Test Post Please Ignore (We Haz Lounge)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#101 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

>proper MGS that doesn't waste people's time

>MGS2

You literally sit through like a 20 minute cutscene with some black dude, that is nothing more than Kojima going "look at all this military shit I know".

In Kojima's defense, he knows a lot. He predicted that fake news would be used to control people. Dude is a prophet. Have there been any "oil spills" around New York lately?

*ahem* have you read Orwell's 1984?

#102 Posted by Desmonic (19933 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

>MGS2

You literally sit through like a 20 minute cutscene with some black dude, that is nothing more than Kojima going "look at all this military shit I know".

Still better than MGSV :P

#103 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@mems_1224 said:
@jg4xchamp said:

>MGS2

In Kojima's defense, he knows a lot. He predicted that fake news would be used to control people. Dude is a prophet. Have there been any "oil spills" around New York lately?

*ahem* have you read Orwell's 1984?

reading is for children.

#104 Edited by AnthonyAutumns (1553 posts) -

@Desmonic: Final Fantasy 10... Highest rated FF... WTF man?

Tidus was like Hope v1.0

#105 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

reading is for children.

*twitches*

#106 Posted by Desmonic (19933 posts) -

@anthonyautumns: Wut.

#107 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@anthonyautumns: Wut.

He's right tho

#108 Posted by Desmonic (19933 posts) -

@charizard1605: I'm just not following the conversation. Like.......wut.

#109 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@Desmonic: I mean banana pizza

#110 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:

Okay, how about this- an oreo pizza

#111 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

America does that already Char ...

#112 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@blue_hazy_basic said:
@charizard1605 said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

#113 Posted by Desmonic (19933 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:
@charizard1605 said:
@blue_hazy_basic said:

Ewww. Ewww to literally ALL of that.

#114 Edited by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

It's probably a desert 'Pizza'. Had several that arent the savory kind.

Cheese is replaced with melted chocolate topping. Common toppings include: cereal bits, cookies/biscuit, fruits, marshmallow, hazelnut/macadamia/pistachio, cream (or Ice cream/gelato served on the side) or syrup.

Had it with a really thin crust, almost pastry like. It's baked/woodfired to keep the chocolate molten and eaten that way. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and the chocolate would harden, be eaten that way which carries a different texture and it's just as good.

#115 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

Cheese is replaced with melted chocolate topping. Common toppings include: cereal bits, cookies/biscuit, fruits, marshmallow, hazelnut/macadamia/pistachio, cream (or Ice cream/gelato served on the side) or syrup.

It's baked/woodfired to keep the chocolate molten, eaten that way. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and the chocolate would harden, be eaten that way which carries a different texture and it's just as good.

What the f*ck is wrong with some people

#116 Edited by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

I dunno?

Maybe that's why we're still posting in System Wars?

#117 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:
@charizard1605 said:

I dunno?

Maybe that's why we're still posting in System Wars?

You may be on to something.

#118 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@ConanTheStoner: Pffffft. Everyone knows MGS2 is the best game bruh. Do you even MGS? :v

lol

I actually love MGS2. It would be no exaggeration to say I've played it dozens of times. The gameplay is air tight and I even enjoyed the story for what it was, before it got retconned to death via MGS4 shitting all over it. For better or worse, MGS2 was pure unfiltered Kojima.

But yeah, the narrative to gameplay ratio is pretty damn lopsided. Not really much of a gripe though since the game is packed with replay value.

MGS2, MGS3, and MGSV are the holy MGS trinity to me. You dudes already know how I feel about MGS4 lol. What you may not know is that (sacrilege warning) I'm actually not that big on MGS1. I don't think it's bad, I just think it's one of those "for its time!" games. Nostalgia aside, I just think it's alright. I actually enjoyed Ground Zeroes more than MGS1 and MGS4 lol.

#119 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@Desmonic said:

@ConanTheStoner: Pffffft. Everyone knows MGS2 is the best game bruh. Do you even MGS? :v

MGS2, MGS3, and MGSV are the holy MGS trinity to me. You dudes already know how I feel about MGS4 lol. What you may not know is that (sacrilege warning) I'm actually not that big on MGS1. I don't think it's bad, I just think it's one of those "for its time!" games. Nostalgia aside, I just think it's alright. I actually enjoyed Ground Zeroes more than MGS1 and MGS4 lol.

No, this sounds about right. I played it again in 2015. It's just... rough. Like, alright, I get it will have some jank, but it's too simplistic to really get into at this point. Basically plays like a 3D version of MG2, without any actual utilization of the 3D.

