The Best Game Of This Gen.

• 170 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

lol! now you made yourself look even more silly

how long a game has been out has nothing to do with its average score, its based on the number of reviews and their score

SMG has its scored based on 73 reviews, MGS4 on 71 reviews... even if 2 more reviewers give MGS4 perfect 10's, it still wont even come close

which begs the question: do you even know how gamerankings.com works?

Dark-Pain

Yes I know how it works. If you think SMG is better than MGS4, then I feel sorry for you.

obviously you dont know how it works. since SMG is rated higher than MGS4, obviously im not the only one that thinks that SMG is better (even though there is no such thing as 'better', its all opinion anyway, but at least i dont try mock people that have their own opinion like you try to...) if anything, we should all feel sorry for YOU

MGs4 user score is 9.5 on GS and Super Mari Galaxy is 9.3. That counts so much more.

You forget,the gaming populace isn't smart enough to actually say which game is better.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#152 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts

Super Mario Galaxy for me.

GTAIV was good too -- not a fan of the games though. Same goes for MGS4. Good game, not a fan.

Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 Dark-Pain
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

how long a game has been out has nothing to do with its average score, its based on the number of reviews and their score

SMG has its scored based on 73 reviews, MGS4 on 71 reviews... even if 2 more reviewers give MGS4 perfect 10's, it still wont even come close

789shadow

Yes I know how it works. If you think SMG is better than MGS4, then I feel sorry for you.

obviously you dont know how it works. since SMG is rated higher than MGS4, obviously im not the only one that thinks that SMG is better (even though there is no such thing as 'better', its all opinion anyway, but at least i dont try mock people that have their own opinion like you try to...) if anything, we should all feel sorry for YOU

MGs4 user score is 9.5 on GS and Super Mari Galaxy is 9.3. That counts so much more.

You forget,the gaming populace isn't smart enough to actually say which game is better.

Like you. You can't even spell population right.:lol: j/k Look at Halo 3 8.9 and GTA iv 9.2. The gaming population is not that dumb.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 ogvampire
Member since 2008 • 9123 Posts

Dark-Pain

no it doesnt. when's the last time people were hyping 'user scores'? whatever helps your argument, dude :roll:

Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 Dark-Pain
[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]

ogvampire

no it doesnt. when's the last time people were hyping 'user scores'? whatever helps your argument, dude :roll:

10,000 people or a broken website like gamerankings. Their site had two of the same games on the top list just becasue they are on two diffrent platforms. User Scores count. If they don't then why should Gamerankings.

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]

Dark-Pain

10,000 people or a broken website like gamerankings. Their site had two of the same games on the top list just becasue they are on two diffrent platforms. User Scores count. If they don't then why should Gamerankings.

lol! i just noticed you are a level 1... if you are new, then you should realize that when comparing games, we use ratings from reviewers, not random user scores...

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

lol! i just noticed you are a level 1... who are you to say what we use here?

if you would have been here longer, you would know that we NEVER use 'user scores'.

ogvampire

we also never used Gamerankings, either...

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"]

lol! i just noticed you are a level 1... who are you to say what we use here?

if you would have been here longer, you would know that we NEVER use 'user scores'.

Hewkii

we also never used Gamerankings, either...

'never'? are you sure about that?

we use GS scores for official comparisons on this site, but quite alot of people here use gamerankings and/or metacritic as well.

you make it sound like im the first one to bring up GR here...

Bentham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Bentham
Member since 2008 • 1154 Posts
I loved Metal Gear Solid 4. It truly exemplified the next generation of gaming. I also, surprisingly, enjoyed Resident Evil 4 for the Wii. The controls just felt so natural and fluid--something every next generation game should have.
Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Dark-Pain
[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]

ogvampire

lol! i just noticed you are a level 1... if you are new, then you should realize that when comparing games, we use ratings from reviewers, not random user scores...

Reviewers MGS4 got a 10. Gamerankings does not count it is random reviews who were drunk.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#161 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts
Super Mario Galaxy is my favourite game this gen also great level design, amazing soundtrack and awesome gameplay.
facebooker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 facebooker
Member since 2008 • 514 Posts
[QUOTE="facebooker"]

[QUOTE="knight-k"]Come on please, you have to be the biggest lem if you can't admit MGS4>halo BY FAR. I mean it's just a fact.knight-k

only a sony fanboy would say that, as gamerankings already proved you wrong...

