew kicks you to the title screen whenever you lose your internet connection, even in solo mode"

Just another positive about the always online gaming world AAA seems to be veering towards. *rolls eyes*

Even in solo mode I mean ffs. To me personally this is like a Diablo 3 event all over again. I wanted the game because I've played the first two but even single player you had to be connected online to play. How do devs think this is a good idea? Infrastructure clearly isn't ready for these sorts of things...

I feel as if I'm going to have a large list of games I'd like to play but simply can't. Quite annoying.

I guess I'm biased because I have a crappy slow internet connection but I swear it feels like devs who are going down this route are just sending their games out to die. lol

Discuss.

Awe MisterPMedical doesn't like 2014 very much. That sound was technology passing you by.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

link

Discuss.

Awe MisterPMedical doesn't like 2014 very much. That sound was technology passing you by.

lol you can come up with a better nickname than that.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

link

Discuss.

I will work on it but nothing beats ShitbatAlpha the narclem.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@misterpmedia said:

link

Discuss.

I will work on it but nothing beats ShitbatAlpha the narclem.

lol it sounds so mythological. Like you are but a poem from the Conzwars.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@Bishop1310: I know right, can't believe MS caved to all the whine ass cry babies when they announced the X1. It's 2014 I've had a stable high speed internet connection for 15 years now, LOL

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

I can definitely see it as being annoying, but with my router upgrade, I have zero issues. I'm also upgrading my internet to 120Mb/s.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By misterpmedia

@xxyetixx said:

@Bishop1310: I know right, can't believe MS caved to all the whine ass cry babies when they announced the X1. It's 2014 I've had a stable high speed internet connection for 15 years now, LOL

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#31 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Was never interested in this game . So I don't care but as for others , they shouldn't force players to be always online .

Avatar image for deactivated-57d307c5efcda
deactivated-57d307c5efcda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 deactivated-57d307c5efcda
Member since 2009 • 1302 Posts

Crossed off my list. I have charter cable and there are sometimes a couple nights a week it goes down at 12 am. There are times where my system just randomly loses connection to my router, rare but it happens. Sp games with online only can burn to the ground. I understand mp only games, but there are many times I lose my connection because charter decides to do matinence several times a month and at 12am, which isn't that late and is when I'm usually gaming. I'll just stick withe forza, gt and nfs for racing.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

use something other than dial-up.