the best feature no one is talking about

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.

PS4 will let you play with friends, even if they don't own your game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995707/ps4-share-play-invite-frends-system-update-200

For gamers by gamers. This is why Sony > M$ and PS4 > Xbone. Meanwhile delusional lems keep supporting a console that lives on bribing 3rd devs because it has nothing compelling of its own.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Apparently, it's only for 60 minutes, but it's still a cool feature. You don't even need PS+ if you get invited to a multiplayer game. Obviously, that's not the case the other way around.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

If I had a PS4 that means I could play COD without buying it.

EDIT: It does look like it's on a time limit.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Gue1 said:

remember that shitty family share M$ brought up in desperation to justify the DRM and that they couldn't even fully explain? Well, Sony's gonna do something that will not only be better but it's more logical and will add value to PS+ subscribers while not fucking us nor the devs over with DRM or lost sales. It's called Share Play.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/12/5995707/ps4-share-play-invite-frends-system-update-200

For gamers by gamers. This is why Sony > M$ and PS4 > Xbone. Meanwhile delusional lems keep supporting a console that lives on bribing 3rd devs because it has nothing compelling of its own.

But, but Family sharing is better because it's on the X1!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Thats pretty sweet.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

It's def a good idea. That way more people can try out certain games and if they likey they can buy it.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

A great feature that nobody's talking about when comparing the PS4 and Xbox One is the ability to plug in any 3.5mm headphones/headset into the PS4 controller. You can use your ear buds, beats by dre, a cell-phone headset, etc. Whatever 3.5mm headset you have, you can use. This is great because it gives people so many more options rather than having to go out and get gaming headsets.

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio. I hate hearing someone else's game audio when I'm trying to focus on what's going on in my screen... it's disorienting. And if you're playing online split screen, it sucks because only one person can have a headset to talk. And if that person is wearing a headset trying to talk to people online, the person sitting right next to them is left out. But if both people have their headsets with their own mics but can also monitor each other's voices through their own headsets as well, it would be so much more fun of an experience.

But compare it to the Xbone where Microsoft completely force their customers into buying special headsets that support their garbage new proprietary microphone port(it isn't even a full headset port with game audio like on PS4) and it honestly the Xbone look like a joke in comparison. Sony came out with a cool new feature that makes it more convenient for customers with a lot of potential for making split screen play more enjoyable, while on the other hand Microsoft took the greedy route and didn't do anything new or beneficial to customers, but instead simply made people's old Xbox 360 headsets not work on the Xbone. They forced headset companies to pay Microsoft to be able to use their patented stupid mic port, and forced customers to only use headsets that support this pointless port.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

When MS plan to do it, MS are so evil. When Sony plan to do it, Sony are so nice and for gamers. Lol. Also let's not get ahead of ourselves now. People were so excited about PS Now when it was announced and its turning out to be shit. Now people are hyping this Play Share and not really knowing all the details and hidden-read-the-fine-print info.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Best feature no one talks about is gamesharing.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

will i be able to stream rise of tomb raider from my x1 to my friends ps4? i want to show him how awesome the game is and how much of a bad decision he made

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60695 Posts

Falls in line with the by gamers for gamers mantra.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Edge_Plus
Member since 2013 • 135 Posts

Time limit. LOL Crap Thread.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#15 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I've been enjoying Family Sharing on Steam a lot. I feel pity for whichever platform that fails to embrace this awesome feature.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

@Messiahbolical- said:

A great feature that nobody's talking about when comparing the PS4 and Xbox One is the ability to plug in any 3.5mm headphones/headset into the PS4 controller. You can use your ear buds, beats by dre, a cell-phone headset, etc. Whatever 3.5mm headset you have, you can use. This is great because it gives people so many more options rather than having to go out and get gaming headsets.

What's really cool is that his opens up a HUGE possibility for split screen gaming. Imagine you're playing split screen with a friend and both of you guys each have your own headsets and only hear your own game audio, and you each have your own mics. I don't know about you, but one of the worst aspects of split screen gaming for me is the audio. I hate hearing someone else's game audio when I'm trying to focus on what's going on in my screen... it's disorienting. And if you're playing online split screen, it sucks because only one person can have a headset to talk. And if that person is wearing a headset trying to talk to people online, the person sitting right next to them is left out. But if both people have their headsets with their own mics but can also monitor each other's voices through their own headsets as well, it would be so much more fun of an experience.

But compare it to the Xbone where Microsoft completely force their customers into buying special headsets that support their garbage new proprietary microphone port(it isn't even a full headset port with game audio like on PS4) and it honestly the Xbone look like a joke in comparison. Sony came out with a cool new feature that makes it more convenient for customers with a lot of potential for making split screen play more enjoyable, while on the other hand Microsoft took the greedy route and didn't do anything new or beneficial to customers, but instead simply made people's old Xbox 360 headsets not work on the Xbone. They forced headset companies to pay Microsoft to be able to use their patented stupid mic port, and forced customers to only use headsets that support this pointless port.