MGS4=10

So sorry jealous lem we only use gamespot scores. (And yes I know stupid rule)

you just proved that you'll a fanboy. true gamers go by the mass critic, not just one site...

ogvampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 ogvampire
[QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"]

Dark-Pain

Reviewers MGS4 got a 10. Gamerankings does not count it is random reviews who were drunk.

gamerankings includes Gamespot scores

so according to you that mgs4 GS reviewer was drunk too :?

deuce85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 deuce85
Member since 2007 • 527 Posts

I'd be lying if I didn't say MGS4.

Gameplay, story, graphics, music......Loved every minute of it.

pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
[QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

789shadow

Okay, sorry, but this was an incredibly dumb comment imo. Do you know how many rabid fanboys gave it 10/10 because it had "Metal Gear Solid" in its name? There is absolutely no game this gen that is worth a 10.

Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Dark-Pain
[QUOTE="789shadow"][QUOTE="Dark-Pain"][QUOTE="ogvampire"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="ogvampire"]

pyromaniac223

Okay, sorry, but this was an incredibly dumb comment imo. Do you know how many rabid fanboys gave it 10/10 because it had "Metal Gear Solid" in its name? There is absolutely no game this gen that is worth a 10.

ok ok. Stop comparing MGS4 = stealth SMG= Platformer. Shessh I am the god of these foums and people still go against me.

Headshot27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Headshot27
Member since 2008 • 41 Posts
I honestly didn't like SMG even though it's a great game it just wasnt for me. My favorite game is bioshock then MGs 4.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
[QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="KingTuttle"]

Hey man everyone is entitled to their opinion right? I think Stealth games are terribly boring (MGS and SC) and unworthy of their scores...to each their own.

Bubblehash

I am still laughing at them. I never said they weren't entitled to their opinion. Doesn't mean I can't laugh at them. So you don't like stealth games...whats your point. I didn't say anything about a stealth game. I said I am laughing at those saying Halo 3.

You said MGS4 was the best this gen. I disagree. How did you miss that?

Not in the post you quoted me on I didn't.

Ok man. Really do your 2 posts exist in seperate dimensions or something? I guess I should have quoted both to make it exceptionally obvious for you.

Bottom line you laugh at others opinions whilst others laugh at yours. Everyone has an opinion. Your opinion in my eyes is flawed. /end

You clearly have no clue just how many threads I post in. I don't remember what thread I posted what in. Do you really think this is the only thread I have mentioned MGS4 in? I don't really care to go back and read every post I made in every thread so that I know what the person that quoted me is talking about. You should have quoted my post where I actually mentioned it. I will not go back and read all my post in every thread I am quoted in. It's just not going to happen.

Ok. How much short term memory loss do you have?? You posted that in this topic....wow.

[QUOTE="kaangonultas"]mgs4>the restBubblehash

Can't argue with that. Well you can if you like looking silly.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
[QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="KingTuttle"][QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="KingTuttle"]

You said MGS4 was the best this gen. I disagree. How did you miss that?

KingTuttle

Not in the post you quoted me on I didn't.

Ok man. Really do your 2 posts exist in seperate dimensions or something? I guess I should have quoted both to make it exceptionally obvious for you.

Bottom line you laugh at others opinions whilst others laugh at yours. Everyone has an opinion. Your opinion in my eyes is flawed. /end

You clearly have no clue just how many threads I post in. I don't remember what thread I posted what in. Do you really think this is the only thread I have mentioned MGS4 in? I don't really care to go back and read every post I made in every thread so that I know what the person that quoted me is talking about. You should have quoted my post where I actually mentioned it. I will not go back and read all my post in every thread I am quoted in. It's just not going to happen.

Ok. How much short term memory loss do you have?? You posted that in this topic....wow.

[QUOTE="kaangonultas"]mgs4>the restBubblehash

Can't argue with that. Well you can if you like looking silly.

Well when my head isn't clear (won't say why out of fear of suspension) like mine right now, very short. Again I don't care that I posted it in here. I don't go back a reread my post in every thread I posted in. I don't remember what was posted in what thread, so deal with it or stop quoting me.