The Conduit Hype: Lets get things straight.

• 95 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts

Lets clear up all this "hype" around the Conduit. Here are what sheep are hyping about this game:

1. Controls/Optimization- The Conduit has almost unrivaled control over how you play the game. From button mapping to on screen display. Rarely do games off the amount of custimization.
  2. Graphics- The game looks good for a Wii game. With many a preview stating sometimes it looks like a 360 game. Does it look like a 360 game? NO, does it at times perhaps have some effects and other features that could make you think "next-gen" yes. Little known fact, but the Wii can run just about every engine that the 360/PS3 can run. To clarify, THIS GAME DOES NOT LOOK AS GOOD AS A 360/PS3 GAME.
  3. The Effort- It's pretty obvious that developers aren't putting much effort into their games. Even if the Conduit isn't a great game, it's refreshing to see true EFFORT going into its development.

To conclude, Sheep aren't hyping it as a Halo Killer, they aren't hyping it as a graphics marvel, they aren't hyping it as the next big thing. It's simply a good looking game, in a genre usually seen only on the other consoles, with much effort going into its development. Might be a silly thing to get hyped about, but then again a lot of the Wii library is just plain silly in it's lack of effort.

I predict A-AA BTW

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts
I predict A-AA BTWVideoGameGuy
I'd advise against that hype. There is no way this is getting an 8. 7 would be a miracle.
Lethalhazard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Lethalhazard
Member since 2009 • 5451 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]I predict A-AA BTWCherokee_Jack
I'd advise against that hype. There is no way this is getting an 8. 7 would be a miracle.

What he said.

VideoGameGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 VideoGameGuy
Member since 2002 • 7695 Posts

perhaps. I think as long as they can keep it running smoothly, and have somewhat decent level design, and hopefully few online hiccups, i can see a 7, maybe not on GS because they kinda hate the Wii, but at least as an average. Thought i think HVS kinda shot themselves in the foot if this game is anything but solid with all their talk.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Lets clear up all this "hype" around the Conduit. Here are what sheep are hyping about this game:

1. Controls/Optimization- The Conduit has almost unrivaled control over how you play the game. From button mapping to on screen display. Rarely do games off the amount of custimization.
  2. Graphics- The game looks good for a Wii game. With many a preview stating sometimes it looks like a 360 game.

VideoGameGuy

I stopped reading there.

I feel sorry for Sheep who are hyping this game. Instead of talking about unique and great titles like Little King's Story you guys are talking about The Conduit. I thought Sheep bought a Wii so they don't have to worry about cheap FPS like the other two consoles?

TheColbert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 TheColbert
Member since 2008 • 3846 Posts
While the game looks generic to me, hopefully it's decent graphics and actually having a developer put a lot of effort into a Wii only game will pay out in the end. I am getting it for the Multiplayer Online mode with Wii speak, and I think the Single player won't be that bad. I predict on Gamespot it will get either a high 7 or low 8, IGN Mid 8-9
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts

The very existence of this game defies logic.

A FPS.

Trying to be a technical achievement.

And trying to bea "great" online multiplayer

on the Wii :|

WTH???

C-Lee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 C-Lee
Member since 2008 • 5838 Posts
The game is going to get a 5.5 Thats just my opinion on the subject.
blankshore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#9 blankshore
Member since 2008 • 1809 Posts

Why do we keep on using Halo as the FPS standard? Was that game revolutionary? No. It's just a high quality shooter. To me, The Conduit looks like a high-quality shooter as well. I don't think this game is looking to revolutionize the genre, or to change the way you think about FPS, it's just looking to set the bar for what CAN be accomplished on Wii. And I appreciate that. I don't care about graphics or technological superiority--those things are great, but it's not my main concern.I just care about gameplay, and this game looks like it's really going to deliver in that department.

