Thanks Nintendon't! Rune Factory 4 cancelled in Europe

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

http://www.ricedigital.co.uk/rune-factory-4-cancelled-europe/

Well that's pretty shitty.

"MarvelousAQL Europe today announced that Rune Factory 4 – the Harvest Moon / Fantasy RPG hybrid from Neverland – has been cancelled in Europe. Announced last year for a ‘Spring’ release, it’s been pretty quiet on the news front – and there’s been much speculation as to the future of the release.

While no mention has been given as to why Rune Factory 4 will not be coming out – it’s a pretty safe bet to suggest it’s down to the closure of developer Neverland Co – who filed for bankruptcy late last year."

Bummer for people who were expecting this game, which actually was a lot of people.

BUT BLAB, WHAT DOES NINTENDON'T HAVE TO DO WITH THIS? WHY THROW THE HOUSE OF MARIO UNDER THE BUS?

Well, let's look at some of those comments, shall we?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Kaishou5 hours ago

"And this is why region locking shouldn't exist."

brostar5 hours ago

"Well **** you Nintendo. If it wasn't for your (explicit) region locking I could still have a chance to play this."

JMaster30004 hours ago

"Guess i gotta burn villages to see a fucking Rune Factory game in Europe.

Fucking worst news i heard in the past 2 months."

Yuuki3 hours ago

"this is it, next time i can i will fucking hack the damn 3ds, screw it."

@johnnycbadde2 hours ago

"Screw region locking, seriously. and where's SMT IV while we're at it Atlus?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Obviously, people actually want this game, despite this not affecting you. What's the point of "The Year of the 3DS" if the overrated system doesn't release one of its actually great games in Europe (SMT IV)? What's the point if fans in Europe want a game like this, but out of Nintendo's sheer stupidity, they region lock the system?

Another strike against this overrated system. Too bad it'll keep selling to the kiddies and Nintendo will think these policies are alright.

Disgusting.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts

Yeah, Europe....that continent is at the wrong end of the stick when it comes to game localizations, with America in the middle of the stick.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

How big are the sales of games like Rune Factory in Europe?

The Market might just be too small for them.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

Region locking sucks.

Can't believe they pulled that with the 3DS.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

This. "A lot of people" my ass. No doubt a lack of localization sucks and the region locking sucks, but come on now. Rune Factory was never even popular.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

This sucks.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Blabadon

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's not the matter of sales, the developer is already bankrupt - it's the region locking that rears its ugly head again.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts

@SonicNextGen2: its getting better. NOE are doing a great job getting games as close to the US launch as possible or even before.

we got xenoblade, bravely default, last story and pandoras tower first for example. not bad. more of that NOE...legends. on a side note nintendo need to let NOE go dev shopping.

on topic.

its unfortunate the developer went bust. surely the publisher would have access to the source code and could get someone else to translate it. i was looking forward to it..would have been my first game for 2014 :(.

is there a good DS or vita version of a game in the series i could dig up? i have never played a game in the series.

on the issue of region locking it is indeed right and proper that people are angry at it. nintendos older handhelds were praised for the region free gaming. why did they implement it for the DSi (i think games bought in the DSi shop were region locked) and 3DS? i doubt 3rd parties demanded it since every other platform is region free.

sadly i suspect nintendo will continue this practice :(.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#10  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Go complain to Marvelous too.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I like the 3DS but do dislike region locking. So far there is nothing I care to import but I'm sure it will happen eventually and there will be no point.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

@LegatoSkyheart said:

I just don't see what Nintendo could possibly have to lose by placing the game on the eshop.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

Yep, region locking sucks.

But the 3DS is still better than the Vita. Stay salty, Blab.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

That really sucks, the game was great. It's competing with animal crossing though. But animal crossing beats it in popularity by a land slide.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LegatoSkyheart

@Blabadon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

It's not the matter of sales, the developer is already bankrupt - it's the region locking that rears its ugly head again.

Region Locking does suck yes, sorry that you have to import the console now instead just the game.

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

Are we talking about region locking here? If yes then I'd like to hate on Nintendo for this as well...
Stupid idiots still do practice region locking in 2014. The only damn company out of 3 that does that. Shame on you Nintendo.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

Wait, Never....closed..

So does that mean there will be no more Rune Factory?

Well i suppose I never really needed my 3DS anyway time to trade it in.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Blabadon

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@Blabadon said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Region Locking does suck yes, sorry that you have to import the console now instead just the game.

Luckily enough I can play the game (live in the US). Troll part of this thread aside, the region locking is an incredibly shitty move on Ninty's part that I really hate. I feel bad for fans.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Region locking does suck.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blabadon

@DarkLink77 said:

I play more 3DS games than you and have a Vita.