Still an alright game, and arguably the purest execution of Kojima's vision before he went fucking batshit insane.

#120 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@verbtex said:

Do you guys remember when lounges had standards?

Pepperidge Farms and verbtex remember. :(.

But in all reality, I like the break from the normal.

You never posted mah lounge bruh. :(

I even gave you credits in my OP.

#121 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

No, this sounds about right. I played it again in 2015. It's just... rough. Like, alright, I get it will have some jank, but it's too simplistic to really get into at this point. Basically plays like a 3D version of MG2, without any actual utilization of the 3D.

Still an alright game, and arguably the purest execution of Kojima's vision before he went fucking batshit insane.

Pretty much. For a Kojima game, it has some good things going for it. An atmosphere that still holds up today. A story that doesn't jump the shark every 5 feet or take itself too seriously. Some good characters. No real bloat to speak of regarding story or gameplay.

But yeah, the simplicity. The only advantage there, is that there is some legit challenge due to having limited tools and options. But from MGS2 on, the series introduced much more freedom and even before MGSV, they felt like scaled down stealth sandboxes. It made the games easier to simply beat, sure, but it injected a nice wow factor to experimenting, and shot replay value up big time. And if you wanted to go pure stealth, the challenge was still there.

I know the "stealth Pacman" knock is kind of a lazy one, but sometimes MGS1 really feels that way lol.

#122 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@charizard1605 said:

Pretty much. For a Kojima game, it has some good things going for it. An atmosphere that still holds up today. A story that doesn't jump the shark every 5 feet or take itself too seriously. Some good characters. No real bloat to speak of regarding story or gameplay.

But yeah, the simplicity. The only advantage there, is that there is some legit challenge due to having limited tools and options. But from MGS2 on, the series introduced much more freedom and even before MGSV, they felt like scaled down stealth sandboxes. It made the games easier to simply beat, sure, but it injected a nice wow factor to experimenting, and shot replay value up big time. And if you wanted to go pure stealth, the challenge was still there.

I know the "stealth Pacman" knock is kind of a lazy one, but sometimes MGS1 really feels that way lol.

Stealth pacman is actually the perfect way to describe MGS1, yeah. Which has its own charm, sure, but it's not something I can do for too long at a time. Like, the game takes 5 hours or so to beat, and I still took forever to go through it because it got trite way too fast.

Man, I really need to play MGSV, that is a game I would love... but I don't have the time anymore...

#123 Edited by Desmonic (19933 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: No, yeah MGS1 definitely needs a proper update. It unfortunately got stuck in that "super early 3D console games" era, which do weird stuff (versus our now current standards) and just don't age gracefully at all (unlike say, MGS2 + 3 which honestly didn't feel all that different in the HD collection, minus image quality and sharper graphics). In fact, using the current MGSV engine would be an easy cash-in for Konami. There is some stuff that would be hard to adapt in there, but it already being mostly 3D helps a bit (plus after the tease in MGS4 I just want the real deal).

Of course Konami decided that Metal Gear Zombies was the way to go......*sigh*

#124 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:
@illmatic87 said:

It's baked/woodfired to keep the chocolate molten, eaten that way. Leftovers can be kept in the fridge and the chocolate would harden, be eaten that way which carries a different texture and it's just as good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMccGYqA0kY yup

#125 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -
@blue_hazy_basic said:
@charizard1605 said:
@illmatic87 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMccGYqA0kY yup

You all fucking deserve Donald Trump

#126 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (30830 posts) -

@charizard1605: Lolz

#127 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Man, I really need to play MGSV, that is a game I would love... but I don't have the time anymore...

Yeah, you don't want to play it on a rushed schedule. When the game first dropped I was buried in work and it just wasn't enjoyable in short bursts. It's the kind of game you want to play for at least 3-5 hours at a time. You never feel like you're at a good stopping point because there are dozens of things vying for your attention at any given time. Kinda like Peace Walker, but on a much more ridiculous scale lol.

@Desmonic said:

@ConanTheStoner: No, yeah MGS1 definitely needs a proper update. It unfortunately got stuck in that "super early 3D console games" era, which do weird stuff (versus our now current standards) and just don't age gracefully at all (unlike say, MGS2 + 3 which honestly didn't feel all that different in the HD collection, minus image quality and sharper graphics). In fact, using the current MGSV engine would be an easy cash-in for Konami. There is some stuff that would be hard to adapt in there, but it already being mostly 3D helps a bit (plus after the tease in MGS4 I just want the real deal).