That is indeed a great feature and it pissed me off how the 360 and PS3 had to go through this overly complicated methods just to get audio through headphones..

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gago-gago

Both Xbox One and PS4 can already let your friend play your games even if they don't own it, it's called gamesharing. But when Sony renames it, advertise it and plan to do other things with it, their fans gets on their knees and worship Sony lol. Also I have to research more about this, so a friend could take over your game from any where like they're on the couch with you? I don't like the sound of that. What if your friend gets hacked and that hacker takes control of your games when you don't want it to be, it's gonna be a mess. #GreatmessAwaits

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@Gue1 said:

Microsoft is working on bring the Family Share plan back on the XB1. There are features on the XB1 that PS4 doesn't have. QR Redeem Code, Snap technology where you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD, the PS4 can't. In the next update you'll be able to stream videos and music from your IOS & Android through the XB1. Yes, for gamers, by gamers. This is why idiotic Cow are so delusional and don't know squat. Keep bending over for Sony and taking it where the Sun don't shine.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@edge_plus said:

Time limit. LOL Crap Thread.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

LOL lems weren't expecting similar limitations for their own shitty sharing programme.

@blackace said:

you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD,

Oh shit guys, next gen is here.

What the **** does video and music have to do with games?

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Edge_Plus

@GrenadeLauncher said:

LOL lems weren't expecting similar limitations for their own shitty sharing programme.

@blackace said:

you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD,

It's called multitasking and using MUSIC and VIDEOS while playing the game...WHICH the Xbox ONE is capable of doing.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

Apparently, it's only for 60 minutes, but it's still a cool feature. You don't even need PS+ if you get invited to a multiplayer game. Obviously, that's not the case the other way around.

2hours.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

will i be able to stream rise of tomb raider from my x1 to my friends ps4? i want to show him how awesome the game is and how much of a bad decision he made

Timed exclusive.

@gago-gago said:

Both Xbox One and PS4 can already let your friend play your games even if they don't own it, it's called gamesharing. But when Sony renames it, advertise it and plan to do other things with it, their fans gets on their knees and worship Sony lol. Also I have to research more about this, so a friend could take over your game from any where like they're on the couch with you? I don't like the sound of that. What if your friend gets hacked and that hacker takes control of your games when you don't want it to be, it's gonna be a mess. #GreatmessAwaits

:S no you can't, not on any console can you allow one of your friends to play while there sat on there own PS4 while your on yours. it is not a rename. and no one will be bothered to hack your friend just to mess up your game :S

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GrenadeLauncher

@edge_plus said:

It's called multitasking and using MUSIC and VIDEOS while playing the game...WHICH the Xbox ONE is capable of doing.

My laptop does multitasking. I bought a games console to play games.

@farrell2k said:

What is this shit? First I have to pay money to play with friends online, then I have to install games to the hard drive, now I can only share my game for 60 minutes? Man, you Sony and Microsoft console owners are becoming hermits and you don't even see it!

You're not sharing the game. You're playing co-op.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
@bezza2011 said:

2hours.

Shu said 60 minutes.

Unless I'm missing something.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By gago-gago

@bezza2011 said:
@freedomfreak said:

2hours.

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Timed exclusive.

@gago-gago said:

:S no you can't, not on any console can you allow one of your friends to play while there sat on there own PS4 while your on yours. it is not a rename. and no one will be bothered to hack your friend just to mess up your game :S

You can share your games and play while you're on console and your friend is on theirs and play the game at the same time. And you don't even have to be logged in. I game share with my brother on the Xbox One all the time. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/xbox-live/xbox-live-gold-sharing-features And you could game share on the PS4 like you did on the PS3: http://www.ign.com/wikis/playstation-4/How_to_Game-Share_with_Family_and_Friends This Play Share is a downgrade from that since I'm reading that your friend has a time limit and can only play co-op games or certain games?. I really hope Play Share doesn't affect gamesharing on the PS4.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

Yep lemming have been avoiding this like a plague,but but but xbox live is superior,you can even control a friends games or join him without owning that game,far cry 4 support this from what i saw lol sony again making xbox live look like crap.

@gago-gago said:

When MS plan to do it, MS are so evil. When Sony plan to do it, Sony are so nice and for gamers. Lol. Also let's not get ahead of ourselves now. People were so excited about PS Now when it was announced and its turning out to be shit. Now people are hyping this Play Share and not really knowing all the details and hidden-read-the-fine-print info.

This thing and what MS anounce is not the same,second sony anounce this feature before MS even hint anything about xbox family plan,which was nothing but a trick to calm down the masses over DRM,only 1 family member could play at a time,unlike PSN sharing which allowd up to 5 people on PS3..

