Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@zerothehero said:

This 60% D- game was hyped through the roof by xbox guys.

Another D- going to gamepass day one 60% king of games GamePass6/10's junkpass

Better than this "50% F game" huh?

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/days-gone-review-farewell-oregon/1900-6417130/

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#202 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

This game needs some fine tuning for sure, but it could be something great with the right touch. Like maybe ditch the RPG mechanics or balance the co-op better, make difficulty balancing more about throwing more at player as they gain more abilities and better weapons rather than tweaking stats. I think this can definitely shape up to be something better should they keep at it with fixes, expand on content, create a better drop-in/out style multi-player.

Some of the stat based stuff doesn't seem well explained. As I level up it doesn't appear I get a stat bonus on my attributes except for ones I put skill points in, yet if I encounter higher level enemies I can get downed easy even if my health stats stay the same I just gain levels but then they won't be an issue, and maybe I put skill points in critical hit damage or weapon handling, but that shouldn't effect the damage I take and yet it appears to. Maybe it's calculated in armor, maybe, I dunno.

But glitches seems bad, there's quest waypoints send people to wrong locations, doors will open but won't get a hit x to enter prompt which I think is a delay in a pre-load and won't show up until it is pre-loaded so waiting longer seems to work half the time (when that isn't case a general reset solves that), weapon and player cosmetic skins keep disappearing when you go to apply them at the vendors that control those things.

I have had one moment when I went to the menu to view the map and back to game and the map indicators hovered over everything. A couple instances where I wanted to quit to menu and it wouldn't go, just had to quit the game from dash. Thankfully it saves a lot so auto-saves take care of that when I reset game. I had one friend say he got stuck in the menu and couldn't get out of it, not had that happen myself.

I have sometimes traveled through safe areas where you don't have the ability to pull weapon out because it's a safe zone commerce area but on a couple occasions I have traveled out or through such areas and it forgets to allow me to equip my weapons again. This happened twice, and once after using the transit system too.

There's also these tiers to the city to go to, but game has fast travel options (calling cab for money or taking metro) but fast travel is limited to that tier and right now I have to manually take main shift elevator to each tier which requires navigating there just so I can navigate again at the next tier. I also hate navigating the map from menu, I can click one button that takes me to map, but then if I use left analog it jumps menu tabs which should be stuck to LB and RB, that's annoying. Also because of the crouch mechanic is on B button, I sometimes like when playing some games accidentally hit the left analog to stand (which some games do) which uses my tactical ability, which I regret because those take a good bit of time to charge up, and then I don't have it ready to use when I need it.

And yet, even with all that, this game is still something I am enjoying and something that is very unique in its art design and how great the action looks and feels and is still fun. But it needs work, and it needs it before the game gets an irredeemable reputation. But it could be a great jumping off point to something even better, like with expansion DLC, sequels, so I hope they can get this stuff fixed soon.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:

Days Gone has much better reviews than The Ascent on Steam and those are all verified owners. Cry more over yet another mediocre turd on Welfare Pass.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:

Days Gone has much better reviews than The Ascent on Steam and those are all verified owners. Cry more over yet another mediocre turd on Welfare Pass.

I was showing him how stupid his ignorant views are and now I'm telling you too: Don't connect your values to review scores. I agree that Days Gone is much better than that ridiculous number, and so is The Ascent.

I don't see games in terms of the hardware they're on, just if I like them or not. What platform they're on doesn't matter to real gamers.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 NathanDrakeSwag

@shadyacshuns said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:

I was showing him how stupid his ignorant views are and now I'm telling you too: Don't connect your values to review scores. I agree that Days Gone is much better than that ridiculous number, and so is The Ascent.

I don't see games in terms of the hardware they're on, just if I like them or not. What platform they're on doesn't matter to real gamers.

Nah, The Ascent is getting mediocre scores from gamers and critics alike.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@zerothehero said:

And so did Days Gone. Hence my point.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 NathanDrakeSwag

@shadyacshuns said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@shadyacshuns said:

And so did Days Gone. Hence my point.

Except Days Gone is getting great reviews from verified players. Nice try, lem.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Except Days Gone is getting great reviews from verified players. Nice try, lem.

Sure hope this ignorance shtick is just an act, but whatever floats your boat.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

The Ascent is my favorite 6 out of 10 game since Mario Kart 64.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#210 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

The game is fantastic, but it does need a few patches here and there. The way point thing doesn’t always work well….perhaps it needs another month or two in development.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Beat the game solo. Very difficult. Bring a friend. 7/10

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

fair score for the game. it's worth playing on gamepass and worth 20 bucks but not worth the 40. impressive what a 12 man dev team did for the scope and it's fun and something different from the norm but definitely some design issues in the game and lots of glitches especially with co-op. single player works pretty good though. Reminds me of a cyberpunk version of this old gem of a game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YKd2cwWBPM

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts
@mesome713 said:

Meanwhile I have nothing to play on my PS5.

Yeah pretty much. funny how the narrative is the opposite online because fanboys. Right now i'm playing a mix of destiny 2, man eater, the ascent, sea of thieves, outriders, and spellbreak. Good variety and mostly co-op with friends (maneater is for when none of my friends are on) all of those games are free on gamepass or F2P too.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8046 Posts

It seems like Gamespot reviewers just wait until IGN reviews an Xbox-centric game and then simply subtract a point from there..

In all seriousness, I'll be giving this one a try after I finish this playthrough of A Plague's Tale: Innocence (outstanding game btw).. The reviews on The Ascent seem mixed so with Game Pass, I can form my own opinion with no extra cost.. Yet another benefit of this service..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#216 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69444 Posts

At the moment, I can just say the game looks great. I still haven't gotten around to playing it extensively.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

Played a few hours, some QOL patches could really polish the game up into something nice.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@getyeryayasout: Where are you in the game? What level? Also, I'll be on tonight if you wanna do some online co op. Just start your game in co op mode and set it to "join" and I'll help ya because it gets rough as hell playing alone towards the end.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#221  Edited By deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

The more I play this game the more I enjoy it. I'm now at the point of loving it. It surely demands dedication because the way as missions are structured and how level gating works is just plain crazy and makes absolutely no sense.

You can have level 2 missions gated behind a level 12 area, and insane design decisions like that, but once you understand how the game works it's a pretty straight forward experience, although never free of awkward decisions.

So far I'm level 20, killed every boss at my first try, still haven't found any difficulty wall and most my deaths are due to not being focused or overconfidence, but usually at a second try I'm over it. Might become much more difficult but right now it's fine.

You just need to identify if you're supposed to be where you are by yourself because the game is terrible at that. The rest is gaming 101, do side missions, level up and use the right equipment.

The world is incredible but it took me a while to get into the narrative because of the iffy delivery but I'm at a point now that I'm really deep into the story, world and lore and really enjoying it too.