Of course Konami decided that Metal Gear Zombies was the way to go......*sigh*

Hell yeah, I'd be happy with a proper Fox Engine remake of MGS1. Any of the first 3 games tbh, but MGS1 would easily see the most benefit. Though I'd want it to be a true remake, not just a Twin Snakes scenario. I'd want to see Shadow Moses expanded into something far more intricate and see the boss fights reworked to reflect the modern mechanics. Would be cool as hell!

But yeah, honestly, I'm not even sure if Konami can faithfully pull that off. Might be one of those things that's better left in the past. Or maybe they could farm it out to.... Kojima Productions! lulz

I am genuinely curious to see how Konami handles this IP moving forward. I know it'll never have the same flavor without Kojima, but hopefully they can still make good games.

#128 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: The thing with Peace Walker was that it was tuned and optimized for handheld play. I could pick it up, spend 20 minutes, put it down, and go back to it later when I got the chance. That, plus it being on a PSP (mobile devices just work better with my lifestyle, one reason I am so excited for Switch) meant I managed to get a hundred hours clocked just by playing it 20 minutes at a time.

I would honestly do that with MGSV if it was on, like, Vita or Switch or something lol. Otherwise I guess I gotta wait.

#129 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

I never thought TW101 was bad at all, but I'm enjoying it much more now than I did at release.

#130 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@charizard1605:

Thing is, you could do those bite sized missions in PW like that. Unless you already have things memorized, a mission in MGSV can easily go over an hour lol.

Yeah, I'd just wait man. MGSV may have plenty of flaws, but the mechanics and level design will never age a day. It'll be there when you're ready.

#131 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (8491 posts) -

How the **** is the Very Hard difficulty in the Nier demo even posible...

#132 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@charizard1605:

Thing is, you could do those bite sized missions in PW like that. Unless you already have things memorized, a mission in MGSV can easily go over an hour lol.

Yeah, I'd just wait man. MGSV may have plenty of flaws, but the mechanics and level design will never age a day. It'll be there when you're ready.

Yep, basically what I was saying lol. MGSV is designed as a console game. Gonna have to wait for it.

Did you play Hitman (which does lend itself well to shorter sessions)? Now that was a game I greatly enjoyed. Need to get the other episodes though...

#133 Posted by A-new-Guardian (2449 posts) -

Taking a break from the Internet due to some unfortunate events. See you all when I get back. Keep it like and kicking ya know!!

#134 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@charizard1605:

Yep, I picked it up about two weeks ago and played a good chunk of the episodes. It's good shit. It's exactly what I wanted from a Hitman game.

It's also the first new stealth game I've played since MGSV, and it was a great change of pace. MGSV may have the upper hand on mechanics and level design, but Hitman delivers the goods on mission design and variety.

I'm glad you brought it up, I need to get back on it lol.

#135 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@charizard1605:

Yep, I picked it up about two weeks ago and played a good chunk of the episodes. It's good shit. It's exactly what I wanted from a Hitman game.

It's also the first new stealth game I've played since MGSV, and it was a great change of pace. MGSV may have the upper hand on mechanics and level design, but Hitman delivers the goods on mission design and variety.

I'm glad you brought it up, I need to get back on it lol.

Yeah, it's so surprisingly good. I don't think anyone actually expected it to deliver lol.

About TW101- you playing with a different control scheme this time?

#136 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@a-new-guardian:

Sorry to hear it bro, I hope it's nothing too serious.

#137 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@a-new-guardian said:

Taking a break from the Internet due to some unfortunate events. See you all when I get back. Keep it like and kicking ya know!!

Take care! Hope it turns out okay!

#138 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, it's so surprisingly good. I don't think anyone actually expected it to deliver lol.

Yeah, I haven't played a Hitman game since Blood Money and the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was Contracts. I certainly wasn't expecting this. And waiting for all the episodes in a bundle worked out perfectly.

I'm still rolling with the default controls on the gamepad for TW101.

Also, random note, but where the FVCK is a new Splinter Cell? Blacklist was actually good, but it's been over 3 years now. I'm not usually a sequel beggar, but when it comes to stealth games and beat em ups, it's always slim pickings. I need more of that Splinter Cell brand of stealth.

#139 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@charizard1605 said:

Yeah, I haven't played a Hitman game since Blood Money and the last one I thoroughly enjoyed was Contracts. I certainly wasn't expecting this. And waiting for all the episodes in a bundle worked out perfectly.

I'm still rolling with the default controls on the gamepad for TW101.

