Tetris Effect coming to PC as an Epic store exclusive

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (24363 posts) -

Damn, Sony loses an exclusive!!!

https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/16/20695743/tetris-effect-pc-release-date-price-epic

Will this suddenly be considered a great game now? Oh wait.. it's exclusive to Epic...

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#2 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3351 posts) -

I just bought this game on PS4 a little while ago. It’s a good thing I think the game is amazing, or the double dip would have pissed me off a little

#3 Edited by Subspecies (679 posts) -

Play it in VR and realize what you're missing. Awesome game.

#4 Edited by DaVillain- (37543 posts) -

Tetris Effect is amazing, played it on my PS4 and it was awesome! I won't rebuying it on PC. If it were Tetris 99, I be all over it.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (34368 posts) -

Don't care game, not support shitty practice.

#6 Posted by gameofthering (11275 posts) -

Now that's two games I wanted that Epic got exclusive to their store :(

I won't give in though!

#7 Edited by Litchie (24140 posts) -

Another game taken hostage. In order to play it you have to give money to assholes. No siree bob.

If anything, "yarr, mateys!".

#8 Posted by ProtossRushX (5631 posts) -

Is valve gonna do anything about this crap soon?

#9 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

Epic is turning into the Manchester City of gaming with all the money they're throwing around to win.

#10 Posted by DaVillain- (37543 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

Epic is turning into the Manchester City of gaming with all the money they're throwing around to win.

Everyday, we see more members of the PC Master Race heading towards the Epic Game Store with open arms, it's common sense, Steam won't be around for long, Gabe N. only cares about fooling around with money while Steam is a sinking ship, good to see Epic Games bringing more quality titles to the superior platform. Another victory for PC gamers around the world!

Said no one ever.

#11 Edited by lundy86_4 (53634 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

Gold.

OT: That's shitty. I'd rather PS4 actually keep the exclusive.

#12 Posted by xantufrog (11615 posts) -

@mandzilla: if you're not a Manc, you're a wank?

#13 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@davillain-: Thank goodness for the spoiler, I was just about to ask who are you and what have you done with the real @Davillain haha.

#14 Posted by SaltSlasher (1241 posts) -

Seriously, nothing exclusive stays exclusive on PS4.

#15 Posted by VFighter (5123 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: Is it VR only or can I play it without VR? I picked it up awhile back at gamestop and the lady told me it was VR only so I put it back.

#16 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Yeah you're right, shitty practices for sure. I'll bet this would have been a big hit on Steam with all the PC folks who have invested heavily in VR.

#17 Posted by XVision84 (16328 posts) -

Not into Tetris but it's good that many people are enjoying the game. Epic is another story.

#18 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@xantufrog: Lol that's what they say! I read that post in Vinnie Jones' voice à la Euro Trip. :P

#19 Posted by lundy86_4 (53634 posts) -

@mandzilla: Yeah, it seems so. I guess I can't blame devs for jumping on that money-wagon, but i've worked in finance for over 10 years and that initial payout better be hefty.

#20 Posted by mandzilla (4154 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I'd have more respect for Epic if they developed superior features or made their own exclusives to take on Steam. Instead, they just opt to open the cheque book buy exclusivity on stuff heading over from consoles.

Not such an inspired strategy, but like you pointed out it's probably effective nonetheless.

#21 Posted by DaVillain- (37543 posts) -

@mandzilla: I couldn't help myself XD

#22 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

Would someone please send Sony the definition of "exclusive"? I'm beginning to think they don't understand what the concept means.

And, to be honest, this is one game I would have preferred stay a Sony exclusive. Sony is slowly losing its good exclusives.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#23 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3351 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@goldenelementxl: Is it VR only or can I play it without VR? I picked it up awhile back at gamestop and the lady told me it was VR only so I put it back.

It's not VR only. I've only played it on a TV so far. Gamestop and Best Buy employees are the worst...

#24 Edited by KungfuKitten (26743 posts) -

I'll wait until it becomes unexclusive/Epic allows user reviews and stops weird regional pricing.

#25 Edited by KungfuKitten (26743 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@lundy86_4: Yeah you're right, shitty practices for sure. I'll bet this would have been a big hit on Steam with all the PC folks who have invested heavily in VR.

For sure. I would have bought it without question. Been waiting for the PC version. But I can wait indefinitely, if that's how they want it.

I could have seen them sell more on PC than PS4, because of low system requirements and a recognisable type of game/name. I doubt they're going to hit 10% of that sales target now. But Epic probably paid them real good, so.

#26 Posted by PC_Rocks (2556 posts) -

Weird for a Japanese game to be Epic exclusive.

#28 Posted by LuxuryHeart (1039 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:
@mandzilla said:

Gold.

OT: That's shitty. I'd rather PS4 actually keep the exclusive.

PC gamers shouldn't get to enjoy it because it's on an Epic. Epic is going to take over the world through Tencent!

LOL. PC gamers continue to be a joke. I'm sure people who game on Epic will appreciate this game, while Steam loyalists stay salty and mad.

#29 Posted by DaVillain- (37543 posts) -

@luxuryheart: Jokes on you because I already played Tetris Effect on PS4 and not in the mood to double-dip either. But of course, if Epic were to have Tetris 99, it'll be different.

#30 Posted by lundy86_4 (53634 posts) -

@luxuryheart said:

PC gamers shouldn't get to enjoy it because it's on an Epic. Epic is going to take over the world through Tencent!

LOL. PC gamers continue to be a joke. I'm sure people who game on Epic will appreciate this game, while Steam loyalists stay salty and mad.

That was a joke dude. If people wanna use Epic, that's on them. Personally, I won't.

#31 Posted by BaelNergal (570 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Weird for a Japanese game to be Epic exclusive.

It's not that weird. There's a number of Japanese developers and publishers that are beyond irritated at Valve over a number of issues.

If Epic continues to thrive as it has been, we may start seeing Steam become increasingly a pure indie publishing platform as the big name developers jump ship.

#32 Posted by ButDuuude (1394 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: It is a timed exclusive.

#33 Edited by danjammer69 (4320 posts) -

I could care less about PS4 losing the game. I do care about Epic getting it exclusively on their store though.

#34 Posted by Vaeh (538 posts) -

The masterrace strikes again. One minute silence for those thought this was a PS4 exclusive.