Tester Season 1 winner destroys Sony

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Link

"That being said, you have to question the priorities of the company as a whole - What the point of AdHoc multiplayer when no one has a Vita?"

"This is all being said, because I genuinely like and care about the PS product, but they're being hamstrung from success internally."

"Sony in general is serving too many masters. Each company should operate autonomously. PlayStation shouldn't suffer b/c TVs are overpriced."

"You have to wonder what the hell PlayStation was thinking laying off more than half of their software PR team going into the holiday season"

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts
The Tester is a stupid money loss for Sony.
madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18255 Posts

...Who?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Now no one will hire him because of what he said to his first work.. did he even think before saying all this?

The PR department havent done anything to Sony over the past years really so idk why he so mad of getting the PR staff laidoff

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

Wow that's just sad.So sony is going to let all those games die.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

he got fired and now he is venting. And like someone in the comment section at Kotaku said, with this childish attitude the guy will have it hard to find a new job.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Gue1

Wow that's just sad.So sony is going to let all those games die.

super600

because for the past years Sony has had such an awesome PR right? Beside the Kevin Butler thingwhen the first PS3 Slim came out nothing else has been close to being "decent".

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

His 15 minutes are almost up. Why he entered into the PR branch instead of development is on him. That's usually the first to get cut from any company when times are hard...which is better for gamers as I hate when people lose jobs, but I would rather PR go down first than even more studios from ANY company.

Enough studios have died this generation in the rough economic waters and highly competitive environment.

Some of the other testers are working with Media Molecule (LBP 1/2, upcoming new IP) and Santa Monica (God of War, bits of Journey and other games).

If he is interested in other companies and working PR, he also just dun goof'd as opportunities are now going to shrink as companies can see what happens when he is let go. I would certainly be apprensive to hire him now after reading this.

As far as Sony is concerned, they are in rough territory, but they have a new captain and this is the new direction of the ship. Hopefully it's a good one, but it takes time to see.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

Now no one will hire him because of what he said to his first work.. did he even think before saying all this?

The PR department havent done anything to Sony over the past years really so idk why he so mad of getting the PR staff laidoff

finalstar2007
what about Kevin Buttler?
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Guy loses job and rants about his former employers, sounds about normal to me.

Every big company out there does something bad for their employees and you always hear about ex-workers giving out about them. We all already kinda know a lot of sh!t goes on behind the scenes for a lot of companies, but it's not our problem. We don't work there.

Dude will find it very hard to get a job in the same department somewhere else now.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sushiglutton  Online
Member since 2009 • 9872 Posts
Not very smart of him to rant like that, even though I can understand he's frustrated. I have no idea how large Sonys PR department is/should be, so it's hard to discuss the things he said.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
bu bu but sony never fires or lays people off... now we have a whole new round of lay offs over the lasr 10k.....also he won tester and got a job or already had a job at sony and won tester.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

His 15 minutes are almost up. Why he entered into the PR branch instead of development is on him. That's usually the first to get cut from any company when times are hard...which is better for gamers as I hate when people lose jobs, but I would rather PR go down first than even more studios from ANY company.

Enough studios have died this generation in the rough economic waters and highly competitive environment.

Some of the other testers are working with Media Molecule (LBP 1/2, upcoming new IP) and Santa Monica (God of War, bits of Journey and other games).

If he is interested in other companies and working PR, he also just dun goof'd as opportunities are now going to shrink as companies can see what happens when he is let go. I would certainly be apprensive to hire him now after reading this.

As far as Sony is concerned, they are in rough territory, but they have a new captain and this is the new direction of the ship. Hopefully it's a good one, but it takes time to see.

SolidTy
I frankly am apprehensive at the thought of you having any hiring responsibilities at any company its a sure sign that company is going under.
senses_fail_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 senses_fail_06
Member since 2006 • 7033 Posts
Who is this tool and why should I care what he thinks?
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SolidTy

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

WilliamRLBaker

I frankly am apprehensive at the thought of you having any hiring responsibilities at any company its a sure sign that company is going under.

WilliamRLBaker! :lol:

I have to be honest, I wouldn't have you posting any other way. If you agreed with my post, I would probably have to rethink my entire life's direction and philosophy. Thank the gods for your words. Your posts always lets me know I'm on the right track, so please keep that apprehension. ;) :P We have very little in common, and no offense, but you don't seem very ambitious, so you probably wouldn't make the cut, although to be fair I don't have your resume in front of me. I don't even think we use the same tailors, and you certainly don't have the right look, but I would overlook that if you had amazing references and credentials, despite your posting styIe in SW... :cool:

I'm glad I don't tell SW what I do for a living, but then again, I won't be visiting Indiana or the breadbasket states anytime soon to drop by and feed your chickens or trim your ZZ Top Beard, lol. I also push my employees to be number one since before or around the time Gamespot.com started reviewing consoles, which may suck for some lazy employees, but those very same employees make more than others in their position. Another note, I don't keep around lazy employees too long, so fair warning.

