The Amazing VGX Game Awards Thread!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tubbyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#651  Edited By tubbyc
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@tubbyc said:

@silversix_ said:

@tubbyc: TW2 looked atrocious on 360, nothing to brag about...

Reviewers said it looked great. For example, from the Gamespot review:-

"The superlative art is rendered by equally superlative technology that ensures you can admire the rips on a mercenary's trousers, a harpy's individual feathers, and the buckles and seams on Geralt's clothing."

"Phenomenal visuals with a grim tone."

It can depend on how picky you want to be with the technical details compared to what the PC could do with it.

My point is that TW3 will look really nice on all platforms, with the PC version having the edge.

The new engines being used with these new consoles will mean we'll see more impressive games on the PC, as well as the consoles, but scaled to suit each system.

Have you played it? I sure did and fully completed on pc with mods. GS and other sites try to stay neutral, you won't hear them say "it looks laughable compared to the pc's version". It looked really bad, Ultra Low bad.

I never did play that one because I played the first one on PC and didn't like it much. But I don't buy this idea that reviewers would say it looks really good, even though they think it looks crap. I understand where some people are coming from when comparing to PC versions of some games. The gap between PC and consoles widens as the generation goes on. A recent example is GTA5. Overall, I found it to be a very nice looking game with plenty of detail, even though the console's showing its age with the level of jaggies and jerky frame rate, especially when driving around.

By the way, here's a quote from the Xbox 360 review of TW2:-

"And yet there is no reason to suppose you are getting a halfhearted PC-to-console port here. The Witcher 2 is wonderful to look at, brimming with visual details that refuse to be lost in spite of the hardware's limitations."

I accidently went into the PC one at first and didn't edit my post in time before you quoted me.

Anyway, back to the point about scaling. That's why there's no problem putting the game on the PS4 or Xbox One. That was why I quoted you in the first place.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#652  Edited By deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Holy wow Batman...

Open in a new tab to not have GS ruin it

chernoalpha527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#653  Edited By chernoalpha527
Member since 2013 • 169 Posts

Well that was disappointing as usual, glad I didn't watch the whole thing I only watched the world premiers just now and they were just ok. Witcher 3, Titan Fall, Quantum, and Destiny all look really good but we barely saw anything. I was really hoping they would announce a new Mass Effect and Fallout 4.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Well, at the very least Dying Light look absolutely INCREDIBLE! Techland better not disappoint with that game! While I did love Dead Island, the game was EXTREMELY flawed so I have a lot of concern about Dying Light....

IF they don't screw things up that game could be AMAZING though!

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655  Edited By DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Waste of three hours that I will never get back!

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#656  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

You guys really think rockstar pay for that whole meaningless concert?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#657 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46226 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

Holy wow Batman...

Open in a new tab to not have GS ruin it

Next gen is here :O

Now I really need to get to finishing The Witcher 2

PS: Why oh why did gamespot have to ruin image quality like this :'(

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#658 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@crimsonman1245 said:

That might have been the biggest trainwreck i've ever seen. If Geoff had hosted it himself and they ditched all the stupid MTV stuff and just focused on the games and interviews it would have been good.

Like hell it would, given Geoff's reception.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

When the hell did the VGAs become significant anyway? I've been paying attention to all the main press events this year because of new consoles and had been aware for years of E3, TGS, GDC and Gamescom. Then all of a sudden these VGAs suddenly pop up, which I'd never heard of before, and people hyped it as important? What?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#660 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

For me, No Man's Sky was the game of the show! That freedom to explore every planet and star in real time, was everything i wanted Mass Effect to be.

Day one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#661 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58896 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

Well, that was a complete and total waste of time. I've watched ever single VGA's and this one is definitely my last one.

What, you just noticed recently it's shit?