the 360 coming out this year...whose gonna buy it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

limitbreak32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 limitbreak32
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too sure
Eidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Eidog
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
.... do you live in Antartica?
Eidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Eidog
Member since 2007 • 249 Posts
you mean "The NEW 360", -.-
Avatar image for jigglebilly1983
jigglebilly1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jigglebilly1983
Member since 2006 • 2696 Posts
Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
if this is true then ill buy it IF the problems and bugs are cleaned up for this version.
Avatar image for Hammerofjustice
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Hammerofjustice
Member since 2006 • 2685 Posts
Its called zephyr. I will be buying it along with mass effect and halo 3.
limitbreak32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 limitbreak32
Member since 2007 • 47 Posts
oh its called zephyr?...i see...thanks for the corrections
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts
well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too surelimitbreak32
I've heard nothing about built in Wi-Fi, just the HDMI port and the 120gb hard drive. Link?
KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KAS3Y_JAM3Z
Member since 2006 • 1699 Posts
Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.jigglebilly1983
it was actually confirmed...I'm fairly sure.
GhettoTaxii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 GhettoTaxii
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too surelimitbreak32
Nah, I don;t need HDMI, there are many types of HD cables and also, Wi-Fi isn't needed for me. Lol.
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="limitbreak32"]well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too sureGhettoTaxii
Nah, I don;t need HDMI, there are many types of HD cables and also, Wi-Fi isn't needed for me. Lol.

The only cable that can display 1080p without being downgraded is HDMI.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
Its called zephyr. I will be buying it along with mass effect and halo 3.Hammerofjustice
In another post, I remember you saying that Halo was the most over-rated fps ever... That Mass Effect you were getting it for PC.. And the zephyr was the biggest MS scam ever... You cant make one pro-ms comment, and shed your cow skin, its always going to be there.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

I read the title and thought someone had bumped a Hellishly old thread.

earthking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14 earthking
Member since 2003 • 12506 Posts
Nope...I just got my 360.
Avatar image for Buff-McBlumpkin
Buff-McBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Buff-McBlumpkin
Member since 2007 • 566 Posts

[QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="limitbreak32"]well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too sureHammerofjustice

Not true at all. Component is perfectly able to pass 1080p, you just need a TV that accepts 1080p via component.

killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.KAS3Y_JAM3Z

Let's see....confrimation by a retailer i never heard of vs.confirmation by MS..... ....yeah.Ill wait til MS comfirms it.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#17 Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts
[QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.KAS3Y_JAM3Z

No it wasn't. It was posted on some random no name website. Spray paint a 360 black and BAM...your all over the internets. Go find a source that confirmed it.
Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Hammerofjustice
[QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.Bgrngod

No it wasn't. It was posted on some random no name website. Spray paint a 360 black and BAM...your all over the internets. Go find a source that confirmed it.

Game informer posted it. One of the most credible sites on the web.
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts
if this is true then ill buy it IF the problems and bugs are cleaned up for this version.Tjeremiah1988
Same here. Im waiting to get a black 360 with hdmi.
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Bgrngod
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.Hammerofjustice

WTB a link?
xguy47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xguy47
Member since 2005 • 1834 Posts
YES.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.Hammerofjustice

Lmao...GI...reliable....the mag that gives a 10.0 to anything thats a shooter...LOL
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
I still don't know if this is real, but I want a Hello Kitty faceplate for my 360. Does anyone know if they make one?
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bgrngod

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"] Game informer posted it. One of the most credible sites on the web.Bgrngod
WTB a link?

Here I got some links for you

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0105.0950.25862.htm

Looks an awful lot like they reprinted an Engadget article. All speculation. Not even CLOSE to confirmation. In fact speculation about an article speculating the existence of the new 360.

5 days later: http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200701/N07.0110.1543.17573.htm

They REPRINT a Gamespot article of Chris Satchel (GM of MS's Game Dev group) saying MS was indeed doing some internal experimentation, but isn't planning on announcing any new revisions.

Sounds like gameinformer.com just wrips-off other websites.....

Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Hammerofjustice
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/06/video-the-rumored-xbox-360-v2/

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bgrngod
http://www.joystiq.com/2007/01/06/video-the-rumored-xbox-360-v2/

Hammerofjustice
Posting a video from www.x-scene.com (a MOD site) is not even close to confirmation.
deadlypencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deadlypencil
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts

[QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="limitbreak32"]well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too sureHammerofjustice

Really? then how come your computer monitor can output at a higher resolution then 1080p and NOT use HDMI?

