Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I had kept this thread "in a drawer" for 19 days. I just thought it was too much emotion imbued in it and I thought people would see it the wrong way, but I decided to retrieve it and paste it here, because I think certain negative trends still continue.

Remember, the reader, this thread was made before MS changed its plans for 2016 so it refers to Scalebound as a 2016 release. The original Gamespot article was published in the last days of 2015.

ORIGINAL STORY:

After being hardly included in any "best of 2015" game lists:

http://gotypicks.blogspot.com/

which has 0 picks for Halo 5 out of hundreds of publications, has only 3 for Rise of the Tomb Raider and 1 for Ori whereas even games like Everybody Has Gone to the Rapture, Battlefront, Until Dawn, and even Massive Chalice have one..

and having been equally omitted from "most anticipated for 2016" lists on several dozen occasions already, this list proves that the bias against Xbox One is both REAL and INSANE.

http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/the-agonizing-wait-every-game-from-e3-thats-coming/2900-228/

Aside from this list being incompetently made because it has games that weren't on E3 2015 such as Quantum Break and Dead Island 2, its author also forgot the fact that Dead Island 2 has a status of vaporware following the departure of its developer, Yager, back in July 2015 - yet the blurb for Dead Island 2 still has Yager as its developer.

It lists a game - Project Setsuna - about which next to nothing, apart from short trailer and a handful of concept arts, IS KNOWN...

The only two Xbox One games it has are Gears 4 and Quantum Break, but QB is falsely listed as coming to PC.

Since we've already established its logical inconsistency with regards to games being shown on E3 2015, my question is, where is Scalebound? It was shown on E3 2014 and then tentatively put for 2015 release and then pushed to 2016. It would've fit this list, but no. Project Satsuna with nothing going for it, is apparently a thing.

It's not about preference or being butthurt about game X, I don't give a flying **** about that. But it is about substance, nonetheless and listing a vaporware that has no developer attached to it and a game that has next to nothing shown over a game that had a lengthy presentation with lots of gameplay is pure BS.

--

EDIT from Jan 21: I could list many other examples, like the fact that no Polish developer mentioned ANY Xbox game (apart from Ori that's also shared with PC) here:

http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2015-12-23-najlepsze-gry-2015-roku-wedlug-polskich-deweloperow

(and they even picked games like Axiom Verge, re-release of Journey, The Order, Until Dawn, Assassin's Creed Syndicate or..................Lara Croft GO)

and the fact that one of the leading Polish weekly magazines POLITYKA had barely included Rise of the Tomb Raider as #10 in their Top 10 of 2015

and ad infinitum

It seems that when it comes to awards and noticing Xbox games in year-end lists, its games are nowhere to be found, and such is the case for upcoming ones.

Even vaporware seems more exciting on average than something tangible and coming out quite soon on that system.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#2 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Man, this is a whole new level of persecution complex.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

should have left it in the drawer

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

The gaming press has been pretty hard on the Xbox One since the announcement, yes. But games like Halo 5 have done nothing to improve the image. So saying there must be something going on because no publication had Halo 5 in it's GOTY list isn't going to help your case.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

well if you'd stop carrying out your smear campaign then we wouldn't have these problems!

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@charizard1605: See what you started

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

All this because Halo 5 didn't win any awards? lol

Blame 343 for being a shitty dev. The only people that can't see the decline of Halo in both quality and popularity are blind xbots.

As for no one anticipating any xbone exclusives this year maybe its because other than QB and Gears 4 nothing is set in stone and we don't know anything about games like Recore or Sea of Thieves other than they exist.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I agree there is a bias against the Xbox one. It has great exclusives, a great controller, a much better UI, good sales, free BC, and new IPs coming out, and it's all ignored. Only negatives are mentioned. Like Charizards sales threads about Wii U outselling Xbox One in Germany. It's like really people...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Halo 5 was horrible and doesn't deserve game of the year at all. A game that costs $6000 in micro transaction to have it all should never be a game of the year period.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

343's lower 84/100 metascoring Halo 5 not getting a GOTY mention caused this panic attack?