@gago-gago said:

Dude playshare is not game sharing you sad lemming,Game sharing has been on PS since the PS3,is not on xbox one by the way,Shareplay is about allowing you to play your friends actual game,so your friend is playing and he can pass a stage your friend can take control of your game from his house and pass it for you,basically he will be remotely playing the game for you,he doesn't need to own the game,or you can join him for co-op as well without owning the game,that is not on xbox one in any way.

@blackace said:

Microsoft is working on bring the Family Share plan back on the XB1. There are features on the XB1 that PS4 doesn't have. QR Redeem Code, Snap technology where you can play a game and use Skype at the same time. The XB1 can actually play a music CD, the PS4 can't. In the next update you'll be able to stream videos and music from your IOS & Android through the XB1. Yes, for gamers, by gamers. This is why idiotic Cow are so delusional and don't know squat. Keep bending over for Sony and taking it where the Sun don't shine.

Yeah just like every xbox one will be a dev kit..lol

Yeah skype actually make out for the lack of playshare on xbox one,because is the same right.? Sharing games with your friends is the same a using snap to chat with some one..lol

CD playing is coming and who use that sh** any more.?

Now how CD playing compete with shareplay can you control a friend games from your house with CD playing.? How about streaming movies or music from android,can that allow me to control a friends games.? So you are countering a feature that is game based to share a game,with CD playing,skype,and movie streaming.? Boy xbox fans are crazy no wonder MS wanted to TV TV TV you all to hell and beyond..

Nothing you say counter his point fake manticore.

@edge_plus said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Non are game related so yeah tv tv tv music skype..lol

istreakforfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#28 istreakforfood
Member since 2004 • 7781 Posts

I only came in to read Tormentos comments.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gago-gago

Let me clarify what I was trying to say, both Xbox One and PS4 have game sharing features. So what that means, your friend can play games he doesn't own but you do, and vice versa. Both of you could play co-op, single player games, any digital games you shared. And no the PS3 changed the limit from 5 different consoles to 2 I believe, same number for current consoles. Now with Play Share, the only difference from game sharing is that your friend could control your game. Wow, that's it lol. And now your friends have time limits and I'm guessing it will only be certain games like games with co-op. Also when they say your friend can control your game, does that mean they take over your PSN ID and unlock Trophies for you? Man I see the mess in that and could be easily exploited. #GreatmessAwaits

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Is the time limit 60 min a day or 60 min total?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#31 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@tormentos: What the actual **** are you ever saying

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32  Edited By Zelda187
Member since 2005 • 1047 Posts

@edge_plus said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@blackace said:

Multitasking?

Who the **** cares about watching videos while they're in the middle of playing a game? And who the **** buys CD's anymore? That's like me being pissed off that neither system incorporates the ability to play VHS tapes. And the gimmicky voice command crap? Everyone has had this feature on their cell phone for the last 10 years yet damn near no one ever utilizes it.

This is the kind of gimmicky, useless shit that Microsoft decided to put the majority of their resources towards with the XBone instead of making it a more powerful game console based around...you know...playing video games.

Damn near everyone in America, Europe, and Japan already have a PC, Cable box, Blu-Ray player etc in the house...so why the hell do I need my gaming console to mimic shit that I already have sitting in my living room/bedroom?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Meh, a feature I would never use. Dont care.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gago-gago

Do you have a smart phone? Why would anyone buy a smart phone just to make calls and text. Having these features on a gaming system are a plus. The Xbox One has more features and do these features better.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrenadeLauncher
@mems_1224 said:

The fox can't get the grapes.

@gago-gago said:

Do you have a smart phone? Why would anyone buy a smart phone just to make calls and text. Having these features on a gaming system are a plus. The Xbox One has more features and do these features better.

Xbone has Play-Share? That's weird.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By gago-gago

@GrenadeLauncher said:
@mems_1224 said:

The fox can't get the grapes.

@gago-gago said:

Xbone has Play-Share? That's weird.

No I was replying to the multitasking discussion but I didn't want to make a quote chain. And I hope the Xbox One will never get Play Share because it's the dumbest shit ever. You could only let your friend take control over your game and you have time limits and restricted to co-op or certain games. No thanks, I'll stick to game sharing.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blackace
@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

Yeah skype actually make out for the lack of playshare on xbox one,because is the same right.? Sharing games with your friends is the same a using snap to chat with some one..lol

Now how CD playing compete with shareplay can you control a friend games from your house with CD playing.? How about streaming movies or music from android,can that allow me to control a friends games.? So you are countering a feature that is game based to share a game,with CD playing,skype,and movie streaming.? Boy xbox fans are crazy no wonder MS wanted to TV TV TV you all to hell and beyond..

