The 360 is the best console I have ever owned.

• 130 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

In my lifetime I have owed the vast majority of gaming systems that have hit the market. I had an Atari & NES. I had a SNES & Genesis. A Nintendo 64, Gamecube & Wii. Sega Dreamcast, Sony Playstation 2 and Micosoft Xbox. And one thing is thing is true about every system I have owned. They all pale in compairison to the Xbox 360.

I have never owned a system that literally had way too many good games. I understand that when I was a child I have more time to game, but I still have about 20 hours a week that I get to play my hobby. The variety of 360 games is amazing. Western RPGs, Japanese RPGs, FPS, Racing, TPS, Strategy, Board, Card, Puzzle, Action, Adventure, stealth, etc. But what more amazing is not the variety but the level of greatness in each type of game.

Everyone has known since the creation of Halo that the Xbox was the shooter king of consoles. The 360 has followed in the Xbox's footsteps in this regard. Halo 3, Call of Duty 4, & Bioshock are all amazing first person shooters for differant reasons. The 360 also gave birth the the AAA series Gears of War. Adding to these fantastic games are games like, Perfect Dark Zero,Orange Box, Call of Duty WAW, Prey & Far Cry. You could only play shooters for the 360 and have a great game to play everyday for years. But, why would you want to do that with all the other great gaming goodness it has to offer?

As far as consoles go there is quite some debate to which one has the best RPGs. SNES, PS1 & PS2 all had great Japanese RPGs. You could probally name a few classics on each easy. However, look at the 360 line-up. Great JRPG's already out include Tales of Vesparia & Eternal Sonata. Add to that Final Fantasy XIII coming soon and the 360 has JRPG on lock. However, the 360 also has a huge amount of great western RPGS. Mass Effect (which will be a trilogy), Oblivion, Fallout 3 & Fable 2 are all amazing RPGs. I think people get nostalgic for these old systems, but what experance on any of the old consoles was like coming out of the sewer in Oblivion?

You can go across the board with the great games. Racing? Forza Motorsport 2, Burnout Paradise, Moto GP & PGR series. Action/Adventure? Grand Theft Auto 4, Prince of Persia, Mirror's Edge & Dead Rising. Strategy? Civ Rev, Endwar & C&C. Fighting games? Tekken, Virtua Fighter, Soul Caliber & Dead or Alive. It goes on and on. Add to that all the great downloadable games and it is truely amazing how many awesome titles the 360 has. And it still has years to add to those titles.

I think it is fact that the 360 has the best game line-up of alltime. People will deny this based soley on nostalgia. Games back when can not compete with games today. Games today are too deep and compelling. To polished and pretty. And to whoever brings up the "3 rings of death", keep in mind how many NES' and PS2's you went through. The 360 has done something this generation that I never thought would happen. It turned me into a one-system gamer.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Seriously? http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/808/indifferenttoped7.gif

I've never met anyone who thinks the 360 is literally the greatest console of all time. I like it but it pales in comparison to the PS1/2. Well, if you really like it that much, more power to ya.

cutmaclass1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 cutmaclass1
Member since 2004 • 1611 Posts
The 360 has the best UI of any console I've ever owned, but the PS2 still has better games.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SpideR_CentS
For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?
BatmanBegins24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 BatmanBegins24
Member since 2005 • 7520 Posts

As an impartial owner of all three current gen consoles I would have to agree. PS3 is slightly better than the 360 as a home theater box, but the 360 wins by a significant margin in terms of games. The only amazing exclusive PS3 game is MGS4 (I have yet to play Little Big Planet which is probably amazing as well). And don't get me started on the Wii. I waited outside of a gamestop for hours to preorder it and I regret it.

The Xbox 360 is a fantastic console but I do have gripes with it (such as the use of a proprietary hard drive unlike the PS3) but there is no contest to it's game line up.

fenwickhotmail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 fenwickhotmail
Member since 2004 • 7308 Posts
Its a great console I agree, but not enough must have games to make it my fave console.
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
Good not greatest console that title belongs to Ps2 and SNES
Hitman533

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hitman533
Member since 2008 • 642 Posts
But you could have had the same gaming experience witha PS3 since more than half or those games you listed are also on PS3. Plus free online, Wi-Fi, no RROD, bluray movies and you wouldn't have to worry about buying a PS3 like most 360 owners to play those great games in 2009-2010.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

really because.. there are very few reasons to own a 360 exclusively speaking.. i don't think it's even in the top 5 of best consoles ever

especially since it's the worst piece of hardware i've ever bought.. i've had routers with longer shelf life

and ms is probably the biggest milker of their consumers.. the hdd issues alone.. overpriced, can't reformat my crashed hdd so i have to buy a new one, then online/wifi .. definately geared towards the western market.. consumers with expendable incomes

and the genres, talk about a poor variety.. no platformers and all the big money goes towards shooters period

plus the 09 selection is the WEAKEST of any console.. a halo 3 expansion and a halo rts wow so out of ideas