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts
[QUOTE="IronBass"]The very existence of this game defies logic. A FPS. Trying to be a technical achievement. And have a great online multiplayer. . . . . . on the Wii :| WTH???

agreed....playing wiimusic on the same console is just wierd ._. (......nvm what i said) i doubt this game will sell,i mean,madworld didnt sell that well..so...i dont expect this game to sell alot
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]

2. Graphics- The game looks good for a Wii game. With many a preview stating sometimes it looks like a 360 game.

Aljosa23

I stopped reading there.

I feel sorry for Sheep who are hyping this game. Instead of talking about unique and great titles like Little King's Story you guys are talking about The Conduit. I thought Sheep bought a Wii so they don't have to worry about cheap FPS like the other two consoles?

LKS is a strange game. The main character is a little boy and the graphics, animation, and gameplay almost look like they were created for childeren. On the other hand, the game does look interesting. I'm completely up in the air about this one. As far as FPSs are concerned, some sheep buy the Wii for the superior FPS controls.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 psychobrew

Something is seriously wrong if it scores below COD:WAW Wii.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]I predict A-AA BTWpsychobrew

Something is seriously wrong with The Conduit, yes. But that wouldn't be surprising.
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] I'd advise against that hype. There is no way this is getting an 8. 7 would be a miracle.Cherokee_Jack

Something is seriously wrong with The Conduit, yes. But that wouldn't be surprising.

You post makes no sense. Care to explain what you don't like about it or why it even matters to you?
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cherokee_Jack
[QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"][QUOTE="psychobrew"] Something is seriously wrong if it scores below COD:WAW Wii.psychobrew

You post makes no sense. Care to explain what you don't like about it or why it even matters to you?

First, I'd like you to explain your post. Why do you think something is "seriously wrong" if it scores below CoD: WaW? Is WaW not a good game? The critics don't seem to agree.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
i looked at some screens and honestly what is their to hype?
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Something is seriously wrong with The Conduit, yes. But that wouldn't be surprising.Cherokee_Jack

First, I'd like you to explain your post. Why do you think something is "seriously wrong" if it scores below CoD: WaW? Is WaW not a good game? The critics don't seem to agree.

lol i know cod waw for the wii got great reviews.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]

Aljosa23

I stopped reading there.

Yeah, that game needs hype, not The Conduit. BTW, I don't play shooters on the Wii.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

The Conduit, 7.0 material if you ask me, 6.5 if the online is bad.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 psychobrew
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="Cherokee_Jack"] Something is seriously wrong with The Conduit, yes. But that wouldn't be surprising.Cherokee_Jack

I guess you can't explain your possition... WAW Wii is simply a gimped game. Modes are missing (both online and single player), maps are missing, only 8 players online, and graphics are average at best. The Conduit is a full featured FPS with a deep story and revolutionary customization abilities for a console game (controls, displays, etc.). It has tons of modes, more players online, and graphics look much better (compared to WAW Wii). WAW is an OK but generic game. It's no Battlefield on the PC though (no COD is, but The Conduit won't be either). The Conduit is simply a much higher quality product.
Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Cherokee_Jack

I guess you can't explain your possition..psychobrew

Trying to goad me will not help you.

WAW Wii is simply a gimped game. Modes are missing (both online and single player), maps are missing, only 8 players online, and graphics are average at best. The Conduit is a full featured FPS with a deep story and revolutionary customization abilities for a console game (controls, displays, etc.). It has tons of modes, more players online, and graphics look much better (compared to WAW Wii). WAW is an OK but generic game. It's no Battlefield on the PC though (no COD is, but The Conduit won't be either). The Conduit is simply a much higher quality product.psychobrew

Features don't equal quality. WaW scored as well as it did because reviewers thought the game itself was good, not because of how many maps and modes and other bullet points it had. It's very unlikely that a dev like High Voltage, who've never made a good FPS and don't make many good games in general, will surpass Treyarch when it comes to the game that has to back up all those features.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]I guess you can't explain your possition..Cherokee_Jack

Trying to goad me will not help you.

