The controller makes multiplats better on Xbox One.

• 134 results
DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#101 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@drlostrib said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@drlostrib said:

Really? Where?

everywhere

you bash people for playing with controllers, yet have no problem picking up a PS4 controller.

I didn't say I have a problem with people simply playing with controllers.

Not really sure what you're taking issue with

2 threads I've seen you shoving the K+M in peoples faces, claiming it shits on everything.

Any subjective answer, you have stood your ground, and shit on controllers + the poster

My point is, since you also play on the PS4.. why even do that?

Clearly, as a member of the master race, you also use a controller.

I've said controller is crap for FPS. Not all use of a controller

you really seem to be getting your panties in a bunch over nothing

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@charizard1605 said:

Performance>controller, especially when the controllers are reasonably close in terms of comfort and quality.

My opinion

Since when have you spent time using an Xbox controller?

I owned an Xbox One early 2015 through mid 2015, I have used an Xbox One controller a lot (and prior to the Switch Pro, it was my favorite controller of the generation).

So... uh?

Oh I thought you said you were getting an XB1 for your birthday or something and was looking forward to playing FH3, did you sell that one also?

PS...You favouring a Nintendo controller above all others is truly shocking, end sarcasm lol.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@drlostrib said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@drlostrib said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@drlostrib said:

Really? Where?

everywhere

you bash people for playing with controllers, yet have no problem picking up a PS4 controller.

I didn't say I have a problem with people simply playing with controllers.

Not really sure what you're taking issue with

2 threads I've seen you shoving the K+M in peoples faces, claiming it shits on everything.

Any subjective answer, you have stood your ground, and shit on controllers + the poster

i'm responding to you LOL.. you keep quoting me so I'm giving you the answers.

I'm just confused at your hatred of the controller suddenly

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#104 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@charizard1605 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@charizard1605 said:

Performance>controller, especially when the controllers are reasonably close in terms of comfort and quality.

My opinion

Since when have you spent time using an Xbox controller?

I owned an Xbox One early 2015 through mid 2015, I have used an Xbox One controller a lot (and prior to the Switch Pro, it was my favorite controller of the generation).

So... uh?

Oh I thought you said you were getting an XB1 for your birthday or something and was looking forward to playing FH3, did you sell that one also?

PS...You favouring a Nintendo controller above all others is truly shocking, end sarcasm lol.

I haven't had an Xbox One since 2015. I was going to get one last month, decided to wait for Xbox One X, because might as well get the best one now that I am getting it anyway.

And you should be shocked, I generally don't like Nintendo controllers. I loved the Gamecube controller, but that was also the last (and only) Nintendo controller I really liked before this. Wii, Wii U, N64, NES, SNES... none of them did much for me. My favorite controller apart from the Gamecube one was actually the Xbox 360 controller. Plus, as I stated, this gen, it was Xbox One until Switch.

Switch Pro is just a fantastic controller. You will not find anyone who used it and didn't like it.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@drlostrib said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

i'm responding to you LOL.. you keep quoting me so I'm giving you the answers.

I'm just confused at your hatred of the controller suddenly

but your responses make no sense

Suddenly? I've been pretty consistent that controllers are ass for FPS games

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:
@EG101 said:
@charizard1605 said:

My opinion

Then it's a good thing that the XB One controller also has lower response times.

While it can be true that a game on Xbone can have lower input lag on certain games, it's more about how the game is coded and not so much about your actual controller.

This is the difference between the controllers in question:

The team behind the XIM4 decided to normalize its USB polling rate in order to prevent compatibility issues among different consoles. Natively, the Xbox One and Xbox 360 have an 8ms polling rate. The PlayStation 3 is 10ms, while the PlayStation 4 can be as fast as 4ms. The XIM4 processes PlayStation 4 inputs at 8ms instead of the console’s native 4ms polling rate.

So not a win either way actually. (Though I've read that the DS4 has been hard tested for 1.8ms on fighting game websites, unfortunately they don't test Xbone controllers because fighting games lol.)

---

Every game has input lag though, and the numbers are all over the place.

For example, GGXrd on PS4 has amazingly low input lag, 70ms which is roughly 4.2 frames.

Whereas Tekken 7 on PS4 has poor input lag, 135ms, roughly 8.1 frames.

It's not a consistent standard at all, and it's certainly game specific.

But even in those cases where a multiplat doesn't have parity between the two consoles, like Tekken 7 for example, the difference is so negligible it's almost laughable. The difference in milliseconds (128 vs 135) doesn't even equal half a frame, the difference can't even register. And Tekken 7 is a more extreme example, usually the difference in milliseconds is something like 2ms or 3ms lol. You're talking 0.1 frames @ 60fps, something even the worlds best competitive gamers won't notice.

