The 360 gets an inferior ps2 port of a major game.TLHBO.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

musacircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 musacircuit
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts

The ps2 get's a superior version of pro evolution soccer 6.

"What's most surprising is how different the PlayStation 2 version is to its Xbox 360 counterpart. Whereas the "next-gen" version runs at a somewhat sluggish pace, the PS2 game is blisteringly fast and undoubtedly the more fluid game. The differences extend off the pitch as well, with the PS2 version allowing you to extensively edit player and team information so you can update rosters throughout the season. Many people like to save their goal replays to a memory card, and while this has been omitted from the 360 version, it has thankfully remained on PS2. Of the extra gameplay modes, the memorial match keeps track of wins, losses, and average goals between friends, while the international challenge pulls together three European and American cups of between six and 32 teams. Finally, Konami's online service lets you play games with up to eight players over the Internet, which trumps Xbox Live's support for only two players. On the other hand, the PS2 version lacks the Xbox 360 game's Teatro Blanco and Antlion Colosseum stadiums, although it does have more stadiums overall"

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/sports/winningeleven10/index.html

amtentori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 amtentori
Member since 2003 • 1911 Posts
can you really blame this on anything other than the devs?
kraidiation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kraidiation
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts
I guess that means the 360 is less powerful than a PS2

/wii-bashing logic
jaminator45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jaminator45
Member since 2003 • 367 Posts
DANG IT!! And to think how long i have been waiting for a new Soccer game! Thats it, I am going to burn my 360 this very instant!
Mystikef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Mystikef
Member since 2003 • 5125 Posts

"What's most surprising is how different the PlayStation 2 version is to its Xbox 360 counterpart. Whereas the "next-gen" version runs at a somewhat sluggish pace, the PS2 game is blisteringly fast and undoubtedly the more fluid game. The differences extend off the pitch as well, with the PS2 version allowing you to extensively edit player and team information so you can update rosters throughout the season. Many people like to save their goal replays to a memory card, and while this has been omitted from the 360 version, it has thankfully remained on PS2. Of the extra gameplay modes, the memorial match keeps track of wins, losses, and average goals between friends, while the international challenge pulls together three European and American cups of between six and 32 teams. Finally, Konami's online service lets you play games with up to eight players over the Internet, which trumps Xbox Live's support for only two players. On the other hand, the PS2 version lacks the Xbox 360 game's Teatro Blanco and Antlion Colosseum stadiums, although it does have more stadiums overall"

musacircuit

I think what you are trying to say is that the developers have been owned.

Developers can put out crappy games for any console. It's not the consoles fault.  I just don't buy those crappy games.  Thus, the developer is owned...  not me.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts
Well thank god I hate soccer.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts
I guess that means the 360 is less powerful than a PS2

kraidiation

so true.
halokillerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 halokillerz
Member since 2004 • 3406 Posts

[QUOTE="kraidiation"]I guess that means the 360 is less powerful than a PS2

GsSanAndreas

so true.

and i guess the wii is really more powerful then the ps3

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
I honestly could care less about this game. I would agree that the developers obviously rushed the XBox360 version out the door before it was complete. Plus the developers are more familiar with the PS2 software tools as they've been using it for the last 7 years. In any case, I don't think anyone really cares.
GsSanAndreas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GsSanAndreas
Member since 2004 • 3075 Posts

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="kraidiation"]I guess that means the 360 is less powerful than a PS2

halokillerz

so true.

no  lol
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
I honestly could care less about this game. I would agree that the developers obviously rushed the XBox360 version out the door before it was complete. Plus the developers are more familiar with the PS2 software tools as they've been using it for the last 7 years. In any case, I don't think anyone really cares.blackace
You couldn't* care less
helium_flash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 helium_flash
Member since 2007 • 9244 Posts
Just a question, but do all the American teams suck in these soccer games?  Or will that Beckem guy somehow increase all of their skill? :lol:
Cpt_Apollo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#13 Cpt_Apollo
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
Well thank god I hate soccer. Vyse_The_Daring
Ditto and how is this considered a "major" game?
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
clearly the devs did this to make the 360 look bad
Magical_Zebra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Magical_Zebra
Member since 2003 • 7960 Posts
Well thank god I hate soccer. Vyse_The_Daring
They have soccer games on the 360? :shock:
Tails10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tails10
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

lemmings who argued at the fact about Ninja gaiden sigma being a crappy port of x box game showed how sucky PS3 was.

Karma is such a great thing :)

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lawlessx

lemmings who argued at the fact about Ninja gaiden sigma being a crappy port of x box game showed how sucky PS3 was.

Tails10
actually lemmings bashed the cows for hyping ninja gaiden:sigma since the game at its core is basically the same game they bashed when it was released on the xbox
Phantom_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phantom_J
Member since 2006 • 1180 Posts

Tails10
Ninja Gaiden Sigma IS a port of an xbox game that has been touched up a bit, but honestly, who gives a rat's *** about a soccer game, Pro Evolution (Or whatever it is called) no less. This can't really be considered Karma.
Tails10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tails10
[QUOTE="Tails10"]

Phantom_J

Ninja Gaiden Sigma IS a port of an xbox game that has been touched up a bit, but honestly, who gives a rat's *** about a soccer game, Pro Evolution (Or whatever it is called) no less. This can't really be considered Karma.