-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -hells-
Member since 2008 • 1027 Posts
For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?SpideR_CentS
Timeplsitters,call of duty,Moh frontline,socom Strategy lol gtfo who plays strategy on a console wrpg's agreed ps2 didnt have much of them.But when it comes to jrpg's,action adventure,racing,sports or anything which consoles are best at ps2 murders 360
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

But you could have had the same gaming experience witha PS3 since more than half or those games you listed are also on PS3. Plus free online, Wi-Fi, no RROD, bluray movies and you wouldn't have to worry about buying a PS3 like most 360 owners to play those great games in 2009-2010.Hitman533

Damn, just when this thread was going well.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SpideR_CentS
Good not greatest console that title belongs to Ps2 and SNESSolid_Max13
where are the Western RPGs, Stratagy & Good shooters on them? Also can you really compair SNES to 360? Look at Sports / Fighters / Action / etc. About the only thing SNES has on 360 is JRPG & Platformers.
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
[QUOTE="Solid_Max13"]Good not greatest console that title belongs to Ps2 and SNESSpideR_CentS
where are the Western RPGs, Stratagy & Good shooters on them? Also can you really compair SNES to 360? Look at Sports / Fighters / Action / etc. About the only thing SNES has on 360 is JRPG & Platformers.

Can you really compare the 360 to the SNES? Take your fanboy goggles off many loved the snes and still love the snes to this day, your argument is flat as it created some of the best ips to this day.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?-hells-
Timeplsitters,call of duty,Moh frontline,socom Strategy lol gtfo who plays strategy on a console wrpg's agreed ps2 didnt have much of them.But when it comes to jrpg's,action adventure,racing,sports or anything which consoles are best at ps2 murders 360

I disagree strongly with saying the PS2 has near as good racers. Compair them side by side and online features, graphics, etc the 360 blows away PS2 racers. Pure, Burnout Paradise, Forza, PGR4, Moto GP, Dirt, Grd, etc.

Sports?! Madden '09 > and PS2 era Madden. NBA 2k9 > any PS2 era Basketball game. Top Spin 2 & VT3 > any PS2 era tennis game. Come on be real about it.

Toro_Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Toro_Nev
Member since 2008 • 1074 Posts
I honestly think it sucks..... but thats just me. It might just be me not liking any consoles created by microsoft.....
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"][QUOTE="Solid_Max13"]Good not greatest console that title belongs to Ps2 and SNESSolid_Max13

Can you really compare the 360 to the SNES? Take your fanboy goggles off many loved the snes and still love the snes to this day, your argument is flat as it created some of the best ips to this day.

Then what type of games are better on the SNES then the 360? Besides Platformers and JRPG?! --- Or is this just nostalga speaking?
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 voxware00

[QUOTE="-hells-"][QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?SpideR_CentS

I disagree strongly with saying the PS2 has near as good racers. Compair them side by side and online features, graphics, etc the 360 blows away PS2 racers. Pure, Burnout Paradise, Forza, PGR4, Moto GP, Dirt, Grd, etc.

Sports?! Madden '09 > and PS2 era Madden. NBA 2k9 > any PS2 era Basketball game. Top Spin 2 & VT3 > any PS2 era tennis game. Come on be real about it.

wow the 2 worst genres ever, and genres better on the pc like shooter and strat.. yeah i give the 360 credit in that

platformers are dead though, and ms puts all of their money into shooters period.. now all they have is a halo 3 expansion and a halo rts for 09.. out of ideas

by now the ps2 had like 10 diff 1st party platformers and action games.. ms puts their money into a racer, a shooter and a family friendly franchise

there were just so many more quirky/artistic games on the PS brand.. you won't find things like okami or shadow of the colossus/ico for the 360

-hells-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -hells-
Member since 2008 • 1027 Posts

[QUOTE="-hells-"][QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?SpideR_CentS

Now you are comparing the features of the racers.When you compare two things yo generally do it based upon how good it is for its time.The ps2 games were awesome for their time .If you compare them to current gen games they dont mean squat.Even in this day and age the ps3 can compete with the 360.Whereas ps2 literally crushed the competition.Get the point??
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Gamer4Iife
Member since 2008 • 6010 Posts

You own an SNES and a PS2, yet you think the Xbox 360 is better ? :| Did you even buy the good games ?