To put this in perspective, the best competitive gaming monitors out there have 9ms display lag. Most of you aren't on gaming monitors though, you're on HDTVs, which can range anywhere from 20ms at best to 100+ms at worst. Add that to the typical game input lag which is somewhere in the ballpark of 100ms.

Sorry bro, 2 or 3 ms are negligible at that point, you're already dealing with well over 100ms of lag as is lol. Sometimes the Xbone will come out on top, sometimes the PS4. But either way it's useless. It's like being excited that your dick grew by 1/16 of an inch.

All I'm going to say is you are incorrect.

I'm quoting lllll1lll2ll Post from another Thread.

"30fps usually have a 100-150ms of input lag while 60fps games have lower than 80ms.

PS4 in general have a hardware issue where the controllers have 4 frames of input lag no matter what you do and is even worse if it's wired for some reason. Another detail about the PS4 that most people don't know about is that with each controller you connect to it the latency gets higher. The Xbone doesn't has any of these issues.

I mean, this is the fastest game on PS4 vs the fastest game on Xbone:

Loading Video...

-

Loading Video...

-

PS4 games simply cannot go lower than 6.1 frames no matter what the devs do while the Xbone is well below that. The only ones that can fix this at this point are Sony and they don't give a ****. This has all the Korean Tekken players on suicide watch because since Sony are the sponsors then they are pretty much forced to play only on PS4. Meanwhile Americans and the rest don't care since these days pros just play for the money anyway.

4:08 for comments about the lag"

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@EG101: So you quote a user that was already proven wrong? Is that your argument? Do you lemmings make it a habit of ignoring reality to live in denial?

Here is the test of GGXrd. Like Conan mentioned, the game has an input lag of only 4 frames. That means what lllll1lll2ll posted about King of Fighters being the fastest game on PS4 and which is all he bases his argument on is BS. Wake up lemming.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12529-ggxrd-input-lag-tests-results-pc-ps4-ps3/

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

Online gaming, i do agree. It's not that bad if it's just a single player unique experience.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 loe12k

@pdogg93 said:

Ms still makes their shitty controllers with cheap bumpers and stick drift. DS4 is superior

DS4 is not superior, stop the fanboy nonsense.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#110 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@loe12k said:
@pdogg93 said:

Ms still makes their shitty controllers with cheap bumpers and stick drift. DS4 is superior

DS4 is not superior, stop the fanboy nonsense.

He actually has a point, I have a controller for each of these issues lol. I took the bumpers out of the controller with stick drift and swapped the bumpers with one that had broken bumpers. Anddd basically the other one just collects dust.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

@loe12k: DS4 is superior. Deal with it

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@pdogg93 said:

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

Both the DS4 and my hands are symmetrical, so I find it extremely comfortable.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#114 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

Meh... whatever floats your goat and gets your boat. Yao Ming?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

@EG101: So you quote a user that was already proven wrong? Is that your argument? Do you lemmings make it a habit of ignoring reality to live in denial?

Here is the test of GGXrd. Like Conan mentioned, the game has an input lag of only 4 frames. That means what lllll1lll2ll posted about King of Fighters being the fastest game on PS4 and which is all he bases his argument on is BS. Wake up lemming.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/forums/topic/12529-ggxrd-input-lag-tests-results-pc-ps4-ps3/

And the funny thing is, he could get that same info (on GGXrd among other games) from the very same site (Displaylag.com) that created the videos he posted. That site is absolutely a credible source, the problem is that these dudes here are misrepresenting the info.

I don't know how they can see a video of one game with 6.1 frames of input lag and just assume that that's the fastest a PS4 game can be. It's a ridiculous leap.

To make this situation extra funny, that was the DEMO build of King of Fighters 14, the actual final release on PS4 is 5.6 frames, meaning even their 1 shining example was wrong in this case lmao.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: amazing, they think blatantly lying will just go unnoticed.

Applebeatspcv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Applebeatspcv3
Member since 2017 • 6 Posts

Lol no, just no

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 loe12k

@pdogg93 said:

I bought myself the Cronusmax, now using the better controller.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

Yeah I dunno, neither controller is perfect.

I like the triggers much better on the Xbox controller, but really hate the shitty dpad that requires 2 tons of force to push down whenever I want to play some old NES/SNES emulated games.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I have not more problems with Ps4 than Xbox controller, both suck when it comes to aiming in shooters, PC ftw.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 hrt_rulz01

@aroxx_ab said:

I have not more problems with Ps4 than Xbox controller, both suck when it comes to aiming in shooters, PC ftw.