Also, random note, but where the FVCK is a new Splinter Cell? Blacklist was actually good, but it's been over 3 years now. I'm not usually a sequel beggar, but when it comes to stealth games and beat em ups, it's always slim pickings. I need more of that Splinter Cell brand of stealth.

Right. I've heard changing controls can make TW101 work better for some people, so I was wondering if that was the case with you here lol

And I am sure it will be coming as soon as Ubisoft figure out how to make it open world with towers to unlock the map. Top kek ;__;

#140 Posted by uninspiredcup (26104 posts) -

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is pretty good. Been sitting collecting dust all those years.

#141 Posted by Altivera (101 posts) -

Can someone fill me in on anything important while I was gone.

#142 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -
@charizard1605 said:

Right. I've heard changing controls can make TW101 work better for some people, so I was wondering if that was the case with you here lol

Hmm, I'll have to look into that.

@charizard1605 said:

And I am sure it will be coming as soon as Ubisoft figure out how to make it open world with towers to unlock the map. Top kek ;__;

You joke, but I actually do worry about this lol. It's not that stealth can't work great in an open sandbox obviously, but I don't trust Ubi to do it right at all. Plus I just prefer the segmented level based progression and the variety that comes with it.

I really hope they don't shit the bed.

#143 Edited by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@altivera said:

Scalebound cancellation is the only major topic I can think of. Otherwise it's been the typical SW shit with the typical year end GOTY bitching.

#144 Posted by Altivera (101 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner: So same old same old.

#145 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams is pretty good. Been sitting collecting dust all those years.

Never heard of it until now, but I just checked out the launch trailer. Looks fun.

#146 Posted by ConanTheStoner (17370 posts) -

@altivera said:

@ConanTheStoner: So same old same old.

lol pretty much.

#147 Posted by uninspiredcup (26104 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Never heard of it until now, but I just checked out the launch trailer. Looks fun.

This guy (who really deserves more views) convinced me to try it.

Loading Video...

#148 Edited by illmatic87 (17933 posts) -

Man, MGS1.

That was a massive backtrack in a game that only had like 3 or so good areas: The area above the first elevator, the one after the crawl through the vents and that building with cameras and toilets after the first contact with Deepthroat. Everything past those stupid towers was a blur until you had to do that temperature thing with that card; more backtracking. I'm pretty sure what was present within those VR missions (and the followup standalone VR missions game, anyone remember that?) was better than what was there in the actual MGS1.

But eh. I liked it. Mostly because its gimmicks, scientific gibberish, Master Miller lectures + Sunglasses and its flamboyant presentation quality was intriguing to a 10 year old; Basically the audience for anime and Kojima storytelling.

>:U

#149 Posted by charizard1605 (82666 posts) -

@altivera said:

Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Trump is now the President.

@ConanTheStoner said:

You joke, but I actually do worry about this lol. It's not that stealth can't work great in an open sandbox obviously, but I don't trust Ubi to do it right at all. Plus I just prefer the segmented level based progression and the variety that comes with it.

I really hope they don't shit the bed.

I don't remember the last time Ubisoft didn't shit the bed... Rainbow Six Siege? Even that sucked at launch, and only got better because of relentless post launch support (which is to their credit, yeah). I don't know, they're very talented and ambitious, and I think they could do it right, I just... don't trust them to.

@illmatic87 said:

Man, MGS1.

That was a massive backtrack in a game that only had like 3 or so good areas: The area above the first elevator, the one after the crawl through the vents and that building with cameras and toilets after the first contact with Deepthroat. Everything past those stupid towers was a blur until you had to do that temperature thing with that card; more backtracking. I'm pretty sure what was present within those VR missions (and the followup standalone VR missions game, anyone remember that?) was better than what was there in the actual MGS1.

But eh. I liked it. Mostly because its gimmicks, scientific gibberish, Master Miller lectures + Sunglasses and its flamboyant presentation quality was intriguing to a 10 year old; Basically the audience for anime and Kojima storytelling.

>:U

I just remember playing that game for the first time, thinking it seemed like those spy thrillers my parents loved. Then we get to all the crazy shit that happens in the game, and I am thinking to myself, 'I am reasonably sure this is not what those spy thrillers are like.' Lol

#150 Posted by mmmwksil (16422 posts) -

@anthonyautumns:

While I personally enjoy FFX for many reasons, the story is certainly not one of them. I agree with the Tidus comment, and Wakka wasn't much better. But the rest of the cast was okay, and despite the rather wooden performance I actually like Yuna as a character.

My unpopular opinion is X-2 ranks in the top 3 of all Final Fantasy games. Try saying that in the middle of a best FF games discussion.