WAW Wii is simply a gimped game. Modes are missing (both online and single player), maps are missing, only 8 players online, and graphics are average at best. The Conduit is a full featured FPS with a deep story and revolutionary customization abilities for a console game (controls, displays, etc.). It has tons of modes, more players online, and graphics look much better (compared to WAW Wii). WAW is an OK but generic game. It's no Battlefield on the PC though (no COD is, but The Conduit won't be either). The Conduit is simply a much higher quality product.psychobrew

Features don't equal quality. WaW scored as well as it did because reviewers thought the game itself was good, not because of how many maps and modes and other bullet points it had. It's very unlikely that a dev like High Voltage, who've never made a good FPS and don't make many good games in general, will surpass Treyarch when it comes to the game that has to back up all those features.

WaW was not that great of a game. It's nothing special compared to all the other shooters out there. The campaign got borring and I quit playing it so now all I have is a gimped multiplayer. WAW was just another half baked effort. The online in Halo 3 was the only reason it scored as well as it did, so yes, online is an important factor.

You still haven't explained exactly what you don't like about The Conduit.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cherokee_Jack

WaW was not that great of a game. It's nothing special compared to all the other shooters out there. The campaign got borring and I quit playing it so now all I have is a gimped multiplayer.psychobrew

The critics don't seem to think so, so I don't know why it would be so wrong for them to score The Conduit lower than WaW if it isn't as good of a game.

You still haven't explained exactly what you don't like about The Conduit.psychobrew

I don't know what I don't like about The Conduit because I haven't played it yet. But from what I've seen, it looks very derivative and hasn't shown much in the way of smart level design or mechanics. It also looks remarkably ugly for a game with such technically proficient graphics.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts
My hype = A
Avatar image for EpiphoneMan2008
EpiphoneMan2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 EpiphoneMan2008
Member since 2009 • 7169 Posts
I dont see why you guys feel you must hate on this game just stop
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Its not going to do well. All it has is its technical proficiency. Even Crysis had a solid game to back up its graphics monsterness.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#27 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts
I dont see why you guys feel you must hate on this game just stop EpiphoneMan2008
It's on the Wii, and fanboys can't look past shovelware.
Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nedemis
Member since 2002 • 10715 Posts
[QUOTE="Ratchet_Fan8"][QUOTE="IronBass"]The very existence of this game defies logic. A FPS. Trying to be a technical achievement. And have a great online multiplayer. . . . . . on the Wii :| WTH???

agreed....playing wiimusic on the same console is just wierd ._. (......nvm what i said) i doubt this game will sell,i mean,madworld didnt sell that well..so...i dont expect this game to sell alot

Madworld was a niche title, The Conduit is at least in a genre that most people at least try. :| I own a Wii and 360 and Madworld was something that I easily ignored. The ONLY thing that game had going for it was the over the top gore. Other then that, it's nothing special. Now I'm not saying The Conduit is something special either. What I am saying is that it's in a genre that many Wii fans have been wanting more of and The Conduits sales alone will sore simply because it looks great (for a Wii game), has online MP (something only a handful of Wii games have) and it shows the potential of the Wii's abilities. It's too bad that a mediocre title is opening peoples eyes, but if this is what it takes to spark some interest from developers, then so be it. I personally will keep an eye on this games MP side of things cause if the reviews are kind to the game in that area then I just might pick this one up. Playing FPS games on the Wii is something different and in some aspects, I find it far superior control wise over the standard controller. :)
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 psychobrew

Its not going to do well. All it has is its technical proficiency. Even Crysis had a solid game to back up its graphics monsterness.

foxhound_fox
What's not solid about The Conduit? The story is deep and the gameplay looks great.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 foxhound_fox

What's not solid about The Conduit? The story is deep and the gameplay looks great.psychobrew

It looks more generic a corridor shooter than Doom 3.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]What's not solid about The Conduit? The story is deep and the gameplay looks great.foxhound_fox

It looks more generic a corridor shooter than Doom 3.

