The 5 most violent games to date..........?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

normal_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 normal_gamer
Member since 2009 • 680 Posts
What do you think are the 5 most violent games made to date? I think it goes on like this: 1- All Manhunt games (Incredibly gory and violent,creepy setting and twisted gameplay). 2- Postal 2 (Urinating on innocents' dead dismembered bodies,terrorizing civilians and lots of gratuitous gore and violence). 3- All Soldier of Fortune games (Very gory and visceral gameplay,lots of guts and blood,designed specifically to be as gory and bloody as possible). 4- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Can mow down cops and innocent civilians with a chainsaw if you want to,run over civilians with your car and much more). 5- Doom - Doom 2/3 (Tons of gore,blood and guts,very visceral,frightening gameplay and creepy setting). Notable Mentions: 1- Mortal Kombat - Mortal Kombat II (Were the main reason behind the creation of the ESRB,also very violent and gory). 2- Thrill Kill (Got canceled by EA due to it's explicit and violent content,that certainly says something). 3- Grand Theft Auto III (Still used to this day by video game haters as an example of how far violent video games can get). 4- BioShock (Insane doctors making art out of corpses and making bloody experiments on their patients,blood-covered corpses that has been brutally murdered and attached to walls,in addition to a very creepy and eerie setting). 5- All God of War games (Ripping foes to shreds,dismembering foes and innocent people alike,also,tons of blood and gore). What do you think of this list and also what's your own list? Thanks.
Avatar image for heysharpshooter
heysharpshooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 heysharpshooter
Member since 2009 • 6348 Posts

In no order

• MadWorld
  • God of War 2
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Ninja Gaiden 2
  • Dead Space
Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

I know these aren't the most violent, but I don't have a big knowledge of extreme sadism and guro visual novels.

Heaven Death Game, and Yandere.

I've seen CG that are far more violent with intestines and organs everywhere, but I don't know the games.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

If you are new here welcome to System Wars. Nice first topic.

Not a top 5 but here are some that stand out for me:

GTA

Mud and Blood 2 (I love hearing them scream and parts fly up with mortar shells, I believe the dev's said there was like 50 pieces in the animation)

GeoW

GoW

Doom the original - loved the chunks.

...and so many more.

get-ka12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 get-ka12
Member since 2009 • 1946 Posts
Codemned 2: Bloodshot is easily the most violent game thus far.
brandontwb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 brandontwb
Member since 2008 • 4325 Posts
Left 4 Dead 2 is one of them.. You can shoot holes though heads and the torso. With the chainsaw or sword you can slice the skin off their backs.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I know these aren't the most violent, but I don't have a big knowledge of extreme sadism and guro visual novels.

I've seen CG that are far more violent with intestines and organs everywhere, but I don't know the games.

Yandere

Elfen Lied?

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
What do you think are the 5 most violent games made to date? I think it goes on like this: 1- All Manhunt games (Incredibly gory and violent,creepy setting and twisted gameplay). 2- Postal 2 (Urinating on innocents' dead dismembered bodies,terrorizing civilians and lots of gratuitous gore and violence). 3- All Soldier of Fortune games (Very gory and visceral gameplay,lots of guts and blood,designed specifically to be as gory and bloody as possible). 4- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (Can mow down cops and innocent civilians with a chainsaw if you want to,run over civilians with your car and much more). 5- Doom - Doom 2/3 (Tons of gore,blood and guts,very visceral,frightening gameplay and creepy setting). Notable Mentions: 1- Mortal Kombat - Mortal Kombat II (Were the main reason behind the creation of the ESRB,also very violent and gory). 2- Thrill Kill (Got canceled by EA due to it's explicit and violent content,that certainly says something). 3- Grand Theft Auto III (Still used to this day by video game haters as an example of how far violent video games can get). 4- BioShock (Insane doctors making art out of corpses and making bloody experiments on their patients,blood-covered corpses that has been brutally murdered and attached to walls,in addition to a very creepy and eerie setting). 5- All God of War games (Ripping foes to shreds,dismembering foes and innocent people alike,also,tons of blood and gore). What do you think of this list and also what's your own list? Thanks.normal_gamer
no gears of war??
teh_shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 teh_shogun
Member since 2009 • 714 Posts

bioshock isn't gory though. a limb is never detached in the entire game. though it is pretty violent. most violent would probably have to go for any of the old turok games.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

RadecSupreme

Elfen Lied?