PS4 still can't play a music CD, which is sad. It doesn't support IOS & Androiod devices, which is even sadder. Can't watch TV from the PS4 to an IOS/Android device. The XB1 does all of this AND PLAYS GAMES. Family Sharing is still coming to XB1. With Family Sharing the control won't be for just 60 mins. lol!! With Skype you and your friend could be playing Fable Legends together at the same time and talking to each other in Video Chat. Let me know when the PS4 can do that. Everything I say counters it because everything I say can't be done on the PS4 and all you can do is DAMAGE CONTROL you poor, ignorant, sad trolling Cow. LOL!! You see the glass 1/2 full. I see the glass full and running over.

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zelda187

@gago-gago said:

How is this comparable?

A smart phone fits in your pocket and can be taken anywhere on the go.

An XBone is a stationary console that sits in your living room/bedroom...right next to your PC, cable box, blu ray player, stereo system, etc.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By gago-gago

@Zelda187 said:

@gago-gago said:

How is this comparable?

An XBone is a stationary console that sits in your living room/bedroom...right next to your PC, cable box, blu ray player, stereo system, etc.

My Xbox One is my blu-ray player, it is my stereo if I ever need it, I don't use it as a cable box even though I can, and I rather be on my laptop or mobile device especially with Smart Glass features. It's 2014, every electronic like TV's and even cable boxes have all sort of apps like play games. Why can't a gaming system have these features too. I welcome any console to do more, and these features are always a plus but at the end of the day, it's my gaming console and I play games on it more than using this features. It's good to know I have an all in one gaming system.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Yea, that's still a really sweet feature.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

Do two seperate people log in to your account? Is this lem ghostwarrior today?

haha im just adding fuel to cows fire. i take all trolling opportunities very seriously

Zelda187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zelda187

@gago-gago said:

@Zelda187 said:

@gago-gago said:

How is this comparable?

My Xbox One is my blu-ray player, it is my stereo if I ever need it, I don't use it as a cable box even though I can, and I rather be on my laptop or mobile device especially with Smart Glass features. It's 2014, every electronic like TV's and even cable boxes have all sort of apps like play games. Why can't a gaming system have these features too. I welcome any console to do more, and these features are always a plus but at the end of the day, it's my gaming console and I play games on it more than using this features. It's good to know I have an all in one gaming system.

So you're saying that you need like 4 or 5 devices in your living room/bedroom that all do the same goddamn thing?

I say toss those features out the fucking window if it means making a watered down gaming console that is barely an improvement over the 360.

I'm primarily a PC gamer, but I went into last years E3 with an open mind towards the consoles. I was open to the XBone and I was open to the PS4. But after that fucking debacle that Microsoft put forth, I was most certainly swayed to go with the PS4.

Skype with someone while playing a game? Who does this? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who uses this shit...

Voice commands? Who uses these? Seriously. A quick show of hands from somebody who is still routinely using this shit to power on/off their XBone instead of just pushing the button in the middle of the controller...

The XBone is chock full of a bunch of useless, gimmicky shit that is already available on a wide array of electronics that you already have laying around the house.

Instead of creating a quality game console that is focused on videogames first and foremost...they decided to produce some half ass "multi media" tool.

And they're paying the price because of it.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Its a cool feature, but completely different from what MS had planned. the 60 minute limit basically means you can play a demo if you have a friend that has it. and its a streaming demo. I can lend my entire steam library to a friend for unlimited time. MS was following steam in that regards to a way. Sony is doing something completely different. and the time limit is too short.

Edge_Plus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Edge_Plus

PS4 Fanboys mad that there little system doesn't have as much features as the almighty Xbox One so they complain and whine. But are quick to jump on the bandwagon when PS4 comes out with new features. Hypocrites.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blackace

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:
@tormentos said:
@blackace said:

PS4 still can't play a music CD, which is sad. It doesn't support IOS & Androiod devices, which is even sadder. Can't watch TV from the PS4 to an IOS/Android device. The XB1 does all of this AND PLAYS GAMES. Family Sharing is still coming to XB1. With Family Sharing the control won't be for just 60 mins. lol!! With Skype you and your friend could be playing Fable Legends together at the same time and talking to each other in Video Chat. Let me know when the PS4 can do that. Everything I say counters it because everything I say can't be done on the PS4 and all you can do is DAMAGE CONTROL you poor, ignorant, sad trolling Cow. LOL!! You see the glass 1/2 full. I see the glass full and running over.

Stop saying you're a manticore. I don't like liars.

I play everything. Do you? Just because Io bash idiotic Cow, doesn't make me a lem. Cows think everyone are lems. Hermits, Sheep and Manticores are ALL LEMS to cows. That how stupid they really are.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i was excited about this feature until i read "60 minute time limit"..Lame.