The Conduit actually looks pretty decent from this video.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/39105.html

The AI looks bad and the weapons are blah so far, but other then that it looks decent imo. I won't be getting it because there will be superior shooters available by then but for Wii only owners who don't have any FPS' you should probably pick this up.

superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts

im impressed.

the ps3 has resistence series

the xbox360 has gears series

the wii now has the conduit series (thats if they intend to develop sequels for it)

GootHimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GootHimp
Member since 2008 • 581 Posts
I think i played this game on my xbox 4 years ago :lol:
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
i dont think this looks all that good, the character models suck, the enviroments are bland and the weapons dont look good plus the A.I sucks they just stand and shoot. graphically metroid prime 3 looks better.
musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#5 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts
I'm shocked how little love this title is getting. That was a solid video. I see people complain about the graphics, but it looks better than a lot of Wii games I see. I see people complain about the AI, but the demos of MGS4 and Killzone2 didn't exactly show brilliant AI- the game is probably on easy. Really? :?
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I hope the online is good cuz i want a wii shooter so bad but the current ones dont interest me
Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mitazaki

I'm shocked how little love this title is getting. That was a solid video. I see people complain about the graphics, but it looks better than a lot of Wii games I see. I see people complain about the AI, but the demos of MGS4 and Killzone2 didn't exactly show brilliant AI- the game is probably on easy. Really? :?musicalmac

there is'nt much you can say about the graphics though really, sure its better than what alot of wii games looks like but thats not saying much and so it looks like its missing something to make it stand out from the rest of the fps game. imo i think it just looks bland, the character models could be so much better than that and the guns again. the problem with the A.I is when you watch them shoot they just stand there, I mean your in a gun fight so just stand there:?. I do hope it turns out to be a good game as the wii needs a good fps, MOH:H2 was great but it had its share of problems.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#8 musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

there is'nt much you can say about the graphics though really, sure its better than what alot of wii games looks like but thats not saying much and so it looks like its missing something to make it stand out from the rest of the fps game. imo i think it just looks bland, the character models could be so much better than that and the guns again. the problem with the A.I is when you watch them shoot they just stand there, I mean your in a gun fight so just stand there:?. I do hope it turns out to be a good game as the wii needs a good fps, MOH:H2 was great but it had its share of problems.

Mitazaki
I don't think we can judge the AI from videos. As far as the graphics are concerned, they're at least vivid, and the lighting is not half bad. I think it would look impressive first hand. All of what I'm saying is speculation, but I just don't think the game deserves all that negativity right off the bat.
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

I'm shocked how little love this title is getting. That was a solid video. I see people complain about the graphics, but it looks better than a lot of Wii games I see. I see people complain about the AI, but the demos of MGS4 and Killzone2 didn't exactly show brilliant AI- the game is probably on easy. Really? :?musicalmac

yeah the game is on easy i saw on previous videos the guy who was playing it did say it was on easy

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
it's certainly got potential. i wouldn't write it off at this point.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17891 Posts

im keeping an eye on it.

id love a good FPS for my wii and i really hope HV deliver. i dont think its going to be a revolution or anything....but if it delivers a good looking and fun FPS experience then HV will be head and shoulders above everyone else bar ninty on the wii FPS front. hell delivering that would be a revolution in itself since no other 3rd party dev seems to be up to the job.

the vid shows a few problems with animation and some narly sound effects but the game has quite a bit of development time to go. hopefully those issues will be fixed. the latest vids are a definate step up from the april vid mind.

on a side note, if HV intend to licence the engine that that would also be a very nice thing for the wii. the other platforms have benefited from middleware and engines like UE3 which make it easier to get those the PS3, 360 and PC firing on all cylinders. the wii has had to mostly settle for slightly modified PS2 and xbox tech when it comes to 3rd parties. an eninge that deals with alot of the scary stuff would be a god send for the wii.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Wii shooters are strangely lacking on the system, and IMO has one of the better control schemes. (MP3 did this great!)