@lostrib said:

should have left it in the drawer

Put it in a safe deposit box and let his offspring read about dear old grandpappy saltyfries.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

Seems like tc is hyper sensitive whenever xbone gets left out. Honestly if you enjoy the console than that's all that matters. You don't need to get over emotional just because it doesn't get enough recognition in your eyes. Perhaps you should have more important things in life to think about.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@ribstaylor1 said:

Halo 5 was horrible and doesn't deserve game of the year at all. A game that costs $6000 in micro transaction to have it all should never be a game of the year period.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@SolidTy: I don't even care about the game anymore, stopped playing multiplayer as early as first week of December. The New Order was a much more memorable experience to me even if it kind of took a large nosedive in the last third of the game with not carrying the depth of characters it had previously created throughout the story, and ending every previous thread in an underdeveloped way.

But it's ok, I see everybody took it the wrong way so far - as expected. I see a lot of "status quo" people who would've been the same way 100 years ago about women not having the rights to vote.

Just because there is an extreme view from the other side, it doesn't mean that it is not valid. Sometimes you have to make people aware through extreme measures, because the status quo people are so up in their own asses, they don't realize there is A PROBLEM.

I just think it's unfair that one system that objectively has a considerable amount of games is made to look as if it barely had any, and as if pluralism couldn't exist in a video game industry.

Of course it helps when you read actual points and examples, and address them, and not the headline and deflect emotions that aren't there.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

I don't think even cows went this far last Gen. The panic is real.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy: I don't even care about the game anymore, stopped playing multiplayer as early as first week of December. The New Order was a much more memorable experience to me even if it kind of took a large nosedive in the last third of the game with not carrying the depth of characters it had previously created throughout the story, and ending every previous thread in an underdeveloped way.

But it's ok, I see everybody took it the wrong way so far - as expected. I see a lot of "status quo" people who would've been the same way 100 years ago about women not having the rights to vote.

Just because there is an extreme view from the other side, it doesn't mean that it is not valid. Sometimes you have to make people aware through extreme measures, because the status quo people are so up in their own asses, they don't realize there is A PROBLEM.

So you made a thread complaining about a game you don't even play not winning any awards?

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#17 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Bias is created by the product. If a product is terrible then of course it will be looked down upon.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Salt_The_Fries

@Bigboi500 said:

Tosia says "hi" ;)

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 175

#19  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 14551 Posts

Put the fanboy shit aside and judge games on their own merits. Halo 5 is not very good and was not deserving of any nominations. Games like Scalebound have potential, but too little has been seen to get really excited for it. The fact that the main character reminds people of the latest Dante from DMC, does not help matters.

These lists are just like reviews. They are opinions and don't necessarily represent how everybody feels. No need to get butthurt if certain games are not on the list.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 40902 Posts

I would agree there's a overwhelming anti-MS sentiment more than there is a strong pro-Sony sentiment, probably because there's nothing worth celebrating owning a PS4. I mean, at least two anti-MS threads today yanks straight off of NeoGAF, the site that has more devotion toward anti-MS pro-Sony fanboys than all of System Wars.

I remember we had that discussion of developers "brainwashed by NeoGAF". That they constantly regurgitate that the parity clause is stopping games from staggering on the Xbox One even though MS publicly on numerous occasions since 2013 that they'd reverse course and work with publishers. Publishers not choosing to make games for a system is one things, but i recall reading in an interview regarding Broforce not being made for Xbox One the developer said MS that they contact MS and MS wouldn't let them make Broforce for the Xbox One if they released on PS4 first, which got an immediate response form ID@Xbox calling them out saying that - no actually they never contact them, on the contrary they'd very much like Broforce to get an Xbox One port and would gladly allow them to stagger a release on there, but they never did call. Furthermore there were already a few titles already releasing and many more to this day that have staggered onto the Xbox One from PC and PS4. They got called out for it in their face and all we heard was crickets. People still choose to believe such shit, even developers who should no better than to listen to the misinformation peddling intelligentsia of NeoGAF. That's just one example but I think it certainly illustrates that the overwhelming bias of such a place people largely regard as the developers go to forums and discussion for industry members and the lopsided bias there does have real ramifications.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Awww. *waves* hi sweetheart!

