The behind doors demo of Cyberpunk 2077 impressions: fantastic sounding story-telling and narrative by CDPR but..

• 66 results
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Gameplay hasn't really been CDPR's forté. That being said, it doesn't mean they should get a pass.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

Gameplay hasn't really been CDPR's forté. That being said, it doesn't mean they should get a pass.

IMHO, neither should Death Stranding

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

It definitely shouldn't. MGSV focussed on gameplay over story, and though it was limited, it was fairly solid. From what i've seen of DS, hitting people with a suitcase may get old...

Raining51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Raining51
Member since 2016 • 1162 Posts

I wish there was more info in this game than there is it has me feeling a bit vague.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#56  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@xantufrog said:

@sakaixx: did you know, before this and the VTM sequel caused a ruckus, it never occurred to me there were people who felt the way you do? Turns out there are many. My whole life, I've assumed we all agreed 1st person was more immersive (good for stealth and gunplay). I'm fine learning otherwise, but it genuinely caught me off guard.

For me, 3rd person is best for platforming and games with party management/tactical positioning (e.g. cRPGs, XCom) (and of course strategy and builder games :-p), but for single character stealth, shooting, and exploration 1st person is "of course" the better design choice. In GTAV, I goofed around in 3rd person but all gun combat in 1st. Made a hell of a difference for my enjoyment

Turns out it's not "of course" for everyone.

I had the same mental journey. Actually I am still convinced that most people who say they prefer 3rd person view will be convinced that 1st person view is better when they play CP 2077. Sense of scale for instance is much greater when playing first person. Personally, I don't want my character taking up 10+% of my screen estate in CP 2077. I want to take the world in as much as possible and feel like I am there. I'll see my character aplenty in menu's or cutscenes.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By BoxRekt
Member since 2019 • 2425 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

It definitely shouldn't. MGSV focussed on gameplay over story, and though it was limited, it was fairly solid. From what i've seen of DS, hitting people with a suitcase may get old...

And yet, isn't it odd that the game releases early next year and they only showed us a sizzle reel of 2 second cuts of gameplay instead of a more flushed out portion of current gameplay?

Last year they did release a detailed section of the behind doors gameplay, but that was only shooting and a section of driving, but to be honest, even the shooting looked extremely stiff, generic and unresponsive with virtually no recoil on any of the weapons. Killzone 2 from 2009 or even Halo CE have more convincing shooting mechanics than Cyberpunk 2077 displayed.

Last years gameplay demo:

Loading Video...

Only gunplay is shown, but it's right here looking clunky, stiff and unrealistic as could possibly be. No one complained.

With all the criticism that people are giving Death Stranding for their impression it's gameplay, there were still more sections of different kinds of gameplay than there was for Cyberpunk 2077 this E3.

I hated MGSV, but as you accurately state, it was focused on GAMEPLAY over story, but because it was a Kojima game, I had certain expectations for the narrative that didn't pan out. Ironically, this also shows that kojima can produce top notch gameplay. CDPR? Not so sure.

Could Death Stranding gameplay be shit? Sure it could.

But as it stands now people are only saying it looks shit because it looks more clunky than MGS but Death Stranding is a more narrative driven game just like CP2077 (Which I am here trying to give a soft pass because IT'S NARRATIVE sounds good) but the same people who are criticizing Death Stranding for sub-par looking gameplay are saying they'll give Cyberpunk2077 a pass because of it's narrative. lol the irony.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I found TW3's combat to be alright. Not too good, not too bad either, just serviceable enough to not detract from the other aspects of the games. I enjoyed that game and I'm sure I will enjoy (if not love) Cyberpunk as well. Its appeal to me is the massive, vibrant, sci-fi world filled with rich detail and story choices. If they can also improve the combat system then we'll have one of the best games ever made.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#59 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:

It won't. Especially since gameplay has been Kojima's forté. It would be a big disappointment if Death Stranding didn't come close to MGSV's quality of gameplay.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

The combat looked dodgy in the gameplay demo released awhile back. I hope they fix it, because all the choice in the world isn't going to make a difference if only certain play-styles are any fun.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BoxRekt
@PernicioEnigma said:

The combat looked dodgy in the gameplay demo released awhile back. I hope they fix it, because all the choice in the world isn't going to make a difference if only certain play-styles are any fun.

Shitty gameplay didn't stop millions of people from enjoying skyrim and fallout.

Western RPGs seem to get a pass on gameplay these days ,especially in first person, that may be what CDPR is banking on with CP2077.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

To all the idiots who are saying WRPGs has shitty combat, I can bet they have never played KCD.

BoxRekt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By BoxRekt
@pc_rocks said:

To all the idiots who are saying WRPGs has shitty combat, I can bet they have never played KCD.

Kingdom Come Deliverance?

Loading Video...

You mean this wonky shit?

Yeah, someone is an "idiot" for trying to make an argument about gameplay and instantly owns himself with their best example of great WRPG combat.

Appreciate you providing another example of EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Thanks for proving and even reinforcing my original point. Geez what a fail that was LMFAO

Vaeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Vaeh
Member since 2016 • 957 Posts

I knew that new E3 trailer will cause damage lol.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Well as a gamer with a huge FPS back ground on PC that reveal game play looked pretty clunky with a console like FOV... While I am hyped for the game from the whole exploration and story perspective the gun play looks like Fallout 4.

Gatygun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Gatygun
Member since 2010 • 2709 Posts

@boxrekt said:
@PernicioEnigma said:

Shitty gameplay didn't stop millions of people from enjoying skyrim and fallout.

Western RPGs seem to get a pass on gameplay these days ,especially in first person, that may be what CDPR is banking on with CP2077.

Had zero issue's with skyrim. gameplay was fine.

Had zero issue's with witcher 2 gameplay was fine

Got bored after a few hours into witcher 3, gameplay was awful.