The best controller for racing games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ONLYDOD (6026 posts) -
Excluding racing wheels, which controller do you think is the best for racing games?
#2 Posted by thejakel11225 (2217 posts) -
Why do you ask?
#3 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -
360 controller, I don't know I just prefer its sticks and the triggers.
#4 Posted by ONLYDOD (6026 posts) -

Why do you ask?thejakel11225

Im curious...

#5 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -

I really dont understand. I mean racing wheels (

) are by far best choice for racing game

anything else is lame

For racing sims i would say keyboard with A = accelerate Z (or Y depends on keyboard layout,anyway the one bellow A) = beckwards , = left . = right

or some gamepad ( lol all gamepads are mostly same? every one have up down left right with up down left right on right side just different marks)

#6 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

Excluding racing wheels, which controller do you think is the best for racing games?ONLYDOD

That GT4 One, best I've ever used, ever.

The GT3 one was good as well, both by Logitech (Logicool).

I have the official $100 360 one, it's good as well.

#7 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -

I have the official $100 360 one, it's good as well. SolidTy

I never understud why people spend 100$ on controlers,ok expencive mouse = ok because some people need high precision not just for gaming,but spending 100$ on controler is something i dont understand really well,because GREAT 8800 GT graphic card cost 160 $ lol and controler is mostly allways same,some just feel a little bether in hand and thats it (if we exclude really cheap ones that are easy to break)

#8 Posted by angryfodder (20490 posts) -

Gotta be the 360 controller. Stick for steering. Triggers for brakes and accelerators give you alot more control. You can now balance the power, brakes, steering. Its not all or nothing, so you can contol things like locking the brakes, or how much power you put down.

In the past you had to do this tapping the buttons/D-pad on and off.

#9 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"] I have the official $100 360 one, it's good as well. Lidve

I never understud why people spend 100$ on controlers,ok expencive mouse = ok because some people need high precision not just for gaming,but spending 100$ on controler is something i dont understand really well,because GREAT 8800 GT graphic card cost 160 $ lol and controler is mostly allways same,some just feel a little bether in hand and thats it (if we exclude really cheap ones that are easy to break)

To simulate the Arcade experience, and hopefully the life experience.

#10 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -

To simulate the Arcade experience, and hopefully the life experience. SolidTy

And you cant simulate it with 30$ gamepad ?

#11 Posted by SolidTy (49991 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]To simulate the Arcade experience, and hopefully the life experience. Lidve

And you cant simulate it with 30$ gamepad ?

No way.

Get in your car with a $30 Gamepad, and look at your steering wheel. Which do you want to drive with?

It's just away to allow for more immersion, IF MONEY isn't an object.

I've played with gamepads, and they do the trick, nicely, but if money isn't an issue, then why not?

#12 Posted by Lidve (2415 posts) -
No way.

Get in your car with a $30 Gamepad, and look at your steering wheel. Which do you want to drive with?

It's just away to allow for more immersion, IF MONEY isn't an object.

I've played with gamepads, and they do the trick, nicely, but if money isn't an issue, then why not?

SolidTy

Steering Wheel > gamepad yes,but i thought you are tlaking about 100$ gamepad?

If you are talking about 100$ WHEEL than i agree, but TC said "no wheels"

Sry for misunderstanding

#13 Posted by ps3wizard45 (12905 posts) -

i like the ds3

triggers feel more like foot petals

and i like driving with the sixaxsis

#14 Posted by hongkingkong (9368 posts) -
DualShock 2/3. Although there haven't been many good racing games on PS3, not the quality of Forza 2 anyway.
#15 Posted by elcoholic (1197 posts) -
DS3 by a mile for me. I don't use triggers to race so I'm stuck with the face buttons and the 360's aren't analog. Its 1 level of throttle while the ps3 controller has analog face buttons letting me play with the level of throttle/braking.
#16 Posted by ZimpanX (12636 posts) -
Although there haven't been many good racing games on PS3, not the quality of Forza 2 anyway.hongkingkong

Yeah, unfortunately not. :/

Let's hope that GT5 delivers.
#17 Posted by mr_mozilla (2381 posts) -
360 pad is pretty good imo if there's no wheel at hand. Triggers for acc/brake and right analogue for gear shifts.