Hmmm weird, I (and millions of others) seem to have no problem aiming with a controller. You mustn't be very good I guess.

magmadragoonx4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By magmadragoonx4
Member since 2015 • 697 Posts

Last gen the difference in controller quality was bigger. I'll say yes xbox is still best but big exclusives are needed. I will ignore xbox until Fable 4 or reboot are launched (announced means nothing, look at scalebound).

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

This argument proves that PC is the best place to play, not the xOne. That aside, there are adapters to use one controller on the other system and there are 3rd party controllers.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Yes, I would certainly pick a console with no must have games so that I could play with a controller that is voted marginally better. Logic.

Atomolog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Atomolog
Member since 2016 • 195 Posts

I love my one s and my ps4 pro but i will have to say I like dual shock a bit more personal preference

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#126 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

I like the 360 controller best. haha

Then DS4

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

The only con I have is the oversight on having a charge light actually on the controller. Weird thing to forget. Also, why didn't they just make it the "X" button that is lit anyways, that works in same fashion? Other than that it's quite exquisite.

My top 3 controllers of all time are...

1) XBone Elite

2) Switch Pro

3) no matter what I put for #3 it's gonna be wrong but the 3 I spent way too long debating were GCN/SNES/pair of Joycon

Either way in my opinion M$ previous entries wouldn't have come close to top 5, but the combo of an Elite Controller and an XBoneX has me very excited for Nov 7. I just kinda wanna take mine apart and stick the colored buttons from stock XBone in there, it would help me a great deal as I have spent by far more time on Nintendo's ABXY (I'm 37 so my mind has been conditioned since SNES).

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 hrt_rulz01

@crashnburn281 said:

Yes, I would certainly pick a console with no must have games so that I could play with a controller that is voted marginally better. Logic.

FlawlessPoop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 FlawlessPoop
Member since 2017 • 168 Posts

i like the ds4 more, but i play with xbox one controller on my pc.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@drlostrib said:

Didn't we just have this argument?

Using the DS4 hasn't bothered me

Playing FPS games is equally shitty on either controller

This, plus you can always get a third-party controller or something.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

Controls are one of the main reasons I game on PC. Being able to use basically whatever I want is a boon that cannot be ignored.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BassMan said:

Multiplats are best on PC and I prefer to use the X1 controller for traditional controller games. DS4 is definitely better than DS3, but the battery life is disgraceful. You also have to connect it when the battery dies instead of just quickly changing batteries. X1 controller is better than DS4 in pretty much every way except for the lack of Sixaxxis and touchpad which are not very important anyway.

This is such a generic statement... multiplats are better on SOME PCs.

You know what's not a generic statement? Multiplats are worse on the PS4 and Xbone. ;)

Avatar image for bigboy_bmw760li
BigBoy_Bmw760Li

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By BigBoy_Bmw760Li
Member since 2015 • 176 Posts

I'm a ps4/iMac user. The fact that the Xbox One controller rubber doesn't wear out as quickly as the PS4 already makes it a better controller.

Don't @Me

#ThursdayThoughts

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 hrt_rulz01

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BassMan said:

Multiplats are best on PC and I prefer to use the X1 controller for traditional controller games. DS4 is definitely better than DS3, but the battery life is disgraceful. You also have to connect it when the battery dies instead of just quickly changing batteries. X1 controller is better than DS4 in pretty much every way except for the lack of Sixaxxis and touchpad which are not very important anyway.

This is such a generic statement... multiplats are better on SOME PCs.

You know what's not a generic statement? Multiplats are worse on the PS4 and Xbone. ;)

Hmmm, actually that is a generic statement... because some PCs can't run games as well as PS4/XB1 :)

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#135 jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

This is called grasping at straws. Did anyone make a comparison between SNES and Genesis based on controllers? Nobody did. Why? Because both had great games, although one clearly had better graphics. When controllers start becoming the point of contention, then you know one particular console doesn't have what it's supposed to

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#136 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

I feel like I remember everyone saying the DS4 was better than the Xbox when they first came out. Now the times have changed? Sorry...but the Xbox hasn't been able to compete as much as they would like with the PS4 this generation and it is showing. The X in my opinion is too little too late. Before we know it the next gen consoles will be coming out.

I actually use the xbox controller more because I game on PC the most and don't want to hook up my DS4 (I know it is easy but I don't like the buttons on the screen to be something different), but I prefer the DS4 over the xbox controller.