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SpideR_CentS

really because.. there are very few reasons to own a 360 exclusively speaking.. i don't think it's even in the top 5 of best consoles ever

especially since it's the worst piece of hardware i've ever bought.. i've had routers with longer shelf life

and ms is probably the biggest milker of their consumers.. the hdd issues alone.. overpriced, can't reformat my crashed hdd so i have to buy a new one, then online/wifi .. definately geared towards the western market.. consumers with expendable incomes

and the genres, talk about a poor variety.. no platformers and all the big money goes towards shooters period

plus the 09 selection is the WEAKEST of any console.. a halo 3 expansion and a halo rts wow so out of ideas

voxware00
The 360 has the best lineup of current consoles for the following - Racing, Sports, Fighting, WRPG, JRPG, Strategy, 3PS, FPS. About the only thing both the PS3 (LBP) & Wii (SMG) have on 360 is platforming Barely Braid and Banjo are both awesome) & PS3 has stealth with MGSIV. Everything else goes to the 360. Except shovelware, yeah that goes to the WIi
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I would not be as praising as the TC, but the 360 has been the console that I have played on and enjoyed the most in my lifetime. That could be due to many factors, including being old enough (23) to work full time and being able to buy my own games, whereas when I was a kid on the Intellivision, NES, or Genesis I got like 1 new game every few months and with PS1/2 I was just entering the working world and still making peanuts.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]

[QUOTE="-hells-"] Timeplsitters,call of duty,Moh frontline,socom Strategy lol gtfo who plays strategy on a console wrpg's agreed ps2 didnt have much of them.But when it comes to jrpg's,action adventure,racing,sports or anything which consoles are best at ps2 murders 360-hells-

Now you are comparing the features of the racers.When you compare two things yo generally do it based upon how good it is for its time.The ps2 games were awesome for their time .If you compare them to current gen games they dont mean squat.Even in this day and age the ps3 can compete with the 360.Whereas ps2 literally crushed the competition.Get the point??

Just because a system is old doesnt give it a free pass. And to that end I still think Xbox had better racers then PS2.
PS3nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 PS3nut
Member since 2007 • 515 Posts

Umm one little tid bit missing from your console collection, and that of course is the PS3, because if you did own that, then the title of this thread would be

" THE PS3 IS THE BEST CONSOLE I HAVE EVER OWNED "

So please spare us your 360 praise until you get to spend some time with a PS3 and Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank T.O.D. and future 360 killer like KILLZONE 2 and GOD of WAR 3, GRAN TURISMO 5.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SpideR_CentS

You own an SNES and a PS2, yet you think the Xbox 360 is better ? :| Did you even buy the good games ?

Gamer4Iife
Yes, and unlike most people in this thread I have a 360, SNES & PS2 all hooked up to my TV currently. I'm talking about directly compairing the system right now. Not "at the time" this was this. No nostalga. Pop in games and play them right now.
MarthRingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 MarthRingman
Member since 2008 • 1104 Posts
to each his own, I guess. I have trouble find anything on 360 that isn't a. a shooter or b. better on PC. I'd take my SNES over the xbox any day.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Umm one little tid bit missing from your console collection, and that of course is the PS3, because if you did own that, then the title of this thread would be

So please spare us your 360 praise until you get to spend some time with a PS3 and Uncharted Drakes Fortune, Metal Gear Solid 4, Ratchet and Clank T.O.D. and future 360 killer like KILLZONE 2 and GOD of WAR 3, GRAN TURISMO 5.

PS3nut
I own both consoles, and while I find the PS3 to be a very good system, I disagree with you.
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 voxware00
[QUOTE="voxware00"]

SpideR_CentS

The 360 has the best lineup of current consoles for the following - Racing, Sports, Fighting, WRPG, JRPG, Strategy, 3PS, FPS. About the only thing both the PS3 (LBP) & Wii (SMG) have on 360 is platforming Barely Braid and Banjo are both awesome) & PS3 has stealth with MGSIV. Everything else goes to the 360. Except shovelware, yeah that goes to the WIi

what's exclusive to the 360 in fighting, doa? and with that d-pad are you kidding me?