Nah, Elfen Lied is only a Manga/Anime and the most violent scene is when that girls limbs were chopped off. Some Visual Novels/Games go way beyond that, tearing out eyes, skull ****ing (more common then you'd think it would be), cannibalism, necrophilia, rape then murder, torture, worse things then I posted.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
Wheres Madworld?
AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Manhunt
Postal
Ninja Gaiden
God of War
Mortal Kombat

mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

From games that I've played (note that there are a CRAPload that I haven't, including stuff like Gears, Postal 2)...

- Original Doom series (Ultimate, II, Final)

I honestly dont think there are any games as fundamentally messed up as these. There is never any comic relief and those DOS corridors just looked so goddamn grim and dark. It was relentless with its violence and hellish setting, along with all the random scenes blood and torture that you'd find along the way (impaled bodies still moving etc.). I wish I hadn't played these games so young; I think they killed a part of my soul :cry:

- GTA Vice City (PC)

Shooting up the city could get incredibly bloody and violent, especially with the head blown off animations (you'd get a fountain of blood)

- Carmageddon 1 and 2 (PC)

Yeah, you'd plow through pedestrians like nobody's business and get rewarded various bonuses for how you did it (e.g. BONUS FOR ARTISTIC IMPRESSION, SPLATTER BONUS, etc.). The first one had sprites for pedestrians which were animated but the second had proper models and their limbs could individually fly off.

- Mortal Kombat 1 (Genesis/Arcade)

I think this one was the grimmest of them all. The other ones had comic relief and became somewhat cartoony, but this one had an atmosphere the other ones lacked (in its music, artstyle, etc.). Game was okay, my personal favourite was Ultimate MK3. I loved that one, even if it was probably rated poorly.

- Blood (PC)

The title says it all, actually, no it doesn't. If it did, it would be called, Blood, Guts, Etc. Crazy violent game. If you chucked a stick of dynamite (which the protagonist would freshly light before your eyes) into a group of enemies, they would literally explode into a heap of entrails, heads, ribcages and organs.

Honorable mention: God of War 2. This probably should replace MK1 but I already wrote that up and can't be bothered.

EDIT, Manhunt has gotta be in the top 5, too. This should replace GOW2 if it replaced MK1 :P

EDIT again, oh yeah, Soldier of Fortune 2 was pretty crazy too hahaha.

Avatar image for tylergamereview
tylergamereview

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 tylergamereview
Member since 2006 • 2051 Posts
[QUOTE="RadecSupreme"]

[QUOTE="Yandere"]

Elfen Lied?

That first episode still gives me nightmares...
mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

GOWIII demo, that is some brutal stuff. Intense.

Lethargika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lethargika
Member since 2009 • 1666 Posts

F.E.A.R. could get pretty harsh at times.

_Cubit_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 _Cubit_
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts
Most violent and gory games i have played were probably 5.Soldier of fortune 4.Carmageddon 3.,ortal kombat 2.postal 2 1.Madworld (its a comical game but the violence is pretty excessive and brutal imo) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2fBxUM8N5o
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Any list without "Harvester" isn't a list at all.

This is the best list I have seen to date.

St_muscat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 St_muscat
Member since 2007 • 4315 Posts

Manhunt

Madworld (even if it was comical)

Gears of War

Left 4 Dead 2

Ninja Gaiden

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts
MadWorld and Manhunt are def up there i would go with MadWorld as the most violent one, but the graphics make it less effective. even if the ways to kill people are probably the most varied ever seen in a videogame
mr-krinkles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 mr-krinkles
Member since 2008 • 1641 Posts

foxhound_fox

What is this I dont even

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts
I feel like any list with out Soldier of Fortune doesn't feel right. Hell their intestines spill out when you shoot them in the gut.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]

mr-krinkles

What is this I dont even

What a waste, you could make some nice lampshades out of that lot.

_Cubit_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 _Cubit_
Member since 2008 • 159 Posts
oh man just looked up a video of that harvester game, whatt on earth, thats pretty twisted. even if the effects were dated and dogey.