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

I have some tin foil left over if you want me to make you a hat?

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

@lawlessx said:
@ribstaylor1 said:

you have no idea what you're talking about.

Yeah no kidding.

You can "get it all" just by playing the game since you earn req points by playing matches.

Not that this entirely justifies the microtransaction model of course, I think the model is dumb personally, but Halo 5 is another example where microtransactions are dumb but don't ruin the game.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Stuff happens. Fanboys are everywhere.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#25  Edited By aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I thought people would see it the wrong way

You are correct, but everything else... ehhhhh. Anybody expecting Halo 5 GOTY is going to be disappointed

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 146

User Lists: 2

#26 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10468 Posts

I think if you had continued working on this thread and delved further detailing specific cases, it could have been a neat read.

I don't get the lack of Rise of the Tomb Raider hype though. That game was great, and if I had played the majority of it in 2015 it would have been in the top 3 of my personal GotY list. Game was good.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 49654 Posts

As a gamer, I own 3 current-gen consoles, PC as well and a 3DS handheld. Let me put this way, as long as the big 3 are making games that I'm interested, I care noting for the fanboys and you Salt, should do the same.

Nothing personal Salt, it's System Wars business after all.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20058 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Look who's talking, you started the Xbox One Smear Campaign :P

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 21132 Posts

I remember when cows were saying the same thing all last gen (mainly in the first half).

It's amazing just how perfect the role reversal has been this gen. Almost all the usual arguments have flipped around.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I think that the press was fair with Halo 5, in that most of them agreed the multiplayer was spectacular. It was the campaign that was attacked, and the removal of split screen.

I couldn't care less about split screen, but I understand that the people who do have the right to complain about it. I loved the campaign but it's like movies, some people will like them others will have a different viewpoint and dislike them. What most agreed upon, however, was the incredible gameplay....finally, for the first time ever in a Halo game I really do feel like a super soldier.

I don't feel there was bias, and when was the last time an fps made it in GOTY lists....it happens but not too often. Halo 5 was busy re-inventing the core gameplay and as such a few other aspects might have suffered a little.

Anyways, there is also no denying the popularity of the PS4 and a lot of times these lists amount to a popularity contest among great games. I take them with a grain of salt. Anyways, no I do not think there is bias all around, but certainly it is within realm of possibilities that multiple publications out there do have a certain bias....at the end of the day, you cannot truly now what is behind the thinking of a person.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 174815 Posts

Crying because a game you think should be raved about isn't is a bit sad dude.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16215 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

I had kept this thread "in a drawer" for 19 days. I just thought it was too much emotion imbued in it and I thought people would see it the wrong way, but I decided to retrieve it and paste it here, because I think certain negative trends still continue.

Remember, the reader, this thread was made before MS changed its plans for 2016 so it refers to Scalebound as a 2016 release. The original Gamespot article was published in the last days of 2015.

ORIGINAL STORY:

which has 0 picks for Halo 5 out of hundreds of publications, has only 3 for Rise of the Tomb Raider and 1 for Ori whereas even games like Everybody Has Gone to the Rapture, Battlefront, Until Dawn, and even Massive Chalice have one..

and having been equally omitted from "most anticipated for 2016" lists on several dozen occasions already, this list proves that the bias against Xbox One is both REAL and INSANE.

http://www.gamespot.com/gallery/the-agonizing-wait-every-game-from-e3-thats-coming/2900-228/

Aside from this list being incompetently made because it has games that weren't on E3 2015 such as Quantum Break and Dead Island 2, its author also forgot the fact that Dead Island 2 has a status of vaporware following the departure of its developer, Yager, back in July 2015 - yet the blurb for Dead Island 2 still has Yager as its developer.

It lists a game - Project Setsuna - about which next to nothing, apart from short trailer and a handful of concept arts, IS KNOWN...