If salt = more games = being able to leave impressions on a gaming forum = I am incredibly salty.

Get salty you pleb.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LegatoSkyheart

@Blabadon said:

Luckily enough I can play the game (live in the US). Troll part of this thread aside, the region locking is an incredibly shitty move on Ninty's part that I really hate. I feel bad for fans.

It is true. Whoever decided that Nintendo Handhelds should be region locked starting with the 3DS should be fired.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DarkLink77

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

If salt = more games = being able to leave impressions on a gaming forum = I am incredibly salty.

Get salty you pleb.

Oh, yeah? And you know this how?

And you even admitted that most of the best Vita games are multiplats. I'm sorry I played Hotline Miami two years ago on a superior system. Get salty, Vita pleb.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blabadon

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Get salty you pleb.

And you even admitted that most of the best Vita games are multiplats. I'm sorry I played Hotline Miami two years ago on a superior system. Get salty, Vita pleb.

Because I'm not wrong.

And yeah, if an incredible game is on a system, how am I not to say it's better than a game that's an exclusive? If Starcraft was on the 3DS, would you cry Bloody Mary that the best 3DS game was multiplat?

I understand where this is coming from: a lack of experience. It's okay bro. We'll wait for you to catch up.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DarkLink77

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Get salty you pleb.

Because I'm not wrong.

And yeah, if an incredible game is on a system, how am I not to say it's better than a game that's an exclusive? If Starcraft was on the 3DS, would you cry Bloody Mary that the best 3DS game was multiplat?

I understand where this is coming from: a lack of experience. It's okay bro. We'll wait for you to catch up.

Yeah, great argument there, son. "Because I'm nor wrong." Top tier debating.

Well, StarCraft on the 3DS would suck. Likewise, Hotline Miami isn't as good on a pad as it is on a mouse and keyboard. So yeah, it makes a difference.

Yo, enjoy having 1-2 good games to play a year. I'll enjoy having every other machine in existence, and all of the games that come with them.

I'm just kidding, Blab. On the real, region locking does suck and it sucks for European fans who can't play it without cracking their 3DS or importing a system. As for the Vita, I genuinely hope it gets more good games. It's a good system. I just like throwing get salty around.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#26 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

Because not releasing games is good. Really Nintendo? Why not making a limited release? That way you could make money and not piss fans. Also Region lock is utter BS. We want to pay for our games. We want to play games. Don't tell us that this helps piracy in some way. The only thing that you are preventing is getting an original game from somewhere else.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Blabadon

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Get salty you pleb.

Because I'm not wrong.

Well, StarCraft on the 3DS would suck. Likewise, Hotline Miami isn't as good on a pad as it is on a mouse and keyboard. So yeah, it makes a difference.

Yo, enjoy having 1-2 good games to play a year. I'll enjoy having every other machine in existence, and all of the games that come with them.

Here's a few skirts

Edit: I still maintain the skirts are beautiful

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Blabadon

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Get salty you pleb.

Because I'm not wrong.

I'm just kidding, Blab. On the real, region locking does suck and it sucks for European fans who can't play it without cracking their 3DS or importing a system. As for the Vita, I genuinely hope it gets more good games. It's a good system. I just like throwing get salty around.

Oh damn you man, I was Steam Chatting with Char on how to get this shit going. Was hoping for the good ol' "Is Uncharted Drake's Fortune the GOTG?" days.

Ultra lame.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By DarkLink77

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

@Blabadon said:

@DarkLink77 said:

Get salty you pleb.

Because I'm not wrong.

Great quoting there. I wrote "not," not "nor."

^So that's what being unable to prove one is correct feels like, thus that one must go for the quality of the debate rather than the debate itself. Hmmm...^

Also lol at skirting around what I said again man. That ain't the old you. If a great multiplat is a great multiplat and is better than an exclusive, who am I to give the exclusive a higher spot on the list? A great game's a great game.

1-2 good games a year? Dawg, the Vita had more games above a 75 Metacritic than the 3DS last year. You're a reviewer, stay on top of your industry bro! And that's incredibly stupid of you to say man. I didn't know a Vita, a 3DS (that I own more games on than you), a 360, a PS3, and an admittedly meh laptop only has 1-2 good games a year man. That's really quite a bummer you ran out of things to say.

Here's a few skirts for all your skirting around the debate yo. Shame on y'all

Yes, typos do happen when two keys are next to one another. Congratulations on figuring that out.

Ironic considering that you haven't backed up your initial claim with anything other than "I own more games than you." No proof, just a claim.

I ain't skirting around shit. Your analogy is flawed. StarCraft on a handheld would be awful because you don't have the means to control the game properly. It would be unplayable on the 3DS. Hotline doesn't work as well on a pad. That's all I'm saying. Believe me, I tried it. Is it still an awesome game? Sure. But when a major selling point is something that can be played better on another system, for less money, it isn't much of a selling point. Sell me on a Vita, brah. I believe in you.