Ninja gaiden sigma was huge game on x box, being ported to PS3 and lemmings laughed at fact that they were getting a touched up ninja gaiden sigma, claimed it as ownage and PS3 sucking.

Pro Evo soccer, huge franchise on PS2, being ported to x box 360.

How would a cow be wrong if he suddenly says, "360 sucks its getting a slightly touched up ps2 port" when lemmings did the same thing with ninja gaiden.

its hypocrisy like that which ruins this forum. Along with the fact that logic, smarts and brains are forbidden here

TaCoDuDe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TaCoDuDe
Member since 2006 • 3239 Posts
The 360 has already proven that it's capable of (much) more than that. I don't see how this should concern anyone, other than the devs.
Can-o-Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Can-o-Mark
Member since 2005 • 3844 Posts
[QUOTE="halokillerz"]

[QUOTE="GsSanAndreas"][QUOTE="kraidiation"]I guess that means the 360 is less powerful than a PS2

GsSanAndreas

so true.

no  lol

omg but liek y isnt zelda on pos3 then?????? lololol pwnd!!1!11onetwo!11

musacircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 musacircuit
Member since 2004 • 497 Posts
[QUOTE="Tails10"]

Phantom_J

Pro evolution is a MASSIVE franchise in europe.And it actually sells more than ninja gaiden even in the us or japan.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lawlessx
[QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"]

Tails10

Ninja gaiden sigma was huge game on x box, being ported to PS3 and lemmings laughed at fact that they were getting a touched up ninja gaiden sigma, claimed it as ownage and PS3 sucking.

How would a cow be wrong if he suddenly says, "360 sucks its getting a slightly touched up ps2 port" when lemmings did the same thing with ninja gaiden.

its hypocrisy like that which ruins this forum. Along with the fact that logic, smarts and brains are forbidden here

nobody claimed it as ownage dude..just how would that even be ownage :? the main reason why lemmings pretty much made fun of the cows was because the cows are now hyping a game they said wasnt as good as the DMC series.
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
The last thing I needed to hear was soccer news on the 360.
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
PS2 8.7 > 360 8.1
Fusible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Fusible
Member since 2005 • 2828 Posts
PS2 8.7 > 306 8.1ELJUDEZ
Whats a 306?
ELJUDEZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ELJUDEZ
Member since 2004 • 7389 Posts
[QUOTE="ELJUDEZ"]PS2 8.7 > 306 8.1Fusible
Whats a 306?

Im not on nothing honest.>_>
Kayrod29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Kayrod29
Member since 2005 • 5301 Posts
sports games ha ha ha
Phantom_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Phantom_J
[QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"]

Tails10

I agree fanboy logic does suck, but in a few cases haven't you proved yourself to be tipping a little on the cow side??
klactose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 klactose
Member since 2003 • 1167 Posts
I don't think it's actually that new of a situation. This isn't the first time that the next-gen consoles get the worst version of a game. And there is a game that is far more "major" than Pro-Evo. It's called Madden, and since the 360 has been released it has been getting the inferior version (and now the PS3 also gets this same version). Not really a port, just a version that does not have all the features of the PS2 version. Sounds like more of the same with Pro-Evo. Thank you. Come again.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Can someone post pics of Gundam on PS3? /Thread.
Tails10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tails10
[QUOTE="Tails10"][QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"]

Phantom_J

I agree fanboy logic does suck, but in a few cases haven't you proved yourself to be tipping a little on the cow side??

yea i get bored at times, so then i join the fanboy bandwagon for teh funny responses

Phantom_J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Phantom_J
[QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"][QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"]

Tails10

yea i get bored at times, so then i join the fanboy bandwagon for teh funny responses

Then I rest my case.
mwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mwa
Member since 2003 • 2639 Posts
joke thread
Tails10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Tails10
[QUOTE="Tails10"][QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"][QUOTE="Phantom_J"][QUOTE="Tails10"]

Phantom_J

Then I rest my case.

this one was actually serious, to prove a point of the hypocrisy of some lemmings on here though

bakalhau90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bakalhau90
Member since 2004 • 2264 Posts
DANG IT!! And to think how long i have been waiting for a new Soccer game! Thats it, I am going to burn my 360 this very instant!jaminator45
Sell your 360 to me. I will personally hand you 600$. Plus taxes.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 -Spock-
Member since 2006 • 7072 Posts
Seabass even admited it was rushed for Christmas.
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
Not so many people care about soccer to even care in the first place.
-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -Spock-
Not so many people care about soccer to even care in the first place.MoldOnHold
Tell that to every country in the world other than the US...
cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
[QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]Not so many people care about soccer to even care in the first place.-Spock-

ha so true... But i always liked fifa over pro evolution... (well, starting with ps2/xbox era) other than that, super star soccer pro evolution. (this is coming from someone who lived outside of US, and had a ps1)
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

musacircuit

Oh, if this is true, then the whole world is a lie.

Oh NO!!!!!

The dev's are blamed here, but in the case of PS3 launch games, it's the PS3's fault.
YOU gotta love Fanboys!!!

-Spock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 -Spock-
[QUOTE="-Spock-"][QUOTE="MoldOnHold"]Not so many people care about soccer to even care in the first place.upper90az

In no other sport does one game change everything my friend.

Indeed. Getting into the World Cup is a status symbol, at least in a country like Argentina or Brazil's case.