The only two Xbox One games it has are Gears 4 and Quantum Break, but QB is falsely listed as coming to PC.

Since we've already established its logical inconsistency with regards to games being shown on E3 2015, my question is, where is Scalebound? It was shown on E3 2014 and then tentatively put for 2015 release and then pushed to 2016. It would've fit this list, but no. Project Satsuna with nothing going for it, is apparently a thing.

It's not about preference or being butthurt about game X, I don't give a flying **** about that. But it is about substance, nonetheless and listing a vaporware that has no developer attached to it and a game that has next to nothing shown over a game that had a lengthy presentation with lots of gameplay is pure BS.

--

EDIT from Jan 21: I could list many other examples, like the fact that no Polish developer mentioned ANY Xbox game (apart from Ori that's also shared with PC) here:

http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2015-12-23-najlepsze-gry-2015-roku-wedlug-polskich-deweloperow

(and they even picked games like Axiom Verge, re-release of Journey, The Order, Until Dawn, Assassin's Creed Syndicate or..................Lara Croft GO)

and the fact that one of the leading Polish weekly magazines POLITYKA had barely included Rise of the Tomb Raider as #10 in their Top 10 of 2015

and ad infinitum

It seems that when it comes to awards and noticing Xbox games in year-end lists, its games are nowhere to be found, and such is the case for upcoming ones.

Even vaporware seems more exciting on average than something tangible and coming out quite soon on that system.

It's defenitely true that the bias against xboxone is real but ask yourself this, why is that?

With the release of the xboxone microsoft showed a level of megalomania that was never seen before in the console business. The always online kinect felt like a spy in your living room, the always online for drm still feels like a step to far. I got the xbox for two reasons; exclusive content (legends players in fifa) and the controller (I always liked the stick layout better on the xboxone).

Since I don't play fifa anymore I bought a ps4 just to try it out (and have a fresh start in world of tanks) and I most honestly admit that I'm starting to understand why the ps4 sells so much better. The ps4 controller may still have the old stick layout, on every other level it's a better controller than the xboxone. The hardware is a bit better as well, and the 2016 lineup for games for the ps4 looks a lot better too.

That wasn't the case for 2015. 2015 was defenitely a better year for the xboxone in terms of games but most of that was because of timed exclusivity, which is actually a pretty shady tactic as well. Instead of investing (more) money in good exclusive games, they spent money so that certain games would release later on the ps4. Since a lot more users own a ps4 instead of an xboxone (for obvious reasons of hardware and price) it's only normal the xboxone get's all this hate.

I must say I've always been happy with xbox, but the ps4 starts to look a lot more interesting as of late. I don't want to justify the bias against the xboxone though, but you know these articles are still made by people, people that have an interest in gaming and if they think xbox isn't doing good for the gaming business there will of course be bias.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Turn your back on gamers, they turn their back on you. This is the natural order of things.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

Chaz uses #SmearCampaign2015!

It's super effective!

:D

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

ORIGINAL STORY:

--

and ad infinitum

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I remember when cows were saying the same thing all last gen (mainly in the first half).

It's amazing just how perfect the role reversal has been this gen. Almost all the usual arguments have flipped around.

Basically, this. The people who were around this forum in 06-09 (or other similar forums during that time period) remember very well that it was the cows using the exact same arguments. In fact, I recall Eurogamer (just because OP mentioned that site too) being "teh biazzz against the PS Triple!!" for quite a while :P

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts
@Salt_The_Fries said:

I had kept this thread "in a drawer" for 19 days. I just thought it was too much emotion imbued in it and I thought people would see it the wrong way

Fucking lol, get over yourself.

demacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By demacabre
Member since 2015 • 361 Posts

This is really just the nature of how the last 3 years have played out. Is there an overt bias? not exactly. There is a narrative that has been shaped up until this point since the initial reveal and the market trends, consumer hype, and occasional missteps just created this. I am sure last generation the PS3 suffered the same thing where there was a predisposed negativity to the product and the 360 was the darling.