Clearly talking about the Vita there, which is pretty much all you talk about lately. When did you go full handheld?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#30 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@curono said:

Because not releasing games is good. Really Nintendo? Why not making a limited release? That way you could make money and not piss fans. Also Region lock is utter BS. We want to pay for our games. We want to play games. Don't tell us that this helps piracy in some way. The only thing that you are preventing is getting an original game from somewhere else.

How can Nintendo make this a limited release if they don't own the IP and the developer is gone?

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

Region locked?! WTF. I thought we were past this. Nintendo fails once again.

Avatar image for TrappedInABox91
TrappedInABox91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 TrappedInABox91
Member since 2013 • 1483 Posts

Its probably because Neverland Co. went under just after the game came out. Don't know for sure considering MAQL isn't telling us why it isn't coming out there.

Region locking is stupid, but it has nothing to do with why the game isn't coming to EU. I guess you gonna buy a NA 3DS to play it there. Shitty news.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

So glad vita doesn't have region locking. I'm getting j star as soon as it's released!

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Lol Nintendo!

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Region locking sucks and the Vita sucks.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

I still never got to play Trauma Team on the Wii :(

Freaking region locking...

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Buy something besides annual sports and shooter rehashes for **** sake. Blaming Nintendo is stupid.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Region locking does suck, but so does the Red Wings(Why else have the switch conferences :P). Blackhawks forever!

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

Are you suprised... such an obscure niche game which only a handful of you buy.

that being said, yet more bad decisions by nintendo (region locking) .... GET OUT OF THE CONSOLE HARDWARE BUSINESS YOU SUCK.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

Buy something besides annual sports and shooter rehashes for **** sake. Blaming Nintendo is stupid.

I bought every Trauma Center game and still don't get Trauma Team :(

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#41 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Nintendont still living like it's the 90s.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
@Bigboi500 said:

I love how nothing you said correlates with Blab's op.

Flawless pointlessness.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bigboi500

@jg4xchamp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Flawless pointlessness.

Region locking isn't to blame for Neverland going out of business, sales of shitty games and gamers with shitty taste are.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Flawless pointlessness.

Region locking isn't to blame for Neverland going out of business, sales of shitty games and gamers with shitty taste are.

At no point did he blame Nintendo for a company going out of business, nor did their "lack of success" have anything to do with alleged poor taste. Ignoring the fact that plenty of other niche stuff has thrived in the modern market that aren't fps games, also on the 3DS, that much is on neverland.

But the inability for the european market to experience a game that was for all intents and purposes localized for awhile now is entirely on Nintendo's region lock and how they handle their online store.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

Next thing that might happen is Monster Hunter 4 released on Europe and not in NA as payback. :[

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Bigboi500

@jg4xchamp said:

@Bigboi500 said:

@jg4xchamp said:
@Bigboi500 said:

Flawless pointlessness.

At no point did he blame Nintendo for a company going out of business, nor did their "lack of success" have anything to do with alleged poor taste. Ignoring the fact that plenty of other niche stuff has thrived in the modern market that aren't fps games, also on the 3DS, that much is on neverland.

But the inability for the european market to experience a game that was for all intents and purposes localized for awhile now is entirely on Nintendo's region lock and how they handle their online store.

The game could have been readily available over there, but would it have sold? Signs point to no if it doesn't say Call of Duty or Fifa on the cover.

It's getting to where only those kinds of games stay in the top twenty for more than two weeks in a row. I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese companies not named Capcom stopped localizing games for the Western markets all together before the end of the generation, even on handhelds.

Gamers have no one to blame but themselves for stuff like this happening. They wont buy the games but they'll still bitch about companies not selling them anyway.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jg4xchamp

@Bigboi500 said:

The game could have been readily available over there, but would it have sold? Signs point to no if it doesn't say Call of Duty or Fifa on the cover.

It's getting to where only those kinds of games stay in the top twenty for more than two weeks in a row. I wouldn't be surprised if Japanese companies not named Capcom stopped localizing games for the Western markets all together before the end of the generation, even on handhelds.

Gamers have no one to blame but themselves for stuff like this happening. They wont buy the games but they'll still bitch about companies not selling them anyway.

Atlus has thrived while not making a FPS or Fifa, same with From Software. Same with platinum. Same with Capcom. Same with Bethesda. Same with a shit load of indie games.

Japanese companies can't bitch about consumers lack of interest. At some point that's on them. And again none of this overrules the fact that the european gamers that did want to play the game can't because of a region lock and how nintendo handles their e-shop. Generalizations aren't a valid debate point, they are excuses for ineptitude.