I just hope its just not a lot of hype. All we hear is graphics graphics graphics, and thats only big deal because Wii graphics are so inferior potential wise. So it better have more to offer than just looking like one of the better Wii games. I would like to start hearing praise about gameplay.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mitazaki
You are right the game does indeed get more hate then it deservers, I do believe this game does have potential but I am skeptical at the same time. I want this to be a good game but is it just me or does this game look better in screenshots than what we see in videos.
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts
It looks really good for a wii game. The guns shoot. The enemies die. I say make the AI more challenging and give it a decent story and I would call it an 8.
EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts

I was expecting it to look bad but it actually looked pretty good. No doubt most hate for this game is just because it's on the Wii. It's not gonna be Halo 3, or COD4 quality, but it should be a good Wii game.

I think i played this game on my xbox 4 years ago :lol:GootHimp
yyyyhh... no, that wasn't even a bit funny.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
I am keeping an eye on this game. High Voltage has caught my attention.
Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts

Well the bar for shooters is really high at the moment, and there's more to come. The game would have to be really really good to stand out (same goes for any upcoming shooter).
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
Looks fun. The turning, aiming, and controls look really smooth. Nothing mindblowing but a solid title. Let's hope the final product satisfies.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I can understand people's problems with this game looking unoriginal and bland, but that's sorta the point. WE HAVE NO TRADITONAL SHOOTERS ON THE WII YET. This IS orginal because it's kinda a first for the wii and can prove that traditional shooters will work. It's not falling back on some gimmick or a crazy setting or wierd art direction to get attention. It's just trying to be the the first solid traditional scifi shooter for the wii.

MP3 was a scifi game, but it wasn't exactly traditional being a FPA and all.

web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#21 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
Looks like it could be a decent shooter.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
That looked extremely similiar to Half Life for some reason.
CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CronoSquall
Member since 2008 • 915 Posts
It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.
Tony-Harrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tony-Harrison
Member since 2008 • 1884 Posts

It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.CronoSquall

Wrong.

It gets most of it's hype from the controls.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 CronoSquall

[QUOTE="CronoSquall"]It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.Tony-Harrison

Wrong.

You mean like the hype MP3 got from it's controls that were going to "change the way we play FPS on consoles forever"? MP3 was forgotten less than a month later when everyone was playing COD4 and The Orange Box. (the controls were actually pretty terrible) If a generic sci-fi FPS with passable visuals and tacked on motion controls warrants hyping, then the Wii software lineup is in even worse shape than I thought.

TenP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 TenP
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts
The thing at 1:15ish looks like an arachnid from Starship Troopers!
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#27 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

im impressed.

the wii now has the conduit series (thats if they intend to develop sequels for it)

superjim42

But I guarantee Nintendo will show 0% support of this game.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#28 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games.CronoSquall

I can see that... this game is made from the game engine that guaranteed "PS3 quality graphics" I recall.

The game does look quite good for a Wii game, but at the same time... the video shows a guy running through a mansion, shooting back suits / sunglass wearing enemies, and aliens. Just taking a shot in the dark, but I bet the storyline will be kinda blah-zay.

But, it looks promising enough.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CronoSquall

carljohnson3456

For Wii only owners, sure. I can't see anyone who owns that and or both of the others bothering with it anytime soon. Maybe late next year out of the bargain bin for nine bucks.

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 angelkimne

im impressed.

superjim42
Gears over Halo ???
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 angelkimne
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"]

CronoSquall

For Wii only owners, sure. I can't see anyone who owns that and or both of the others bothering with it anytime soon. Maybe late next year out of the bargain bin for nine bucks.

I'm hyping it, and i have that so called 'shooter console' aswell.
lightlink7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lightlink7
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts
This looks great, if they improve the AI I'll probably buy it. My wii is begging for a new game.
stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts

Urg...am I the only one who thinks this looks horrible,and the only reason its getting such hype is because the Wii is bereft of decent FPS?

Seriously some of it reminds me of it of Die Hard Vendetta for the Gamecube.Do not want.

CronoSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 CronoSquall

Urg...am I the only one who thinks this looks horrible,and the only reason its getting such hype is because the Wii is bereft of decent FPS?

Seriously some of it reminds me of it of Die Hard Vendetta for the Gamecube.Do not want.

stvee101

But it is funny to see sheep hype up such a blatantly average game.

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mitazaki
[QUOTE="Tony-Harrison"]

[QUOTE="CronoSquall"]It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.CronoSquall

Wrong.

You mean like the hype MP3 got from it's controls that were going to "change the way we play FPS on consoles forever"? MP3 was forgotten less than a month later when everyone was playing COD4 and The Orange Box. (the controls were actually pretty terrible) If a generic sci-fi FPS with passable visuals and tacked on motion controls warrants hyping, then the Wii software lineup is in even worse shape than I thought.

the controls were great, yeah it has some slight problems but other than that it worked good and did lead to even better controls on MOH:H2

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#36 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
[QUOTE="stvee101"]

CronoSquall

But it is funny to see sheep hype up such a blatantly average game.

i find it funny that you guys were hyping lair, two human, and haze:lol:
stepat201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 stepat201
Member since 2008 • 1979 Posts

Yeah,it looks like one of those crappy last gen James Bond games.

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Harrison"]

[QUOTE="CronoSquall"]It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.CronoSquall

Wrong.

Have you ever played MP3? It doesn't sound like you have, the controls were excellent.
angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 angelkimne

[QUOTE="GootHimp"]I think i played this game on my xbox 4 years ago :lol:stepat201

Yeah,it looks like one of those crappy last gen James Bond games.

Everything Or Nothing am owns you!
Tony-Harrison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tony-Harrison
Member since 2008 • 1884 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Harrison"]

Wrong.

Metroid Prime 3 was brilliant. IGN gave it 9.5, and Gamespot gave it 8.5 (which was too low IMO).

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts
The graphics are nearly as good as Red Steel.
anasbouzid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 anasbouzid
Member since 2004 • 2340 Posts
[QUOTE="Tony-Harrison"]

Wrong.

you mean you forgot about it......not me...the controls kicked @&$ although id-of wanted them to be a little faster....and on that note...i didnt care for conduit untill I saw that the controls are custamizable...and pretty good

keano3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 keano3333
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts

I'm not worried what you think because you obviously don't think too often.

BubbyJello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BubbyJello
Member since 2007 • 2750 Posts
[QUOTE="CronoSquall"][QUOTE="Tony-Harrison"]

[QUOTE="CronoSquall"]It's an average FPS game that gets all of it's hype based on the fact that it looks pretty good compared to most other Wii games, which is massively hypocritical considering the Wii fans arguements that graphics cannot make a game.Tony-Harrison

Wrong.

Metroid Prime 3 was brilliant. IGN gave it 9.5, and Gamespot gave it 8.5 (which was too low IMO).

Way too low.

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
Hmm? Nope, still looks crap.
fbigent34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fbigent34
Member since 2007 • 2389 Posts

It so much fun seeing people hate on a game that video is old for one. second off people who hate on wii is going to post bias opioions and trolls will join.

Last but not least. they didn't promise 360/ps3 grapchis they said there aiming for 360 like grapchis.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

I don't know which is more sad,

Sheep (and Sheep that HIDE as multi-console owners) who are desperately supporting this game?

or

The piss-poor development "talent" of this game.........on a very very cost efficient, 8 year old, dev friendly console?

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts
It doesn't look too hot in screens but in motion it seems to be coming along well. I'll be getting this regardless. Respect for High Voltage for doing their best :)
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#50 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I don't know which is more sad,

Sheep (and Sheep that HIDE as multi-console owners) who are desperately supporting this game?

or

The piss-poor development "talent" of this game.........on a very very cost efficient, 8 year old, dev friendly console?

M8ingSeezun

Talent is of little use on 360 or ps3. It's one game outside the thinking box and You're out. The games there should be made by marketing teams.