But, the PS3 soldiered on and produced amazing games which lent into the PS4 era. Shit can change back around. But to think of it as this intentional bias or vilifying is kind of off the mark. If anything, big game publications err on the side of giving big publishers the benefit of the doubt to keep marketing and advertising relationships in play. If a company gets constantly shit upon, they won't spend their advertising money there. And even this doesn't mean paying for good scores, it just means no publication would have a longterm campaign of outright slamming Microsoft just on a business level.

But Salt, despite your obvious enthusiasm (which I think you wear honestly on your sleeve), you come across as someone who loves games. Enjoy your Xbox games, look forward to more games in 2016, and soldier on through this generation. If anything, this entire generation and all the fuckups might make MS better moving forward.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Get over it, dude.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#40 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80418 Posts

What? Halo 5 won nothing? Time to boycott! #videogameawardssosony

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Turn your back on gamers, they turn their back on you. This is the natural order of things.

Pretty much, I ditched Nintendo when they made the Wii even though it sold well it offered little for the core gamer. It's funny how people forget MS tried to screw us over. Everything negative against X1 is of MS own doing.

Livecommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Livecommander
Member since 2009 • 1388 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: scalebound was just barely shown. 1st showing was cgi for chirst sake. Then live gameplay was nothing to bar setting as you could just feel how incomplete the mechanics were , on top of that its a new ip so no "oh last one was good im hype now" to add to the anticipation. Horizon came out full real time smooth and game actually looked ready to be bought. I could go on...

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

Haven't been active on here lately. Glad to see that Xbots are still crying as usual. Needed a good laugh.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Damn, we haven't even gotten a month out from the greatest lineup in Xbox history and then there's this thread. Damn, why you no happy? I mean, a few months ago, I could have sworn y'all Lems were going to be running this place like a three six mafia song. What went wrong? How can it be?

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

I would agree there's a overwhelming anti-MS sentiment more than there is a strong pro-Sony sentiment, probably because there's nothing worth celebrating owning a PS4. I mean, at least two anti-MS threads today yanks straight off of NeoGAF, the site that has more devotion toward anti-MS pro-Sony fanboys than all of System Wars.

I remember we had that discussion of developers "brainwashed by NeoGAF". That they constantly regurgitate that the parity clause is stopping games from staggering on the Xbox One even though MS publicly on numerous occasions since 2013 that they'd reverse course and work with publishers. Publishers not choosing to make games for a system is one things, but i recall reading in an interview regarding Broforce not being made for Xbox One the developer said MS that they contact MS and MS wouldn't let them make Broforce for the Xbox One if they released on PS4 first, which got an immediate response form ID@Xbox calling them out saying that - no actually they never contact them, on the contrary they'd very much like Broforce to get an Xbox One port and would gladly allow them to stagger a release on there, but they never did call. Furthermore there were already a few titles already releasing and many more to this day that have staggered onto the Xbox One from PC and PS4. They got called out for it in their face and all we heard was crickets. People still choose to believe such shit, even developers who should no better than to listen to the misinformation peddling intelligentsia of NeoGAF. That's just one example but I think it certainly illustrates that the overwhelming bias of such a place people largely regard as the developers go to forums and discussion for industry members and the lopsided bias there does have real ramifications.

So now Neogaf has the power to influence where developers port their games? Break out the tin foil hats...

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

With the way tc whines about Xbox we may see him on a Jerry Springer type show entitled "I married my Xbox."

Pull yourself together man it's only a plastic box it doesn't have feelings.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 21303 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Exactly. And you can guarantee that if MS comes out strong next gen and Sony has a slip-up, it'll reverse back again. Actually it'd be interesting to see how many "PS fanboys" on here would jump ship if the opposite happened next gen... I should jot down who's who from this gen, lol.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

All this butthurt because Halo didn't win GOTY on any site lol. This thread can be summed up with this picture...

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

you want some cheese with that whine.

Avatar image for deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
deactivated-58abb194ab6fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By deactivated-58abb194ab6fb
Member since 2010 • 3984 Posts

Making this thread makes you no better than the Sony fanboys, should have just kept it in the draw where it belongs.