racing, sports woopie those are shovelware genres basically, wrpg(exclusive?), shooter and strategy that's a pc's job, jrpg nothing will top WKS

like i said, the ps3 and the wii are getting more creative/quirky games.. you won't see anything as artistic as ico on the 360

and think about where the BIG money goes.. you list all these diff genres, but strictly MS speaking.. they put their BIG money into shooters , no more

really this generation is crap period but in NO way does the 360 compare to the ps1, ps2 or snes.. they just don't have any games with stories either

and forget genres, the hardware is THE worst of any console you can't deny.. ms are the biggest milkers and they have no exclusives

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SpideR_CentS

PS3nut
Um no. I have played most of the PS3 games you mention and I would much rather play the games I get on the 360 that are not on the PS3 (Halo, Fable, Forza, Gears, Banjo, Scene it?, Dead Rising, Crackdown, Prey, PGR, etc)
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Gamer4Iife
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

SpideR_CentS

Yes, and unlike most people in this thread I have a 360, SNES & PS2 all hooked up to my TV currently. I'm talking about directly compairing the system right now. Not "at the time" this was this. No nostalga. Pop in games and play them right now.

So basically, you're saying that current consoles are better than past consoles in terms of technology and improvements ? Isn't that ......kind of obvious ?

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
SNES and PS2 destroy the 360 literally
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

Gamer4Iife

So basically, you're saying that current consoles are better than past consoles in terms of technology and improvements ? Isn't that ......kind of obvious ?

No I am saying the 360 is the best console of all time. I am saying that it has the best games and best variety of games of any console ever. And I am saying that childhood momerys lead to a lot of the "best of all time" discussions. And yes it does matter that games get better over time when compairing old systems to new ones. If someone wants to say "SNES was the best console of its time" I have no problem with that. But best of all time? That goes to the 360 in my book
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SpideR_CentS
SNES and PS2 destroy the 360 literallyGiancar
They "literally" destroy the 360. Care to elaborate on that?
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"][QUOTE="voxware00"]

voxware00

what's exclusive to the 360 in fighting, doa? and with that d-pad are you kidding me?

racing, sports woopie those are shovelware genres basically, wrpg(exclusive?), shooter and strategy that's a pc's job, jrpg nothing will top WKS

like i said, the ps3 and the wii are getting more creative/quirky games.. you won't see anything as artistic as ico on the 360

and think about where the BIG money goes.. you list all these diff genres, but strictly MS speaking.. they put their BIG money into shooters , no more

really this generation is crap period but in NO way does the 360 compare to the ps1, ps2 or snes.. they just don't have any games with stories either

and forget genres, the hardware is THE worst of any console you can't deny.. ms are the biggest milkers and they have no exclusives

Yes DoA, Tekken, VF & SC >> Tekken, VF & SC.

If you directly compair the 360 line up to Wii or PS3 I cant think of any catagory other then Stealth or Platformer that either is better then 360.

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
[QUOTE="Giancar"]SNES and PS2 destroy the 360 literallySpideR_CentS

games, thats it...look up for the SNES and PS2 games (I a m too lazy to make a list), back in the time both platforms have a hell lot more games, quality and quantity wise
Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
so your comparing the 360 to great consoles like SNES and PS1&2? sorry xbox is a good console but it's no up there with the great's
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"][QUOTE="Giancar"]SNES and PS2 destroy the 360 literallyGiancar

games, thats it...look up for the SNES and PS2 games (I a m too lazy to make a list), back in the time both platforms have a hell lot more games, quality and quantity wise

Someone needs to explain to you what "literally" means. But moving past that, I would still ask what games? What genre of games? Other then WRPS or Platformers?
voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 voxware00
[QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"][QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"] Yes, and unlike most people in this thread I have a 360, SNES & PS2 all hooked up to my TV currently. I'm talking about directly compairing the system right now. Not "at the time" this was this. No nostalga. Pop in games and play them right now. SpideR_CentS

No I am saying the 360 is the best console of all time. I am saying that it has the best games and best variety of games of any console ever. And I am saying that childhood momerys lead to a lot of the "best of all time" discussions. And yes it does matter that games get better over time when compairing old systems to new ones. If someone wants to say "SNES was the best console of its time" I have no problem with that. But best of all time? That goes to the 360 in my book

you couldn't be more wrong though, most of the times when you mention games you're listing multiplats .. you're basically arguing halo is the best game ever

do you really think it's the best hardware you've ever bought? most peoples snes and ps1 still work, i doubt most 360's will work in 10 years from now

i don't know why you think there is a variety on the console either.. you need to go back and look at the library of the ps2/ps1/snes and compare those exclusives to 360 exclusives.. way more memorable classics than todays titles which we consider the best games ever because of their hype.. look at the diversity of genres in terms of big money.. ms only has big money going to one genre.. that's not a variety

the 360 is the best for fighters because of 1 franchise and a crappy dpad.. laugh out loud, you must have forgot you said the 360 is the best console of all time, not better than the ps3 currently