My outlook is if you are going to clock in and work, you may as well come in with a kick ass Attitude and ready to light the world on fire with enthusiasm. You did the hard part, you arrived. The easy part is to just do a kick ass job, otherwise why even bother coming in? You may as well make it count for something. Why bother coming in? If it's for just the paycheck, you won't last long with me. I'm not sure you would fit in with that kind of higher stress competitive environment, but you could be a cool guy to see at parties perhaps.

------

EDIT : I looked at my first post after dropping my reply to see what part of my post was the "inspiration" for your, for lack of better words, misfired-jab. It's humorous that you took my rather bland comment in this thread regarding no one from SW, and decided to go ad hominem...I guess you have no other material. That usually is a sign that you've already been defeated, and I've heard, it's a sign of rather small organs.

I'm not sure though if the "already been defeated" thing is true, but the "small organ part" I'm pretty convinced is valid in your case. :lol:

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

bu bu but sony never fires or lays people off... WilliamRLBaker

lolwut who the hell said this Willy?

CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

Anyone seen the Tester season 3? The only reason anyone watched it was because of Egoraptor. When he got voted off, all the following videos had 99% dislikes. It's pretty funny.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidTy

Anyone seen the Tester season 3? The only reason anyone watched it was because of Egoraptor. When he got voted off, all the following videos had 99% dislikes. It's pretty funny.

CooperThief

I saw all three seasons, since they were free on PSN. He didn't last as long as I thought he would.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22794 Posts
How come no one is actually talking about what he said?
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

[QUOTE="CooperThief"]

SolidTy

I saw all three seasons, since they were free on PSN. He didn't last as long as I thought he would.

The reason he got voted off was pretty ridiculous.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
Boy.... it sure has been a day full of SONY/PS hate, doom, and gloom on this board... I guess we are going back to how SW was durring November 2011-February 2012
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]bu bu but sony never fires or lays people off... Obviously_Right

nobody, he's always making up stuff just to make Sony and cows look bad. He's one of the oldest remaining Lem Troll on this site. Nothing but anti-PS comments all day long 7 days a week
Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gue1

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]bu bu but sony never fires or lays people off... Nengo_Flow

nobody, he's always making up stuff just to make Sony and cows look bad. He's one of the oldest remaining Lem Troll on this site. Nothing but anti-PS comments all day long 7 days a week

on the N4G forums people still call him "General Xbot" and not to mention his side-kick "Bloodmask". They both became famous for being the biggest Xbox fanboys all over the internets during the dark days of the $600 PS3. XD

A few months ago someone made a thread in honor of the biggest Xbox supporters that went MIA after N4G became Sony's Central and his name was one of the first to be mentioned. Baker really left a mark on that site, even after all these years people still remembers him, no wonder he hasn't come back. lol

AdamPA1006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AdamPA1006
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Yeah he is one of the worst most biased posters I have seen on SW

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

scarjo_popcorn.gif

oh snap!

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts
Its true, nobody has a vita
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Nengo_Flow

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"][QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Gue1

on the N4G forums people still call him "General Xbot" and not to mention his side-kick "Bloodmask". They both became famous for being the biggest Xbox fanboys all over the internets during the dark days of the $600 PS3. XD

A few months ago someone made a thread in honor of the biggest Xbox supporters that went MIA after N4G became Sony's Central and his name was one of the first to be mentioned. Baker really left a mark on that site, even after all these years people still remembers him, no wonder he hasn't come back. lol

He to a break from here too some months ago when people here started making fun of him by posting that pic of a baby crying with a red beard
Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12333 Posts
Is their really anything that needs to said ? No one here knows anything about SCE's internal business. People always leave unhappy and with many companies nowadays, a real reason is barely ever given to you. The only comment I can give is in response to "Each company should operate autonomously" ....... well, thats going against Hirai's "One Sony" initiative and if I had to bet on the next move, its that Hirai unifies Sony's tech PR team's.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
1. lol the tester 2. lol sony pr 3. lol butthurt worker(ex)
TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="CooperThief"]

CooperThief

The reason he got voted off was pretty ridiculous.

I also very much agree with his views on gaming. Show's pretty bad, though-- actually really bad, who thought of it?