All shooters are generic nowdays (even Crysis, KZ2, Halo 3, and COD). Most games in any genre are generic. That doesn't mean they can't be fun.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Nedemis
[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

psychobrew
What's not solid about The Conduit? The story is deep and the gameplay looks great.

agreed about the story line. It looks to have one of the more in depth stories for a FPS I've seen in a while.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 foxhound_fox

All shooters are generic nowdays (even Crysis, KZ2, Halo 3, and COD). Most games in any genre are generic. That doesn't mean they can't be fun.psychobrew

Crysis is far from generic. And you forgot to mention games like STALER: Shadow of Chernobyl, which try to add new things to the shooter formula... and do it very well. The Conduit looks like it would have trouble competing with the original Unreal.

kart_racer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 kart_racer
Member since 2006 • 372 Posts

I'm just glad to see some EFFORT from a 3rd party

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]All shooters are generic nowdays (even Crysis, KZ2, Halo 3, and COD). Most games in any genre are generic. That doesn't mean they can't be fun.foxhound_fox

Crysis is far from generic. And you forgot to mention games like STALER: Shadow of Chernobyl, which try to add new things to the shooter formula... and do it very well. The Conduit looks like it would have trouble competing with the original Unreal.

Based on the video I've seen, both are just as generic as The Conduit.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 foxhound_fox

Based on the video I've seen, both are just as generic as The Conduit.psychobrew

You obviously have not watched videos of the games. Or did with your pink goggles on.

strudel420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 strudel420
Member since 2006 • 3687 Posts

Anywhere from 7.0-8.5 you say? Don't get too specific now.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Nedemis

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]All shooters are generic nowdays (even Crysis, KZ2, Halo 3, and COD). Most games in any genre are generic. That doesn't mean they can't be fun.foxhound_fox

Sorry but The Conduits story sets it apart from most FPS games this gen. It has by far the most intriguing story to go with a plot that I've heard of. As far as console FPS titles go, The Conduit's story is beyond any this gen.

Flame me all you want, but if you don't agree then you simply don't know the concept behind the story.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 foxhound_fox

Sorry but The Conduits story sets it apart from most FPS games this gen. It has by far the most intriguing story to go with a plot that I've heard of. As far as console FPS titles go, The Conduit's story is beyond any this gen

Flame me all you want, but if you don't agree then you simply don't know the concept behind the story.

Nedemis

A B-movie conspiracy theory plot? Sure, it might be unique, but from what I've read, it is as far from intriguing as you can get.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]Based on the video I've seen, both are just as generic as The Conduit.foxhound_fox

You obviously have not watched videos of the games. Or did with your pink goggles on.

LOL. Grow up. Chernobyl may be a new setting, but it's basically the same thing. Open world should be standard and has been done before. Shooting zombies and radiated monsters has been done before. Armor has been done before. What does this game bring to the table that no other game has?

InfinityMugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 InfinityMugen
Member since 2007 • 3905 Posts

I just hope it's a fun game to play. If not, there are plenty of games to look foward to like Muramasa, Punchout, and of course Little Kings Story which I think will become a cult hit.

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 psychobrew

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]Sorry but The Conduits story sets it apart from most FPS games this gen. It has by far the most intriguing story to go with a plot that I've heard of. As far as console FPS titles go, The Conduit's story is beyond any this gen

foxhound_fox

A B-movie conspiracy theory plot? Sure, it might be unique, but from what I've read, it is as far from intriguing as you can get.

The Conduit was designed so you didn't have to explore if you just wanted to shoot things, but exploring would be rewarding. I don't see how you arrived at the conclusion that The Conduit was a B movie, but whatever. There are more B rated monster and zombie movies than there are B rated movies with in depth conspiracy theories.