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SpideR_CentS
so your comparing the 360 to great consoles like SNES and PS1&2? sorry xbox is a good console but it's no up there with the great'sRagashahs
Why not? Care to give any reasoning to your arguement what so ever?
Gamer4Iife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gamer4Iife

No I am saying the 360 is the best console of all time. I am saying that it has the best games and best variety of games of any console ever. And I am saying that childhood momerys lead to a lot of the "best of all time" discussions. And yes it does matter that games get better over time when compairing old systems to new ones. If someone wants to say "SNES was the best console of its time" I have no problem with that. But best of all time? That goes to the 360 in my bookSpideR_CentS

But the way you reached to that conclusion is flawed. You completely ignored nostalgia on purpose, which is an important part of the "best of all time" debates. Using your logic, whatever console is the most recent automatically becomes the best of all time, simply due to the fact that it's capable of more than past systems.

ToddMite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 ToddMite
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
You know what? just STFU you all and be happy that those great consoles exist 8)
ArrancarVizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ArrancarVizard
Member since 2007 • 464 Posts
Greatest Console EVER? NO. Greatest Console this Gen? HELL YES!!
Avatar image for muffintheduffin
muffintheduffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 muffintheduffin
Member since 2008 • 1004 Posts

OMG, REALLY?!

TEH PS3 IS TEEHHHH GREATEST CONSOLE EVARRRRR!!!!

no dude no. this goes both ways.

BTW, NO ONE GIVES A glitch about your opinion.

its not like your moving console because you said it was the best console for you evarr.

so blog it.

save others from boredom and repetitive glitches shoved into SW with these pointless opinionated and biased threads.

SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"][QUOTE="Gamer4Iife"]

voxware00

you couldn't be more wrong though, most of the times when you mention games you're listing multiplats .. you're basically arguing halo is the best game ever

do you really think it's the best hardware you've ever bought? most peoples snes and ps1 still work, i doubt most 360's will work in 10 years from now

i don't know why you think there is a variety on the console either.. you need to go back and look at the library of the ps2/ps1/snes and compare those exclusives to 360 exclusives.. way more memorable classics than todays titles which we consider the best games ever because of their hype.. look at the diversity of genres in terms of big money.. ms only has big money going to one genre.. that's not a variety

the 360 is the best for fighters because of 1 franchise and a crappy dpad.. laugh out loud, you must have forgot you said the 360 is the best console of all time, not better than the ps3 currently

First off i'm not saying exclusives, I'm talking any games. Exclusives are getting rarer and rarer on most platforms because of the raising cost to make games.

SNES & PS1 work 10 years later? probally. NES & PS2 ? not so much. Also on my first 360 that was made Jan '06 with no issues.

Forgoet about exclusives, its all about what games you can play on the system. Variety ? Where are the WRPGs, Strategy, FPS on either of those consoles?

Locke562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Locke562
Member since 2004 • 7673 Posts
For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?SpideR_CentS
Wow. Why don't you just buy yourself a good PC and get it over with :?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts
64 was the best one I owned.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SpideR_CentS

[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"] No I am saying the 360 is the best console of all time. I am saying that it has the best games and best variety of games of any console ever. And I am saying that childhood momerys lead to a lot of the "best of all time" discussions. And yes it does matter that games get better over time when compairing old systems to new ones. If someone wants to say "SNES was the best console of its time" I have no problem with that. But best of all time? That goes to the 360 in my bookGamer4Iife

But the way you reached to that conclusion is flawed. You completely ignored nostalgia on purpose, which is an important part of the "best of all time" debates. Using your logic, whatever console is the most recent automatically becomes the best of all time, simply due to the fact that it's capable of more than past systems.

Great games stay great games and age well. Other games not so much. Nostalgia is the only reason people say this or that is the best of all time. I can't plug in and play nostalgia. I can play my SNES ot PS2 and neither is as good as my 360 though.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SpideR_CentS
[QUOTE="SpideR_CentS"]For those saying PS1 & 2 where are the good shooters? How about strategy games? Western RPGs ?Locke562
Wow. Why don't you just buy yourself a good PC and get it over with :?

This is a discussion about consoles. And is it my fault that the 360 has good games in these genres missing from other consoles?
tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 tancred8120
Member since 2007 • 7937 Posts
I'm not sure I agree completely, but it is indeed awesome
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
why are all the cows bashing him? its his opinion why does it bother you so much?