Maybe because you dont need HDMI.... You are too gullable. you seem to beleive everything fanboys on this forum talk about... 1080p is not some new uber resolution... people have used alot higher resolution way before HDMI came along.

HDMI is required for the blue ray player, that is why the PS3 needed the HDMI cable. The reason why the 360 is getting it is because some of the newer TV's use HDMI for input ONLY, but the older ones you can just use a regular cable and get 1080p output WITHOUT any downgrading...

and before you talk about "downgrade" from analog to digital signals you might want to take a highschool physics class or at least look it up on wikipedia before you embarass yourself.

Hammerofjustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Hammerofjustice

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="limitbreak32"]well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too suredeadlypencil

Really? then how come your computer monitor can output at a higher resolution then 1080p and NOT use HDMI?

Maybe because you dont need HDMI.... You are too gullable. you seem to beleive everything fanboys on this forum talk about... 1080p is not some new uber resolution... people have used alot higher resolution way before HDMI came along.

HDMI is required for the blue ray player, that is why the PS3 needed the HDMI cable. The reason why the 360 is getting it is because some of the newer TV's use HDMI for input ONLY, but the older ones you can just use a regular cable and get 1080p output WITHOUT any downgrading...

and before you talk about "downgrade" from analog to digital signals you might want to take a highschool physics class or at least look it up on wikipedia before you embarass yourself.

I was just doing some viral marketing. anyways heres the truth http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/hdcp.cfm "HDCP is required for all equipment that use a HDMI connection. Since HDCP is a proprietary technology, it requires a license to be implemented and as part of the license agreement, a manufacturer must agree to limit the capabilities of the other video outputs on a device. This means that in effect, a movie disc can instruct a source player to downgrade the video quality if a user attempts to transmit high definition video content through a connection that doesn't feature HDCP such as VGA and component cables. "
deadlypencil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deadlypencil
Member since 2006 • 455 Posts
[QUOTE="deadlypencil"]

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="GhettoTaxii"][QUOTE="limitbreak32"]well...all of us already know about the 360 coming out near christmas that has built in hdmi and wi-fi...now...who would buy it?...i mean most of the people in america have a 360 rather than ps3 because of price and lack of games (which will change my maybe the end of this year...hopefully)...now....would you guys seriously exchange or buy a new 360 just for two things that you can get externally?...i think the cost for the new one is about 500 dollars...dont bash the price because im not too sureHammerofjustice

I was just doing some viral marketing. anyways heres the truth http://www.afterdawn.com/glossary/terms/hdcp.cfm "HDCP is required for all equipment that use a HDMI connection. Since HDCP is a proprietary technology, it requires a license to be implemented and as part of the license agreement, a manufacturer must agree to limit the capabilities of the other video outputs on a device. This means that in effect, a movie disc can instruct a source player to downgrade the video quality if a user attempts to transmit high definition video content through a connection that doesn't feature HDCP such as VGA and component cables. "

Did you just bold certain parts of that quote so others wouldn't read the rest of it? re-read your quote please. HDCP has nothing to do with the 360 or playing games at 1080p.... HDCP is for blue-ray and has nothing to do with gaming at all.

Please explain to me how PC gamers play games at > 1080p without HDMI and for some reason you seem to think 360 gamers cannot?

im awaiting your answer.

gmastersexay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gmastersexay
Member since 2003 • 3831 Posts

[QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.Bgrngod

WTB a link?

It exsits, will it get a release date is the real question.

Satchell: HDMI 360 Just "Experimentation" 

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gamespot/satchell-hdmi-360-just-experimentation-227705.php

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I'm picking it up. perhaps my old 360 will take a tragic fall and take its own life...
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
If true. It depends on how much it actually costs.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

so thats why dual link dvi can do over double 1080p? but yes hdmi is the future with the r600 having dual hdmi ports, what your ps3 was meant to have :lol:
Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bgrngod

[QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="Hammerofjustice"][QUOTE="Bgrngod"][QUOTE="KAS3Y_JAM3Z"][QUOTE="jigglebilly1983"]Unless ive missed something, the existence of the Zephyr is still wild speculation that remians unconfirmed by microsoft. Until they speak on the matter, it doesnt exist.gmastersexay

WTB a link?

It exsits, will it get a release date is the real question.

Satchell: HDMI 360 Just "Experimentation" 

http://kotaku.com/gaming/gamespot/satchell-hdmi-360-just-experimentation-227705.php

"Existing" and getting to retail are two totally different things. It exists in an MS lab somewhere. That's it.