Nedemis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nedemis

[QUOTE="Nedemis"]Sorry but The Conduits story sets it apart from most FPS games this gen. It has by far the most intriguing story to go with a plot that I've heard of. As far as console FPS titles go, The Conduit's story is beyond any this gen

foxhound_fox

It's no less generic then the MGS series story and yet that game is praised for that. Besides, it's not just the story that unfolds as you play but it's also about the story leading up to the moments in the game. If you even have a shred of knowledge on the subject, this game is very interesting seeing how they've taken documented events of mass abductions and other various alien encounters and those serve as the depth of things to come within the game.

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts

[QUOTE="VideoGameGuy"]

Aljosa23

I stopped reading there.

Exactly! Thank you, Aljosa :P.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 foxhound_fox

LOL. Grow up. Chernobyl may be a new setting, but it's basically the same thing. Open world should be standard and has been done before. Shooting zombies and radiated monsters has been done before. Armor has been done before. What does this game bring to the table that no other game has?psychobrew

AI the adapts to new situations and has non-scripted path-finding and react on their own. Combine that with the survival elements, realism factor and the open world design, and you get a high quality hybrid shooter that attempts to change the way we look at shooters and how they are done today.

What does the Conduit do?

psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 psychobrew

[QUOTE="psychobrew"]LOL. Grow up. Chernobyl may be a new setting, but it's basically the same thing. Open world should be standard and has been done before. Shooting zombies and radiated monsters has been done before. Armor has been done before. What does this game bring to the table that no other game has?foxhound_fox

AI the adapts to new situations and has non-scripted path-finding and react on their own. Combine that with the survival elements, realism factor and the open world design, and you get a high quality hybrid shooter that attempts to change the way we look at shooters and how they are done today.

What does the Conduit do?

The Conduit has AI that adapts to new situations and reacts on their own too. The Conduit gives you complete customization of controls and displays as well (unique for consoles), is the first full featured FPS using the Wii motion controls/IR pointer, and has a unique and well developed story that some people will play just to go over every square inch of the game to figure everything out -- yet for those that just want to play the game, the story doesn't have to be followed closely at all and it doesn't interupt game play (I'm sick of games that shove cut scenes down your throat in the middles of the game -- just let me play the game and figure out the story as I go, and if cut scenes are really needed, put them at the end of the level or some other spot so it's not distracting).

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 foxhound_fox

The Conduit has AI that adapts to new situations and reacts on their own too. The Conduit gives you complete customization of controls and displays as well (unique for consoles), is the first full featured FPS using the Wii motion controls/IR pointer, and has a unique and well developed story that some people will play just to go over every square inch of the game to figure everything out -- yet for those that just want to play the game, the story doesn't have to be followed closely at all and it doesn't interupt game play (I'm sick of games that shove cut scenes down your throat in the middles of the game -- just let me play the game and figure out the story as I go, and if cut scenes are really needed, put them at the end of the level or some other spot so it's not distracting).psychobrew

Doesn't sound like anything new for the genre despite Wii controls... which were perfected already by Retro and Corruption.

Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

Why do we keep on using Halo as the FPS standard? Was that game revolutionary? No. It's just a high quality shooter. To me, The Conduit looks like a high-quality shooter as well. I don't think this game is looking to revolutionize the genre, or to change the way you think about FPS, it's just looking to set the bar for what CAN be accomplished on Wii. And I appreciate that. I don't care about graphics or technological superiority--those things are great, but it's not my main concern.I just care about gameplay, and this game looks like it's really going to deliver in that department.

blankshore

It was revolutionary. It brought the caliber of FPS to an even higher peak. Have you played it? That game has brought in a piece of every crowd to it. More kids then it needs though..................

AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
I don't understand why so many Wii owners hype this when there are games like Little King's Story that actually deserve the hype. I'm going to rent the game and give it a shot, but there are much better games coming out on the Wii.
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 foxhound_fox

It was revolutionary. It brought the caliber of FPS to an even higher peak. Have you played it? That game has brought in a piece of every crowd to it. More kids then it needs though..................Hungry_Jello

Halo did nothing new or revolutionary. All it did was popularize the genre on consoles with the casual mainstream.